• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RGV da BESS ~ WHGU 6 @ Kingsville = APR 23 !!!!

What day do you want our weekly UTB club gaming fests be?

• Monday

Votes: 11 8.3%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 17 12.9%
  • Thursday

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Friday

Votes: 14 10.6%
  • Saturday

Votes: 60 45.5%
  • Sunday

Votes: 12 9.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
I'm down for a tourney on the 30th. That's the only Saturday I have off and I'm not throwing one here because I wanna go home xD It would be legit to have one in the valley. If not, then I'm good for any Sunday, before the 16th, as long as Derk or someone can take me.

Broly

Smash Lord
when i said 3-2, i meant papi losing lol.

idc what day since im available for both. the 30th sounds good to me and im confirming papi for the next one as he just asked me whens the next one. somebody ask SA if Mcallen is too far for them or not. it be ****** if they could. Maybe Illmatic will come get a whoopin too. XP

Reizilla

What?! It's only been 5 tourneys! Papi can't come for another 2! XD

Magik0722

Smash Champion
<3 JK

It would be amazing if Papi and Vash actually did come to the tournaments. I am waiting on Kingsville for a date. It needs to be a day that they ALL can make it so we can all have fun. If not in Pharr than in the LAN CNTR...If it winds up being on a Sunday, then we are going to have to set it up and start the tournament EARLY so we can finish EARLY. I'm tired of the fcuking late johns by two hours+ Like Fro said, we need to start DQing people to be more efficient overall.

Bottom line: Kingsville + Alice [and Laredo? Chuy, get with your crew and decide if you have transportation to McAllen/Edinburg area] need to figure out a way so everyone who wants to come has a ride and that it works for all of them! DO IT NAO!

Also, I prefer Sunday>Saturday so that way Andilex can make it, he cannot make it Saturday under any circumstances. He needs to get his head back into better things anyways.

I :rolleyes: at that also
I can help with a tournament at NE1, i think harry trusts me enough that i can be the TO, ill ask him when i get the chance

Magik0722

Smash Champion
Pokemon Stadium 2

Counterpick Group Two
Vote: (7-24-18)

We feel that Pokemon Stadium 2 was banned in many regions without being given a fair chance. The votecount clearly shows that we do not think this stage should be banned.

The most common issue brought up with this stage is that it forces players to deal with changes in the game's physics, such as icy floors or low gravity. However, the majority consensus was that these changes do not degrade play, but instead open up new options that can be used to the advantage of the player that takes the time to become familiar with the stage.

The tendency for transformations to lead to stalling was raised as a concern, as several characters can stall the entire duration of Flying transformation, and both Electric and Ground transformations tend to discourage approach. For this we look at the precedent set by Pokemon Stadium 1, for which there are no qualms about its legality. As Rock and Fire transformations also have a tendency to halt battle, it is clear that the 30 second intervals of ceasefire is not a banworthy quality for Pokemon Stadium 2.

A strong point for its legality lies in the fact that no characters seem to consider this stage a strong counterpick, and no characters seem to consider this one of their worst stages. This leads us to believe that this is a very fair stage overall. In fact, with no characters currently considering Pokemon Stadium 2 as a strong counterpick, there was a movement to allow Pokemon Stadium 2 to be considered as a Starter stage.
there was a movement to allow Pokemon Stadium 2 to be considered as a Starter stage.
yes bbr is startign to see things my way

thebokkie

Smash Cadet
I swear I am not going to go down early in tournies anymore.
I'm going to learn some matchups, even if it means I have to play wifi to do it >.<
Mainly Marf, TL, Peach( i think i somewhat have now ), more MK, Wario, kirby and yoshi ( i dont want to be surprised by anyone, like slush )

Messatsu!

Smash Journeyman
I can help with a tournament at NE1, i think harry trusts me enough that i can be the TO, ill ask him when i get the chance
The issue with NE1 is that if we host a tournament there for Brawl and Super we basically have to shut down the entire venue for the day to do that. That hinders business and 'potentially' could cause a negative view of the facility by the customers since they can't go game when they want. We will see though...

yes bbr is startign to see things my way
Now start using it... :b

Broly

Smash Lord
I think JK is better than me right now, but just so you know justin beating me with DDD honestly does not prove much, lol
laaaame

wheres the **** pride? MM him CG. Get some **** hype into this region.

MM id like to see

Rei vs Derk

Syoudous vs Vorgy

Shlike vs RoyR

Magik vs SA Crew

Shank vs Bombchu wolf dittos.

Cloud Vs Mikey in brawl.

derkapalooza

Smash Journeyman
trolling the SA thread made me want to set up a PR for the RGV, as silly as that might be. but i mean the RGV+Kingsville...that would be tight son!
do it shank, but we need to use pokemon. we have over 493 to choose from lol. frank can be a lapras like he's always wanted to be.

1. Shlike
2. Pax
3. Magik
4. Broly
5. Shank
6. CG
7. Justinkamikaze
8. Derk
9. Rei-gun
10. Syoudous
imo i think justin does deserve 5th. during that mini tourney we had at my place, i could tell he was just messing around vs baron in gf lol. any placings after that is anyones game. i think me, baron and frank are all around the same lvl.

So, when is a good weekend for Kingsville to carpool down here? I will probably simultaneously host SSFIV for the same reasons.
as of right now i dont have a problem with the 30th, id have to talk to the guys though. if the tourney does end up being on a sunday idk if javie would drive us bc he would most likely wanna stay home and watch footbal. its a good idea to throw ssf4 cause then it would interest steve to drive justin to the tourney too lol.

the Kingsville tourniey made a huge impression on SA. It was nice for us to actually play a different region that's kinda equal to us in skill because we're so used to playing the same people lol. If you ever want SA to come down with multiple carpools again, I'd recommend Kingsville for them.
i feel the same way, glad to see you guys are interested in our future tourneys :)

Papi played brawl last night.
Ice Climbers
exactly.

If it winds up being on a Sunday, then we are going to have to set it up and start the tournament EARLY so we can finish EARLY.

Bottom line: Kingsville + Alice
i guess if your going to refer to kingsville and alice just call us the "coastal bend". its what our region is called anyways. i think tourneys in the rgv on sundays are fine, but yes if they are going to be held on sundays please start them earlier. most of us in kingsville have work and school to worry about on mondays.

ROFL at your 2v2 zoning Broly and Derk in the middle of the screen.
i actually didnt wanna do this mm at first. but after losing that 1st match in the set, i got mad cause i didnt wanna lose my 3rd place prize money and made myself focus haha.

Reizilla

do it shank, but we need to use pokemon. we have over 493 to choose from lol. frank can be a lapras like he's always wanted to be.

imo i think justin does deserve 5th. during that mini tourney we had at my place, i could tell he was just messing around vs baron in gf lol. any placings after that is anyones game. i think me, baron and frank are all around the same lvl.

as of right now i dont have a problem with the 30th, id have to talk to the guys though. if the tourney does end up being on a sunday idk if javie would drive us bc he would most likely wanna stay home and watch footbal. its a good idea to throw ssf4 cause then it would interest steve to drive justin to the tourney too lol.

i feel the same way, glad to see you guys are interested in our future tourneys :)

exactly.

i guess if your going to refer to kingsville and alice just call us the "coastal bend". its what our region is called anyways. i think tourneys in the rgv on sundays are fine, but yes if they are going to be held on sundays please start them earlier. most of us in kingsville have work and school to worry about on mondays.

i actually didnt wanna do this mm at first. but after losing that 1st match in the set, i got mad cause i didnt wanna lose my 3rd place prize money and made myself focus haha.
Fine, screw you guys, new PR.

0. Fro's Bishon
0.5 Mikey
1. Shlike
2. Pax
3. Magik
4. Broly
5. Rei-Gun
6. Shank
7. JK
8. CG
9. Derk
10. Syoudous

/unbiased this time

Reizilla

Pfffffft!

1000 pffts.

But for real, I wanna MM everyone except for Magik, to show where I really belong.

thebokkie

Smash Cadet
Il gladly go to sunday tournies, but if there in the valley, id have to get a ride with kville, cus my mom wont let me go there for sure >.>

thebokkie

Smash Cadet
also, is Castro the best peach in Texas?
i dont see anyone thats peach on the rankings(but then again they stop posting their mains after b-Tier)

JustinKamikaze

Smash Ace
Oh yea I forgot I told you what to look out for sorry I was out of it and would have told you what else to do but good job <3 Peaches hit that panic downsmash once they usually land near your shield hahaha

thebokkie

Smash Cadet
after i 3stocked him, a mob of people came out of no where and started to cheer for him, and no one for me and i got discouraged v_v, but owell, least i know i can do it now

thebokkie

Smash Cadet
for sure, i get out of work at 4 mon and wed, and 3 thursdays and fridays at 2 or 3 depending if i take lunch, but you said no weekends though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom