• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ridley for SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
what does this have to do with Ridley? we went to first degree murder, and then spaghettios. come ON, people. pull it TOGETHER.

and fyi, Ridley doesn't do murder. he does first degree genocide.
lol...I like that.

But don't limit him, Ridley also does second degree and third degree genocide, too: Sometimes he kills masses of people just because they make him angry, and sometimes he kills masses of people just because he's so monstrous that they get in his way and inevitably get killed.

Wyvern

Smash Journeyman
Little known fact: Ridley was originally slated to be the Rice Krispies mascot. "Snap, crackle and pop" initially referred to the sounds emanating from the burning remains of his enemies.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
ugh i better get this back on track.

remember the good old days whey you played the old metroid games or the newer metroid prime and you first encountered ridley. wasn't that an exilerating expierience?

now put that in playable form and you got yourself a bada** game my friend!

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
I remember. You always saw him fly by from the very beginning, but you never quite knew who he was. Then, later in the game, you'd walk into a room and BAM!!! There's Ridley. Then he'd own you.

Oh, wait. In Super Metroid, he was invisible, and you'd have to use your scan visor to see him. Then he'd own you.

majora_787

Smash Hero
yeah, invisible. I don't think they'd do that to Ridley. now, meta Knight on the other hand....heh heh....

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Oh, wait. In Super Metroid, he was invisible, and you'd have to use your scan visor to see him.
Huh? I've played Super Metroid many times and I don't remember that :confused:

Maybe you're thinking of the scene in the space colony when he appears out of the shadows in the room with the metroid hatchling?

------

Anyway, as for Ridley being in Brawl, I vote for him being an AT. Though I could go either way. I actually had him on my list that I made over a year ago when I first joined these boards.

majora_787

Smash Hero
TRAITOR! may Ridley have mercy on you when he devours your flesh, munches on your bones and ***** your soul. however, those of us who remain faithful will fight Sakurai to the death to get Ridley in as a playable.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Actually, I need some more members on the list I'm working on now to hit a nice round number like 32 or 36, so maybe Ridley is back in the running....

WolfenLegend

Smash Apprentice
TRAITOR! may Ridley have mercy on you when he devours your flesh, munches on your bones and ***** your soul. however, those of us who remain faithful will fight Sakurai to the death to get Ridley in as a playable.
NO WAI. You've won the award for "Greatest Post In The History Of Mankind Ever'!

Fudging win, man. Fudging win.

Ridley? AT? I will Falcon Punch Sakurai and HAL lab. if Ridley makes it as an AT. I have been thinking he might be too big for the game, but they can make him smaller or sumthn'. Like what they did to Bowser. He'll be awesome, just shooting ppl with the mighteh HIGHPERR BEEM OF DOOOOM. DOOOOOOOOOOOM. No but srsly, highperrbeemofdoom.

*I'm soo hyper right now. :psycho:

majora_787

Smash Hero
NO WAI. You've won the award for "Greatest Post In The History Of Mankind Ever'!

Fudging win, man. Fudging win.

Ridley? AT? I will Falcon Punch Sakurai and HAL lab. if Ridley makes it as an AT. I have been thinking he might be too big for the game, but they can make him smaller or sumthn'. Like what they did to Bowser. He'll be awesome, just shooting ppl with the mighteh HIGHPERR BEEM OF DOOOOM. DOOOOOOOOOOOM. No but srsly, highperrbeemofdoom.

*I'm soo hyper right now. :psycho:
thanks. but honestly, I still wish I could have used it with the first degree genocide comment.

and when I said first degree genocide, I'm not limiting Ridley. He wouldn't do 3rd degree, when he's evil and bloodthirsty he MEANS business.

Oh, and speaking of first degree. I'd bet that Ridley wants to know who called him a furry a few pages back. ^_^ this'll have the blood and gore of an M rated game for sure if they meet. rofl

majora_787

Smash Hero
dude, SSBM was rated T for the things SSB was rated E for. just a tiny bit more realistic graphics. with the graphics this game has, I would be almost be unsurprised if this game was rated for people 17 and up. then we'd have ANOTHER reason for Ridley to **** Sakurai's soul. :D

WolfenLegend

Smash Apprentice
thanks. but honestly, I still wish I could have used it with the first degree genocide comment.

and when I said first degree genocide, I'm not limiting Ridley. He wouldn't do 3rd degree, when he's evil and bloodthirsty he MEANS business.

Oh, and speaking of first degree. I'd bet that Ridley wants to know who called him a furry a few pages back. ^_^ this'll have the blood and gore of an M rated game for sure if they meet. rofl
Oh no, you did. I was just too crazy and hyper to realize that, but looking back at that post..Jesus.. He's a killing rampaging monster bent on Samus's destruction. With him in, itll be an M rated game, like you said!

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
dude, SSBM was rated T for the things SSB was rated E for. just a tiny bit more realistic graphics. with the graphics this game has, I would be almost be unsurprised if this game was rated for people 17 and up. then we'd have ANOTHER reason for Ridley to **** Sakurai's soul. :D
Yes, because unnecessarily making this game have an MA rating would be WONDERFUL for its sales. I'm sure that's exactly what Nintendo is aiming for.

f4lc0_m0nk3y

Smash Apprentice
that raises a pretty important question. will brawl be able to pass as a T-rated game with ridley included? especially when he's included in a game where the focus is killing as much as you can...

use your noggin
did ridley make any of the
metroid games rating [m]
no.so why would it change
for brawl

majora_787

Smash Hero
well, Rdiley made metroid prime rated T, and it had way more realistic graphics. so I think brawl will still be rated T.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Ridley was pretty violent in that game. but then again, the Metroid Prime was worse still. ;-;

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
A lot of people are freaking out about how Ridley is too big to fit in the game, but the size that they made him for the intro to melee seems like it would work fairly well. Ridley for Brawl!!!!

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Wow. There's alot of random people saying things you guys have been talking about since before I was even here. I mean, I go to sleep at eleven, wake up at nine, and there are two more pages of one setence long posts....

Oh, and welcome back samusrules, you didn't miss anything.

Sandy

Smash Champion
If Nintendo is willing to put in a 3rd party character, and a character who primarily uses guns and other firearms & weaponry at that, they have no reason to put put in Ridley.

Ridley's pretty important in the Metroid series, and Samus is one of the few characters to not have another playable character from the same game. Kirby, Ness, DK, Yoshi, Game & Watch, & The Ice Climbers are some others, though Kirby has Meta-Knight now, and DK & Yoshi are really Mario characters anyhow, and Game & Watch and the Ice Climbers don't really have anyone else to put in.

Thus, Ridley should be in SSBB. He'd have to be resized, but he could still be a heavy-style character like Bowser or Ganondorf.

His flight can be limited, like Kirby's or Jigglypuff's, so it wouldn't be a problem.

So once again, Ridley would be suitable. Unless Samus has some other reasonable character from her games I'm unaware of.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Ridley's pretty important in the Metroid series, and Samus is one of the few characters to not have another playable character from the same game. Kirby, Ness, DK, Yoshi, Game & Watch, & The Ice Climbers are some others, though Kirby has Meta-Knight now, and DK & Yoshi are really Mario characters anyhow, and Game & Watch and the Ice Climbers don't really have anyone else to put in.
Don't forget Capt. Falcon, though F-Zero doesn't really need another rep.

So once again, Ridley would be suitable. Unless Samus has some other reasonable character from his games I'm unaware of.

:(

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

WHAT?

Seriously, you can't possibly piss me of on the internet more than this... Donkey Kong is a full edged own franchise! Yeah, DK and Mario sometimes cross over but that doesn't mean that DK is a MARIO character. If anything, MARIO is a DK character since the very first game of the 2 characters was called DONKEY KONG after all!

Besides, Donkey Kong Country and all related DK games have got nothing to do with Mario. DKC has own baddies, own areas and own unique platform aspects while still keeping some arcade features as barrels.

Yoshi... okay, but Donkey Kong has his full edged own franchise and deserves representation in Brawl just as much as Metroid -if not MORE after Zero Suit Samus's confirmation.

Have a good day.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well, Ridley is still awesome and clearly the best choice for a Metroid character but yeah... DK being a so called Mario character pissed me off that much to forget about him. ^^

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
well it is sort of true. i do admit that DK is his own series, but with the amount of mario games he's been in, and the inclusion of other dk characters, it's kinda half and half.

before i forget, Ridley for brawl!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom