• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Revival of Wisconsin 11/13/10 Appleton/Kimberly, WI

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Whatever we do for crews, there is no way we are having 4, let alone 3 peaches on our crew. John, Quaz, Exarch, and Zicore is 4 peaches, do a peach pool or something.
I'll join the peach crew and we can have a crew of 5 peaches for WI.

Sounds Peachy to me.

edit: BTW I'm going to this for sure.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
imo we should run this tight and have crews inbetween teams and singles.

also i liked HDR's 5th pool concept but thought it was poorly implemented, but it inspired me to come up with this idea:
assume 50 people show up
have 6 pools of 7 and a pool of 8 for 7 pools total, top 4 get out
7 5th seeds all go into a pool where its BEST OF 1 and top 4 get out
the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th seed with the best record across pools 1-7 get bumped up a seed (ties broken by coin toss or something) (so theres 8 1's, 7 2's, 7 3's, and 6 4's)
everyone in 5th pool gets bumped down a seed (so its 2, 3, 4, 4)
seed 32 man bracket normally

its fair and makes everyone try in pools, even the people who expect to get out, and 5th pool being best of 1 only takes a little extra time. only thing is its sorta complicated? idk

john!

Smash Hero
the best part is that it makes people try more in pools. sometimes people will be guaranteed 2nd seed or something and just drop a match/set against some scrub in their pool because they felt like messing around, which could screw the 4th seed into not making it out.

and if that happens anyway, then the 5th seed still had a chance :bee: hooray for second chances

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
spikes that sounds cool so long as youre willing to do all that calculation

i wouldnt be

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
imo we should run this tight and have crews inbetween teams and singles.

also i liked HDR's 5th pool concept but thought it was poorly implemented, but it inspired me to come up with this idea:
assume 50 people show up
have 6 pools of 7 and a pool of 8 for 7 pools total, top 4 get out
7 5th seeds all go into a pool where its BEST OF 1 and top 4 get out
the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th seed with the best record across pools 1-7 get bumped up a seed (ties broken by coin toss or something) (so theres 8 1's, 7 2's, 7 3's, and 6 4's)
everyone in 5th pool gets bumped down a seed (so its 2, 3, 4, 4)
seed 32 man bracket normally

its fair and makes everyone try in pools, even the people who expect to get out, and 5th pool being best of 1 only takes a little extra time. only thing is its sorta complicated? idk
Yah Steve, if you're willing to calculate it, I'm down with it, I just don't want to have to explain the whole situation to like 4 people who don't get it.

john!

Smash Hero
this might be easier:

standard pools, but top 3 make it out. all fourth and fifth seeds get separated into pools of four, playing best of one, and the top two from each pool make it out, both getting fourth seed in the bracket.

this might be better because steve's method (although creative) lets a 5th seed from the first round of pools get 2nd seed in bracket, so people who would normally get 4th seed would sandbag to try and get 5th seed instead, so they could have a shot at 2nd seed in bracket by winning the "best of one" pool.

call it "loser's pools" >:D

btw i might just opt out of crews because i could be on either side really and i tend to choke in crews. or i could just play for the crew that runs out of people first, but that might cheapen the whole thing. also i'm in favor of wi/mn vs. il, because il is the powerhouse of the midwest and that would be more fair.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
I think for this tourney we should do standard pools. I understand the reasons for the new style, but it's really confusing. If a lot of people want to do the new style, I'm fine with it, but I'd be more comfortable with the standard top 4 make it out of pools system. It's up to everyone though.

Dart!

Smash Master
Hmm, just realized that i'm going to tourneys before and after this weekend...don't know if i can do 3 in a row again.

almost certainly can't

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
this might be easier:

standard pools, but top 3 make it out. all fourth and fifth seeds get separated into pools of four, playing best of one, and the top two from each pool make it out, both getting fourth seed in the bracket.

this might be better because steve's method (although creative) lets a 5th seed from the first round of pools get 2nd seed in bracket, so people who would normally get 4th seed would sandbag to try and get 5th seed instead, so they could have a shot at 2nd seed in bracket by winning the "best of one" pool.

call it "loser's pools" >:D
theres some good and bad to this, good being that its way less complicated for sure. the bad thing is that top 3 kinda sucks, especially since "standard pools" means youll have 6 pools of 6 and 2 pools of 7. even with the 4/5 second chance, top 3 in a pool of 7 is pretty brutal. (i like my idea only on the assumption of 50 people, if 64 showed up id much rather do 8/8 with top 4)

and the 2nd seed problem from my idea would be easily alleviated by giving 1 2nd, 2 3rd, and 3 4th a bump up, and give the 5th pool all four remaining 4th seeds. but i think thats getting too complicated for its own good and maybe we should just stick to normal pools like lone said.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
1st of all if everyone thinks all of those peaches are exclusively peaches... they're dead wrong.
I can play Roy too.

2nd Dart you don't got much room to talk when I 2-0'd you in pools on BF and YS consecutively. <3

3rd I have TERRIBLE news. I can't come because I'm spending time with my GF that weekend. She lives in GA and I haven't seen her in ~2 months. I really really really wish I could be there. I'll definitely make the next ones, and I'll be focusing on becoming more active in the MW scene as a whole.

4th UW smashers, that means you need to start looking into other rides.

:c:c:c:c:c:c:c

EDIT: Well to be fair I'll be with my GF so that's a :yeahboi: but I feel bad about having to leave y'all!

Chexr

Smash Ace
*looks at his performance at SCSYN3* *looks at who he lost to...*
I will $50 mm you (or more if you'd like) if you come to this tournament. We can do it all on Rainbow Cruise if that sounds fun to you too. I know you like that stage.

Dart!

Smash Master
1st of all if everyone thinks all of those peaches are exclusively peaches... they're dead wrong.
I can play Roy too.

2nd Dart you don't got much room to talk when I 2-0'd you in pools on BF and YS consecutively. <3

3rd I have TERRIBLE news. I can't come because I'm spending time with my GF that weekend. She lives in GA and I haven't seen her in ~2 months. I really really really wish I could be there. I'll definitely make the next ones, and I'll be focusing on becoming more active in the MW scene as a whole.

4th UW smashers, that means you need to start looking into other rides.

:c:c:c:c:c:c:c

EDIT: Well to be fair I'll be with my GF so that's a :yeahboi: but I feel bad about having to leave y'all!
Nvm i looked at this tourney where you "2-0ed" me

I still outplaced you in bracket, and i really don't remember playing you at all.

LOL

Dart!

Smash Master
Don't get mad bro.

They ****ed up the brackets hardcore at Sakurai, seriously. we went from pools to playing in second round of winners. that's poopy.

Chexr

Smash Ace
Don't get mad bro.

They ****ed up the brackets hardcore at Sakurai, seriously. we went from pools to playing in second round of winners. that's poopy.
I swear I've seen you post about how you beat me in one set at least 3 or 4 times. It's pretty annoying when you keep bragging about it to be honest, especially with the me getting KO'd at 50% like 6 times in the match. So lets just rematch and get it over with. $10 really doesn't seem like much of anything to me but if that's all you're comfortable with its fine.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
I'm going to advise chexr to make this bet AFTER the tourney is over, just in case either party might realize how dumb a bet this is. 50 bucks? seriously?

Dart!

Smash Master
I swear I've seen you post about how you beat me in one set at least 3 or 4 times. It's pretty annoying when you keep bragging about it to be honest, especially with the me getting KO'd at 50% like 6 times in the match. So lets just rematch and get it over with. $10 really doesn't seem like much of anything to me but if that's all you're comfortable with its fine.
LOL because of this post i'm going to look for these "6 times"

:cool: i'm sorry for not being drake, i don't have money to blow.

EDIT: after the tourney you say? well this will be after i've won everybodies money so i guess i can do more than a stingy 10$

omnomnomnom

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
If anyone from Milwaukee/hartland wtc. area needs a ride I can help out.

I can play Roy too.
But a 5 peach crew sounds funny.

Awww...I want to ask if you could teach me Roy. :<

Dart!

Smash Master
LOL because of this post i'm going to look for these "6 times"

:cool: i'm sorry for not being drake, i don't have money to blow.

EDIT: after the tourney you say? well this will be after i've won everybodies money so i guess i can do more than a stingy 10$

omnomnomnom
cmon dart I think you're starting to get a little too cocky there =|. Don't let it get to your head.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
Nvm i looked at this tourney where you "2-0ed" me
I still outplaced you in bracket, and i really don't remember playing you at all.
LOL
Lol bracket placings don't matter nearly as much as head to head, but you can take your pyrrhic victory for now. Plus after the tourney you found me and asked to play more matches with me... idk why you're claiming not to remember. Prolly cause it was like 3 months ago and I haven't been around since. Don't worry I'll make it out to another tourney soon and we can have close matches again.
Awww...I want to ask if you could teach me Roy. :<
Yea def.
DED Dtilt Grab
Fsmash a lot and don't miss with it.

Now you know Roy. ^_^

Dart!

Smash Master
Lol bracket placings don't matter nearly as much as head to head, but you can take your pyrrhic victory for now. Plus after the tourney you found me and asked to play more matches with me... idk why you're claiming not to remember. Prolly cause it was like 3 months ago and I haven't been around since. Don't worry I'll make it out to another tourney soon and we can have close matches again.
Oh man, i lost to anthony at that tournament :awesome:

maybe you got the wrong guy? i'll admit (read: JOHN) that i wasn't nearly as good back then but if you can recall who was in our pool maybe i would remember. This is gonna bug me >_<

Mundungu

Smash Lord
Why are people money matching someone that already johned out?

I think we should all go peach for crews. I usually don't play much peach, but I got a cstick, and I'm pretty good with it. I hear other people play spacies :reverse:

Top Bottom