• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RGV da BESS ~ WHGU 6 @ Kingsville = APR 23 !!!!

What day do you want our weekly UTB club gaming fests be?

• Monday

Votes: 11 8.3%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 17 12.9%
  • Thursday

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Friday

Votes: 14 10.6%
  • Saturday

Votes: 60 45.5%
  • Sunday

Votes: 12 9.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Messatsu!

Smash Journeyman
Wow give me a. Break melee is like the equivilent to 3S omfg guess parry 2/3 life gone with chun/yun aka fox/marth/jiggs/falco/sheik lol sounds worse imo. Good guess free stock who give a fkuc if it take a few more timed button combinations to do so...same shizit!

Pax been on dat peace pipe too much with his magik logic...he would play wit brownsville where the strongest players were while vorgy was around and magik has....well magik has weslaco...he doesn't play everyday LOL not as much as fro and cloud practice brawl at least ROFL

banehollow3789

Smash Rookie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeM0rH_4ung

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD_imYhNoQ4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMcv56mrJeg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tXZo6oO11E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_E3n0hZZug

real hype =O

wasnt trying to not look for brawl vids but i searched brawl hype and brawl comebacks in youtube... nothing lol

btw u guys are getting "did" confused with "still practice" normally when u dont do something for awhile u get worse, but in brawls case u stay the same, thats all anyone is saying lol

u dont practice melee u start missing l cancels, u dont play marvel u drop combos and infinites, u dont play street fighter u start missing links and fadcs, u dont practice brawl and.... well u still play brawl lol

Broly

Smash Lord
spoken like a true g. What is it that needs practice in Brawl, MUs. Thats it. You talk like you speak of experience Shank. Actually play a game for more than a month before even grasping a games metagame. Not, ''oh look he lost a stock in 2secs, must be easy''. Thats your thought process. he died fast, it must be easy. man that lucario survived 5 mins, hes really good. LOLZ

andilex

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0232-8508-7675
spoken like a true g. What is it that needs practice in Brawl, MUs. Thats it. You talk like you speak of experience Shank. Actually play a game for more than a month before even grasping a games metagame. Not, ''oh look he lost a stock in 2secs, must be easy''. Thats your thought process. he died fast, it must be easy. man that lucario survived 5 mins, hes really good. LOLZ
Ok we get it melee requires skill brawl is easier, alot of us didnt get to play melee like u guys 20 years ago. Why get into a game thats barely alive. Continue playing melee all five of u. There is another thread that was for melee. Unless its dead like the game. I had fun with melee since it came out and still do today, but i enjoy brawl alot too and bet alot of ppl here do to.mabe cuz im alot better at it. And can win. They are two diff. Games some may like one more than an other. But in the end stop cutting them both down, everyone can have their own opinion on the game, just cause uve beem around playing alot longer than us doesnt give full authority to say whatever u want and cut ppl down. Theyre just games and rei gun loves.trolling. If brawl is so easy stop johning how u havnt played it for so long
And if the game is boring why even talk about it. No matter what anyone says ppl r gonna keep playing both games so stop this paradox. And if I remember this is a brawl thread.

andilex

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0232-8508-7675
I agree with derk , I hate seeing ppl.get cut down involving games they play. They are for fun,

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
So at the end of the day, we have found that time spent not playing Brawl doesn't diminish your skill, which leads me to say...

Broly had no rusty johns when I beat him :awesome:

Trolling aside, I use that as an example that, yes, you do lose out when you don't practice the game because honestly, I haven't gotten much better since the tourney prior either. Look around the country and, save for Pax (and who knows why...), you'll find the same is true everywhere. Allllllly stops playing, he's not the best in the world, not even second or third best any more. C.h.u.d.a.t. stops playing as much, drops 6 or 7 spots on the PR, from first. He was a Melee god too, no?

@Fro, you're not gonna find Brawl Hype Moment #5 because the hype doesn't build in single occurrences like that. It's a longer game, the hype builds up over time. There are plenty of huge comebacks and demoralizing three stocks by people who end up losing sets. The hype builds until the end of the set and that's not something you'll find on Youtube. If that's not your definition of exciting, so be it. Most of the Smash community will disagree with you. And if you insist on bringing up old footage...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZdolHTLciY

Takes a stock off of one big read, just like you like it.

defsithe

Smash Ace
Basically the same amount of Melee entrants as Brawl last tourney.

Smash math = Brawl is dead?!?!

:troll:
melee tourny SMBU still the biggest smash tourny in the valley. so melee=more alive than brawl ever was.

:p

soooooooooooooooo the thread sucksssssssss. so ima spam tourny pictures
ISAI!

Me and Crystal City

Mexican marth players and Mikey who picked up marth at this tourny

young majoras, The True Valley Smash Champ

majoras and meme- he beat me in winners i beat him in losers. marth too good

REAL Peach Player not that gay **** Brownsville Fro plays

Eatsies at Cici's

Chuy do you know any of these people?

Who doesn't <3 mikey

TOOO GOOOD

C 2the loud

Smash Cadet
Look at other tournies
1st melee tourny actually organized in quite a while. Last one i remember was the one where pax beat shady. No other attempts were made and when we finally do BAM! we keep it classy folks.

Also why C.h.u.d.a.t? Its C.h.u D.a.t silly. Ch.u IS Ice Climbers. Nuff said.

I should have taken a picture with Isai at MLG Dallas. :( My life would be perfect.

Isai: The True Gentlemen.

C 2the loud

Smash Cadet
There are melee tournies happening everywhere. o.o You must be living under a rock called ignorance or something.

I envy you Mikey. C.h.u too good.

Broly

Smash Lord
Do i hear whining lol. People dont look for brawl vids that are like 20 mins long. Fast pace, combos, technique, mindgames, gimps, reads, skill. thats fun. not zoning, camping, ledge limits, CG to off stage deaths, no edgeguards, no need for l-cancel. trust me, if brawl had l-cancel, we would style on you. Easily. but ofc, ill lose to a char cos people press buttons knowing it works. no technique. sure, mindgames, camp, spacing is there. but no combos nor tech skill.

defsithe

Smash Ace
lol if i where isai at MLG Dallas i would think i was like you hero, since you would have been like 5 years old at that time :p

C 2the loud

Smash Cadet
Official next tourney name: PTSBP! (Pass The Salt Brawl Players!)

Fro confirmed.

I didn't know about Isai until we got back. Only knew about C.hu and got to see his amazing Young Link in action.

Reizilla

1st melee tourny actually organized in quite a while. Last one i remember was the one where pax beat shady. No other attempts were made and when we finally do BAM! we keep it classy folks.

Also why C.h.u.d.a.t? Its Chu Dat silly. Chu dat IS Ice Climbers. Nuff said.

I should have taken a picture with Isai at MLG Dallas. :( My life would be perfect.

Isai: The True Gentlemen.
For namesearching purposes, obv -___________-

Broly, all I get from your post is salty johns because the rest of the world doesn't agree with your opinion. Seriously, dude. All you're saying is "I like fast." That's it. Has nothing to do with how good a game is, how deep it is, how competitive it is, nothing. Opinion is opinion. People have different ones. Deal with it.

Broly

Smash Lord
i concur. Lets make it Mikey. my place is cool, but harlingens ideal.

oh wow, you talk to everyone rei? Im really sorry Brawl is made for you to actually place higher than Bye round

Reizilla

Broly, go to sleep or speak in a real language, please. Also, see the edit I made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom