• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Remaking the Smash Bros. series from the ground-up!

ShadicMCGS

Smash Apprentice
I know this is unlikely as all heck, but screw it, Imma put in Knuckles. Every other character that was scrapped from Project M is in our roster, so why not put in the character that actually made it into a mod.
View attachment 375762
Fine if you don't want Knuckles as a playable character (for now), we'll just include him as an Assist Trophy.

darkvortex

Smash Lord
  1. Bob-omb
  2. Freezie
  3. Metal Box
  4. Bunny Hood
  5. Heart Container
  6. Maxim Tomato
  7. Warp Star
  8. Super Scope
  9. Smart Bomb
  10. Bumper
  11. Beam Sword
  12. Home-Run Bat

Grey Fox
Acts like in Brawl

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
Apologies for the delay, here are the nominations for new items and assist trophies!

Items:
  • Cracker Launcher
  • Shield Monitor
  • Deku Nut
  • Grapple Beam
Assist Trophies:
  • Mr. Resetti (Animal Crossing)
  • Chain Chomp (Super Mario)
  • Opa Opa (Fantasy Zone)
  • Ephraim & Eirika (Fire Emblem)
  • Saki (Sin & Punishment)
  • Knuckles (Sonic the Hedgehog)
  • Grey Fox (Metal Gear)
Vote for your top 2 items and top 3 assist trophies, with yours below 1st:

Items:
  1. Shield Monitor
  2. Grapple Beam
Assist Trophies:
  1. Grey Fox
  2. Saki
  3. Mr. Resetti
I have to ask: Are we done with choosing the stages? I might start making the visual roster if we're done.
We still have 7 stages left to decide. On that subject...

Job #69: Submit a new stage from a Nintendo game released on the Nintendo GameCube

Job #70: Submit a new stage from a Nintendo game released on the Nintendo DS

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Job #69: Rovias Mansion

Job #70: Waluigi Pinball

Assist Trophies:
  1. Gray Fox
  2. Opa Opa
  3. Saki
BTW, since we have 7 stages left, can two of them be from a Konami franchise without playable representation and a SEGA franchise without playable representation? Also, does content from Rare count as third party even though this is the timeline where Nintendo bought them out? Because I swear I remember a post suggesting the idea of a third 3rd party character.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Shield Monitor
Cracker Launcher

Knuckles
Grey Fox
Ephraim and Eirika

I’ll renominate Toy Dream from Mario Party 5.

Also, I’ll nominate Ice Island from Kirby Squeak Squad.
KSqS Ice Island - Stage 3.png

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Job #69: Rovias Mansion

Job #70: Waluigi Pinball

Assist Trophies:
  1. Gray Fox
  2. Opa Opa
  3. Saki
BTW, since we have 7 stages left, can two of them be from a Konami franchise without playable representation and a SEGA franchise without playable representation? Also, does content from Rare count as third party even though this is the timeline where Nintendo bought them out? Because I swear I remember a post suggesting the idea of a third 3rd party character.
I think we chose not to do. Third 3rd party

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Job 69: Wilderness (Cubivore: Survival of the Fittest)
cubi vore.png

As a stage, Wilderness could be flat with platforms and changing between environments.

Like Smashville and Distant Planet, the world of the source game would be visible in the background with the Cubivores; some being peaceful, others fighting, and hunting their prey.

All platforms of this stage would be composed of cubes, squares, and rectangular prisms; all textured with patterns ripped straight from Cubivore.

The floor of the main platform would have patches of grass, which obscures any part of a character’s model that overlaps with it.

Basic platform shapes and textures would bear strict resemblance to those from the game.

Perhaps the stage could play host to a gimmick. In the original game, Wildabugs had to be eaten in order to restore raw wilderness to sections of the world, which are at first devoid of colour and inaccessible.

To reflect this, at times, certain parts of the stage would be whited out, and would function as if they didn’t exist.
(For example, you’d fall right through a platform).

Wildabugs would occasionally appear on the stage, and if defeated by a player before it disappears, the portion of the stage would be restored.

doubutsu1-232975.jpg

Another occasional occurrence would be the appearance of any kind of several stock Cubivore mutations seen here, of the five basic colour types featured in the game.

When these beasts wander onto the stage, they'll violently attack the fighters, attempting to eat and kill them.

The player would have to fight back, if the attacking beast is defeated, it leaves one of its limbs to be consumed, which heals off damage for the player.

Job 70: Ocean Voyage (Zelda: Phantom Hourglass)
006.png

Stage would be pretty much like the Pirate Ship from Brawl except more different such as having a Ghost Ship appear to attack.

ShadicMCGS

Smash Apprentice
Job #69 (nice): GameCube Stage
1692568777464.png

Pirate Ship from Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, I just looked at the best-selling GameCube games and chose the game that wasn't represented yet.

Job #70: Nintendo DS Stage
1692568974202.png

Night Walk from Rhythm Heaven; there would be one long platform that connects three of those squares, with additional smaller ones at the sides.

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
Items:
  • Cracker Launcher - 1
  • Shield Monitor - 9
  • Deku Nut - 6
  • Grapple Beam - 2
Assist Trophies:
  • Mr. Resetti - 2
  • Chain Chomp - 2
  • Opa Opa - 5
  • Ephraim & Eirika - 1
  • Saki - 5
  • Knuckles - 8
  • Grey Fox - 13
Shield Monitor and Deku Nut are our first new items, and Gray Fox, Knuckles, Saki, and Opa-Opa are our first new assist trophies!

GameCube Game Stages:
  • Rovias Mansion (Eternal Darkness)
  • Toy Dream (Mario Party 5)
  • Wilderness (Cubivore)
  • Pirate Ship (Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker)
DS Game Stages:
  • Waluigi Pinball (Mario Kart DS)
  • Ice Island (Kirby Squeak Squad)
  • Ocean Voyage (Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass)
  • Night Walk (Rhythm Heaven)
My votes are:
  • GameCube stage: Rovias Mansion
  • DS stage: Night Walk
Job #71: Submit a new stage from a Rare series without playable representation

Job #72: Submit a new stage from a Konami series without playable representation

Job #73: Submit a new stage from a Sega series without playable representation

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Job 71: Turbo Tunnel (Battletoads)
images (28) (19).jpeg

Probably the most infamous stage in the series due to the sudden spike in difficulty, it is merely a taste of what's to come...

The fighters battle on the Speeder Bikes zooming along the track with barriers, ramps, floating barriers, floating ramps, and Rocket Rats as the stage starts to speed up getting dangerous...

Job 72: Silent Hill (Silent Hill)
James-in-fog.jpg

Taking place in the iconic spooky town, the fighters battle through the foggy streets while under attack by the many iconic monsters roaming around.
(Also Pyramid Head making appearances in the background dragging his big old knife)

Job 73: Bay City (Crazy Taxi)
images (28) (20).jpeg

A San Francisco inspired city fighting on taxis racing through downtown, uptown, the beach, and hills of the city while causing absolute hilarity and traffic jam pile ups everywhere of utter chaotic nonsensical insanity.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Job 72: Dracula's Castle
IMG_2492.png

Works how it does in canon.

Music (bold denotes a new remix)
  1. Vampire Killer
  2. Bloody Tears
  3. Wario Blast ft. Bomberman
  4. Frogger Medley

Job 73: Space Symphony (Space Channel 5)
IMG_2493.jpeg

This stage takes place on the eponymous luxury starship. There are two platforms above the gaps on both sides of the stage. Occasionally, Ulala and Shadow (not the hedgehog, the man in the picture) will engage in a dance battle and the two platforms will move offscreen. Shadow’s dance moves indicate which projectiles are about to fall, which they do when Ulala copies those moves.
  • Chu paralyzes a fighter
  • Up causes a shield stun
  • Down spikes a fighter
  • Left freezes a fighter and launches them to the left
  • Right simply launches a fighter to the right with far knockback no matter how high their % is
Music (bold denotes a new remix)
  1. Mexican Flyer
  2. Space Harrier
  3. Ride the Tiger
  4. Theme of the Magician

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Rare - Blast Corps

Wanted to go with a game unlikely to get a playable rep so sorry conker, ki, & perfect dark. Would battle on a demolition site that will have hazards & be altered by some of the games vehicles.

Konami - Frogger

Loose interpretation of the games iconic hazardous roads & rivers as well as safe zones (purple sidewalks?)

Sega - Spring Valley (Nights)

Series is about to get a wii exclusive sequel. This is one of the iconic opening areas of the game that also saw a holiday themed varient that it would be cool to see implemented as well if possible.

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
  • GameCube stage: Wilderness
  • DS stage: Night Walk

viva-pinata-review.jpg

Piñata Island (Viva Piñata)
We're already playing fast and loose, let's just say this game go out out on Wii here. You fight in a garden full of colourful plants and Pinata's waddling around. New plants and trees will grow and change the layout slightly.

Can't think of a Konami stage. Worth noting they don't own Bomberman yet

1_l2WP40I.jpg

Monkey Jungle (Monkey Ball)
Players fight on a tilting platform as those loveable little monkeys roll around in the background. the stage will slope and twist as the primaries do puzzles in the back, making for a fun crazy stage.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Pirate Ship
Night Walk

Screenshot

For my Sega stage, I’ll nominate Blizzard Castle from Billy Hatcher.

SSF2 Bomb Factory
For my Konami stage, I’ll nominate Bomb Factory from Bomberman

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
GameCube Stages:
  • Rovias Mansion (Eternal Darkness) - 1
  • Toy Dream (Mario Party 5) - 1
  • Wilderness (Cubivore) - 2
  • Pirate Ship (Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker) - 1
DS Stages:
  • Waluigi Pinball (Mario Kart DS) - 0
  • Ice Island (Kirby Squeak Squad) - 0
  • Ocean Voyage (Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass) - 0
  • Night Walk (Rhythm Heaven) - 5
Wilderness and Night Walk have been added!

Rare Stages:
  • Turbo Tunnel (Battletoads)
  • Blast Corps (Blast Corps)
  • Piñata Island (Viva Piñata)
Konami Stages:
  • Silent Hill (Silent Hill)
  • Dracula's Castle (Castlevania)
  • Frogger (Frogger)
  • Bomb Factory (Bomberman) - technically, Hudson Soft hadn't been bought out by Konami at the time of Brawl's release, but I can still see the rights to use content from the Bomberman series as being negotiable for this hypothetical version of Brawl.
Sega Stages:
  • Bay City (Crazy Taxi)
  • Space Symphony (Space Channel 5)
  • Spring Valley (Nights into Dreams)
  • Monkey Jungle (Super Monkey Ball)
  • Blizzard Castle (Billy Hatcher)
My votes are:
  • Rare stage: Piñata Island
  • Konami stage: Frogger
  • Sega stage: Bay City
Job #74: Submit a new Assist Trophy from a Nintendo series with a fighter
Nintendo Assist Trophy: Kecleon (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon)
View attachment 374839
Kecleon will set up shop in the area he was summoned, causing items to spawn around him. However, if a fighter other than the one who summoned him takes one of those items, Kecleon will pursue the thief furiously, causing heavy damage if he catches up to them.

Not sure if this is a valid Assist Trophy submission, considering that the Pokémon series already has its own dedicated assist item (the Pokéball), but I wanted to provide some representation for one of the more prominent Pokémon spinoffs, and I figured that the nature of said spinoff (namely that it takes place in a world where Pokémon are the dominant species, humans don't appear as themselves but are transformed into Pokémon, and Pokéballs don't seem to exist outside of the Pokémon based on them) made the assist more suited for the Assist Trophy item than the Pokéball item.
I'm going with one of my nominations from the Revised Brawl thread: Kecleon from the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon games.

Job #75: Submit a new Assist Trophy from a Nintendo series without a fighter
1692688224253.png

For this one, I'll nominate Takamaru from The Mysterious Murasame Castle, who functions like in 3DS/Wii U and Ultimate.

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Piñata Island
Dracula's Castle
Monkey Jungle

KatAnaSmash.png

Kat & Ana
Works like in Smash.

NintendogAssist.png

Nintendogs
Works like Brawl.

ShadicMCGS

Smash Apprentice
Stage Votes:
  • Rare Stage: Turbo Tunnel
  • Konami Stage: Dracula's Castle
  • Sega Stage: Monkey Jungle - Mainly because Monkey Ball has been a launch title for several consoles in several regions
Job #74:
1692699811067.png

I'm tempted to do Shadow just for the heck of it, but I ended up doing the Burrowing Snagret from Pikmin.

Job #75:
1692699832148.png

Ik Great Tiger was just suggested, but I think it makes sense for Little Mac to be an Assist first.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Pinata Island
Silent Hill
Bay City

Joanna Dark

Since Rare is on the table & series sequel was recently released she would be a good candidate. Similar to Staryu but shots would be slower & she will continue to follow nearest opponent around

Darknut

Was a very recurring enemy/sub-boss at the time, would work similar to black knight.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Turbo Tunnel
Dracula’s Castle
Monkey Jungle
Black Knight PoR.png
I’ll nominate Black Knight, and he’d act like in Ultimate.
A male Villager from the Animal Crossing games.
Villager would act like Isabelle in For.

Last edited:

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
Rare Stages:
  • Turbo Tunnel - 3
  • Blast Corps - 0
  • Piñata Island - 4
Konami Stages:
  • Silent Hill - 2
  • Dracula's Castle - 4
  • Frogger - 1
  • Bomb Factory - 0
Sega Stages:
  • Bay City - 2
  • Space Symphony - 1
  • Spring Valley - 1
  • Monkey Jungle - 3
  • Blizzard Castle - 0
Piñata Island, Dracula's Castle, and Monkey Jungle have been added!

Assists from series with fighters:
  • Kecleon
  • Kat & Ana
  • Burrowing Snagret
  • Darknut
  • Black Knight
Assists from series without fighters:
  • Takamaru
  • Nintendog
  • Sukapon
  • Little Mac
  • Joanna Dark