• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

reminiscing in the good ol days

Deva

Smash Lord
Yeah, if there's anyone here, just pretty much discuss the greatness that was Link in melee. He sucked, but we made him good. Here we can discuss how we did it and the memories that made it worth the time.

CKaiser

Smash Apprentice
How about actually having recovery options, or if you screwed up, ledge teching was really easy, but I'm still playing melee, so I don't actually miss it.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
or, we could talk about melee link cause he's still here.

One day the smash community will learn that just because a new, completely different game comes out, the old one does die.

It's not like brawl is Melee Turbo, or Melee: Dark Resurrection (that'd be kinda funny, actually).

Deva

Smash Lord
Well, this thread's just here for the long period of time befor people start coming back, if they do. I still play melee too, it just has so much more to offer. But still, gotta keep the fans happy ya know. So I have to play brawl regardless. It's nice though, cuz even though Link still sucks, I've been able to place top 5 at every regional tournament I've been to. I've only been able to do that once with Link in Melee.

Skler

Smash Master
Melee is so awesome, Link in Melee is so awesome. I have way too many fun memories with Melee.

Brawl is boring, I have about 0 motivation to practice it (not that there's anything to practice). Tournaments for Brawl are just straight up boring, I'm not sure if I'm going to bother entering them anymore.

CKaiser

Smash Apprentice
honestly Deva, I thought you had been lost to brawl, guess I underestimated you. I'm gonna say welcome back... hopefully

Renufus

Smash Apprentice
Every time I play Brawl I find myself missing Melee Link. I miss having a Spin Attack that's actually useful and a recovery that isn't utter trash. I can also think of a lot of stuff that needed nerfing before the boomerang.

is it can be melee tiem now plz?

Zodiac

Smash Master
Well, this thread's just here for the long period of time befor people start coming back, if they do. I still play melee too, it just has so much more to offer. But still, gotta keep the fans happy ya know. So I have to play brawl regardless. It's nice though, cuz even though Link still sucks, I've been able to place top 5 at every regional tournament I've been to. I've only been able to do that once with Link in Melee.
Im glad another Link main is Melee>Brawl. I haven't played brawl seriously in a while, I keep practicing melee though. Just dont play brawl to much Deva, it'll screw up your melee game. Yea, I agree, Can it be melee time now? ya know, the better more skilled game? the one where you have to work to win.

Skler

Smash Master
I just learned how ****ing awesome metaknight's tornado is. I'm switching brawl mains to Metaknight's B button. Either that or snake's ftilt, not sure which move I want to spam yet.

Melee (and Brawl) tourny on the 10th! I'm so happy!

Deva

Smash Lord
^^
Lol, that's pretty much how I was for a while. I'd still give Brawl a chance If I were you. I mean, TL's actually really fun to play. I seriously think he's the top tier. He doesn't have anything too broken off the bat like tilts and B moves, but if played right he's nearly impossible to approach or kill. Plus he has Marth combos. It's like Marth with Projectiles, insane edgeguarding, and an amazing recovery....seriouse ****. We really need to play online sometime. I know Link sucks, but I really need to show you some tricks with him. He'll still be boring to play so don't get your hopes up, and he'll still suck, but I found a way to make him playable. I haven't placed below 5th at any Brawl tournament I've attended so It works. I'd really like to share it with you if you'd come back to Brawl Link and leave the Falco/ metaknight lol. I mean, I know you're just trying to make a statement and I agree, just repeat a basic strategy with a broken character and it takes no skill to win, but that's the beauty of Link in either game. Using your wits to beat characters that should win no matter what. It was obviously more rewarding in melee since the top tiers actually took skill to play, but even then, Link has a similar situation in Brawl, just those top tiers take no skill cept Toon Link lol.

Still, screw Brawl. Just give it a chance though. It's not quite as bad as I originally thought. I'm really hoping Melee comes back though, not because of how good Link was or the game itself, but because he was so freakin fun to play. No smash game could ever replace that.

Anyways, we need to get online sometime. I think the strategies I've found might help change your mind. lol, think of it like the super advanced class that only you would understand.

Skler

Smash Master
No offense, but who goes to those brawl tournaments? The ones near me have people like m2k, Cort and PC. Cort is pretty much the best Snake, m2k is the best DDD and PC is an amazing whatever the hell he picks (usually snake). Beating them with Link is pretty much impossible, actually it's brawl so it is impossible unless they SD a few times. Good players using top tier characters don't lose to Link. My Link isn't bad or anything, it can beat plenty of people, I just would rather not think at all and have a better chance of winning.

Brawl teams are also super gay. Me and Thorn (Thorn rarely plays brawl) went falco/zelda (protip: I never really used Zelda before) and placed 5th. I'd stand behind him shooting din's fire while he shot double lasers. The only team we lost to was Darc and Dazwa, twice. All our games vs them were close and we even took a game. Skill hardly matters, it's stupid. I don't even consider myself good at Brawl, I consider myself good at finding broken strategies.

I guess my main problem is my wits don't matter in Brawl. I can't really outwit a tornado spamming metaknight. I might dodge it a few times or hit him with a bomb, but he's just going to tornado again. I can't combo out of any of my ****, so he just mindlessly mashes the B button while I do work and we have a pretty even chance of winning (assuming he's just a decent player who spams tornado, a good one will also use other moves VERY sparingly to throw me off).

Brawl is just depressing, I can not think and hit the b button with a bunch of characters and win, or I can think and use a bunch of different moves and have more of a chance of losing. The lameness involved is astounding. Melee is roughly 10000 times better.

I'd still like to play online though. My Link is pretty old school (plays pretty much the same way it did since the start) but it still does its thing. I don't even like Link dittos in brawl since it resorts to camping the exact same way, unless one person wants to approach to make it fun.

Edit: I'm going to mass madness, don't worry!

Deva

Smash Lord
^^
whoa, calm down, lol. Yeah, Eggz, Silent wolf, Kamaji, Bladewise, they all suck....>_>. Apparently they're not good or I'd be losing horribly with Link right? XD

Anyways, what crappy metaknights are you playing? Spamming B? That's good, but really easy to punish. If the Meta was half competent he'd be spamming up-B. It combos out of most moves he has, has good range, priority, a good cancel that you can attack out of instantly and use similarly to Fox's shine from melee, and gimps characters like crazy since the distance it covers is so great most players second jump after a hit. Heck, I beat Eggz's meta at the last regional. It's not impossible. You just have to think...>_>.

You know what the real problem is? you hate Brawl so much that you won't even give it enough of a chance to use your wits playing Link. I mean, Melee is waaaay better, and I can't blame you. It would seem pretty much impossible if your using a melee style. But that's the thing, Melee Link is not Brawl Link. Chip said when he played you you played really smart but didn't use any of the strategies that made Link playable. That's why it seems so impossible. If we can sit down sometime I'll show you what works. He'll still suck, but like in melee, he'll be playable. Heck, if worst comes to worst, use TL, he's fun to use, a form of Link, and if played right has the potential to be the best.

Teams are weird. Chip and I set up this thing where I stand behind him and full jump arrow second jump arrow land repeat, while he SHDA's in front of me with TL. We call it spam wall, lol. Almost impossible to approach.

I really wish we could play eachother in melee sometime. Epic Link ditto ftw lol. Hopefully FC3'll come around soon.

Skler

Smash Master
^^
whoa, calm down, lol. Yeah, Eggz, Silent wolf, Kamaji, Bladewise, they all suck....>_>. Apparently they're not good or I'd be losing horribly with Link right? XD
Are you saying they're as good as m2k, Cort and PC? I'm just saying the top 5 in tournaments I go to are populated by extremely good players and beating them with Link is almost out of the question. I can still beat the average player at Brawl while using Link, it just so happens that doing so isn't enough for me to place very well.

Anyways, what crappy metaknights are you playing? Spamming B? That's good, but really easy to punish. If the Meta was half competent he'd be spamming up-B. It combos out of most moves he has, has good range, priority, a good cancel that you can attack out of instantly and use similarly to Fox's shine from melee, and gimps characters like crazy since the distance it covers is so great most players second jump after a hit. Heck, I beat Eggz's meta at the last regional. It's not impossible. You just have to think...>_>.

You know what the real problem is? you hate Brawl so much that you won't even give it enough of a chance to use your wits playing Link. I mean, Melee is waaaay better, and I can't blame you. It would seem pretty much impossible if your using a melee style. But that's the thing, Melee Link is not Brawl Link. Chip said when he played you you played really smart but didn't use any of the strategies that made Link playable. That's why it seems so impossible. If we can sit down sometime I'll show you what works. He'll still suck, but like in melee, he'll be playable. Heck, if worst comes to worst, use TL, he's fun to use, a form of Link, and if played right has the potential to be the best.
List moves Link has that hit through tornado aside from the bomb. Meta spams upB at higher %s to KO, not at low %s because the move decay would make it bad at KOing. If the metas you play aren't spamming B moves they aren't doing it right.

I do use my wits when I play Link, I just happen to do better when I spam lasers and CG like a robot. Brawl shouldn't reward me for doing such a simple thing.

You yourself said online is nigh unplayable. Using reactions to stop moves doesn't work online since the delay makes stopping an attack with one of higher priority nearly impossible. My style is one of reacting to what happens, since Link's approach game is so weak, and online messes with that pretty badly.

Toon Link is good, but I hated puff in Melee. If anything I'm going to start using Falco, Snake and Wolf more. In Melee I wasn't a Link user just because he was Link (though I love the Legend of Zelda as much as the next guy), it was mostly because I found that my style worked well with Link and he let me play to my potential. I played Link long before I knew about smashboards because of this, and I still liked the way he worked even when I found he was low tier. I found playing Link fun and it worked. In Brawl I still like using Link, but other characters also fit my style, so I use them too.

Teams are weird. Chip and I set up this thing where I stand behind him and full jump arrow second jump arrow land repeat, while he SHDA's in front of me with TL. We call it spam wall, lol. Almost impossible to approach.
Exactly, spam is still the best strategy. Everyone said Brawl teams could be good, lol. Me and Thorn also figured out a move that would allow for two falcos to shoot a crazy amount of lasers by having one falco do FJ quad lasers and another one in front hopping the last laser while doing SHDLs. It's mindbogglingly annoying to get through such laser spam (especially because we figured out other variations to prevent ground approaches).

I really wish we could play eachother in melee sometime. Epic Link ditto ftw lol. Hopefully FC3'll come around soon.
That'd be pretty awesome. It's too bad FC was cancelled for this summer. Maybe another big tourny is coming around?

Deva

Smash Lord
Are you saying they're as good as m2k, Cort and PC? I'm just saying the top 5 in tournaments I go to are populated by extremely good players and beating them with Link is almost out of the question. I can still beat the average player at Brawl while using Link, it just so happens that doing so isn't enough for me to place very well.
Well, there's not much logic to base that on since this is a new game. You can't base it off melee standards. EC and WC haven't played eachother in any national tournaments yet, so there's no telling who is really good. I'm sure PC, m2k and them are good, or else they would not be winning tournaments, but same goes for the guys I see winning here on WC. It just seems ignorant to make a statement of who'se the best or even good when neither coast has played eachother. I mean for all we know, EC could **** WC to the point where it's not even a competition, or vice versa. I've been placing relatively high imo. I mean, 5th at a 50 person tournament with players that are considered good on WC and beating some of them is pretty good. I really don't think you have a firm grasp of Brawl Link if you play him so much with the melee playstyle, it really doesn't work. And your constant hatred of Brawl leads me to believe you haven't really been trying to get very good with Link. Again, I agree, it's really not worth it while melee's so much better, and I try to attend melee tournaments every opportunity I get, but I really think that's the reason Brawl hasn't been working out for you is for that reason, forcing you to resort to using characters that take no skill to be good since that's pretty much how Brawl works. They're really only broken on a basic level though. It's like Link vs Sheik in melee. Link still is at a huge advantage, but at higher levels of play he had a chance.

List moves Link has that hit through tornado aside from the bomb. Meta spams upB at higher %s to KO, not at low %s because the move decay would make it bad at KOing. If the metas you play aren't spamming B moves they aren't doing it right.
Lol, you don't need much more than bomb. Always keep one in hand and through proper spacing it isn't very difficult to beat a meta that relys on B. up-b isn't generally meant to be a KO move, more so as a combo link and a gimping attack. D-smash is used more often for the kill. If you attack out of the glide, you also have no lag, whereas the B has a little that is easy enough to punish since you know generally when it will end. The only reason I think you don't understand this is that on WC we used to use B a lot too. Recently we've found up-b to be more effective. This match does a pretty good job of showing why.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdGjaYkLN3g

2:05 is **** btw.

I do use my wits when I play Link, I just happen to do better when I spam lasers and CG like a robot. Brawl shouldn't reward me for doing such a simple thing.
I'm sure you do, but you hate the game and subconsciously I'm pretty sure it's affecting your gameplay whether or not you admit it. I only say this because of how good you were at melee, and if you really tried you could pull it off in Brawl too, or else I doubt I would have been able to either. In melee, it took a little more tech skill, but it's really no different from Falco or Sheik in melee. In fact, Falco's like a perfect Hybrid. A character with Falco's lasers, cept a little better, and Sheik's combos, which were almost as easy to pull off in melee.

You yourself said online is nigh unplayable. Using reactions to stop moves doesn't work online since the delay makes stopping an attack with one of higher priority nearly impossible. My style is one of reacting to what happens, since Link's approach game is so weak, and online messes with that pretty badly.
Well, again, In melee Link was all about reactions at higher levels of play. In Brawl it's similar, but there is a much greater emphasis on approach for Link. This is why I think you haven't given him enough time to understand his new playstyle.

Toon Link is good, but I hated puff in Melee. If anything I'm going to start using Falco, Snake and Wolf more. In Melee I wasn't a Link user just because he was Link (though I love the Legend of Zelda as much as the next guy), it was mostly because I found that my style worked well with Link and he let me play to my potential. I played Link long before I knew about smashboards because of this, and I still liked the way he worked even when I found he was low tier. I found playing Link fun and it worked. In Brawl I still like using Link, but other characters also fit my style, so I use them too.
Well, based on this statement, I'd say our discussion has little or no meaning as it completely changes the reasons for what has been stated. Lol, this actually reminds me of a discussion I had recently with HugS. I guess you're kinda like him in that sense. You play the game and get enjoyment based on the playstyle you initially feel from a character. I play based on the character and adapt the playstyle to my own needs. But again, based on that, our past discussion is now based on a completely different view, so my past statements hold little relevence.

Exactly, spam is still the best strategy. Everyone said Brawl teams could be good, lol. Me and Thorn also figured out a move that would allow for two falcos to shoot a crazy amount of lasers by having one falco do FJ quad lasers and another one in front hopping the last laser while doing SHDLs. It's mindbogglingly annoying to get through such laser spam (especially because we figured out other variations to prevent ground approaches).
Yeah, Brawl teams are annoying. Either insane spam or a crazy Meta bat outa hell lol. ^_^

That'd be pretty awesome. It's too bad FC was cancelled for this summer. Maybe another big tourny is coming around?
Yeah, I really hope there's another large melee tournament soon. Melee Link ftw. Blue at that lol.

Skler

Smash Master
I may have explained my reasons for picking Link kind of poorly. The Legend of Zelda was a great series, but I didn't main him in smash 64. However, in Melee he was the first character I played since I loved the Legend of Zelda and didn't like the new pika (my smash 64 main). I guess I had a slight bias towards Link since I liked the character so much. He was the first character I tried and after giving the others a shot I decided he worked the best for me. It's mostly how his style works that makes me like him, liking his character is just a bonus. Playing Link also made me appreciate the legend of zelda more, go figure.

I do hate brawl and have little motivation to practice it, but I understand what I need to do in it. Spam -> shield camp (which is why I don't Brawl Link dittos since the spam is equal) or get outspammed and be forced to harass with clawshots. I just don't feel like improving much in a game that bores me, the only reason to do such a thing is to make money.

I'm going to give Brawl a few more shots to not bore me whenever I play it, but if it fails me more I'll just quit (unless I start to make lots of money off it). I get back from College in about two weeks, I have a good connection at home so we should play then.

There's some big brawl/melee tournament this summer. I forget where it is but I'll try to make it, especially if I can enter only melee, if it makes me waste money on brawl I might not go.

Edit: Back on topic, Link in melee is the ****. Too much fun.

Deva

Smash Lord
Link's got a little more than spam in Brawl. We'll just have to wait till we can play I guess. Hopefully I can change your mind. Anyways, Yeah, Melee Link FTW.

Full hop Nair was Link's best tactic, discuss.

Skler

Smash Master
Wow, **** you Skler, if "good" Meta Knights on EC spam tornado they're really bad. This is what they should be doing:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=EZhaTkaBfbQ <--- second half i was playing bad
http://youtube.com/watch?v=xdGjaYkLN3g <--- HOLY ****ING ****

Eggz is ****ing **** too.
Unless Marth's fair can hit through the tornado you played wrong. You also attacked Marth's shield using moves that aren't the tornado. The tornado is the anti-shield and brawl is a shield camping game, think about it. Spacing fairs doesn't work on marth's shield, nothing meta has but the tornado really does. Each time you hit his shield you should have been grabbed, smashed, faired or hit by an up B.

All is Brawl is silly. I use it for the tio/tia thing. The forums are filled with people who actually think Brawl is better than Melee for tournaments.

M2k once posted and said all I do is jump around and nair. Discuss.

Deva

Smash Lord
Wow, sorry Skler, little uncalled for. I apologize for his sake. Still though, I don't think you understand how easy it is to punsih the tornado. Yeah, it has a broken hit box that you can't hit through unless your Ike, but all you have to do is shield through it, it'll eat away at your shield yes, but every time it ends you get a free hit. Any good player would know how to capitalize on a situation like that, like a good Marth would space a tipper every time, and Meta can't really afford to be hit by even one considering how low of a percent he dies at. also, approaching with fairs is a better option. You can space it so you won't get shield grabbed cuz Marth's grab range sucks in this game. Worst that can happen is getting up-b'd and even that isn't so bad. considering all Marth does is sit in Shield the whole match, but Marth has a really good approach game as well, so I doubt you would see him doing it very much.

All M2k's Fox does is l-cancel to shine, discuss.....>_>

the broken hit box at the end of Link's nair makes him playable at the competetive level, discuss.

Skler

Smash Master
You pick the tornado's length. As it ends you just tap B a few more times and go out of range, or risk it and stay next to their shield for the shieldstab. Besides, if you land behind them the worst they can do is tilt or grab before the lag is done. They have no time to do anything but a quick move due to low lag when you're near the ground. Plus the nado just gets better, after one nado on the shield it's worn down enough for the next twenty to hit as long as you constantly pressure them. It's hard to run from a giant whirling hitbox. Stay low and tornado is the metaknight slogan, primarily because it rhymes.

Link's nair in general is broken. I think it comes out on frame 4 and I know it lasts until the final frame, which is when another nair comes out. ****ing amazing. Discuss.

brdy_

Smash Lord
Pretty sure Marth's Bair can hit MK out of his tornado and his forward B. I've noticed that with the right spacing, most characters with larger disjointed hitboxes (Ike, Marth, even ZSS) can hit MK out of his tornado.

Deva

Smash Lord
Yeah, sorry Skler, but I'm really having doubts about EC if all they do is spam tornado in general. It's really easy to punish, even with me using Link. Heck, pull a bomb and if they get too close, shield, after it ends, throw the bomb lol. After they get hit, pull another. You can control how long tornado lasts, yes, but you can determine that based on how low to the ground Meta is. If he stays generally low to the ground, it ends pretty early. If he floats up quite a bit, it lasts longer. I see WC Meta's rarely if ever use B. They just get punished way too often, and if EC isn't punishing this tactic, I'm really confused as to why not.

I don't remember when, but one day I realized the hit box stayed out the whole time in a full hop nair if you jump out into another. Also the point where I felt Link had a chance in the Fox/ Falco matchup.

If Link continues spamming FH-nairs, Jiggs is screwed. Discuss.

Skler

Smash Master
Intelligent nado spam is ****ing awesome, you can tap B slowly and increase the length while still staying close to the ground (it obviously won't get full length, but it lasts longer than normal). I already explained it isn't all tornados, but the tornado is one of mks best approaches and harassment moves. Meta can get by with 4 moves, tornado, fair and upB + glide attack.

Jiggs isn't entirely screwed, she can actually uair/utilt Link out of the nair. Uairs = rest. As long as you fast fall at random times to throw them off it's pretty safe though. Discuss.

Deva

Smash Lord
Even intellegently spaced tornados can be easily punished. Yeah, you can tap b slowly to lengthen the move, but it doesn't give it a whole lot more length. Unless you start the tornado right in their face, if you approach with it you'll only have time to either hit their shield for a second and then back away, in which case the landing lag will still be punished, or you can stay on their shield, which will also be punished when the move ends. It really isn't logical to use a move with a noticable level of landing lag. I'm having trouble seeing how you don't understand how easy it is to punish Meta when he lands with that little bounce. Tornado might be good to throw in occasionally, but even if you get your opponent in it, they can DI and air dodge out of it anyways. I mean why approach with a move that puts you at that much risk. up-b is totally safe with high priority and little to no landing lag, or even better, combo into it. Alright, well, I guess words won't convince you, so I'll try to make a vid for ya. This discussion isn't really going anywhere at this rate.

Yeah, if the Jiggs is really good they can punish Link for it, but as you said, as long as you mix up the fast falls when you approach with it along with the double jump, and thow in a rang when you land away from Jiggs, it's nearly impossible for her to punish Link.

dash short hop turn boomerang and shffl nair are Link's greatest assets against Marth, discuss.

Skler

Smash Master
I'm off to pick up Darc and Dazwa, yay!

