• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RGV da BESS ~ WHGU 6 @ Kingsville = APR 23 !!!!

What day do you want our weekly UTB club gaming fests be?

• Monday

Votes: 11 8.3%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 17 12.9%
  • Thursday

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Friday

Votes: 14 10.6%
  • Saturday

Votes: 60 45.5%
  • Sunday

Votes: 12 9.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

defsithe

Smash Ace
i can take a set up to this, and who is going to FS8??
I WANNA GOOOOO.
ill go and drive, but not in my car. no powersteering. and it sometimes overheats. plus its small.

if someone offers to take me with ill help with gas of course and if we need a place to stay the night i can ask my uncle if he will be at his apt. if he is not we can crash there. if he is there we could probably still stay there but it depends on the number of people.

or we can drive half-ish way back to kingsville if we need sleep for driving.

my uncles apt is like 4 miles north of the place. according to google maps.

Magik0722

Smash Champion
I will not be paying for the majority of the gas money for FS8, Instead i will be saving that money for the next HOBO, I think you guys can handle the significantly less amount of money that is required to go to San Antonio.

derkapalooza

Smash Journeyman
I WANNA GOOOOO.
ill go and drive, but not in my car. no powersteering. and it sometimes overheats. plus its small.

if someone offers to take me with ill help with gas of course and if we need a place to stay the night i can ask my uncle if he will be at his apt. if he is not we can crash there. if he is there we could probably still stay there but it depends on the number of people.

or we can drive half-ish way back to kingsville if we need sleep for driving.

my uncles apt is like 4 miles north of the place. according to google maps.
im hoping that javi wants to go and is willing to take his car, its really good on gas.

otherwise we (kingsville) are screwed lol

Syoudous

Smash Cadet
23 sounds great! but where is this?

the cleaning and strictness shouldnt be a problem.

also why arent you waiving venue fees? whos gonna bring a setup if they dont get anything out of it?
Los Fresnos, TX. In between almost everything. (From the Mall to South Padre Island) Pretty much a drive for Shlike and anyone else in or near Brownsville. Weslaco shouldn't have a problem getting there either and may save time/gas too.

If you're wondering about food, There is a Subway and a Stars at a walking distance. There's also a few local restaurants and Dairy Queen down the road. A Family Dollar store is also near in case you want smaller stuff like chips, drinks, you get the idea.

^^ sometimes the venue's fee are too high for someone to pay out of pocket easily.
especially if its not a tradition venue like comic book shop or game venue.
The whole payout for the venue isn't bad. But after doing the math and the turnouts we get $8 should cover everything. Originally I was going to have it at $10 but this shouldn't happen as long as there's over 20 people.

defsithe said:
bringing setups helps things run faster and allows for freindlies, but really u can get a tourny done with one tv if u had to. whoever attended the crackhouse tourny is a witness to this.

if you can not totally waive the venue fee, maybe a discount for a FULL setup. (tv/wii/brawl or melee)

like i have said i dont no how many times, i spent the heyday of melee busing around 4-7 tvs and about 4-7 people to tournies throughout the valley. just so tournies would run smoothly. occasionally i would have waived venue fees or have the people i took pay my entry fee; but i still payed my part when steve would rent out echo hotel.

so if u wanna have this thing take forever, because it is BRAWL and that alone take forever, but its also melee and doubles and low tier and whatever else syodous said.
The reason why I ask for setups is Brawl will take awhile... Brawl Doubles shouldn't take no more than an hour and 30 minutes. But Brawl singles will take the most time. Regardless it will be in discussion later and I'll sort things out in the end.

As for the whole venue not being waived issue... I'll think of something in return. I can't promise anything big but I'll think of something for the attendance.

I think i know someone who can bring about 7 setups

Heres a hint: Its me
Thanks for the support. As said above, I'll think of something in return for your help.

lol ok magik.

werent we supposed to have like 10 tvs at YOUR tourney and we ended up with 4?

ok mskyds here is the way i see it...
sure people can bro out and bring 7 setups but its still a pain to brig all that stuff.
and i dont think its too fair to rely on people to bring setups if they cant rely on some saved money
He pretty much ran the whole entire tournament very well. If he didn't bother to take any TV's we would've ended up with like 3.

...And as said before I'll think of something in return. I don't really recall you saying anything when you had to pay a $7 fee at the Hobo you went to. Regardless, I'll do something in return.

i can take a set up to this, and who is going to FS8??
I assume you mean bringing a setup to my tournament, so thanks for the support.

Also I would like to goto FS8 but I'm unsure of who is doing the driving and everything. Everything seems so scattered.

Syoudous your thing sounds good, I'll definitely be going and supporting. Of course the venue fee is an issue because I can tell you how many people didn't go to Brawlfests out of even a 3 or 5 dollar venue fee.
Really though it isn't much of an issue. $5 is fine and should be standard unless otherwise which is the case right now. With the lack of participating people it'll have to be $8. For now $8 stays. $5 will be for Singles though to save a little extra money.

For everyone else, discuss, tell me something you don't like as well and I'll try to adjust things accordingly. If we can guarentee a turnout of over 35 people the venue fee may go down.

From the looks of things I will be making a thread soon once I'm able to seal the deal since everyone seems okay about it but I still want feedback on the date. More specifically from people like Broly, Vash, Shank & The rest of Weslaco and really... everyone that attends our local tournaments or has attended at one point and would like to go again. This tourney looks promising and I hope it will be fun for everyone.

andilex

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0232-8508-7675
Oh, lol did not think to look. You know some time we need to get some wifi going on and decide who controls the best ape/monkey in the RGV.
ni ggah u this christmas is getting crazy!!!!

we goona spread monkey aids to our hearts content

Suspect

Smash Hero
yea i was becoming a fan of magik until snakee went peach on him and 2stocked him and then magik got 3stocked by espy :/

you almost had a fan magik...almost

Chaosgriffin

Smash Ace
yea i was becoming a fan of magik until snakee went peach on him and 2stocked him and then magik got 3stocked by espy :/

you almost had a fan magik...almost
Haha, when I finished reading this I looked at your profile pic afterwards, it made me lol cause your pic of pain looks depressed and it fit what you were saying so well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom