• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RGV da BESS ~ WHGU 6 @ Kingsville = APR 23 !!!!

What day do you want our weekly UTB club gaming fests be?

• Monday

Votes: 11 8.3%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 17 12.9%
  • Thursday

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Friday

Votes: 14 10.6%
  • Saturday

Votes: 60 45.5%
  • Sunday

Votes: 12 9.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

andilex

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0232-8508-7675
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ME AND ADHD,

I just came like 10 buckets

Syoudous

Smash Cadet
I guess I'll make an attempt to liven the thread up.

Well...

What do you guys think? The venue is big, It can probably hold enough people that goto a Hobo. I've been planning this for quite awhile but the deal for the last venue I had dropped. Now here's a small minimal gift to you all I suppose...

Pros:
Personal Restroom
Personal Kitchen, Doubt will use this
Very spacious
Internet, For stream or other
Lots and lots of chairs and tables
Convenient location, Full details if you all approve of this tournament happening

Cons:
Carpet Flooring, You all MUST help me clean this once we finish
Not alot of parking spaces but this really isn't a problem or so it seems...
Strict area, About as strict as Rancho Viejo to put it into details. Don't be jerks.
Venue fee will be $8, No waives may be given... This may change but doubtful.

There will be:
Melee, Brawl, Brawl Doubles, Low Tiers (May be replaced with Smash 64 for the Wii since it's been released already), friendly stations (If you all provide enough TV's), and maybe a small side event if there is time.

Pre-Date is January 23rd, 2010. DATE IS NOT FINAL. You will need to help me make the best possible date.

Things that need to be discussed...

Date, Who or How many would attend (This goes down to possible venue fee waives and prices), Brawl/Melee/Low Tier pricings, a name for the tournament and maybe others I'm missing. Point it out if you know.

Nothing is confirmed yet until you all agree on a date and this happening.
Please help so I can book this ahead of time and post more details.

Can't think of anything else at the moment. I'll edit this if I think of anything.

Don Guero

Smash Journeyman
23 sounds great! but where is this?

the cleaning and strictness shouldnt be a problem.

also why arent you waiving venue fees? whos gonna bring a setup if they dont get anything out of it?

defsithe

Smash Ace
^^ sometimes the venue's fee are too high for someone to pay out of pocket easily.
especially if its not a tradition venue like comic book shop or game venue.

bringing setups helps things run faster and allows for freindlies, but really u can get a tourny done with one tv if u had to. whoever attended the crackhouse tourny is a witness to this.

if you can not totally waive the venue fee, maybe a discount for a FULL setup. (tv/wii/brawl or melee)

like i have said i dont no how many times, i spent the heyday of melee busing around 4-7 tvs and about 4-7 people to tournies throughout the valley. just so tournies would run smoothly. occasionally i would have waived venue fees or have the people i took pay my entry fee; but i still payed my part when steve would rent out echo hotel.

so if u wanna have this thing take forever, because it is BRAWL and that alone take forever, but its also melee and doubles and low tier and whatever else syodous said.

but if i can go to this (which i should) ill take cube/ melee + wii/brawl and one MAYBE two tvs depending how they fit in my small car.

Don Guero

Smash Journeyman
lol ok magik.

werent we supposed to have like 10 tvs at YOUR tourney and we ended up with 4?

ok mskyds here is the way i see it...
sure people can bro out and bring 7 setups but its still a pain to brig all that stuff.
and i dont think its too fair to rely on people to bring setups if they cant rely on some saved money

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Hey guys, been out of town in Tampico so it's hard to get on. Got here yesterday... LONG trip.

Just popping on to say hi. :)

<3 you all and miss you

Syoudous your thing sounds good, I'll definitely be going and supporting. Of course the venue fee is an issue because I can tell you how many people didn't go to Brawlfests out of even a 3 or 5 dollar venue fee.

Anyway, CT I lawled at your MK matchup joke LOL.

Guero getting some Shlike action too. :O

I have not played Brawl in so long. lol

Vorguen

Smash Champion
lies you pwned me on your birthday

i need practice too

we all need pratice D:

if this keeps up rgv will be low tier D:
lol okay so playing 1 match doesn't count haha

Considering I played every day and actually practiced.. yeah I haven't played. Supposedly on Saturday I'm meeting with the Tampico dudes to play for a good while, so that should even things up.

you know me so well:laugh:
fs8 is jan 9 btw

and ill ask again, are we all going in the same car or different cars?....

different cars per crew?
Haha Guero don't worry about these things, it doesn't matter and I always plan the trips well.

The only thing I sandbag are directions because I rely on Syoudous's pro access to directions... and because I know how to get to Houston (and San Antonio if that's where we're going) and I know I can just call who we are staying with for directions.

<3 Syds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom