• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Revival of DGames" Mafia

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Guys don't fall for J's bull****, notice how once again he appears just before deadline to save his ass, he hasn't even argued back Maven's and Dancer points against him.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Dancer has no points against me. He even admitted that he does not view me as scum.

Maven's points have been the same since yesterDay which are mirrored to yours which I have responded to.

I claimed because we have like 10 hours left of the Dayphase and it is still a viable possibility that I could be lynched. However, this isn't bull**** and I think you are reacting this way due to the animonsity of being wrong after 2 Whole Day phases of riding my jock.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Then what are you implying? Like there's no other way I can interpret your theory there.
What? My theory is that Spak is confirmed town. I feel Dancer/WATT are the scum-team so I guess in a way, but I just pointed out that a weird worded post from WATT matches what Ryker's NA and Mine back-up.

And even if so, do you feel WATT is that strong of a town read for you to act this way?

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Didn't realize i needed to respond to it swords, but dietz said (maybe at least to me if not thread) that he saw somerhing and ran woth it before thinkingnit through
I still have a couple of pages to go so if I see that you respond to it then I'll retract my question.

More last minute HBC catch up:

Where was all of this day 1?

Have you even considered with what has flipped if it is possible? How about my play today if that at all?
What do you mean "What was all this Day 1?" His points against you are all, except one, exclusively from Day 2.

Vote: J

Better place for a vote right now, if I get up to it I'll actually read the walls but I'd rather both slots condense their points rather than trading walls.
Someone tell me why RR doesn't like J pls.

Which you never followed up on and then proceeded to bandwagon on Rake's stuff zero questions on the matter.
Fair.

Honestly speaking:

vote: J

This is the problem child of that pool of players because he singlehandedly divides them and having his flip on the table allows me to determine who falls where. If he is Mafia, I think that Spak has to be his partner on one hand and Kantrip or even arguably Maven (I think that's farfetched but this is entertaining a scenario where J does flip mafia). If he doesn't, then I think it's better to investigate Wot and Dancer immediately as I think he did have something on those two slots (even if his Maven read is garbage). I also think it'd be quite telling given how he seems rather confident there's only two mafiats this game.

:186:
Ack! No one listened to me yesterDay when I said this! >.<

Don't think J/Spak are a scum team together. Yes I called this plausible earlier. Don't care, I'm changing my mind. J having his partner Spak as his highest town read, yeah that's not happening.

If J flips town or Indy, look at Dancer/Wot
If he flips Mafia, body Spak/Kantrip.

Why Kantrip?

Dietz had a random burst where he thought rakev ryu was svi but i dunnonif hes still sticking with it.
I dislike ryu and think rakes prolly town but I'm open to convincing on either end
Does this still hold WATT? A lot of people think scum RR wouldn't make the claim he did. What do you think about that?

Christ now is not the time for asking questions but that's what you get when you decide to stop playing a game for days on end.

After reading your big post i think you are right. I was over zealous, and after everything today im gonna let go of ryu

unvote

In other news, i really liked J's wall, I thought it was really well put together in terms of how he drew his connections. I just don't think WaTT and dnacer are together.

I feel like J's argument against dancer just outlines what J doesn't like about Dancer as well as some arguably scummish points. it didn't really feel though like Dancer was scummy for it. Like, it was good, but it didn't make me feel swords was more scumy than the town lean i gave him for how he handled J d1.

Can someone give me a one liner as to why J really thinks Dancer is scum ? Because i felt like J just expected me to reach that conclusion with his post but i kinda didnt

:059:
J thinks I'm scum because I've had easy/passive reads/pushes on him and ome other players.

Rake why can't you see me and WATT together? Objectively speaking I could totally see us on a scum team together. The interactions between our slots have been nilce so how can you draw thi conclusion?

Actually that's a good point you bring out, since J accuses Dancer on fence sitting and trying to lynch him for information, while he is guilty of that himself. You still haven't really explained why you town read Gheb D1 tho.

Also @ BarDulL BarDulL Request Vote count. I think @ #HBC | J #HBC | J is at L-1as of Laundry's vote.
Is hypocrisy scummy though? Does it make someone else's points less valid?

>Mfw I'm defending J's case against me.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
I am not implying WATT targetted Ryker last night, like at all.

I wanted to wait it out, because in my eyes there are 2 theifs unless Ryu is full of it, but he was so adamant during the responses that I doubt he would make up a claim like that. Like what does scumRyu gain from claiming his cellphone was stolen during the debacle especially when Rake talked to him. Plus it was providing a ton of new discussion.

If Spak was RB'd and didn't say anything, I don't know I can't answer that for you.
What do you gain from waiting it out? What does town gain from you waiting it out?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Do you not see the 10-15 pgs of this Day Phase of discussion that has mainly been centralized around Ryu/Rake?

I also gain insights on players and also what they feel regarding that. Plus I am not gonna come into the thread like Rake did and barrel down the thread saying "I got info that I can't prove, but here it is!" without a prompt. Hell, I even made mention of that when talking to Alex about how "I would have done things differently if I were Rake." That's what we call allusion.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
What? My theory is that Spak is confirmed town. I feel Dancer/WATT are the scum-team so I guess in a way, but I just pointed out that a weird worded post from WATT matches what Ryker's NA and Mine back-up.

And even if so, do you feel WATT is that strong of a town read for you to act this way?
Its not even that, tell me J are you claiming to be the town's watcher?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
No, I am claiming to be the Town's Voyeur.

Watcher is a completeing different role and I'm a weak Voyeur at that.

#HBC | Dancer

J If your **** got stolen why in all british hell didn't you bring that up that when we were speculating the phone being stolen?

Are you implying WATT targetted Ryker last night?

If Spak was roleblocked why didn't he said so?

@ #HBC | Dancer #HBC | Dancer if your primary scum read was J why didn't you vote him at all in this phase, why are you having second doubts now?
Good question. J?

His wall + I liked his starting play Day 2 (liked refusal to really address points being made against him instead insisting on pushing his own direction). These doubts aren't recent, I've been having them for awhile now and his wall was the tipping point (read the end of my wall).

No good reason I didn't vote, I just didn't feel like it was needed at the time.

Fandangox

Smash Lord

Is not, but if your reasons to scumread someone are the exact same as why everyone else is scumreading you, you will need a much better argument to convince town to lynch the other instead of you.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I would rather not lynch Rake, but I don't have the power to swing a lynch in either of my chosen directions. The only other person I would settle upon is Ryu. Especially if talking about the Rake vs. Ryu situation.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Is not, but if your reasons to scumread someone are the exact same as why everyone else is scumreading you, you will need a much better argument to convince town to lynch the other instead of you.
That's hella not true. I've been passionate about my reads for a while now.

Comparing J to Dancer isn't a fair comparison.

#HBC | Dancer

Holy **** like 20 ninjas there.

Work soon, trying to make this fast. Like Dietz, I now also have mobile (for the first time!) so can move vote around.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
I still have a couple of pages to go so if I see that you respond to it then I'll retract my question.

More last minute HBC catch up:

What do you mean "What was all this Day 1?" His points against you are all, except one, exclusively from Day 2.

Someone tell me why RR doesn't like J pls.

Fair.

Ack! No one listened to me yesterDay when I said this! >.<

Don't think J/Spak are a scum team together. Yes I called this plausible earlier. Don't care, I'm changing my mind. J having his partner Spak as his highest town read, yeah that's not happening.

Why Kantrip?

Does this still hold WATT? A lot of people think scum RR wouldn't make the claim he did. What do you think about that?

Christ now is not the time for asking questions but that's what you get when you decide to stop playing a game for days on end.

J thinks I'm scum because I've had easy/passive reads/pushes on him and ome other players.

Rake why can't you see me and WATT together? Objectively speaking I could totally see us on a scum team together. The interactions between our slots have been nilce so how can you draw thi conclusion?

why is J having sspak as a twon read so telling. He town read me when we were scum together. That point is hella bad lol

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I don't want to out what I got from solving the puzzle. I can if pushed more, but I think it is better for town for me to sit on it.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
Also, WaTT saying redirect is pretty untelling since Ryker saying he Rb'd gheb literally implies it got redirected cause there is literally no better explanation

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Oh okay that makes more sense..
Fanny, I'm going to just nod and smile and ignore this outburst. But please read more carefully before doing what you are doing. However, you can pretty much sit with Spak in terms of my reads now haha. So thanks? But dude, lol.

#HBC | Dancer

btw

Weak voyeur - Sees what type of role (killing, protecting, investigating, etc.) visits a player during the Night. I was this in Persona.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Also, WaTT saying redirect is pretty untelling since Ryker saying he Rb'd gheb literally implies it got redirected cause there is literally no better explanation
Which is why I said it's a really weak point and I'm not pursuing it. If he does flip scum with a redirect, I will say "Called it." post-game/his flip.

#HBC | Dancer

why is J having sspak as a twon read so telling. He town read me when we were scum together. That point is hella bad lol
Cus what scum would town read a partner like Spak, especially as their "strongest" town read? Like, lets be honest, would scum want to tie themselves to someone who literally everyone has been annoyed with?

Unless you think it's potential reverse psychology?

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
(By the way, the reason I didn't say I was rolebloced is because I had no clue; I have no night actions)

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Unvote
Vote: Red Ryu

I'm gonna try this. One of Rake/Ryu should die and I am much more comfortable with a Ryu lynch.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
We have 6+ people viewing, this can be accomplished, let's rep out #HBC swag and hardbody Ryu outta here.

Maven89

Smash Master
Yeah I don't like this at all

I cannot imagine J having Spak as his strongest town read to the point that he'd imagine the role would be hostilely targeted. That role has been up for a lynch for a while and was clearly not a threat. It would, however, be a prime investigative or vig target. Targeting Spak to see what roles were used on him makes way more sense from a mafia perspective.

I also can't get behind the sudden reveal of a second item thief. Why would that not get brought up? If J thinks the scum team is an item thief, a redirect, and an independent poisoner, that'd leave a town item thief. Wouldn't this item thief speak up over either taking Ruy's phone or the fact that he didn't take Ruy's phone? Wouldn't J wonder about this? Knowing there's two item thieves would be excellent information for the town to have, why didn't he share it?

I think J's role is real. I don't think anything he's said points to it being town, and I think the fact that he targeted Spak points heavily towards it being scum

I'm sticking with my J vote

Maven89

Smash Master
Did you move me from scum to independent, or did you just fail to mention that you've been thinking I was independent? Cause now we have you claiming both
Explain this J

You admit your push on me Day 1 was based on you not having read the game. I've asked you to explain it and linked to the post, so I'm assuming you're rolling your defense of that post into my other question, "did you read". And the answer is no, and the post shows that despite saying you skimmed you didn't do a good job of it because you didn't know what me and Gheb were talking about even though your vote was based on it

You were insisting I was pushing you and trying to pressure Gheb into voting for you. Gheb, on the other hand, thought I was trying to pressure him into voting Ryu. Dancer got it right with him explaining how I was in the wrong for that because I misread Gheb's positions, so I understand where Gheb came from, but what I don't understand is where your points came from. They weren't accurate to what was going on and they weren't even accurate to what Gheb had said. You were jumping on a bandwagon and you didn't even understand what the points against me were. This is my biggest issue and the fact that when I pointed out your points were factually wrong you refused to budge and tried to argue with me about them. For you to come in then 5-6 days later and go "sorry I hadn't actually read" doesn't make me feel any better of it. You were pushing my lynch 24 hours before a deadline and you hadn't even read the thread? And when I pointed out that your points were factually wrong, instead of fact-checking to see if you made a mistake due to skimming, you just doubled down and argued with me anyways, vanish before the deadline, then come in day 2 with these same beliefs?
Explain this J

You've never answered this

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Poisoner could have an item steal. That is a valid possibility. Town Item Thief would have claimed by now which was another reason I was holding off on that. If someone was to claim thief now, it is a 100% condemn on that slot.

I don't really have a retort to why I chose Spak besides he was my town-read besides I really didn't feel comfortable using it on anyone coming out of D1. I chose Spak because it was between him/Gheb/Laundry yesterDay.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I would claim but I have nothing to back it up nor anything to say for it since my PR was stolen last night by an item theif. I am useless in terms of PRs unless I get that item back. Also, someone handed me like all of their random junk so I have items, but it's not the right ones for my PR.
Why would you not claim this immediately?

Dancer has no points against me. He even admitted that he does not view me as scum.

Maven's points have been the same since yesterDay which are mirrored to yours which I have responded to.

I claimed because we have like 10 hours left of the Dayphase and it is still a viable possibility that I could be lynched. However, this isn't bull**** and I think you are reacting this way due to the animonsity of being wrong after 2 Whole Day phases of riding my jock.
Why would you not claim any of that **** immediately?

Why are there still votes on Rake after this?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I am feeling indifferent about you, Maven. I am probably taking you off my indyDar because it is confuddling to say the least. I did at the time of my big post have you as Indy or Town. I took you off of my scum-team list and did say that in my big post so I claiming that I said both was not true. Your play is mainly based on yourself and since this is my first game with you the only view I have on your OMGUSy playstyle is that it looked like reactionary scum.

Also you are saying in the latter quote that you find me scummy for changing my read on you after doing an indepth read-through on the entire game and providing quotes and links and posts about why I find my scum-team to be WATT/Dancer means. People change minds, but I have substantiated why I changed my mind and proven that very clearly toDay so I don't get why you are harping on this invalid point.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Let's pose the hypothetical.

I come in the thread with 0 info and 0 reads before doing my readthrough on the information I had. I was public enemy #1 and claiming something such as "Weak Voyeur whose PR got stolen" would have gone terribly and I would have been turbo-lynched out of here.

Put things into perspective and stop looking at things through a narrow mind, Alex.

Top Bottom