• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RGV da BESS ~ WHGU 6 @ Kingsville = APR 23 !!!!

What day do you want our weekly UTB club gaming fests be?

• Monday

Votes: 11 8.3%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 17 12.9%
  • Thursday

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Friday

Votes: 14 10.6%
  • Saturday

Votes: 60 45.5%
  • Sunday

Votes: 12 9.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
we have a game at noon, but i should be in the valley by 6:30

My Zombie Dog Ate Me, one day, I was bored on paint and I found a picture of my dog and turned him into a zombie that ate my leg. I thought it was pretty cool, so I used this name for all of my accounts for a while.

Rei-gun, yuuuuuuuuuuusuke!

Syoudous

Smash Cadet
I've given up on trying to get these replay sets to work, I don't know why it's messed up but all the replays on my Wii except for Shlike's matches are completely messed up. It's stupid. I tried with and without some of the stuff I had on and it's all completely broken. Yet, when I tried to save a replay of me versusing a CPU it completely worked fine at the time...

Shlike's matches...

Bombchu vs Shlike 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2P4gP8H6SA

Bombchu vs Shlike 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jha0Zk46h4U

derkapalooza

Smash Journeyman
I've given up on trying to get these replay sets to work, I don't know why it's messed up but all the replays on my Wii except for Shlike's matches are completely messed up. It's stupid. I tried with and without some of the stuff I had on and it's all completely broken. Yet, when I tried to save a replay of me versusing a CPU it completely worked fine at the time...

Shlike's matches...

Bombchu vs Shlike 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2P4gP8H6SA

Bombchu vs Shlike 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jha0Zk46h4U
lol poor danny and his pit. he needs to pick a for sure main already

Vorguen

Smash Champion
so andilex gave me a koo idea, dont think we have done it yet but well how about we say how we all got our gamer tags, ill go first, well mine is Pax as u all know, but the story of how i got it came from well Paco which i originally started with and then it was Pacs cuz of pacsun but then i ended up changing it to pax since it looked cooler lol, sounded like Pacs, and I also found out it meant peace which was pretty koo so yup
Andilex's came from Kingdom Hearts, which is a system here you revert the order of the letters of your name and put an x somewhere.

like Ansem was Xemnas, Sora was Roxas.

Daniel became Andilex

Where I got Vorguen:

When I was 16 I wrote a medieval fantasy novel (lol true story). I never completed it but I wrote like 20% of it. I was originally very skeptical on what to name the main character (started with Aliistir, then it was too complicated, switched it to Balthor, then made another character (Baldric) made his name Balthor and made the main character Arudor... etc etc)...

But the ONE character's name from my book that I LOVED was the villain's name "Vorguen".. I started using him as my name in my games and accounts like World of Warcraft.

From using it there, the nickname started to catch on... and I inevitably adopted it as my gamertag (because my original gamertag was Gonzalot87, my e-mail from when I was in 6th grade until about 16 yrs old).

So it's just been Vorguen since and for the longest time Vorsan was my brother's gamertag, which was the main villain of my book's father. Smoke ninja'd that name for a while too, just like Vickey ninja'd like 30 of mine (Viceran, Vexan, Vorsan, etc) since his were SO fail when he was little (Serrandic) LOL.

So now here is Vickey's story, from using names of my characters in my novel, he moved on to finally making his own... "Vickey". He started calling himself that in MMO's in order to pass off as a girl and to be able to get "easy stuff" from high level males desperate / gullible for female attention.

It sort of just stuck and he stayed as Vickey.

Will do, but don't you live in Brownsville? >.<
Yeah I do, but we have events all over the RGV.

That is awful
I know Magik's story!

His brother's tag in (some game?) was Wizard, and so Magik made an acronym that also went along the lines with his broter's name.

Man As Gaming is Known

MAGIK

Don Guero

Smash Journeyman
syoudous, dont you think its kinda mean to put a complete obliteration match on the internet?

and bombchu, you have to be gayer with pit, MORE ARROWS!

derk, tell bombchu i said so.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
An addition to my story:

The reason I changed my main character's name Aliistir was because it was too hard to pronounce, people would pronounce it so random and it just got annoying to me. Then it was Balthor (which I loved, and was actually the name of one of my WoW alts, and that gamertag also stuck for a bit but I liked Vorguen better)

I switched the main characters name to Arudor because the two other characters names were Baldric and Galeric and that was too much ric..

However I wasn't comfortable with Arudor either because it sounded too much like "Aragorn" from Lord of the Rings.

Also I got Vorgy from Sudai, literally. Ironically I had been called Vorgy in the past by past gamer friends, but I had forgotten about it.

When trying to find out what to put as my 5 letter tag during playing Becaus Vorguen was too long... I was getting frustrated..

I was like WTF everything I abbreviate Vorguen to sounds like VAGINA!

VRG = VRGINA

VG = VGINA

VGN = VGINA

VRGN = VORGINA

VORG = F'ing nasty sounding

So I was like aklsdjfaskl;jdfajf what do I do and I asked around and Sudai said "make it Vorgy, for lulz"

It reminded me of how I was always called Vorgy, and I loved it. And it also stuck.

derkapalooza

Smash Journeyman
syoudous, dont you think its kinda mean to put a complete obliteration match on the internet?

and bombchu, you have to be gayer with pit, MORE ARROWS!

derk, tell bombchu i said so.
the second match wasnt complete **** lol i think he was just nervous.idk what happens w/ danny during tourney matches lol. he does good in friendlies. i think the reason he doesnt use enough arrows is my fault cause we always practice together and well i use g&w.

Magik0722

Smash Champion
I will be putting tapes into most of my televisons at this tournament and set them to record to make sure we dont miss a match.

any money i win in this tournamnet im putting towards getting a dazzle

Veta

Smash Rookie
I used to roleplay, that is, associative write with other people on a forum, in both wolves setting and medival fantasy setting when I was like 7 or 8. I kept this up, and while thinking up a name for my main character I would describe in my profile, out of nowhere came the name Veta. It've just struck with me all those years.

Also, I could pass off as a girl or a guy with this name. Woot.

Syoudous

Smash Cadet
I will be putting tapes into most of my televisons at this tournament and set them to record to make sure we dont miss a match.

any money i win in this tournamnet im putting towards getting a dazzle
I can support a VCR but I have no tapes, so if you can support that it would be great. This next tournament I'm going to have my TV/Wii/Anything else where we occasionally have Shlike's TV so I can record it with my laptop and all. We'll see how it goes.

Chaosgriffin

Smash Ace
Hmmm....lets see. I got my gaming tag back when I was playing runescape, i was trying to think of a name for myself. While I was thinking my mom told me to get something from my closet, I went to my closet and had to dig around to find what I was looking for, I came across one of my old shirts that had a Griffin and a Sphinx fighting. I like griffins better, and when I looked at the tag of the shirt is said something about mythological creatures of chaos. So Chaosgriffin, recently I had been thinking of changing my tag in brawl from chaos, since it is kinda common, and vorgy also told me to change it so I decided to somehow put my whole tag in there, and now I am
"cgrif" also it sounds kinda cool.

defsithe

Smash Ace
though it rarely use it in tournies/anything IRL....
defsithe= my ******** pronunciation of death scythe from gundam wing. also its been my sn/email/tag for everything since aslong as i had AOL(dial up FTW). most people think it has something to do with star wars, cuz sith is in there. but nope.

Edit: i added the 2 to my sn cuz i couldnt remember my old password.

anyways im gonna win magiks tourny and with that money buy the justice league complete series.

Cast.

Smash Rookie
I will explain how i got both my rl nick name and gamertag.lol.

My first name is Javier (just incase you all dont know)

It all started in 5th grade my teacher was Mrs. Guggina and she couldnt pronounce my rl name. lol

So she started calling me Jay-Vyer. Eventually some guy in my class name Juan Antonio (who if anyone knows him, like herby knows that if that guy made a nick name it would always stick) Juan Antonio started calling me Jay for short. It eventually just became the letter J because i thought it looked better.

Ok so now how i got Cast. I got cast because of Vorguen. He told me i really needed a gamertag because just J was kinda lame. So one day he just calls me up and hes like "Whats up Cast" and i was like Cast? WTF. So he then explains to me that it was my last name just cut down short (my last name is Castaneda) so i eventually caught on and thought it was legit so i kept it.

And thats my story bros.lol See you all at shlike's get-together on Thursday.

derkapalooza

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm....lets see. I got my gaming tag back when I was playing runescape, i was trying to think of a name for myself. While I was thinking my mom told me to get something from my closet, I went to my closet and had to dig around to find what I was looking for, I came across one of my old shirts that had a Griffin and a Sphinx fighting. I like griffins better, and when I looked at the tag of the shirt is said something about mythological creatures of chaos. So Chaosgriffin, recently I had been thinking of changing my tag in brawl from chaos, since it is kinda common, and vorgy also told me to change it so I decided to somehow put my whole tag in there, and now I am
"cgrif" also it sounds kinda cool.
you should just use your own name for your tag. baron sounds pretty cool.

Messatsu!

Smash Journeyman
lol no i am joking

a friend of mine and i were always making up stupid things in class about our teach and one time we figured she would be a 'mexican shanker' because she hated *****. this wasn't true at all but when i got xbl i made 'mexicanshank' later changed it to 'thc shank' but ultimately becamse more known as 'gwavy' and the only reason i chose shank was becasue 'gravy' was taken and i didnt want to look like i was nut riding bwett since we were from the same region at the time.

Messatsu!

Smash Journeyman
lol no i am joking

a friend of mine and i were always making up stupid things in class about our teach and one time we figured she would be a 'mexican shanker' because she hated *****. this wasn't true at all but when i got xbl i made 'mexicanshank' later changed it to 'thc shank' but ultimately becamse more known as 'gwavy' and the only reason i chose shank was becasue 'gravy' was taken and i didnt want to look like i was nut riding bwett since we were from the same region at the time.
cool story bro

Vorguen

Smash Champion
I know Shlike's story, it's similiar to mine, except no book. He made up Shlike and started using it as his online name in MMO's and other video games. Again, it sort of stuck. It's 100% original.

I guess he decided to use it after a succession of bad online names like "Punkrawker87" "SexyHerby212" "Herbus313" "ArcherX" "Slasher Herby" "Gaeus Trypt" "Raddle"

and last but not least

"Shlike"

Vorguen

Smash Champion
MK's Hitboxes...

omfg ********... watch this if you want to understand Meta Knight a little better. You will **** bricks with Shuttle loop and Glide attack. Snake's are pretty ******** too, find those in a bit.

Baron that sounds Nazi. D:

shlike

Smash Ace
I know Shlike's story, it's similiar to mine, except no book. He made up Shlike and started using it as his online name in MMO's and other video games. Again, it sort of stuck. It's 100% original.

I guess he decided to use it after a succession of bad online names like "Punkrawker87" "SexyHerby212" "Herbus313" "ArcherX" "Slasher Herby" "Gaeus Trypt" "Raddle"

and last but not least

"Shlike"
let's not forget Billy Armado / Broseph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom