• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RGV da BESS ~ WHGU 6 @ Kingsville = APR 23 !!!!

What day do you want our weekly UTB club gaming fests be?

• Monday

Votes: 11 8.3%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 17 12.9%
  • Thursday

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Friday

Votes: 14 10.6%
  • Saturday

Votes: 60 45.5%
  • Sunday

Votes: 12 9.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

andilex

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0232-8508-7675
Theres no use in reasoning, from everyone here, broly s made a salty river from his whining bout one game,

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Broly, you're hilarious. I'd give you your crown back, but you're actually serious.

Broly

Smash Lord
dont need no crown. I got reputation. Love kids who talks after 1 win. Im just trolling. cant take it, go to bed. =]

Vorguen

Smash Champion
time for some VORGINTERVENTION

i miss vorgy now.
i miss you too <333

although... you sort of implied you didn't miss me before... D: </3

airdodge skill. free escapes for everyone
only if its Falco

Falco's airdodge too good

Let's win a game by makng four good guesses and then mindlesly performing the same combos as opposed to having to work hard a whole match zoning and reading my opponent.
Actually having been around good melee players for a long time even though I never got good at it but managed to understand the game through Brawl etc I actually picked up how much it involves reading your opponent, in a way it involves even more flawless spacing and even harder reads than Brawl because one bad read or one mistake = a combo that can potentially take your whole stock.

In my very professional opinion deep rooted from years of self love and masturbation,

Melee takes harder reads, more precise technical skill, and flawless spacing.

Brawl requires more reads, consistency, and perseverence.

Afraid not.
I'm going to WHOBO though..

:peach:
i might see you there penis guy

I FKING LOVE YOU. telling these kids the truth. If pax actually played hed take first, everytime. but ask him why he doesnt. brawls boring. Melee wins, flawless victory.
I agree that Brawl is a bit boring, it just wasn't a well designed game for long term enjoyment. I wonder if there will be a smash 4 released

i hope your not talking about street fighter or melee >_> or any game for that matter, like you must be ******** if you think any fighting game doesnt involve reads and spacing... like ive stated before the reason why brawl is boring cause it is the same thing over and over just minus the hype of possibly dropping a combo, or doing a hard *** combo for the extra damage to kill and such... the whole game LITERALLY is Dodge and do my strongest move after or hes not gonna dodge imma do my strongest move now.

alot of hype from games comes from being able to make one really good read into a death or a gimp, shines and rests in melee, infinites and one hit kill combos in marvel, ultras in street fighter.. anyways you get the point, brawl just doesnt have that which is why so many people get bored. you just have to accept this and stop trolling...

p.s. "Let's win a game by makng one good guesses and then mindlesly performing the same combos as opposed to having to work hard a whole match zoning and reading my opponent." fixed for iceclimbers in brawl =P
Essentially Brawl could be really exciting if you really have the patience for it and find a slower paced game fun.

Brawl in the end is just not a lot of fun for me over long term because the game is centered around exploiting game mechanics and certain character abilities that are usually pretty gay and not a lot of fun. If the game didn't require MK to spam nado/shuttle loop/d-smash or Snake to spam F-tilt and grenades, Falco to run away and shoot lasers, Pit to plank for 8 minutes, DDD chaingrabs, etc

lmao you would sig that brawly.

pax aka "weedeater" aka "lawn mower" aka "goku" too good.
lawn mower LOL

Ok we get it melee requires skill brawl is easier, alot of us didnt get to play melee like u guys 20 years ago. Why get into a game thats barely alive. Continue playing melee all five of u. There is another thread that was for melee. Unless its dead like the game. I had fun with melee since it came out and still do today, but i enjoy brawl alot too and bet alot of ppl here do to.mabe cuz im alot better at it. And can win. They are two diff. Games some may like one more than an other. But in the end stop cutting them both down, everyone can have their own opinion on the game, just cause uve beem around playing alot longer than us doesnt give full authority to say whatever u want and cut ppl down. Theyre just games and rei gun loves.trolling. If brawl is so easy stop johning how u havnt played it for so long
And if the game is boring why even talk about it. No matter what anyone says ppl r gonna keep playing both games so stop this paradox. And if I remember this is a brawl thread.
danny too good

PS: to my one piece nakamas... idk if you'd all feel it too, but you know who i've been missing lately? Gan fall....

lol wouldn't it be legit if he made a cameo?

andilex

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0232-8508-7675
At mikey im just playimg, had to say it,
And cloud your crown looks like some blue cow utters

Broly

Smash Lord
Aight lets man up and purify the thread. First off, I want thread control, VORGUEN.

Now I understand and agree that opinions aren't defining statements of truth. People like Brawl, fine. People like Melee, fine. I get that me disliking one doesnt mean the other is better. My concern is that you dont get to critique a game like you played it. I do not go to Marvel threads and complain like if i play it. Same here. You hate on the critiques I give when I actually DID play the game. I researched it, played tournies, smashfests, tried a number of characters and spent 2-3 years on it. No one outside bville in the valley can say the same in melee except mikey and magik. You guys played friendlies, watch videos, that doesnt cut it. Speculation is all you have. Im not gonna stop guys from playing Brawl. Its your choice. I voice opinions based on what I observe through first-hand information. Whatever. Theres no salt, its showing you guys where you may base arguments. Rei, shank failed at it, but its fine.

In the end, this argument/trolling is done. Accept Melee is just as alive HERE as Brawl is now.

King hath spoken

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
then chose both. peach is fun in brawl, but better in melee. Shes the ONLY exception to where spam wins. ask fro.
I know that Peach is god tier in Melee.

I don't like god tier.

I'm thinking of getting into Melee a bit, but I'll be maining Zelda.

:dk2:

Broly

Smash Lord
exactly my reasoning derk.

Armada is good, but Peach is Hard. Zelda is trash tier, lol. Only moves she got is f-air and down b

Vorguen

Smash Champion
as of the first post and the tournament thing... i stopped editing the OP even before i stopped hosting tournaments myself, i would always post everyone's tournies in there, magik's, shank's, syoudous, etc....

however, people stopped taking accurate measurements of results, entrants, brackets, prizes, etc.

it was really hard to keep up with it and since I wasn't the only host anymore and without everyone else wanting to help me keep up with it... it simply was not feasable any more.

My idea was to keep accurate statistics since the failure of starting an RGV PR Tier list because while most people agreed with the placings of it, the majority also got butt hurt by it. lol, so instead I created the list of accurate facts and made it based on winnings. Also, I was planning on making a name and tournament placing records thing for everyone who came to tournies often.

For example

Marcus: 3rd, 4th, 4th, 4th, 5th, 8th, 13th, 21st

Juan: 1st, 1st, 1,st, 3rd, 4th, 4th

Steve: 7th, 9th, 9th, 13th

etc

in the end, not possible unless I did it for only my tournies... something i MIGHT start doing if i start hosting regularly again (which might start happening in a few months when i move back to the valley). If all other hosts want to work with me to get that done then I'll do it for sure if not I'll just do it for all tournies I run.

we'll see... things are still in the process of being figured out

Messatsu!

Smash Journeyman
Derk is right, this has gotten overly ridiculous. This thread was in a uproar for a week straight, then went to SA-pride-match-crew-battle, then died down and Broly started this up again with his "skill comment." I took the bait and trolled him, then Rei proceeded to do what he does best and derail everything for the lulz.

Andilex is right also, everyone is always going to do what they like and what they are best at. Man, even Broly is right...Brawl is superior to Melee in every way.

Ok, all trolling aside...This will be my only serious post and then I am done with this issue forever. I am going to go back to using the advice Gonzalo gave me after the first Brawlfest I went to: Ignore Broly completely when he posts on the thread.

I only want to point out the failures in the arguments. My intentions have always been for everyone to love each other and not fight. This is because I believe that negativity and anger always leads to skill cap where as humility and us just working together as much as possible has limitless possibilities. This is why Herby has much more potential >.>

First off, if you do not have a grasp of what logical fallacies are you should read this: http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/ ALL OF IT.

If you don't, that is fine because we are arguing about emotions anyways, something that logic says must be eliminated from the equation before truth is found. Which should already end the argument but noooooooo...

1st: "Melee is better than Brawl because of tech skill."

I will use a old saying to make a point: "That is like comparing apples to oranges." I will now use the same saying applied with BrownTown logic.

"Dude, Oranges are sooooooo much more hype than apples. Apples you just pick them up and eat them..its so easy. Have you ever eaten a orange with the peel? Fkuc no. You have to use skill to peel it. And it takes sooooo much tech skill to peel a orange in one fluid motion. Most women can't do this and very few men can peel it all at once. It is so hype peeling a orange. Pax DOESN'T even eat apples or oranges but he can peel a orange like nobody's business. Oranges are better than apples."

I honestly don't think I am exaggerating too much with this comparison. Melee and Brawl are two completely different games with similar fundamentals. Comparing them by what it takes to play each one is completely stupid, because they are not the same. They are the same, but different. Get it?

The equation gets even more wrong when you add "hype" as justification as to why you think a game is better than the next.

You can't measure "hype" to define a good game. SF4 has taken hype to a new level with the Ultra system and EVO had like what, A THOUSAND entrants? Just because a lot of people scream and yell doesn't determine the "goodness" of a game. SF4 is arguably the EASIEST SF game to play to date, but there are a billion players playing it. OMG instead of short, short, legs...he did short, short, legs, ultra!!!!!!!! WOWWW! THIS GAME MUST BE GOOD.

Chess is a quiet game, Golf is a quiet game..but they both have billion dollar industries that siht all over Smash and "competitive gaming" in general. The hype surrounding them does not make them better, it just makes them different. They are the same, just different.

You can't argue for against football like this: Football is so lame. It is such a slow paced game and they have all this time in between plays to make decisions. So not hype. Basketball is more hype it is so much faster.

OPINION, STFU ALREADY. I love all games, sports, boardgames, whatever. It doesn't mean anything to senselessly keep voicing your opinion in a factual manner. It just makes you look stupid. Brawl and Melee cannot be compared to each other to determine which is better. Well, maybe they can, but not in this thread. To do so would first take the removal of our bias and emotions...that is not going to happen.

2nd: "Ask Pax, he is so good even though he has not played. Because he beat Magik who ****z on everyone regularly Brawl is bad. Nuff said."

Daigo quit playing SF about a year. He walked away from the game to peruse going "pro" at another game. I forget the name, but it is like a Japanese Chess. He decided he didn't like it and moved on to SF4 when it dropped. Holy sih1t. He quit, came back, and STILL became NUMBER ONE IN JAPAN within the first few months.

Yes I am comparing Pax to Daigo in their own respects. Pax is good locally, Daigo is good internationally. They both were able to quit the games they played, yet still come back and dominate the best competition in their area even though they had been on hiatus. Why?

It is not because Brawl and SF4 are "easy games" because they are hard in their own right, in their pure theory. It is because they are amazing at the fundamentals involved. They understand the games at a deeper level which allows them to excel over armature players that can't even grasp the concepts behind spacing.

As far as the "Magik" incident, who cares? Pax MAINED MK from day one while Magik dabbled with other characters and even now still doesn't main MK. Real talk, I even beat Magik 2/3 in the ditto the last time we were at Danny's. He then proceeded to 2-3 stock me with Yoshi and Wario. It doesn't mean anything to beat him after not playing in sometime in the ditto while you still have competence in the game. Pax is godlike, no one is arguing that. His performance in games means NOTHING to the arguments of what games are better and why.

I have already typed waaaaay too much. This isn't in as much detail as I would like it to be, but I have class soon. I didn't even get into the juicy stuff like why I love Brawl as a game. Like how SF transcended the culture gaps between lawyers, Bboys, thugs, nerds, business men, etc...but Brawl took it to the next level and eliminated the factor that still seperated people..."Tech Skill" Now we have young kids fkcing up older ones because the game is forgiving of the fact that not everyone has time to sit in training mode for hours at a time. Wait I need to stop....

When you accept a game for what it is and move forward with its metagame there is no johns. You play it with its flaws and shortcomings, but you do not compare it to something completely different but has similarity to make your case. You play the game and that is it. STFU and do good. If you don't like it, don't play it and STFU. It is that easy.

Broly, Rei and I haven't been trying to convince you of anything other than you need to take troll bait less. I love you, Broly <3 YOU are HYPE. Not Melee or Brawl.

Let us all just focus on the upcoming events and have fun together. We need to kill this issue and move to just whooping SA again. <3

With that said...I am going to go drink my coffee now.

Coffee is soooo hype. Do you know how hard it is to drink fast while it is hot? It takes sooooo much skill and technique to not singe your mouth with third degree burns. In the golden age of breakfast drinks coffee took tea down cause it tastes like a$$ but you are better if you drink it quick. Coffee = Melee, Tea = MvC2. Coffee has tech skill that Marvel players dream about having. It is so hype when it is purely black. It will always be better than Orange and Apple juice. Sweet drinks are for FPS players.

Love you all! Can't wait for our next event together. <33333332554266

defsithe

Smash Ace
With that said...I am going to go drink my coffee now.

Coffee is soooo hype. Do you know how hard it is to drink fast while it is hot? It takes sooooo much skill and technique to not singe your mouth with third degree burns. In the golden age of breakfast drinks coffee took tea down cause it tastes like a$$ but you are better if you drink it quick. Coffee = Melee, Tea = MvC2. Coffee has tech skill that Marvel players dream about having. It is so hype when it is purely black. It will always be better than Orange and Apple juice. Sweet drinks are for FPS players.
this

10i<3coffees

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Coffee is so bad, man xD

Vegan cookies, on the other hand, now that's hype. I found an alternative to peanut butter chocolate chip, by the way XD

derkapalooza

Smash Journeyman
I will use a old saying to make a point: "That is like comparing apples to oranges." I will now use the same saying applied with BrownTown logic.

"Dude, Oranges are sooooooo much more hype than apples. Apples you just pick them up and eat them..its so easy. Have you ever eaten a orange with the peel? Fkuc no. You have to use skill to peel it. And it takes sooooo much tech skill to peel a orange in one fluid motion. Most women can't do this and very few men can peel it all at once. It is so hype peeling a orange. Pax DOESN'T even eat apples or oranges but he can peel a orange like nobody's business. Oranges are better than apples."

I honestly don't think I am exaggerating too much with this comparison. Melee and Brawl are two completely different games with similar fundamentals. Comparing them by what it takes to play each one is completely stupid, because they are not the same. They are the same, but different. Get it?
i like your analogy lol. we should all be like this:

and i couldnt help but be reminded of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrXGnwhZ58c (cept no one will prolly laugh at this lmao)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom