• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ridley for SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShoDan

Smash Apprentice
i got al metroiod games but in zero mission he isnt as big as mp's ridley but he is bigger then bowser. if he is like a head bigger then bowser and he gets 5 jumps and he can glide like mk. then i would like him to be a character

Ekul

Smash Journeyman
WHOA! over 1000 posts in 10 days! nice!
Well, unless the worst happens, we should be able to easily reach 5000 in two weeks.

You all know what I mean by the worst, right?

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
when i imagine bowser and ridley standing next to each other i imagine wario and waluigi

ridley will be taller (not as much difference though) but bowser will be much thicker

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yes... yes we do : (

Anyways yhea Kirby could fly forever but they just give him limited jumps... simple as that.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Hey, buddy...you're falling down too far, and none of the other Ridley "fans" will help you. Well, I'll help you.

Ridley for Brawl!

Jopaan

Smash Journeyman
Ridley's wings would be used as a recovery. His Final Smash would probably have something to do with a large plasma beam firing from his mouth at his closest opponent.

RIDLEY FOR BRAWL!?

ness4life

Smash Journeyman
In the apartment next to Sakurai. Friday is Pizza
Ridley's wings would be used as a recovery. His Final Smash would probably have something to do with a large plasma beam firing from his mouth at his closest opponent.

RIDLEY FOR BRAWL!?
true, its just the size of ridley makes it... err... difficult for him to have a moveset that isn't too overpowering but still in-character (i.e. making ridley weak would just look weird)

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
see, there's the size issue again!! when are people gonna learn that size is never an issue in smash! i mean it's not even the real fighters, they're trophies, and you can size a trophy whatever size you want!

get it through your thick skulls, size is NEVER an issue

Legolastom

Smash Hero
But the true question is how are they gonna down size his toe nail!? i mean its massive and there are no nail clippers that would not break if they used it on it! so this could be a massive blow to Ridley's chances!

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
But the true question is how are they gonna down size his toe nail!? i mean its massive and there are no nail clippers that would not break if they used it on it! so this could be a massive blow to Ridley's chances!
*slaps face*

another point down the drain for the hope of humanity

Shyguy666

Smash Rookie
Well this is my fisrt post and def not my last heh and the best part thus far there was a forum already made for ridley as a character heh. I would love to see this happen there hasnt been a new metroid character added zero suit samus dosent really count in my opinion. But to see this happen would be amazing come on Bowser and ganadorf were in the last smash bros game well give samus a turn she needs he nemesis now heh and from reading some of the move list ppl on here have made i would be surprised not to see him now.

Fawriel

Smash Master
get it through your thick skulls, size is NEVER an issue
Well, technically size WOULD be an issue for some characters, mainly some huge quadrupeds ( and Link on Epona o_0 ), limbless giant beings like Onix, and generally characters who are defined through their size, like.... uh...... Andre the Giant.

...of course, that's... rather rare.

Where was I?
Oh yeah.

About Ridley flying... I already said this, but I'll reiterate my idea.

Ridley is unlockable.
You play the superawesome Single-Player mode with Samus/Zamus.
At the end, you encounter the incredible, giant Meta-Ridley in a frightening, dark stage filled with lava at the bottom.
As he's defeated, his armor breaks off and he tumbles into the lava.
Victory fanfare and everything.
-A new challenger approaches-

Ridley survived, and he's back for revenge... with burnt wings, unfortunately. He can still fly, but has to stay on the ground most of the time. Bummer.

Also, you can play Ridley after unlocking him and beat a darker version of Meta-Ridley ( hey, Bowser could fight himself, too ) in order to unlock the stage, which has Meta-Ridley as a stage hazard and the Ridley music as the BG-music, of course.

I like my theory because it includes just about every single theory about Ridley's inclusion there is. :p

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Well, technically size WOULD be an issue for some characters, mainly some huge quadrupeds ( and Link on Epona o_0 ), limbless giant beings like Onix, and generally characters who are defined through their size, like.... uh...... Andre the Giant.

...of course, that's... rather rare.
kraid. just had to add it.

