• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Revival Of Salt-USA vs Canada-1000$Pot -

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
just reconfirmed with people and a few dropped out :(

were at 78..honestly if we dont hit 80 i think ill still just do the raffle prize because im even 78 is amazing

zmx

Smash Lord
I'm curious. Why exactly is MK legal at this tourny? This doesn't make sense to me. This is after the URC ban date and I thought this tourny was following the Unity ruleset?

Edit: Just reread this:

"Dun Dun Dun. Yes Metaknight WILL be legal. Metaknight does not overcentralize our region, and im really eager to see our best MKs go up against the MK killers of the U.S. Plus didnt you read the tourneys name?"

Do we really have that many top MKs to begin with though? I mean there is Ally, to a lesser extent you and I can't think of any top consistent MK.

I mean sure MK doesn't over-centralize our region but unless I'm mistaken that's only because like I said, we don't have many top MKs to begin with.

Mprime

Smash Ace
What do you mean no top mks, we've got ally m2k and holy (whos takn a game off m2k in bracket set b4) attending.

And to answer zmx, it is called revival of salt for a reason. Not everyone believes mk should be banned, scrubs just gta learn to deal with him. This tourney seems to be a nice bright beam of light shinning on the hopes of all mk mains that they can still play him in tournies now and then.

:phone:

zmx

Smash Lord
What do you mean no top mks, we've got ally m2k and holy (whos takn a game off m2k in bracket set b4) attending.

And to answer zmx, it is called revival of salt for a reason. Not everyone believes mk should be banned, scrubs just gta learn to deal with him. This tourney seems to be a nice bright beam of light shinning on the hopes of all mk mains that they can still play him in tournies now and then.

First off I was talking about top MKs in Canada. I know M2K is attending, it's in the title.........
I think you misunderstand my position.

I have always been anti-ban. It's just that if he's getting banned regardless than it should be certain. Otherwise it's annoying because then you don't know if you should practice with MK or not (I use him as a secondary for certain MUs). But I stopped using him pretty much completely when I heard he was getting banned. No point investing in a useless character right?

And TO Joe I meant to say there are no top consistent MKs OTHER than the two I mentioned (in Canada). I forgot the "other" lol. Obviously Ally is one of the top MKs period. And if there are more (other than you and Ally) do tell me. I've heard Holy is good but he tends to largely use ROB so I don't consider him.

Peachy-Desu

Smash Journeyman
I think MK ban tournies are being recorded for position or w.e? Iunno... so i guess you can use him and win these types of tournies.

Happy New years though everyone woooooo!

This was hard to type... could be the champagne but w.e lmao

zmx

Smash Lord
Just from the MU chart that makes sense so no surprises there.

And I apologize if I came off as too aggressive or offended anyone with my original post. I was typing in a hurry.

Anyways I hope you guys spread hype for this far and wide. I think more people should do what TO Joe is doing and paste the tourny in their sig if they are going to attend. I'm still not sure if I can.

Mr_L

Smash Journeyman
lol I just read TOJoes post about who I'm housing. One problem, you might have to take one person off because I promised one of my luigi bros I'd house him if he came. He isnt confirmed yet but if he does I'm gunna be housing him

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
lol I just read TOJoes post about who I'm housing. One problem, you might have to take one person off because I promised one of my luigi bros I'd house him if he came. He isnt confirmed yet but if he does I'm gunna be housing him

no worries, keep me updated

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
enjoy a 50$ pot bonus + gold classic controller for the raffle prize from me and Gi by the way :)

also guys we NEED setups if we want this to go well, please help out and bring a wii or tv if you can!

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
i'd only be able to bring a lcd tv... because there's no way i'd be able to get my CRT to peterborough and then to whitby without a car for both trips :( and i dont think dom has a crt :(

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I need housing and a teammate.

Looking for a good teammate of course. As for housing, illiad offered me some, so could you PM me and we can talk?

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
yo my :Sinister: against your :Mprime: $5

:yeahboi:

Top Bottom