• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RGV da BESS ~ WHGU 6 @ Kingsville = APR 23 !!!!

What day do you want our weekly UTB club gaming fests be?

• Monday

Votes: 11 8.3%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 17 12.9%
  • Thursday

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Friday

Votes: 14 10.6%
  • Saturday

Votes: 60 45.5%
  • Sunday

Votes: 12 9.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
I'd put My Little Pony just below Power Puff Girls and right above Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends. For now. Haven't watched everything yet. It's funny, albeit mostly feminine. I'd much rather watch this than the typical "it's so funny because it's ******** derr hurr depa" cartoon that's so common now.

It's just funny to have an avatar too x)
Derpyhooves or gtfo

derkapalooza

Smash Journeyman
good :) :)

im thinking this might be a good idea, i'll talk to you personally for the details about running bf9 there

lol you guys dont need to try to take the thread im taking care of the crew again :)
so since your coming back, i wonder if this means anyone else is going to come back to the crew?

guero?

vickey?

lol who knows.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Vickey still plays brawl... he just ragequit tournaments a long time ago because he hated the pressure on singles so he only played doubles / friendlies..

Guero plays still too I think, I'm the only one who hasn't played lol haven't touched brawl since last July >_< someone practice with me :D

Messatsu!

Smash Journeyman
there is no point doing a tournament down here and expecting huge results. if you just want it to be the souther rgv crew that will happen. lan center is open anytime and we could host there, but for a real tournament we might as well make it kingsville. its not bad at all to go up there.

and ROFL at vorgy touching the first post.

zet@_956

Smash Cadet
I'd play you Vorgy but you stilll in Houston right? So did you meet up with the Houston Crew? I miss those guys, but have to adjust to Brownsville and it sucks down here b/c no one plays, or attempts to... yeah. PS I got engaged yesterday

Messatsu!

Smash Journeyman
I'd play you Vorgy but you stilll in Houston right? So did you meet up with the Houston Crew? I miss those guys, but have to adjust to Brownsville and it sucks down here b/c no one plays, or attempts to... yeah. PS I got engaged yesterday
sucks bro im sorry

Vorguen

Smash Champion
there is no point doing a tournament down here and expecting huge results. if you just want it to be the souther rgv crew that will happen. lan center is open anytime and we could host there, but for a real tournament we might as well make it kingsville. its not bad at all to go up there.

and ROFL at vorgy touching the first post.
i would do a tourney in brownsville only if i thought i could get a bunch of the randoms to show up

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
RGV, make a Power Rankings.
For cereals though, I'm thinking about putting one together. If I can host a tourney first/second weekend of April, I'll probably get with some people and throw something together. If I can get two tourneys planned in a fairly short amount of time, I'll do it after that.

MLP themed?

Reizilla

Introducing the official 2011 RGV Power rankings!!!!!!!

1. Robin-chwan

2. Rei-Gun

3. Reizilla

4. My Zombie Dog Ate Me

5. Shun Goku Satsu

6. Senor Taco

7. El Taco Loco

8. Darn Dead Horse

9. Segogre 2

10. Ne1 Lan 34

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Umm. I have a friend in Brownsville from here and he mains Ike. Look him up, bro. If he has time, I think he'd love to have someone to brawl.

His name here is Hist.

:peach:

Reizilla

Two tournies in the last 9 months? Kinda stretching it, in my opinion. We also have to decide what kind of rules to put in place. Justin's better than a lot of us, but only been to one tourney... et cetera.

derkapalooza

Smash Journeyman
2010-04-18 Kingsville Tourny
2010-05-02 Try Hard or Die Trying
2010-06-18 Omnicon Day 1
2010-06-18 Omnicon Day 2
2010-09-25 KoK WHG3
2010-11-28 Banzaicon
2011-01-22 Brawl STV4
2011-01-22 RGV High Roller
2011-02-19 WHGU4

why not just use the tourneys that have happened within the past year till now? The ones underlined seem like the most legit to count seeing as how most of the crew was there. That makes 4 tourneys to go off of, which seems like enough, esp since more are going to happen soon. I wouldn't really count any of the con tourneys (other than gato-con) bc magik and andilex basically wrecked a bunch of con nubs. and when it comes to justin, yea i do agree that hes better than a lot of us, (and i have alot of love for you justin <3, so dont take this the wrong way), but the fact that hes only made it to 1 out the 3 tourneys we've had since hes been here in our region is his fault actually. for whatever reasons, he chose not to go to stv4 and gato-con when he could have. hes actually been to 2 s.a. tourneys since hes been here so... like everyone else, if he would like to be on the rgv pr, i say hes gonna have to work for it and attend more events. with his skill im sure he'll move up quick.
Being a skilled player is one thing, but only going to one tourney every couple of months doesn't mean you should expect to be high on a pr without going to alot of tourneys.
i actually like the rules s.a. has for their pr. go check it out and see what you can get from it.

Reizilla

Very well. What say you to a panel of myself, yourself, Herby, and Magik? We'll take votes on it and tally it up?

Reizilla

Well, point systems are often really really inaccurate, particularly for something with this limited amount of data (one of the reasons why I want to keep track of absolutely everything in the first post...) although, I will admit there's less bias, I doubt there would be much less complaining. I just bellieve a panel is best for now, at least until we have either more consistent tourneys or more attendance from us.

Reizilla

I'll see if I can go make a social group or something and invite you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom