• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ridley for SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
New Goal: Now that we've gotten Ridley in first place, i propose a NEW goal. This thread will be the first thread about one single character to reach the post count of 3,000. That's our goal.

i'll post this in the diddy thread and we'll see which one makes it first

Jopaan

Smash Journeyman
Oh that's nice. Now it's a real competition. I do believe that Diddy has more supporters on this forum than Ridley. Of course, this thread is like a cult following so I don't know.

RIDLEY FOR BRAWL?

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
it should not be spam. that'd make it too easy. just keep it like it's always been.

and Jopaan, i agree FULLY with you. as a supporter for both and having been on these threads for more than a year, i can say that Diddy has a WAY bigger fan base, but Ridley has a stronger following

Fawriel

Smash Master
More supporters, maybe, but only few real fans.
And it seems to me that most Diddy supporters just support him because the DK franchise deserves more rep. Which is true.
But he is no competition for Ridley, whose awesomeness has transpired through half the galaxy to planet Earth where he inspired Evolution to create dinosaurs and humans to make up dragons, centuries before he was even born.

Caael

Smash Lord
I'd say Diddy has a bigger chance, that's why it's got a larger fanbase. People like to know they will be correct.

Ridley has less chance ( although he still have a huge chance) but stronger following. Still, we have way more views because our thread is so funny and popular. I remember the costumes still.

We should so make a Ridley thread timeline, for all the events that happened in it.

JesterBox

Smash Ace
-Time Line-

>Ridley For Brawl!--------700 B.C
>BUT HE IS TO BIG!-------500 B.C.
>NAH UH!------------------25 A.C
>RIDLEY FOR BRAWl------700 A.C.
>WE DON"t LIKE RIDLEY--800 A.C.
>RIDLEY FOR BRAWL-----2007 A.C.
>RIDLEY FOR BRAWL!----now A.C.
>LETS JUST POST TO BE MORE THAN THE OTHER THREADS!----The Future

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Will anyone here actually main Ridley? I mean, we all want him to be in the game really bad right? But will you guys even play as him if he's in? Will Ridley be to Brawl what Bowser was for Melee: Everyone wanted him to be in the game, but when he finally made it, no one played as him. I, myself, am not a big fan of large characters, so I don't know at this point...

[edit]

The time line thing was Caael's idea, so he should do it. Plus, he's been on this thread longer then I have. But I'll do it if Caael doesn't wanna. I do believe that Jesterbox's is historically accurate though...

Fawriel

Smash Master
Hmm, my mains will probably remain the same pretty much, but on the other hand, I don't really main any character. :p
Ridley will probably be my Bowser II, a character I'll play about once a day for a fun match of MINDGAMES, SON!
Try a Bowser ditto in Lightning Melee... it's TONS of fun. ^^

But hey, if Sakurai makes the best of Ridley... I might just extend my "mains" to include WW Link, Luigi AND good old Riddles. Who knows...

Stryks

Smash Hero
I really dont know I mean I main mario, cause of the well-balanceness, and I never did like using top-high tier characters, I rather use mid tier characters, anyway seeing how they may change things like WD and other stuff in brawl, u can say we'll pretyt much have a fresh start and start to main my fav. character, good or bad from the beginning...

But If I have to guess Pit, ridley, dark samus, wolf or megaman would be my pics...

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
It's hard to say, I don't really have a specific main now (though I use Marth and Roy more than the anyone else). I like using a range of characters to be honest, and I don't think brawl will be any different.

Still, it depends on how Ridley ends up. Hopefully he'll have a style I'll enjoy using, so I'll main him if that's the case. He'll definitely be one of the first characters I'll pick up (after I've unlocked everyone, I doubt he'll be a starter) so I'll give him enough attention to see how far I'm willing to use him.

Caael

Smash Lord
The time line thing was Caael's idea, so he should do it. Plus, he's been on this thread longer then I have. But I'll do it if Caael doesn't wanna. I do believe that Jesterbox's is historically accurate though...
I'll do some, but people have to help if I miss some stuff out. I'll start off with basics like ' Ridley thread created, Ridley thread reached 100 posts, 500, 1000, 2000, 3000 ect, and then we can add special events like the costume party, and movesets, and other events that I cant remember ><

Depending on how Ridley turns out, I might main him or not. I'm not sure what my style is though. I'm quite adaptable. I can use Marth and Fox, but can switch to ganondorf and DK easily.

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
at the moment Bowser catches my eye,if WWLink is confirmed (he WILL be replacing young Link) i'll main him for sure.

people at the worst character suggestion thread just can't surprise me more than this:

Wolf"kristal is better\a Fox clone''??

WWLink "clone of Link\ he is celshaded it won't work"<<<WTF??Marth,Roy,IceClimbers and Mr.G&W are 3 inch tall pixile sprites.

Ridely"too big\a dragon won't fit\dark Samus is better"<<dark samus?!?THREE DIFFERENT VERSION OF ONE CHARACTER?!?

Diddy
"he can't fight\DK clone\i don't like him"??

King DeDeDe<<<IMO he deserve it more than Meta Kinght (keep in mind that Kirby of the Stars is my favorite Nintendo franchise)

Sonic"i hate him\he won't fit with the Nintendo roster"<<<you mean Snake fit MORE with nintendo characters than Sonic?!?

what the hell is wrong with them??are they nuts?!?:urg:

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
If Riddles is a projectile spammer, then I'll main him in a heartbeat. He'll probably be my backup to Spamus (assuming she isn't nerfed to hell and back).

18 MORE POSTS PEOPLE!!

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Personally, I think Samus is fine the way she is, she's quite balanced and I don't think she really needs any buffing.

Ridley could be a projectile spammer probably, he probably won't need that B^ to be a recovery as he'll likely get multiple jumps and maybe even gliding (though Pit also seems to have a special recovery despite having multiple jumps).

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
If Ridley does come to Ssbb, then I hope he's better then Samus/Zamus, because come on, Ridley is just better.

Oh, Ridley for Brawl!

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Crap guys, they're spamming over in the Diddy Kong thread. And subsequently, they're catching up. Hurry people, post!

And I think Ridley needs more then multiple jumps. He should be able to fly temporarily, or at least, glide. That'd make for some insane run n' gun styled fireball barrages.

Illos

Smash Apprentice
Ridley for brawl indeed..When I first saw the opening to ssbm I thought that he would be a playable character..needless to say, I was dissapointed.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
i mean his main color^^

5more posts.
Purple, and both threads were made by the same person (who doesn't post anymore), lol! XD Now they are "competing" for the "first wanted unconfirmed newcomer character for Brawl thread to reach 3,00 posts "=lol! Either way he wins, especially in a tie! :laugh: :grin: :lick: :p :psycho: :cool:

2 posts=almost there!

@ tirkaro
My thoughts exactly! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom