• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Revival of Brampton - Brampton Monthlies #1 - Melee Singles, Doubles and P:M Singles Results Thread

Coastward

Smash Lord

Melee Singles Bracket - (60+ Entrants)

1) KirbyKaze :sheikmelee: ($330 + Gamecube)
2) EMG | Weon-X :foxmelee: :marthmelee: ($150)
3) RaynEX
:foxmelee: ($60)
4) Idea :jigglypuffmelee: ($30)
5) Loki :ganondorfmelee: ($15)
5) Riddlebox :pichumelee: :peachmelee: ($15)
7) Jethrotex :peachmelee:
7) Coffeeblack :falconmelee: :dkmelee:
9) Sanuzi :foxmelee:
9) Bernal :foxmelee:
9) Cemo :icsmelee:
9) Chalcogen :falcomelee:
13) Kason Birdman :foxmelee:
13) Windrose :falconmelee:
13) Summonedfist :foxmelee: :falcomelee:
13) Nightmare :marthmelee:
17) EMG | Desh :peachmelee: :falcomelee:
17) EMG | SmashCentral :marthmelee:
17) Deebz :drmario:
17) Spud :jigglypuffmelee:
17) Vrud :nessmelee:
17) E-Rayz :foxmelee:
17) Navatar :foxmelee: :marthmelee:
17) WumpaWolfy :drmario:
25) Nutffles :falcomelee:
25) Kiwi Milkshake :falconmelee:
25) Hello :sheikmelee:
25) Frog :falcomelee:
25) Grmo :falcomelee: :samusmelee: :falconmelee: :dkmelee: :foxmelee:
(you play everything lmao)
25) AP Renekton :falconmelee:
25) Toast :peachmelee:
25) GFist :ganondorfmelee:

- Challonge Bracket --> http://challonge.com/meleesinglesrob

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Melee Doubles Bracket - (24 Entrants)
1) Jethrotex & KirbyKaze :peachmelee: :sheikmelee: ($144)

2) Sanuzi & Idea :jigglypuffmelee: :foxmelee: ($72)
3) Riddlebox & RaynEX :peachmelee: :foxmelee: ($24)
4) Chalcogen & Deebz :falcomelee: :drmario:
5) Coffeeblack & EMG | Weon-X :falconmelee: :foxmelee:
5) 22 :foxmelee: :sheikmelee:
7) Kason Birdman & Loki :foxmelee: :ganondorfmelee:
7) E-Rayz & Windrose :foxmelee: :falconmelee:
9) Whens Marvel
9) Summoned Syphilis :foxmelee: :sheikmelee:
9) 1 3/4 Men
9) Navatar & Moist
13) Tent & NTR
13) Spud & Nutffles :jigglypuffmelee: :falcomelee:
13) Lazr & Double Cheezburger
13) Moldy Sandwich
17) Sixty Nine & Cast
17) Lee Cahny & Mano :foxmelee: :samusmelee:
17) Frog & Toast :peachmelee: :falcomelee:
17) PastaPlow & Hermit
17) Yogi & Max
17) EMG :ganondorfmelee: :samusmelee:
17) N64 & SNES
17) Leafshadow & EMG | Blitz :sheikmelee: :jigglypuffmelee:

- Challonge Bracket --> http://challonge.com/meleedoublesrob

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Project: M Singles Bracket - (44 Entrants)
1) EMG | Weon-X :fox: ($52)

1) Coffeeblack :falcon:($52)
1) RaynEX :pit::ike::ganondorf:($52)
1) Idea :sheilda:($52)
5) EMG | SmashCentral :charizard::ivysaur::metaknight:($5)
5) Hello :sheik::squirtle: ($5)
7) EMG | Coast :ganondorf:
7) Kid :ness2:
9) EMG | ProZak :sheilda: :samus2:
9) GFist :ganondorf:
9) Leafshadow :mewtwopm:
9) Nutffles :pit:
13) EMG | Blitz :ike:
13) Joma
13) Kiwi Milkshake :sheilda:
13) Spud:diddy:
17) BDawg :sheilda:
17) Calamity:link2:
17)Sandro
17)Sixty Nine :mario2::marth:
17) Styles :metaknight: :dk2:
17) Sunshine :yoshi2: :ness2:
17) Tent
17) XJ9
25) Arezza :marth:
25) Blacksmith
25) Ghoti
25)Hermit :squirtle::falco:
25) NTR :fox:
25) Toast
25) Tora
25) WumpaWolfy
33) Bhe
33) Briefs
33) Erik
33) Frog
33) Kave
33) Max
33) Mega
33) N64
33) Sabz :marth:
33) SNES
33) Yogi
33) Zack

- Challonge Bracket --> http://challonge.com/projectmrob

Last edited:

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
I was planning on having the most hype and insane run through losers bracket since mango at pound 3, but josh shut me down lmao

ggs everyone mad fun tourney and sooo hype ermagawd, least salty ive been at a tourney in a while even given the terbz results

Engo

Smash Ace
Pretty sure you forgot me(Bernal) and Seena(Hello) in 5th place for doubles. Our team name was 22.

conspiracy to hide the fact that we upset one of the top teams?!?!?

Last edited:

StylesX2

Smash Rookie
prob could have gone much higher in PM, but got waaay to sleepy when i was playing and went home to KO

SmashCentralOfficial

Voice of SmashCentralOfficial
Super fun tournament.

Unfortunately Fire Safety made us clear everyone out and let everyone back in slowly which REEEEALLY screwed up doubles. Other than that plus the fact that no one thought to bring fans, this tourny was awesome. (plugging in fans on top of everything we already had wouldve been super power surge territory though)

Shoutouts!

Chalcogen/Jethrotex - Extremely close matches with you guys in Melee singles. I had the momentum for like 80% of the match and then last stock you guys just clinched it when it mattered most. GG's.

Bernard - Oh how the cookie crumbles. If only I played a bit more safer on that last stock. Oh well, I love ya you mofo <3

Also shoutouts to EMG Coast for posting this at 4:20 AM, and I also don't play Marth in PM :3 That was just a random mm with Ares.

Lots o' love to everyone I played in both games. Maybe I'll edit this later, maybe not. Doing mad homework right now because wtf is reading week. I look forward to the next one!

Last edited:

ManoxMano

Smash Journeyman
Really great start, and I hope it only gets better from here. Good job everyone
S.Os to Loki taking my money, all the low tiers I got to watch, SNES, and Conner for the ride

Desh

Smash Ace
Lots of fun. Shout outs to everyone who came/I played against. Special shout out to anyone I lost to/had a close game with ...wait for the cast to come off ;) #indirectjohns #shotsfired

All salt/jokes aside it was a super good time, it was awesome seeing so many old/new faces and people showing up to play smash in general.

Eckstra shouts: bernal and seena gg on beating David and Dylan.

David: we never played, *****.

That little kid who goes by SNES : you da man

Steve(smash central): dubs was fun

Kyle and grmo: sorry I couldn't end up housing :(

And ya. GG's peeps

pvrker

Smash Rookie
Sick tourney, thanks to Coast & ProZak for hosting and also to everyone else who helped. The fire safety violation was a bummer, especially for anyone who only came for Project M but I'm looking forward to the next.

& throw up my
(Calamity 17th for PM).

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Sorry I had to pull a no-show. Things didn't work out for me for this tournament due to scheduling. It's a shame I couldn't unleash my YLink on everyone at the tourney.

Anyone going to post videos of the tourney? I'd love to see what happened.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Shoutouts

Everyone - Ggs I love you all

Jethrotex - Best teammate ever

Riddlebox - Number 1 homie. The Pichu is very real.

Idea - You're looking much better lately. But nobody expects the Zelda transformation rest punish.

Raynex - What a beast.

Weon-X - An even beastlier beast

Sabz - Thank you for the pep talk and sweet words. Definitely enjoyed housing Montreal, and it was cool getting to know you guys outside of Melee (math lol).

Cemo - You have such a great attitude.

Erayz - You're adorable. Hope you learned from this and come back stronger :D

Loki - Also adorable. You're so scary in teams!

Vrud - Ness skills are too real. Sorry about Riddlebox trolling you with driving. It's just his way of showing affection. He's a real "tough love" kind of guy.

Deebz - Sorry about not playing a friendly. But I was getting ready for bracket and stuff. Your Doc sounds like it is improving a lot though, and you looked solid in teams. Good stuff ^_^

SNES - I dunno if you'll see this but you're adorable. Also, it was really fun playing Mario-Kirby and Mario dittos / double Mario teams. You were a definite highlight.

Syphilis - Your hair omg. Also, I think you need to find a Falco and power train the MU. Otherwise this block will be here for a while. I think your weaknesses are mostly just movement related, especially out of dash, WD, & shield.

Bernal - Keep that fire glowing :D

Coffeeblack - That combo omg

Sanuzi - Good stuff in teams and in singles. Top 2 in teams is hot and you beat good people in singles too :D

Nightmare - Wtf you're alive!?

Wolfy - See above.

Toast - The hat stealing is real

Desh - You're so cool

EMG & staff - Good tournament overall. Wish Pm finished but you did well extending the time to 1 am and working with what you had. Either way I enjoyed myself despite how hot the room was and I look forward to any future events you decide to run :)

Just A Frog

Smash Cadet
So many sad with how i placed, Ice climbers too strong. Shoutouts to Kason for the kewl tourny set, i should definitely try listening to music too, what Shania Twain album were you listening to in our set?

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
So many sad with how i placed, Ice climbers too strong. Shoutouts to Kason for the kewl tourny set, i should definitely try listening to music too, what Shania Twain album were you listening to in our set?
bro it was katy perry.
and sorry, I didn't think about how losing first round might affect others lol, you really shouldn't have been out right away, my bad :( but good set anyway! your falco is super deass.

also jenny, flaco is free.

idea

Smash Master
Shoutouts to SNES from me too <3 he's like the whole Ontario Melee community's little brother or something. He was SO excited when he found out that someone was getting DQ'd from his pool because that meant he "got a point!"

Also really brief shoutouts to Loki for an awesome set, Josh for fun times in teams, and all the usual suspects I hung out with all weekend :)

Kyle and grmo: sorry I couldn't end up housing :(
no problem man, i ended up tagging along to the waterloo tourney and having an impromptu super fun weekend because of that. was actually pretty serendipitous <3 you owe me one hanging out with desh event though, regardless of whose house it is lol

Last edited:

xBlitz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AresxBlitz
3DS FC
3583-0912-0374
I did pretty poorly in PM, and drowned in Melee pools as usual. Really fun tournament, definitely going to be making some upsets and placing top 5 at the next one... prepare yourselves :ike:

Last edited:

WumpaWolfy

Smash Cadet
I don't know what's wrong with me. I go to tournaments, have a blast, then drop off the face of the earth until an arbitrary future date to do it all again. I really enjoyed the Brampton location though, I can definitely see my turnout being more regular if it becomes a monthly. Where do you guys host the EMG tournaments btw?

On another note I would really appreciate it if the T.O.'s changed Wumpa to WumpaWolfy. It gets confusing since some people know me as Wumpa and others as Wolfy. I guarantee that was me that is listed in the rankings. My second time making it out of pools and first time winning a set in bracket!! Next time I'm taking two sets.

Anyways time for shoutouts!

First off to the T.O.'s. You guys put in so much work, you definitely deserve some love. I also wanted to say you guys have made a huge improvement from the first post Unknown tournament (which was the last I attended) so keep it up guys. The only thing that I think really needs addressing is the mic. It was pretty much impossible to hear you guys unless I was standing right in front of you. Maybe elevate the amp somehow? The setup to player ratio was fantastic too.

KiwiMilkshake: My crew brother from sauga, great stuff as always and thanks for the ride! You'll rise to the the top of PM in no time, we just need to get out to more PM tournaments. Keep repping that Roy Boy Toy.

Desh: Great friendlies man! I was mildly insulted by the fact that after our first match you didn't think I'd heard of smashboards but rather than fight you on it I swallowed my pride and got some great advice in return. It felt good to win that doc ditto right after, but I want to see how I fare when your hand heals up though. Some more peach matches would be great too, I need to learn the match up.

Shwag: I loved our set and I hated it passionately. I've never almost been timed out before, especially by a pill spamming doc lol. Easily my most frustrating match I've played. That said you're a really cool guy and you play a mean Marth. I still feel bad that I had to be the one to tell you they accidentally gave you my spot in the bracket.

Stairman (Starman?): Such a close set in pools, I don't think I've ever been so intimidated by a Bowser. Great stuff man!

KirbyKaze: Always entertaining to talk to, I apologize for being completely oblivious to anything non smash related when I'm in tournament mode lol. Made for some good laughs either way. Anyways thanks as always for the smash advice, I'll definitely take you up on your offer of smash sessions when I have some down time at York. Congrats on taking first place btw.

Kason Birdman: Mr Hype in the flesh, we didn't really get to talk (or play) this tournament but I love hearing you randomly watch a match and commentate. Also your fox dittos are always my favourite thing to watch every tourny I go to and your set with Erayz was legendary.

BDawg: Great PM set man! So close I can't believe you came back like that. I'd love to get in more friendlies in the future.

Deebz: You put my Doc to shame my friend, but that just pushes me to want to be a better player so watch out. We should definitely get in some more friendlies and probably work on our Doc dittos because I hate them too lol. Anyways great set in pools man!

Last edited:

N00B64

Smash Cadet
SNES - I dunno if you'll see this but you're adorable. Also, it was really fun playing Mario-Kirby and Mario dittos / double Mario teams. You were a definite highlight.
Only got to see this thread today, and showed him your post before he went to bed.

He says thank you for the compliments and for the matches, he really enjoyed playing doubles with you and has been practicing at least three times a week because of the confidence boost you gave him.

thank you for playing with my little brother, he hopes that he will take at least 2 stocks next time you play one another.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I think that is my favourite post of all time and nothing will ever change that. N64, thank you for sharing that with me :)

And if you could pass along to SNES that I look forward to seeing how much stronger he's gotten that would be great.

Last edited:

xBlitz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AresxBlitz
3DS FC
3583-0912-0374
Wait... SNES and N64 were the brothers? That's hype, I hope they both make it out to more tournaments.

N00B64

Smash Cadet
I think that is my favourite post of all time and nothing will ever change that. N64, thank you for sharing that with me :)

And if you could pass along to SNES that I look forward to seeing how much stronger he's gotten that would be great.
no problem man, and sure thing.

Wait... SNES and N64 were the brothers? That's hype, I hope they both make it out to more tournaments.
We're going to CEO at the end of June, and any of the Brampton monthlies in the future.
I can't take him out of Brampton for tourneys without my parent's supervising him unfortunately (their rules).

idea

Smash Master

We're going to CEO at the end of June, and any of the Brampton monthlies in the future.
I can't take him out of Brampton for tourneys without my parent's supervising him unfortunately (their rules).
SNES was awesome, definitely bring him back to more events :)

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration

Wait, like CEO in Orlando?

Looking forward to seeing you both here if so!

Loving the Ganondorf usage in EC Canada as of recently, by the way.

Top Bottom