• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ridley for SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
I apologize to Stryks for earilier. I said that the Ridley in the E3 demo was Meta Ridley with Phazon powers. I watched the demo video again, and it turns out, the Ridley in the video is Phazon Ridley or "Dark Ridley" for that matter. It's the normal Ridley (without the armor and stuff) but mutated, making him look sort of like Dark Samus. So, Ridley will have Phazon powers in Metroid Prime 3, and will no longer be Meta Ridley.

I am also sorry for posting here so much and constantly changing conversation and stuff. I won't post anymore for awhile.

And OysterMeister, I am sorta right. In all the Metroid mangas, Ridley takes orders from the 'counsel'. However, I'm not sure if the Metroid manga is actually considered the real story. You're right about Mother Brain though.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Ridley isn't the leader of the Space Pirates, grim. The Mother Brain and the 'councel' are. Ridley has no word in anything, he's a high ranking commander, that's all. Ridley is just the "arch nemesis" of Samus Aran because he lead a raid on her homeworld and killed her parents.
Well, he is their leader because he leads them and gives them orders. You just said so...you just mean his isn't the highest authority, which fine.

They never really clarify who is. I suppose mother brain would be seeing as it is "mother" brain, and the brain is pretty much the "head" (:chuckle:) of the Space Pirates. I was just saying, compared to DS...Ridley is more of the main villain. So...blah. I have no idea what mother brain has to do with Prime though (if anything)...:confused:

And OysterMeister, I am sorta right. In all the Metroid mangas, Ridley takes orders from the 'counsel'. However, I'm not sure if the Metroid manga is actually considered the real story. You're right about Mother Brain though.
I thought they were based off of someone from Nintendo. I could be wrong. In any case, I like them thing of them as the real story (I've only read two; I don't know if there are more.)

kaid

Smash Master
Mother Brain was the Chozo-designed Planetary Defence computer. The space pirates under Ridley who let the mission to destroy Samus's home (on zebes... small galaxy, isn't it?) corrupted the computer and turned it into a loyal advisor to the Council.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Neither Ridley or Mother Brain are the leaders of the Space Pirates, Ridley is a Commander and Mother Brain is some sort of Advissor or Tactician, the masters and the Big boss of the Pirates are unknown to us.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
Zeta Metroid or Omega Metroid are the only other characters/enemies I can think of besides DS and Ridley

Unless we get a Space Pirate :p

Shuma

Smash Hero
There are many other Characters that could work in Braw(Omega Pirate, Torizo, Random Metroid Hunter's Hunters, Arachnus, Dark Trooper/Federation Trooper, Etc) , but Ridley, D. Samus and Weavel (or Sylux i guess..) are the only ones with a chance of getting in.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
There are many other Characters that could work in Braw(Omega Pirate, Torizo, Random Metroid Hunter's Hunters, Arachnus, Dark Trooper/Federation Trooper, Etc) , but Ridley, D. Samus and Weavel (or Sylux i guess..) are the only ones with a chance of getting in.
OH thanks for reminding me about MPH... I have no idea why I forgot about those.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
nah, i don't think any of the hunters have any chance at all. cause if you add one, others will be upset because "You didn't add whoever, but you added this guy! You suck Sakurai!" the only good choices are Ridley and Dark Samus

kaid

Smash Master
That's why Weavel and Noxis/Rundis are the only hunters possible, Weavel because he's a Space Pirate character, Noxis/Rundis because they share a form, and appear in booth hinters and Prime 3.

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
My GOD I didnt just read that, typical...

Ok so u have NEVER played echoes, and yet u say they would fight the same? my GOD ur wrong, this is a golden rule in game forums, and in life: NEVER JUDGE SOMETHING BEFORE EXPERIENCING IT!

Dark samus floats, samus does not
Samus has screw attack, dark samus does not
dark samus can become invisible, samus cant
Dark samus is made of phazon, samus is not
samus is a human being, dark samus is metroid prime using the phazon suit as a body

Dark samus wouldnt use punches and kicks, cause thats not her style, she will probably use phazon to attack, not punches and kicks, more like phazon waves... Believe me the only thing similair is the second part of dark samus name and the physical shape...
Hm, not that I want to continue this on the Ridley thread, but **** it. You're right, and I was taking a chance thinking what you said about never had played the game while I typed my response. But, most of what you said does not make my points incorrect. Going invisible, not having a screw attack, being made of phazon, etc., these don't mean that DS wouldn't use the same normal attacks. You can only speculate on whether or not DS would. Samus's screw attack is her upB, so they could change that. Still haven't succeeded. If you want to continue this, respond to me in the DS thread, but it doesn't seem like you're making any ground at this point. That being said,

Ridley should be in brawl, mainly because he is Samus's arch rival, maybe they will reveal more of the real space pirate leaders in corruption.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
Hm, not that I want to continue this on the Ridley thread, but **** it. You're right, and I was taking a chance thinking what you said about never had played the game while I typed my response. But, most of what you said does not make my points incorrect. Going invisible, not having a screw attack, being made of phazon, etc., these don't mean that DS wouldn't use the same normal attacks. You can only speculate on whether or not DS would. Samus's screw attack is her upB, so they could change that. Still haven't succeeded. If you want to continue this, respond to me in the DS thread, but it doesn't seem like you're making any ground at this point. That being said,

Ridley should be in brawl, mainly because he is Samus's arch rival, maybe they will reveal more of the real space pirate leaders in corruption.
I hope there is no one higher in the space pirate thing, i like the idea of him being the commander of the space pirates.

DS will not be much similiar to normal samus, but wouldn't make a good addition.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I hope there is no one higher in the space pirate thing, i like the idea of him being the commander of the space pirates.

DS will not be much similiar to normal samus, but wouldn't make a good addition.
I agree, Meta! :) I like the idea of him as the Space Pirates as well. (People keep saying that he isn't, but he is the only one who has ever given them orders in the games, etc.) Besides, commander or whatever he is officially, I don't see Ridley as too submissive of a character. He seems like he pretty much does what he wants, when he want. He's a stinkin' huge dragon for crying out loud! But, I could see him collaborating with a "higher power" or something...but, yeah, that's really all I have to say.

---------------------------------------

I have no idea how this DS convo. got over here, but I have one thing to add: I think the problem with him? getting in as it stands is that we have already confirmed another version of Samus (Zero Suit). I don't want to get into the whole "they're not the same person!" thing because I'm perfectly aware. They are as different as Ocarina Link and Wind Waker Link, as in, completely different people. I'm aware that Dark Samus would be cool, have different moves, add variety, etc.

But it's too deceptive as it stands to be too comparable to Samus in most people's minds. The way I see it, DS has a better chance of getting in if ZSS is a transitionatory character as Sheik was. Love it or hate it, but it does make the most sense, being that they really are the same person and she really could go back and forth in "real life." I would just hope that if they did it that way, it would be a good way...not losing a good move, and not situational (this might be OK if they did it right)...and most of all...having it be reversible.

In short, Ridley for Brawl...and DS only has a shot, IMHO, if Zamus and Samus can be swapped between one another. (But I do welcome any and all new Metroid series characters.)

EDIT: I REALLY want them to go ahead and confirm him so that we can get screenshots and I can change my avatar to Ridley :)

D

Deleted member

Ridley is practically confirmed. His music's in, two heroines are in... It's only a matter of time. Everything points to him being included at this point.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859

plus dark samus doesn't have morph ball, or a zero suit dark samus. so thats a different down be as well, and final smash and whatever is used to change into zero suit.

maybe this should be changed into a metroid enthusiast thread;)

the grim lizard

Smash Master
^^Way ahead of you.
:mad:*hates you*....!^!@#%#@$@# Premium members :mad:
(plus, where'd you get the idea, hmmmm??)

... and final smash and whatever is used to change into zero suit.
There's a millions reasons showing why that isn't true. It's not confirmed. The only reason people even think that is because of a cinematic clip. It's not confirmed; that's the bottom line.

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
plus dark samus doesn't have morph ball, or a zero suit dark samus. so thats a different down be as well, and final smash and whatever is used to change into zero suit.

maybe this should be changed into a metroid enthusiast thread;)
No no, my apologies for keeping it going on this thread. I don't want the Ridley thread to be tarnished by changing it. If everyone wants a Metroid enthusiast thread, then start one, by all means. But this thread is specifically for Ridley and he is very much deserving of this. Man, I've been here since the beginning of the thread (with a long break somewhere around page 30 up until recently). Stopped paying attention because they kept recycling old conversations, but now it's new again.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
@the grim lizard
no, i said and which means i am implying that they are two different things.
@tdub301
it was a joke. i rather keep this a ridley tread.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i wish someone stupid can come stumbling into this thread yelling about how ridley can't fight in brawl and shouldn't be included. that way we can yell at him and give him reasons why ridley rocks in every way and he can become a ridley supporter.

ridley for brawl

the grim lizard

Smash Master
i wish someone stupid can come stumbling into this thread yelling about how ridley can't fight in brawl and shouldn't be included. that way we can yell at him and give him reasons why ridley rocks in every way and he can become a ridley supporter.

ridley for brawl
You know...I really used to like the idea of Ridley in Brawl, but the more I thought about it...I really don't think he can fit. I mean...those wings are HUGE, even if he does curl his legs up. How they heck are they going to fit him?

Look how big he is: http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y62/btlizard/?action=view&current=ridley-1.jpg

Besides, even if they could fit him down to size, he'd be JUST like Bowser, and we don't need another one of those... I really think that Ridley should just be in the background of a stage like Kraid was. Or, at the very most, just make him a boss like Gigabowser (since he's basically a clone of him). Actually...nah, just put him in the background.

kaid

Smash Master
*pretends to be a ridly noob*

Why does this thread exist? Ridley won't be playable in brawl! Japan hates Metroid, so all we're getting is like 50 different forms of Samus, because it's easier for Sakurai. The music's just the new Brinstar theme.

If he did get in, he'd only be a boss. Think about it. He's WAY too big, and he has always been a boss. The music said "Ridley BOSS Music" so that's where it would be used.

*/ridley noob*

the grim lizard

Smash Master
The music's just the new Brinstar theme.
Yeah, I mean...it's just a battle song, which means it's going to be a battle, like a boss. Why would they call it "Boss Battle" if he wasn't going to be a boss?? If he really was going to be a playable character, they'd say "Metroid: Stage Music (Ridley the Playable Character's Stage)." But obviously that is NOT the name of the song. So, he is a boss or in the background.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
see you're taking it way out of proportion. it's the name of the song, NOT WHERE IT WILL TAKE PLACE IN BRAWL!!! i mean the first song was Menu 1 from melee, right? now where will the song be played, huh? will it be the menu song in brawl? NO!! in fact it will be the song played on Battlefield!

so don't assume that because it says Ridley Boss Battle, that Ridley is going to be just a boss. it just means that in the original game, that's when the song played, when Ridley the boss was fought. it can have an entirely new meaning in brawl, either on a stage, or Ridley (as a playable character) will have a counterpart like bowser in melee, and this is where the music could be played. Honestly though, i think it will be a stage song.

and no, Ridley can be scaled down AND still be able to work. and no he WON'T be another bowser

the grim lizard

Smash Master
and no, Ridley can be scaled down AND still be able to work. and no he WON'T be another bowser
But how would he hang on the edge and pick up items and all that?? I mean, how is a character like Kirby or Meta Knight gonna grab Ridley for crying out loud?? Nope. He's gonna be like GigaBowser (since you couldn't grab him either)...that's if you're even lucky enough for him to be any sort of character at all...

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
^^*laughs at colbusman for being cereal*

The music is obviously going to be used on a Samus stage, Poop Head. Ridley is just going to be a stage hazard. I'll never play that level though, because Ridley sux. I think I'll just turn Pokeballs on high and play against Level 8 computers (I can't beat Level 9's because they're toooo hard) on Mute City. Then I'll laugh when I hit 'em with a boomerangl and use Link's Up B twenty consecutive times to kill them because I'm am l33t and you're all a bunch of n00bs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!

Wow, has the official thread of the Great Ridley actually come to this?

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
But how would he hang on the edge and pick up items and all that?? I mean, how is a character like Kirby or Meta Knight gonna grab Ridley for crying out loud?? Nope. He's gonna be like GigaBowser (since you couldn't grab him either)...that's if you're even lucky enough for him to be any sort of character at all...
didn't you see the ridley in the melee beginning trailer? he looked like the exact size for brawl. and your character grabbing argument is dumb. it's the same concept of "How can Jigglypuff, or Pichu for that matter, grab Bowser, who easily outweighs them by at least 100 times, throw the bas****." Same concept, yet it happens in melee. It's smash, anything can happen.

Ridley can grab items with his hands. HE HAS HANDS FOR GRABBING!! he can grasp the ledge with his hands. if anything, he can be like mewtwo, hold with one hand with his feet on the stage. and if you're so worried about small characters grabbing something larger than itself, kirby can grab ridley by the neck if you will.

there's my argument and i'm sticking with it.

@gypsy lee
what the hell are you talking about? are you a dumba** or something? i was arguing the case of "Ridley's Boss Fight Music" with grim lizards argument that the song means ridley's going to be a boss, yet you slander ME when you should yell at grim lizard. don't be a dumbsh** next time before you make fun of someone

kaid

Smash Master
...and didn't you find it convenient that Grim Lizard HAPPENED to post that directly under you wishing you had someone to argue with?

We may need to explain the term "Tounge-in-cheek" to you.

bloodvayne

Smash Apprentice
@gypsy lee
what the hell are you talking about? are you a dumba** or something? i was arguing the case of "Ridley's Boss Fight Music" with grim lizards argument that the song means ridley's going to be a boss, yet you slander ME when you should yell at grim lizard. don't be a dumbsh** next time before you make fun of someone
You need to tune your sarcasm detector.

Anyways, saying he's guaranteed to be a boss is as ridiculous as saying he's guaranteed to be a character, there's no way of knowing atm. The name of the song doesn't aid either side really. It doesn't help that that music is used in several boss fights in the Metroid series, not just Ridley.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
I think it would be cool if he was on all four's when running but not when walking.

D

Deleted member

Ridley wouldn't be a boss. He, ironically, isn't really big enough. And what's the point of making good characters bosses? He's got a lot of potential and is popular.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
Ridley wouldn't be a boss. He, ironically, isn't really big enough. And what's the point of making good characters bosses? He's got a lot of potential and is popular.
well i dont know, they kinda made bowser a boss at the end of adventure mode (even though he does change into giga after whatever...), and the master hand isnt too big either...

but ridley's too cool to be a boss.

D

Deleted member

But, as you said, Bowser transforms into a massive monster and Master Hand is made specifically to be a boss. You're right about him being to cool, though.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
...and didn't you find it convenient that Grim Lizard HAPPENED to post that directly under you wishing you had someone to argue with?

We may need to explain the term "Tounge-in-cheek" to you.
hey i said i wanted to debate, so i debated. i don't care what i say as long as i get the point across

and yes i know he just wanted to start up a debate, cause he supports ridley as much as i do (if that's possible)

the grim lizard

Smash Master
and yes i know he just wanted to start up a debate, cause he supports ridley as much as i do (if that's possible)
Actually, you know what I decided? If there is going to be any more representation for the Metroid series like this, it should go to Kraid. I mean...he's already more or less appeared in Melee, which is more than what we can say about that big ugly dragon Ridley. Kraid has many awesome moves, and I think he would be far more interesting (and deserving) than Ridley.

What do you guys think? Kraid instead of Ridley?...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom