• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ridley for SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
that's actually where i thought we would be, since he faces that way anyway. but you could line up small characters (at least in their dojo pictures) in the front and big guys in the back. as long as Ridley is staring down at them and he's in plain view

EDIT: on a side note, i thought it was funny that i called out for us to beat the diddy thread in posts and we did it. the same thing i did for diddy when krystal was ahead, i did for ridley when diddy was ahead

Jopaan

Smash Journeyman
I heard somewhere that that was fake. Otherwise it would have already been mentioned on this thread and we'd be all excited about Ridley being confirmed.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Well, this is also where they got the information that they'd be around 40 brawlers and 1-2 third party fighters... So I'm hoping it's not fake. Yet knowing nintendo, anything's possible... or not. lol.

kaid

Smash Master
That particular piece of "news" was traced back to a radio show claiming to have a private interview with Sakurai... and later admitted it was all made up.

So, fake.

EDIT: And I called a christmas releace days after LAST E3.

Fawriel

Smash Master
"You ***** are wearing the same dress!"

But seriously, that's a good size for Ridley, isn't it?
Smaller than Bowser.
Large enough to bite Zamus' head clean off.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Ridley=AT.
I say that simply because I have no faith in Sakurai for 3 things:
Online.
E3.
And Ridley in Brawl..I can just see him thinking it would be best not to have him playable. It's inhumane, and I wanna be proven wrong.
Bigtime.

@Fawreil
How the hell have I managed to begin to catch up to you post wise?
I recall seeing you when I first came on and thinking "Wow what a Huge postcount!!!!"
You were almost an idol! :p

Fawriel

Smash Master
I try only to actually post when I have something to add. I think a few people have already been banned for posting a lot unnecessarily...
You should be careful. *poke*

...in the other forum I'm in, I have the highest post-count, exceeding the second by about 5000. Haha.

Anyway, you should have some faith in Sakurai. He had no control over what happens at E3... or little, at least. There'll be a new event sometime soon that's all about Brawly awesomeness.

Blackadder

Smash Master
I try only to actually post when I have something to add. I think a few people have already been banned for posting a lot unnecessarily...
You should be careful. *poke*

...in the other forum I'm in, I have the highest post-count, exceeding the second by about 5000. Haha.

Anyway, you should have some faith in Sakurai. He had no control over what happens at E3... or little, at least. There'll be a new event sometime soon that's all about Brawly awesomeness.
Yeah, I have a posting fetish. I keep relativly kosher though. :p
I forgot about Sakurais lack of involvment in E3, so scratch that one.
(I'm in a grumpy mood, so I've been sounding a little pessimestic in recent posts). I still doubt the Online though. That ones a biggy for me.
I forget what the subject is...Ridley, oh yeah.
I still think he's gonna be an AT though...

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Ridley=AT.
Online.
E3.
And Ridley in Brawl..I can just see him thinking it would be best not to have him playable. It's inhumane, and I wanna be proven wrong.
Bigtime.

What is WRONG with you? So far: Diddy for AT, Ridley for AT, Falco for AT, Captain Olimar for AT, King Dedede for AT...are you on crack? Do you even think the game is coming out at all??

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
I don't think Ridley would really work.. it would seem kinda odd. But then again the SSB world is odd. We'll see in due time, but I don't think he'll be put in. He does look cool but I never liked any of the Metroid games :/

Blackadder

Smash Master
What is WRONG with you? So far: Diddy for AT, Ridley for AT, Falco for AT, Captain Olimar for AT, King Dedede for AT...are you on crack? Do you even think the game is coming out at all??
Lmao, do you FOLLOW me?
Okay, Diddy kong=AT (That ones just coz I nhate him, that one's a joke)
Ridly: What that guy above me said.
Falco: I think he'll be replaced by Wolf (Though I don't want this)
Olimar= I just hate him. And he's so tiny, It woulden't suprise me to see him has an AT.
Dedede= AT, I don't recall saying that one. But I may have in the middle of the night when I didn't know what I fridge was anymore.
Really, I just hate Olimar and AC characters.
Thats all. :p

tirkaro

Smash Champion
I don't think Ridley would really work.. it would seem kinda odd. But then again the SSB world is odd. We'll see in due time, but I don't think he'll be put in. He does look cool but I never liked any of the Metroid games :/
hush, you. without metroid, you wouldn't be born, since your parents had sex after they played metroid.

Ridley=AT.
Online.
E3.
Bigtime.
sakurai wants unique characters. ridley is unique. thus, to sakurai, ridley=good character. if not, he would be a hypocrite. and the game would be boring. and we all know the game wont be boring. at least, thats what the regginator said. and the regginator is never wrong. ever.

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
OnyxVulpine, you have tainted this great thread. Never liked Metroid, what's the matter with you? You obviously have some sort of major malfunction. We've already been through how Ridley could work, just go back into the depths of this thread and search it out.

Caael

Smash Lord
*sigh*

I really, really dont want to lecture people at the moment. But you've just sparked me.

First of all, Smash is a game where any Nintendo character can pop up. I bet none of you were expecting G&W, were you?

Second point, Sakurai want's more Metroid rep. Both past games have had 1 character representing Metroid. Metroid is one of the fastest growing franchises, due to Prime. It is now one of the biggest Nintendo franchises, and you want only 1 character to appear?

If you say ' Dark Samus is better than Ridley' then you are wrong. Zero Suit Samus has been added to the roster, do you really want 3 different versions of Samus? Plus Ridley is involved in Samus' past. If you took Ridley out of the games, they wouldn't work. If you take out Dark Samus from Hunters and Echoes, it doesn't make a masive difference. But take Ridley out of Super Metroid and the plot wont make sense.

Plus, Ridley is perfect for Smash. Sakurai stated that he
a) Want's more villains in Smash
and b) Want's more flying people in Smash.
Ridley fits both of those categories, so he is suited for Smash, despite what you say.

Before you mention it, Ridley's size is not an issue. Bowser, Kirby, Pikachu were all scaled up and down for Melee. Dont say that he wont fit.

Ridley wont be an AT, becuase as we have seen, they tend to be either for generic enemies and characters, which there are lots of ( Hammer Bro, Nintendog) or minor characters from a minor series ( Goroh, Wright).
Ridley is a main character in a popular series. He wont be an AT. Besides, since when was Hammer Bro's theme put on the site?

Ridley wont be a boss character, becuase what's the point in creating a boss with moves, models, etc, you might as well just make it playable.

My final point, you said that Ridley wouldn't fit in, and would look odd. How does a giant, mutant fire breathing turtle fit in? How does a floating pink puffball fit in?

I rest my case.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
The stupidity just oozes... Yeah, and I suppose Bowser wouldn't really work either. G&W? Nah, too odd...*rolls eyes*

He'll be in or Sakurai is a liar because he's the only other Metroid character (to speak of). And how could you seriously not like any of the Metroids? sheesh

Lmao, do you FOLLOW me?
Okay, Diddy kong=AT (That ones just coz I nhate him, that one's a joke)
Ridly: What that guy above me said.
Falco: I think he'll be replaced by Wolf (Though I don't want this)
Olimar= I just hate him. And he's so tiny, It woulden't suprise me to see him has an AT.
Dedede= AT, I don't recall saying that one. But I may have in the middle of the night when I didn't know what I fridge was anymore.
Really, I just hate Olimar and AC characters.
Thats all. :p
One only has to be in a couple threads to see your presence. Look at your stinkin' post count: You have over 1000 posts in about a month. You average 40 posts a day, every day. It just goes to logic to realize that one would see you around here.

And all of your reasons for ATs is because you hate the characters. First, most of that is unsubstantiated because all of those characters are awesome. But opinions aside, all of those have very high chances for showing up for reasons that we could bring up, namely that Sakurai either directly or indirectly supported their characters. Plus, they're all very popular choices.

And I really don't see how you hate Olimar...have you even played Pikmin?? It's an incredible game. My experience is: Most people who hate a character have either never played their game or had some weird anomaly experience with a game which is unprecedented.

hush, you. without metroid, you wouldn't be born, since your parents had sex after they played metroid.
That...is just awesome.

Fawriel

Smash Master
...man. You guys are brutal. It's not as if Onyx actually bashed Ridley or anything. *tilts head to the side*

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
that sounds like me in the future. i bet all my kids would be concieved in that manner. i can see a son being born cause i beat the next legend of zelda. "The final strike into Ganon, my son, that's how you were born.":lick:

anyway, those saying Ridley can't fit in brawl, well the guys above me pretty much nailed it on the head, so i'll just say...

Ridley for Brawl

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Dude, this has to be said: We just crushed the competition...we're way in the lead. Props to whoever created this thread, most successful thread of all time... :p

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Sakurai! If you're out there...If you can here this...please please PLEASE confirm Ridley soon! So that we can shut up all of these negative nancies...ughhhh

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Hey guys whats up?

*Looks at the posts above*

Jesus, what happened here? I go to bed and nothing's happening, then I wake up and +2 pages. Daaamn!

[edit]

Okay, I see what happened here. Another hapless Ridley hater wandered onto our turf and called out Ridley..... Soon after that, he was pwned in the a** about a dozen times. He will never walk right again.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
^Dedicated? More like extremists.

Has anyone ever had a decent reason why Ridley shouldn't be in Brawl? All I have seen is "|-|3'5 700 |31g!!11!" or "|)/-\rK 5@/\/\Us 15 b3t7eR!!1!" and my favorite, "r1|)73y \/\/0u|_d|\|'7 f1t 1n 73|-| g@|\/|e!!!11o1one!!11!!two@111"

Caael

Smash Lord
Tru dat, gypsy. When somebody gives a reason other than ' wnt fit in lulz', ' 2 bigz' or ' drk samus is pwnage', that's when I wont shoot them down and consider their point.

Think, haters. Come on, I know you want to confuse me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom