• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RGV da BESS ~ WHGU 6 @ Kingsville = APR 23 !!!!

What day do you want our weekly UTB club gaming fests be?

• Monday

Votes: 11 8.3%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 17 12.9%
  • Thursday

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Friday

Votes: 14 10.6%
  • Saturday

Votes: 60 45.5%
  • Sunday

Votes: 12 9.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magik0722

Smash Champion
Ok so I will be brining 4 TVs to the tournament, andilex will be brining 1, and fro will be brining another one, which ill be buying at the tournament

I have 1 wii, danny can maybe bring 2, so we need more wiis to be brought

so if anyone can, please bring them.

I was wondering what order of events i should do for saturday. I was thinking, low tiers > low tier doubles > Doubles > Singles

i expect maybe 7 setups so i really need wiis here. Ill also probably have 1 setup for friendlies if anyone feels like practicing.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Vorgy has joke "seasons"
o.O

To be fair... me and Vickey heard Cloud say this once, we thought it was lol and we said it a couple of times for lulz.

INORITE stuck when we asked CAST to say it for lol and he said it so ******** and Maurycurls literally laughed his *** off for forever. So from then on we made it our mission to make J spam "INORITE".

Oh and Cloud, too bad. :p

m2ks going? rofl
Actually he was, last minute he decided not to though. I believe this tourney will be having two East coasters come though, Snakeee (best ZSS) and ADHD (best Diddy).

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Ok so I will be brining 4 TVs to the tournament, andilex will be brining 1, and fro will be brining another one, which ill be buying at the tournament

I was wondering what order of events i should do for saturday. I was thinking, low tiers > low tier doubles > Doubles > Singles

i expect maybe 7 setups so i really need wiis here. Ill also probably have 1 setup for friendlies if anyone feels like practicing.
Hmm, why don't you run one low tier event after singles? With that many events singles may go way too long and people won't want to enter anymore.

For Wii's I will be taking as many as I can. To help speed this up I might even try to bring an extra TV.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
I know... FINALLY!

Looks like our events are finally going to be running smooth. Magik I haven't gotten a chance to talk to you but I have been planning to throw a state-wide tournament in Brownsville and bringing all of Texas.

I think there would be several things that would attract them to coming.

1- I would look at all upcoming tournaments and make the date as perfectly separate from big tournies as possible

2- Going to be offering a 100$ pot bonus

3- Going to be bringing the best players of Mexico

4- Going to have a perfect venue

so hopefully they all do come... and we'll definitely need a BUNCH of set ups for that. I'm looking for small TV's myself.

Magik0722

Smash Champion
I have 4 right now, soon to be 6. 100$ pot bonus is dumb, unless you have a sponsor or are paying out of your own pocket, i think i told you why before.

Syoudous

Smash Cadet

I'll be bringing a TV/Wii as well. As for the tournament lineup, Why not include Melee? Otherwise Doubles, Singles, Low tier whatever if we have time. Everything should start at 11am for setups, friendlies and begin at 1pm or by 2pm. We should use every TV to speed things up if you want low tiers to happen.

TV List,

Myself - 1
Pax - 1
Vorguen - 1
Magik - 4
Andilex - 1
Fro - 1

Wii List,

Myself - 1
Pax - 1
Vorguen - 1
Magik - 2
Andilex - 1
Guero - 1 (?)
Broly - 1 (?)

9 TV's & 8 Wii's. Those marked are questionable but occasionally do bring Wii's.

1- I would look at all upcoming tournaments and make the date as perfectly separate from big tournies as possible

so hopefully they all do come... and we'll definitely need a BUNCH of set ups for that. I'm looking for small TV's myself.
1. Unless the dates get jacked either way (Example; Hobo 20 & Another tournament w/ BATB3)

2. I wouldn't suggest it.

3. Okay.

4. Sure.

5. I can get you a TV as small as the TV I bring.

Cloud, are you going or not to Hobo 21? I do want to do teams with you but I need to know if you're going. Otherwise I can look for another partner ahead of time.

Fro, do you still want to team up this Saturday still?

derkapalooza

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I'm putting the 100 dollars. Shank was even offering to add another 100 dollars himself, but I told him not to for now.

Why do you think it's dumb?
i think the question is... would that $100 pot bonus be enough to bring them down to your tourney?

san antonio, houston and dallas are already within 3 hrs of travel between them so its easier for them to support each others tourneys. if we want them to come to brownsville its gonna be over a 8 or 9 hr drive for houston and dallas. would they really be willing to come this far?

Magik0722

Smash Champion
of course all the tournaments will be run at the same time, thats just the priority of events

and melee? that never happens no players will show up for it

Syoudous

Smash Cadet
Oops, well you understand what I mean. As for Melee, it should be at least worth noting. It's up to you. But more than likely won't happen this time around (Low Turnout).

banehollow3789

Smash Rookie
sure we can team if u want syoudous but only cause it will be funny more then anything, i dont plan on doing amazing but i think we'll laugh enough to make up for it :laugh:

defsithe

Smash Ace
i think the question is... would that $100 pot bonus be enough to bring them down to your tourney?

san antonio, houston and dallas are already within 3 hrs of travel between them so its easier for them to support each others tourneys. if we want them to come to brownsville its gonna be over a 8 or 9 hr drive for houston and dallas. would they really be willing to come this far?
this.

the only way to get more than just a few out of valley players is $$$$$$.

to do this u either offer a pot bonus or increase tourny fees.
if that is done u slim down the chance of random scrubs showing up.

so its like a double edged sword.

Don Guero

Smash Journeyman

I can take a set up
i guess that makes 10

Don Guero

Smash Journeyman
I know... FINALLY!

Looks like our events are finally going to be running smooth. Magik I haven't gotten a chance to talk to you but I have been planning to throw a state-wide tournament in Brownsville and bringing all of Texas.

BIG TOURNAMENT!

alright time for The Don´s thoughts on this: DO IT!

but derk does have a point about dallas and houston and what not so i think that if we all pich in 5$ to add to the pot bonus we might tempt more people to come.

theres like 30 people in the crew
30(5)
so all together thats like 250$$$$$$$$$$$$$ HOLY ****E!

derkapalooza

Smash Journeyman
this.

the only way to get more than just a few out of valley players is $$$$$$.

to do this u either offer a pot bonus or increase tourny fees.
if that is done u slim down the chance of random scrubs showing up.

so its like a double edged sword.
yep. for this to work out well we would prolly have to offer up more than a $100 pot bonus and get our attendace as high as possible to get there attention lol

it sucks but thats what i think.... :ohwell:

i'm not going to put $5 just to have dojo come down and take it all away. =P
ditto. my tourney fee should be enough :laugh:

Don Guero

Smash Journeyman
i'm not going to put $5 just to have dojo come down and take it all away. =P
well we have to think of something
that will get people to come down here.

If we can make a good tournament, then people wont mind coming down here to play again.

if the Bigger pot bonus idea wont work then my next suggestion would be a higher entry fee.

it is less appealing but it is a state-wide tourney after all

C 2the loud

Smash Cadet
Then the tourneys upstate wouldnt be as fun anymore.
The whole fun part traveling upstate for myself is getting to see everyone again.
We have our tournys, and they have theirs.

Then hobo is where we all join together to make one big super duper blast tournament that is fun for everyone.

I got a revolutionary flow in every scenario coming through the stereo

defsithe

Smash Ace
to lure upstaters here u have to be able to guarantee $$. to keep them coming back u need to guarantee them lots of people+lots of competition and still $$.

VC threw 2 of the 3 largest smash tournys in the valley ever. the only upstaters that ever came more than once was crystal city. BATB2 got stiltz to come back and that is a start, but if you really want to be able to get more upstaters we need more locals.

and i dont mean crew members cuz yall have done a very good job of forming a crew and actually playing together constantly and stuff, but you need more local scrubs to fill up the bracket, before you can start planning big.

what you should really want to do is setup a annual/bi-annual tourny that is designed just to do that.
use yalls monthlies like brawlfest, scrubfest, whatever yall call them now, to recruit more scrubby locals.

this is what we did through our monthlies

the more seasonal tournies (TSCUs and what not) to create competition amongst scrubs to show that the are improving. the numbers here will create interest in future events.
the rgv gaming tournies helped with this

and if they really wanna prove themselves they will show up to the big boy tournies.
where you thoroughly **** them and take their money rinse wash and repeat.

the SMBUs

EDIT: also coming soon.... Spring Break Melee 09: Winter Edition

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
fuuck you andilex with your big picture screwing up my whole page and making me scroll sideways all the time when i don't want to >:[

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
does guero remind anyone else of ash ketchum?

and broly can be gary

magik gets to be brock cause he has the hair

and vorgy can be misty because he has the boobs

shlike is like lance, just because he has a whip

shank gets to be mewtwo because he always has a change of heart every other day

murder can be entei because he acts all ****** and stuff, but inside, he's just a really big softy

andilex can be... um.... he.. can... be..... pikachu! because his diddy is annoying as hell.

i wanna be lapras

and vorgy, i'm hurt. you didn't even say bye to me last wednesday. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom