• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Resident Evil 4 Mafia - Game Over! Town Wins!!!

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Man Kati shooting scum N1 and N2 gave town the game, MVP goes to him for the godly reads.

We were too busy shooting each other to shoot town. :/

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I've never read you as scum. D:

I thought you were intentionally misunderstanding his points and saying that he hadn't explained them when asked, because I thought he had been extremely clear.
Then you just get a facepalm. He was clear, but didn't make the actual connection between what RR said and the state of mind it implied until after I pressured him about it a great deal.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah, it was unlikely you were really a vig, but we didn't have anything else =\

I had so much stuff planned for D2 if Joey hadn't replaced out, I was going to pull some hardcore AtE to get Chibo lynched with him on my side
LOL oh. Yeah I just meant I'd lynch him. ;)

But I'm glad I drew a rb.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste

July

Smash Apprentice
Yay great job guys!! Kat's reads were fantastic, killing scum every night was pretty freaking impressive :D

J, thank you so much for letting me co-mod, you are da best and the flavor for the game was amazing :3

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
As this illustrated, Mafia is more dangerous to the SK then town.

That said, kata had great reads, but he sort of failed at getting scum not to target him.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I thought some of that list was cleared when it appeared that Laundry didn't know the color. When I found out that he did there wasn't much point to the list.

I initially thought that if the person first answered correctly that they would be confirmed town, but later thinking not since it could have been from a safe claim. If laundry flipped scum it would have confirmed them.
Imagine this scenario. Laundry is scum. Adum is scum. They have safeclaims. You put out a "game breaking strategy" and Adum answers because he has the safe claim. They then put two and two together and figure out they can ride it all the way to end game because Adum's cleared so they bus Swiss/Laundry.

Replace yourself with Adum. Works just as well.

Let's say your scum and you know scum have safe claims. You do it and simply hope that some townie either gets confused, it catches an indy, or someone with a moral reason not to do that (like Swiss or myself) refuses to answer you. You then get a free mislynch and a wasted day with something you can follow without taking any stances at all.

Even in a broken game scenario where you KNOW scum don't have the claim, you can only get one clear because that one has to communicate it and it can be picked up on as soon as the post is made.

It's a **** move in any case. It's unfair to scum to take advantage of a mod error. It's unfair to the mod to play against the spirit of the game. Once his set-up gets out, he can't really run it again to the same effect with corrections made to prevent it being broken through meta due to the queue system.

tl;dr

Following such a plan that was full of holes and maybes was and remains a dumb idea and a **** move.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I'm kinda disappointed I didn't get MVP. Not that Kat doesn't deserve it, he did amazing!

It's just that I cleared 3 townies (including myself), caught 2 scum (1 if you don't count the Red Ruy investigation) and set up a scenario where we would auto win.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
RR was obvscum and soup was obvscum.

Kudos for being right, but it was more that the scum team floundered than town playing amazing. As for setting up the scenario, that's fairly basic stuff when you have have claimed prs to work with.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
RR was obvscum and soup was obvscum.

Kudos for being right, but it was more that the scum team floundered than town playing amazing. As for setting up the scenario, that's fairly basic stuff when you have have claimed prs to work with.
But if they were obv scum, wouldn't the same thing apply to the SK?

I also realize the set up scenario was pretty basic, but no one else really stepped up and offered it as an option.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
But if they were obv scum, wouldn't the same thing apply to the SK?

I also realize the set up scenario was pretty basic, but no one else really stepped up and offered it as an option.
What do you mean?

I think the mafia tried killing Kat because they realized he was a strong looking town player, not because he was obv SK. They might have had suspicions N2, but I think the N1 rationale was to eliminate her from being a later threat.

And you answered the question in itself. What's more impressive, setting up night actions from claimed PRs or calling the scum team as indy and eliminated 2/3 of it before being killed in a crossfire.

I am not trying to take the glory away from any other player nor am I giving you or town any less credit, but I think its obvious Kat outshined the rest.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
What do you mean?

I think the mafia tried killing Kat because they realized he was a strong looking town player, not because he was obv SK. They might have had suspicions N2, but I think the N1 rationale was to eliminate her from being a later threat.

And you answered the question in itself. What's more impressive, setting up night actions from claimed PRs or calling the scum team as indy and eliminated 2/3 of it before being killed in a crossfire.

I am not trying to take the glory away from any other player nor am I giving you or town any less credit, but I think its obvious Kat outshined the rest.
Yet you did say RR and Soup were obv scummy.

I didn't know how he picked up JTB tho. Everyone did good.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Haven't read up properly, and no offence at all to Kat but there's quite a strong argument that suggests that if you get shot twice in a row when your wincon relies on you personally being alive then you're doing it wrong.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Kati wasn't at fault though, Chaco wanted him dead from past game experience. N2 was partly his fault, but the other part was testing to see if he was bused N1 or not.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Also notice how Chaco never addressed me at all. ;o

Swiss

Smash Lord
I in no way condemn playing like a ****, but you have to be right, or scum.

You were neither.

Troll, mock, force others to your will, laugh at others inferiority, but make sure you're right when you do it. You were blinded by the thrill of getting MVP and catching Swiss scum.

In my opinion, anyway.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
True. I thought Chibo was scum for that. ;-;

Swiss

Smash Lord
As for my reads this game, I was wrong on Ranmaru being scum, had Chaco and RR pinned, JTB escaped me. Never saw Kat post so couldn't comment on him. Was right or didn't comment on everyone else IIRC, changed DH before I died but never got to out that, should have been quicker but w/e V/LA.

Kat played a similar game to myself and Ryker in Dissidia - just didn't manage to live past that last scum. IMO a good SK's best chance is to kill scum, but it depends on the playerslot.

GJ to Adum.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I thought you were just trolling me. What made you think I was scum?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Haha. I noticed RR had the same exact stances as me. That was his first mistake.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Glad you caught it. In FE I didn't notice RR at all. I was too busy... defending myself lol.

Here I did notice a little... discrepincy. He didn't post much content either.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I wanted to kill beatstick and Nabe for catching my meta. :(

Which is why I pushed a beatstick lynch, still don't get why people bought that at all.

:phone:

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
there was no way i could win this, i thought about claiming miller but i just thought i would get the lynch anyways.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
As for my reads this game, I was wrong on Ranmaru being scum, had Chaco and RR pinned, JTB escaped me. Never saw Kat post so couldn't comment on him. Was right or didn't comment on everyone else IIRC, changed DH before I died but never got to out that, should have been quicker but w/e V/LA.

Kat played a similar game to myself and Ryker in Dissidia - just didn't manage to live past that last scum. IMO a good SK's best chance is to kill scum, but it depends on the playerslot.

GJ to Adum.
I have swiss' approval, my life is complete. In all seriousness, thanks.

Top Bottom