• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Revival of Wisconsin 11/13/10 Appleton/Kimberly, WI

Kurari

Smash Rookie
Im coming, bringing a setup- and toyc sure lets play. 10$ mm.

Also- DOES ANYONE PLAY STARCRAFT? i will 1v1 or 1v2 MM bring your laptop or computers, because i will have mine.

and before you ask no- sc2 is trash, i don't play it. I play the good ol broodwar.

im looking at you waffles- i hear that you play starcraft?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
lol @ sc2 hate

its one thing to hate brawl because it sucks, but theres absolutely no reason to hate sc2

Sync99

Smash Journeyman
you're not getting top 3 even if they dont come!!

Everyone except for kels and tink will lose to sanchaz

just sayin.

Okay so my car is looking like Me, Webster, Madwak, Sync, and Genkaku??
if only we had a couple more people from milwaukee interested. That way I could take one car adn sync could take another.
Yeah I can always drive. But I don't want to go alone due to boredom/waste of gas issues. Remember tho that I'm bringing a setup, so don't take me if you don't have room for mine!

If Sandbagchaz gets 3rd I better get 4th cuz he and I were going EVEN before he left!!

by spammy are you talking dsmashy or turnipy? because have you played my peach?
I really don't use much of either...but I meant dsmash lol.

Kurari

Smash Rookie
sc2 has MBS, automine, infinate unite selection, boring units that have no synergy- and the game is horribly balanced. SCBW has been the longest running esports game ever, and has an ever changing metagame after 11 years. That game is gold, and there is immense skill gaps between pros and the average jo. SC2 is a joke of a game, with an easily attainable skill ceiling, and that game will be dead in 3 years. When the koreans get their hands on it, they will easily skill cap the game- because it is a joke, and is made for casuals.

Just like SSBB SC2 is the same thing. comparing sc2 to SCBW is like saying brawl takes more skill than melee.

Kurari

Smash Rookie
also let me guess- played BW as a kid, never played competative- and now your playing sc2? that has to be it, becuase if you played BW on the icup ladder- you would not be saying that.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
i worked for iccup thanks very much :)

i was a league level wc3 player before i quit, but yes, i never played bw seriously.

cause automine and unit selection have anything to do with depth? its just like lcanceling in melee, it actually serves no purpose in terms of depth. all it does is create additional technical barriers. That means that the top players can spend less time doing that redundant stuff and more time microing things that matter. I watched SlayerSBoxeR vs NaDa, both of them had around 400-500 APM.

as far as "boring units with no synergy" you are just making biased remarks with what seems like no experience in the game.

"SC2 is a joke of a game, with an easily attainable skill ceiling, and that game will be dead in 3 years." the same thing was said about melee, if anyone even gave it credit enough to consider it a competitive game.

IDK dude, sounds like you havent even given the game a chance, but you love BW a lot and you think its the best possible ever (or something like that). I love BW too, I watch neveke's videos all the time (he uploads the KeSPA clan matches on youtube). SC2 is a great game, too.

edit-----------------------

I really see 2 arguments for game series'. One is usually crying that specific features aren't in the new game while the other actually talks about the depth of the game. Melee vs Brawl was like this for a LOOONG time, where melee players were like "omg no wavedashing no lcanceling the game must SUUUUCK". But then melee players actually used real arguments like "the game is really imbalanced because the top characters have either superior chaingrabs or superior camping tools, and there is no possible way to combo that would allow lower tier characters to compete like they would in melee". Your argument seems like the former, and as far as i've seen there is no argument of the latter relating to sc2

Kurari

Smash Rookie
nice and icup woker, its a pleasure to meet you and thanks for your hard work, i love icup <3

but sc2 is just a dumbed down version of broodwar. Zerg is a boring race with- mass roach, and terran had some interesting opening options that were really imba, and protoss lost the rever, and now has some smartcasting crap for the worthless templars. screw it. sentries are ok i guess. but here is a link as to why sc2 sucks, i really don't want to argue or anything becuase it's a known fact that scbw >sc2. and btw- you don't play bw hardcore, you don't watch OSL, MSL, or proleague- you will not understand.

Also boxer and nada do not have 500-400apm lol that is not possible. the dong and child labor terran don't even match that, and they are the best two bw players the game has ever seen.

Im sorry but when i am talking about mechanics of the game, it goes so much farther than your melee / brawl comparison. You can't understand becuase you have not played bw. No offense but wc3 is a shadow of an RTS compared to BW.

I guess thats really all i have to say about this, so lets agree to disagree ok? Come watch me play some BW at the turny, and i will show you why BW is > Sc2 bring a setup and lets play :) ON LAN LOL not bnet fail.02

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Kurari, you dont quite understand me i guess. Talking down and making ambiguous comments for an argument is great.

And yes Jaedong and Flash are great players. For their time.

but anyways, this convo is over :/

Melee hype? I'm taking MMs with my Fox, Marth and Puff

Mundungu

Smash Lord
is anyone got housing going? my car would like to get there friday night time 0_o? if not, we will man it up and do that drive in the AM. lmk

so far its me, kels, vro, and rat i believeee....we have room for 1 more....lmk.
I can house peeps this weekend, but I'm about two hours away from the venue. At least it would be half way for you if you're interested.

And LOL at obvious control and UI improvements making SC2 a bad game. Technically BW was a pretty easy game since you had a graphical interface and didn't have to type a "gather resources" command into dos everytime you wanted 5 minerals.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
As Jiggs? 5 or 10?
ROFL!!!! There is no effin way that you think a jigglypuff player can beat me, I would like to take your money as well lonejedi, There is no way I will ever lose to a jigglypuff, ever! I want your 5 dollars, keep your other 5 and be glad you didn't waste that.

BTW: ORO I assume that I'm going to team with you? If so, we're going to beat cosmo and get top 3.

ORLY

Smash Master
All you kids with your StarCraft bickering. Command and Conquer fo' lyfe.

PRISM TAAAAAAAAAAANKS

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
ROFL!!!! There is no effin way that you think a jigglypuff player can beat me, I would like to take your money as well lonejedi, There is no way I will ever lose to a jigglypuff, ever! I want your 5 dollars, keep your other 5 and be glad you didn't waste that.

BTW: ORO I assume that I'm going to team with you? If so, we're going to beat cosmo and get top 3.
Sanchaz.... learn to read. I'm accepting Money Matches vs JIGGS, not as Jiggs.

Lol, inb4 Sanchaz chokes at this tourney.

Vinodh

Smash Apprentice
Sanchez I would strongly advise you to not get cocky until you have tournament results to back you up.

Anybody who thinks he/she is going to get top 3 is WRONG unless his/her name is Cosmo Tink or Kels...again...

Also I may just go all falco this tournament for kicks and giggles we'll see...

Also accepting all jigglypuff ditto mm cuz I think those are fun and nobody (other than chexr) ever wants to do them in tournaments or friendlies lol

ORLY

Smash Master
Oh man vino's gonna be at this? I haven't seen you in forever! DAT PUFF SON

Also my favorite version was Red Alert 2. Everything before EA was top notch.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
cosmo and tink have both proven capable of losing to some people vinodh

kels is still pretty likely to be first place though

TOYC

Smash Cadet
Spikes... How bout this "Twig" sneaks into your house one night and ****s the living daylights out of your family and then EATS THEM!?!?!?!?!? Also everyone take MM against Caleb... This may be your once in a lifetime shot to take all of a poor kids money and watch him cry

PItilliDIE

Smash Rookie
Hey Bros!!! My name is Billy. I go to UW-Milwaukee and play alot of smash with my bros at the Pi house. I think I've gotten pretty good and I just found out that this website exists where you guys like are totally into this game! I actually know some dudes who live up in the Kimberly area and figure that it'd be pretty sweet to go to this tournament thing and test my skills out. I'm going up there anyway this weekend to hit up this sick party my bro is having. If you guys could give me any information about this I'd be stoked! Also, you all should hit up the gnarly rager afterward with me. Lookin forward to meetin you dudes!

ORLY

Smash Master
Re: new guy: sure! Come on out and play some games with us. It's always nice to have new faces around. Any information you should need will be on the first post of this thread.

Also be mindful that this will be Smash Bros. Melee only!

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
Hey Bros!!! My name is Billy. I go to UW-Milwaukee and play alot of smash with my bros at the Pi house. I think I've gotten pretty good and I just found out that this website exists where you guys like are totally into this game! I actually know some dudes who live up in the Kimberly area and figure that it'd be pretty sweet to go to this tournament thing and test my skills out. I'm going up there anyway this weekend to hit up this sick party my bro is having. If you guys could give me any information about this I'd be stoked! Also, you all should hit up the gnarly rager afterward with me. Lookin forward to meetin you dudes!
"gnarly rager" i love this guy already lol. (dead serious). all the info you need should be in the first post, any other questions post up or shoot a pm to me or lonejedi. cya there billy!

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Sanchaz where did you get the magical idea that we are teaming? I mean I would normally down, but my heart is set with that Sveet scrub so I can carry him to the money. If he has to john out tho, I would be down.

PItilliDIE

Smash Rookie
No Brawl huh? That's cool! I like kickin it old school way better! Thanks fellas! I'm pretty sure i'll be there! Also, I was reading about this eating contest, and I think it would be cooler if we had like a Natty-Ice chugging contest or something like that. Just a thought. By the way, this TOYC guy seems like a real douche bag.

Sync99

Smash Journeyman
So last night I impaled my left thumb on a soup can. Unless it's healed by Saturday morning, I'm going all dsmash Peach in this tourney. The unusable thumb brings my skill level down to about Zack152 level =(

TOYC

Smash Cadet
Who the **** do you think you are Billy? You can't just waltz in here and say whatever you want about whoever you want! I've paid my dues! If you wanna mess with the big dog... YOU'RE GONNA GET BIT!!!

PItilliDIE

Smash Rookie
Who the **** do you think you are Billy? You can't just waltz in here and say whatever you want about whoever you want! I've paid my dues! If you wanna mess with the big dog... YOU'RE GONNA GET BIT!!!
Dude... Just chill out bro! Why dont you come to this tournament and we can just knock back a few cold ones and mellow out to some DMB or something? Nobody here understands why you're angry! Just chill dude! Its all gonna be chill

TOYC

Smash Cadet
Dude... Just chill out bro! Why dont you come to this tournament and we can just knock back a few cold ones and mellow out to some DMB or something? Nobody here understands why you're angry! Just chill dude! Its all gonna be chill
Listen Bro. I can tell that you really aren't like all the other people here. Take it from me, these guys are ***** *****es that just wanna take advantage of new people. Stick with me kid. By the way, I assume that PiTillIDie refers to your fraternity. Any chance its Pi Kappa Phi? I would assume it is because that is the only frat with Pi in it at UWM

TOYC

Smash Cadet
Cuz I'm part of the Xi chapter at MU.... NSETUA! If you're lookin for a bro in this forum, you found him...

PItilliDIE

Smash Rookie
NO WAY DUDE!!!! "Nothing Shall Ever Tear Us Asunder"!!! ****in rad dude! I thought you were a d-bag but you gotta be chill as all hell if your from Xi! Some dudes from the Sigma house are gonna be at the rage-fest i mentioned! We gotta kick it dude! I assume you weren't lying about these dudes hatin on newcomers! Lets both show up and kick their *****!

Top Bottom