I spam grabs like there's no tomorrow against Marth, since he gets ***** by grabs and his spacing game is equal to Link's grab range. Marth is really fun to play against in spite of his random gimps and good pressure game. I feel like it forces both players to play very different ways since Link's normal spacing doesn't work and it forces Marth to play more aggressively. Fun times are had by all. Discuss.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
What an epic conversation two Link players had begun.

LOL that was a good read though, lmfao @ Deva's and SKler's convo.

Anyways.

The best part of my smash career was getting better with Link. I remeber playing smash everyday right

when i get back from school. Playing against all my friend from 4 pm to like 7pm straight. Also I

remember sharing videos here on smashboards and asking for help.

btw, Link swallows in Brawl, the fact that the "Scrah" spike is gone it ruins the whole purpose of the Spin

Attack.

Deva

Smash Lord
Yes, it's prolly one of my favorite matchups. Link can't space the same way. but Marth has to play like he does against Falco, but different. If Link spaces well with dash short hop rangs, Marth has a rard time approaching. Even if he weapon cancels, Link can jump in instantly with a nair to start a combo, and Link can get some nasty combos on Marth. Marth, in turn has some decent combos on Link, but his edgeguarding is what really gets him. Nice thing is, if played right, it's pretty difficult for Marth to get Link in this situation, making it a fairly even mathup and one that is enjoyable to play.

Bomb throw out of Shield was Link's greatest asset against Falco along with FHnairs. Discuss.

Zodiac

Smash Master
No offense, but who goes to those brawl tournaments? The ones near me have people like m2k, Cort and PC. Cort is pretty much the best Snake, m2k is the best DDD and PC is an amazing whatever the hell he picks (usually snake). Beating them with Link is pretty much impossible, actually it's brawl so it is impossible unless they SD a few times. Good players using top tier characters don't lose to Link. My Link isn't bad or anything, it can beat plenty of people, I just would rather not think at all and have a better chance of winning.
Brawl is just depressing, I can not think and hit the b button with a bunch of characters and win, or I can think and use a bunch of different moves and have more of a chance of losing. The lameness involved is astounding. Melee is roughly 10000 times better.

I'd still like to play online though. My Link is pretty old school (plays pretty much the same way it did since the start) but it still does its thing. I don't even like Link dittos in brawl since it resorts to camping the exact same way, unless one person wants to approach to make it fun.

Edit: I'm going to mass madness, don't worry!
I heard M2K hated brawl and sold his copy. But I feel your pain, anytime I even try to think while playing brawl I get in way more trouble than usual. If I just . Dare i say it, BUTTON MASH, I have way more of a chance of winning.

Anyway, Im going to FC as well so I'll see you guys there!

HiIH

Smash Lord
Stos said:
What an epic conversation two Link players had begun.

LOL that was a good read though, lmfao @ Deva's and SKler's convo.

Anyways.

The best part of my smash career was getting better with Link. I remeber playing smash everyday right

when i get back from school. Playing against all my friend from 4 pm to like 7pm straight. Also I

remember sharing videos here on smashboards and asking for help.
Remember? I STILL do that, though it's at the college. Also it's from 1 to 7 <.<;

Stos said:
btw, Link swallows in Brawl, the fact that the "Scrah" spike is gone it ruins the whole purpose of the Spin

Attack.
Psht, I'm more dissapointed by the lack of knockback. The spike was nice, but the knockback was the bread and butter of "Spin outta shield".

Not to mention that kick *** sound effect.

Deva

Smash Lord
It still works against Meta lol. Up b outa shield actually gets me quite a few kills against him. Prolly one of the only characters it'll kill lol.

Skler

Smash Master
The tape for my second pool in VLS has been delivered safely to Dazwa. The vids will be up...in a few days. In preparation for this momentous occasion I have prepared the following advertisement.

Prepare yourselves for Viva La Smashtaclysm: The Lost Tapes. The ultimate way to relive the glory of Link in Melee!

Join Skler as he travels through his second death pool, featuring KevinM, Cort, N64, Cactuar, Mathos, Hitman and a special (unseen) guest appearance by Azen! Witness the joy, the sadness, the suspense and all of the moments that made VLS a tournament to remember. Viva La Smashtaclysm: The Lost Tapes is perfect for the whole family. Laugh, cry and shout for joy along with thousands of others in the matches critics just can't stop talking about!

"Two Thumbs up" -Ebert

"Moving" -The National Inquirer

"Holy ****, this **** is like, eight months old" -Chicago Times

"You could buy a whole seat, but you'll only need the edge!" -Everyone

"Oh my ****ing god" -Cactuar

Top Bottom