• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Render Shop

DRD

Smash Lord
Um, just a suggestion...save them with no white layer beneath, and the person won't have to get rid of the white themselves. Save it as a .png and it'll show up as just the pic, with no background, much easier to use. People will appreciate it, this is how all pro renderers work. I used to render a bit myself, but I find it a bit tedious and not as fun as sig/banner making...example:

A render I did a long time ago, you'll have to save the image without white on one layer and then a blank layer underneath. Then just use .png format. This one sucks though^

you're pretty good with the renders. Nice job. Just some suggestions to help ya out.

Ami

Smash Ace
Yeah, a lot of people have told me to put it in .png, but I thought Photobucket didn't accept that type of file, so I always had it in .jpeg. Can Photobucket accept .png files?? (Ami knows nothing about Photobucket...) Thanks for the suggestions!

Not bad for your first time, Deathreaver780! Though, the background colour doesn't really complement Shadow and the text is kind of hard to see. Try looking at a colour wheel if you're not sure what colours you should mix together. Also, Tutorials really help with getting you comfortable with the different functions of Photoshop (if that's what you're using). Keep up the good work, though! Don't hesitate to send me some links to your future sigs so I can see 'em!

E123Omega

Smash Lord
Thanks, Seed of Sorrow.

Yeah, I don't like having to erase everything in the background (ugh, pain). It's unecessary work, and you can miss some areas.

1. Okay, I suck at explaining things, so I'll just use E123Omega's picture to show what I mean.

2. I erase only parts around the picture like that. Then I use the lasso tool to surround only Marth. Be careful you have all of Marth (don't want to leave bits behind!). [Once I've lasso-ed Marth, I would press CTRL-X, and then CTRL-Z, and then CTRL-X again (and so on) to compare my cut-out Marth to the un-cut image to see if I left anything behind.]

3. Then, after lasso-ing Marth (if I was a fan girl, I would squeal at that), press CTRL-X to cut him out. Then, press CTRL-A to lasso the whole picture (which is basically all the background left behind) and delete it.

4. Press CTRl-V to paste Marth back in 'ere, and there you go! That's the way I made up ... not sure if there's any other easier way!

I'm not really sure what you mean by leaving "dots around where the excess color was removed", so if what I explained wasn't what you were asking, please correct me.

thanx for rendering the pic
+rep for u!

Ami

Smash Ace
Stryks, do you want all the little speed lines that're coming off of Kirby (the pink, white, and yellow ones, etc)? And the blue glow, too ... ?

Ami

Smash Ace

Wasn't sure what her gun looked like ... !

Actually, if it was okay, I didn't keep the speed lines and the glow ... it looked really bad. I tried to fix the star, but I'm not sure if it made it worse, or better ...

Did you want it with or without flames ... ?

If there's anyting wrong with the renders, just tell me and I'll fix it if I can.

I kept it in .jpeg 'cause it screwed up when I made it .png ... ! Is that supposed to happen?

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Love ya^^. Yup, it's just like I wanted. I tried to render it myself but also had some problems with the dark black background around it.

Ami

Smash Ace
Screwed up in what way?
I don't know quality just got so messed up, and looked really bad ... it shouldn't be like that, though. I'll try again.

I had trouble with this one 'cause there was a lot of black stuff and I couldn't tell what was body and what wasn't ...

I wasn't sure what to do with the glowing green stuff ... glowy see-through stuff are always hard to render.

If there's anything wrong, don't hesitate to tell me.

Yaaay, this time the .pgn files worked ... I think?

Marthmaster92

Smash Champion
Stuck between a parallel dimension of code and you
I don't know quality just got so messed up, and looked really bad ... it shouldn't be like that, though. I'll try again.

I had trouble with this one 'cause there was a lot of black stuff and I couldn't tell what was body and what wasn't ...

I wasn't sure what to do with the glowing green stuff ... glowy see-through stuff are always hard to render.

If there's anything wrong, don't hesitate to tell me.

Yaaay, this time the .pgn files worked ... I think?
what do you mean with the .pgn files? I can make images in that format, but what does it do?:confused: :confused:

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
first cut the whole image then paste it then get rid of the layer called backround. then this is where you use the magic wand. you select the tool then click the white then press C+K and the white is gone.
this is a picture of the program I use called GIMP. the magic wand is circled.

Ami

Smash Ace
Yaay, I've already gotten a rendered copy of that picture, E123Omega! I did it for Saber a while ago! I'm glad I still have it 'cause it took me a really long time ...

This is a really cool picture of Snake.

As usual, if there's a problem, don't hesitate to tell me.

E123Omega

Smash Lord
Yaay, I've already gotten a rendered copy of that picture, E123Omega! I did it for Saber a while ago! I'm glad I still have it 'cause it took me a really long time ...

As usual, if there's a problem, don't hesitate to tell me.
whoops sorry ami i didnt know that

Ami

Smash Ace
Stupid internet ... failing ...

Thanks, MaNCooN, for always being so specific. It makes the job so much easier. Hahaha, I'd never say "STFU NooB" to you, don't worry.

If you're unsatisfied, you know what to do.

PikaAc3

Smash Apprentice
Ami it would be very helpful if you put the renders on a transpartent bg. It makes it eas to take it out and put it in the gfx. They don't need to use the wand tool to export it to the other canvas, and it wont leave a white outline around the figure. Just thought I would give you a few hints.

Top Bottom