Shyguy666

Smash Rookie
Well either way i hope we all get to see ridley as a playable character cuz i have loved the metroid series since the first and ridley was insane in super metroid and in all the other metroid games that he appered in

...one other move that would be funny to see is if he throws metroid canasters at opponets and they lose a lot of HPs heh (just a thought)

the grim lizard

Smash Master
We all need to summon Ridley to eat all of these crappy threads that keep pushing this one down. I swear...all of the Game FAQ noobs came out of the woodwork today or something...and all decided to make really crappy new threads. "Oh, I thought of a brand new idea: costumes1!!1one!!" or "I hate all Nintendo character and they're lame, they should put in Sora and anime characters!!!!11111elven!"

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
w00t!! Ridley for Brawl!

Who thinks that he'll be confirmed tonight? That's wishful thinking, I know. But since Ridley thread reached the 3000 post milestone and the 4000 post milestone before any other character support thread, has done basically everything there is to do in a character support thread (we're even having art contests now, who else has done that?), what better way to end it all than have Ridley confirmed before anyone else? That would just be sweet, sweet icing on an already delicious cake....

the grim lizard

Smash Master
They should have a special version of the game for us avid Ridley fans...it would have his pictures all over the front of the box. And it would have all sorts of Ridley-related extras just for us!!

EDIT: We just need to go around and destroy all of these new, pointless threads. The mods either have given up or are on leave or something because they all need to be locked. As I said earlier, it's as if all the GameFAQ noobs came out today and decided to make 1000 pointless threads to knock down the actually interesting ones. Let's devour their faces...

P.S. - Has anyone seen Caael recently?? :confused:

Edit 2: I won't be satisfied until our post count surpasses the "confirmed character discussion" thread's.

Shyguy666

Smash Rookie
this is the only one i have read so far heh and im liking it i would just like to say it would be funny to see sonic and knuckles in this game for one reason

ok imagine this happening you and a friend are plaing SSMB right now your ridley and they are lets just go with bowser. Your friend smashs sonic or knuckles in the air and he is about to recover and blam ridley grabs them in mid air and throws them right off the map....

Now that would be sweet it would be like the donkey kongjump trick jsut without the dying part all the time lol:psycho:

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
They should have a special version of the game for us avid Ridley fans...it would have his pictures all over the front of the box. And it would have all sorts of Ridley-related extras just for us!!

EDIT: We just need to go around and destroy all of these new, pointless threads. The mods either have given up or are on leave or something because they all need to be locked. As I said earlier, it's as if all the GameFAQ noobs came out today and decided to make 1000 pointless threads to knock down the actually interesting ones. Let's devour their faces...

P.S. - Has anyone seen Caael recently?? :confused:

Edit 2: I won't be satisfied until our post count surpasses the "confirmed character discussion" thread's.
It's driving me crazy, too. :dizzy: I have the urge to flame, but it's no good. The topic creators never respond to anything...

And yeah, where has Caael been? I was just about to ask that in another thread. It is summer, so he might have gone on vacation or something like that. I guess he has a life outside of Smashboards. Go figure... :chuckle:

Ekul

Smash Journeyman
It's driving me crazy, too. :dizzy: I have the urge to flame, but it's no good. The topic creators never respond to anything...

And yeah, where has Caael been? I was just about to ask that in another thread. It is summer, so he might have gone on vacation or something like that. I guess he has a life outside of Smashboards. Go figure... :chuckle:
Well I was on my vacation when I started coming to smashboards...

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
We all need to summon Ridley to eat all of these crappy threads that keep pushing this one down. I swear...all of the Game FAQ noobs came out of the woodwork today or something...and all decided to make really crappy new threads. "Oh, I thought of a brand new idea: costumes1!!1one!!" or "I hate all Nintendo character and they're lame, they should put in Sora and anime characters!!!!11111elven!"
ZOMG! Sora for---

* Just then, a shrill roar pierces the sky and interrupts Smooth mid-sentence. A purplish blur, plus the sickening sound of flesh being shredded and bones snapping like twigs herald the headless figure of SC.*

Ridley for frickin' Brawl, people.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Hey...I'm a GFAQs n00b. ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom