• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Religions of Brawl Characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unownasofyet

Smash Rookie
NOTICE: I will be reporting ANY discriminant posts.

This was an idea taken off of a GameFAQs thread, but it still is an interesting topic.
I would say:

Mario and Luigi:
Roman Catholicism. They are both Italian, so this would be a good bet.

Link, Zelda/Sheik, and Toon Link:
Polytheistic

Captain Falcon and Ganondorf:
Egotheistic (the worship of yourself)

Samus:
Atheist

Yoshi, DK, and DidK:
Hindu

Lucario:
Buddhist

Marth and Ike:
Some form of Christianity

Most of the other characters I can't decide on.

D

Deleted member

Olimar is obviously Jewish. Check out that nose.

I'm sure the LoZ characters follow some kind of pagan religion XD.

EDIT: HO! SAME TIME POST!

xX Boezy Xx

Smash Journeyman
Ganondorf would also be egotheistic.
I mean, c'mon, he called himself a God in order to control Zant's mind in Twilight Princess.

JediKnightLuigi

Smash Apprentice
Actually, the 'embracing of his brother's shadow' means Luigi's a Protestant just to spite Mario.
Specifically, he's a member of the state-supported Norwegian Lutheran Church. :p

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
Hmmm... The Wind Waker takes place anywhere between a few centuries to a thousand years after OoT, while WW and TP theoretically take place at the same time, just on a different timeline.... Knowing that, religion has obviously evolved over time from Hyrule to the Great Sea. Well, we know that both have a multi-god/goddess system, so they aren't Christian. They obviously have their own religion separate from any real world faiths.

/Zelda nerd

Viktormoros

Smash Rookie
Mr. Game and Watch is obviously Jewish as well. His nose is just as big as Olimar's, and who's to say that hardhat smash isn't really a yamaka?
(and to the comment it's offending to Jews, I could consider myself in a jewish family from my other relatives, and they wouldn't find it offensive.)
EDIT again: Hell I have a semi-larger nose too.

Johnthegalactic

Smash Lord
Fox is a mammalian, he worships animals like those scary people who run around in animal masks(when it is not Halloween).
Wolf is a mammalian, but he knows Jesus, just like Forrest Gump, hes going to heaven.
Falco is a Pastafairinist.

JiangWei23

Smash Journeyman
Hm...what about Sonic? I guess it'd be some form of worshiping the Chaos Emeralds, seeing as how they "embody life" and all that. In older times "Chaos" was a god that was worshiped.

Then again, Sonic himself attains godlike powers once he gets the Chaos Emeralds (Anybody remember the wall mural on Angel Island that showed Sonic fighting Dr. Robotnik?)

So my guess:

Sonic: Chaos Emeralds/Super Sonic(?)

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
@OP

You are very irresponsible if you wish to bring up religion into this message board, and then turn around and expect people to not be discriminatory. If you make a topic, you should consider that if something is potentially inflammatory and if it is then don't make it. But do not come here, make something that could make someone mad, then put out a disclaimer that you'll report offending posts when you made a subject that could potentially offend people.

It is like shouting "FIRE!" in a movie theatre then if someone tramples another while escaping then only the one who trampled the other gets arrested and not the one who shouted "FIRE!" in the first place.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Ness and Lucas seem to be brought up in suburban America and scream Baptist or Methodist

Sonic is laid back and seems to be almost a hippie attitude so probably buddhist or humanism

JCav

Smash Lord
ok if this offends anybody i apoligize, but wario- jewish. big nose, fat, greedy, rich

volbound1700

Smash Master
We need a Muslim character. The Jewish stuff is borderline offensive but this thread isn't meant to be offensive.

JiangWei23

Smash Journeyman
Sonic is laid back and seems to be almost a hippie attitude so probably buddhist or humanism
Sonic as Buddhist? Really? I don't know, Sonic's portrayal has always been:

-An "attitude"
-Free spirited/doesn't like to be tied down
-Sense of justice that won't let him sit by and do nothing

Plus his ADD. Could you really see Sonic meditating quietly, or preaching peaceful non-involvement?

The closest belief/religion in our world that I see Sonic following is your other one you mentioned, humanism (hedgehogism?) where you believe in yourself, etc etc. Other than that, I'd say atheist or Flying Spaghetti Monsterism. :laugh:

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Snake is probably Christian since he's a white American male. Not to be stereotypical, but hell, dont tell me that's not probably the best answer.

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
Pit is obviously one of the big 3 monotheistic religions (Christianity, Judiaism, Islam).

Kirby's a toddler who knows nothing about religion.

The Pokemon worship their trainers.

Bowser is Egotheistic.

PCHU

Smash Lord
Ike MUST be Christian.
I mean, his sword looks like a cross (But don't a good majority of two handed blades?).
He has abnormal power [modern day (or middle-age day) Samson]
He fights for his friends (I'm guessing love your neighbor as yourself, he fights for himself AND his neighbors simply because they exist, and...well, I hope you get it...)
But, one problem.
You won't get any sympathy from me.
That's a pretty mean line for you, Ike.
Go and sit in the corner.

I think that Ness is Christian as well.
PK Flash sounds more like PK Cross to me.

And Pokmemon worship whatever legendary is in their region.
Or in their trainer's possession.

Lucas.....is Christian, but apparently one with little faith.

Not sure about the SA's, but I'm guessing they're Christian.

Bowser.....man, I don't know.
He's not evil, he's just a stupid evil.
I don't know.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Ice Climbers seem Christian (Russian) or ****** Native religion.

King Dedede seems to worship himself or is not concerned with religion.

Metaknight seems Christian since he is chivalrous and follows medieval European Code.

Who haven't we got?

Pink-eye

Smash Apprentice
ice climbers are hippies, they just live free and do what they love, which is climbing mountains, and none of their moves hurt the enviroment (blocks of ice, and the snow breeze), unlike someone else in brawl *glares at rob and his not so enviroment friendly up-B recovery*

JiangWei23

Smash Journeyman
Peach is probably some unexpected religion. Satanist?
*remembers Nightmare Zombie Peach, ally of Pikaman*

Y-you know, I think you're right. 0_0

As for Pokemon and Pokemon Trainer...wouldn't it make more sense for them to follow Dialga/Palkia, Pokemon of Time and Space, along with Arceus, creator of the universe? They have statues built of D/P, and even a church.

Iron Thorn

Smash Lord
Going to Gamelon. I'm taking the Triforce of Spag
THREAD NEWCOMER: Catholic Poster

Mario and Luigi are the only ones who could be considered Catholic. Also, lol at Luigi being Protestant to spite Mario.

Link and Zelda are the Din-Nayru-Farore breed of paganism. Not that paganism bothers me, just the scary Wiccans who are borderline delusional and hold grudges.

Pit can't be Christian, he follows and worships Palutena, the goddess of light. (apparently if you worship a male deity you're monotheistic and thus kosher but it you worship a female deity you're a d*mn dirty pagan, GTFO. Funny how it works that way.)

Wolf is obviously atheist. He doesn't want any God getting in the way of his monies and crime.

The problem with Lucas and Ness being Christian is that all Christian authorities believe that attempting to use magic/psychic powers is being power-hungry, not trusting God, and most importantly CONNECTED TO THE DEVIL, as if the only two sources of supernatural power were God and Satan (that's pretty true in the real-life world, but in video game universes magic/psychic abilities can come from ballpoint pens or whatever.

Snake is probably not Christian, at least not the go-to-church kind.

Wario isn't a Jew. He's the reincarnation of a renaissance clergyman - greedy, Italian, and concerned with getting as rich as possible.

More on this after the weather.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
DK and Diddy are from Africa so they're either Christian or Muslim (only counting big religons).

Wario is Jewish. Guess why. Snake might be Jewish too. In the Metal Gear Solid book he says "Mazel Tov" and Konami did check over the book and stuff.

volbound1700

Smash Master
THREAD NEWCOMER: Catholic Poster

Mario and Luigi are the only ones who could be considered Catholic. Also, lol at Luigi being Protestant to spite Mario.

Link and Zelda are the Din-Nayru-Farore breed of paganism. Not that paganism bothers me, just the scary Wiccans who are borderline delusional and hold grudges.

Pit can't be Christian, he follows and worships Palutena, the goddess of light. (apparently if you worship a male deity you're monotheistic and thus kosher but it you worship a female deity you're a d*mn dirty pagan, GTFO. Funny how it works that way.)

Wolf is obviously atheist. He doesn't want any God getting in the way of his monies and crime.

The problem with Lucas and Ness being Christian is that all Christian authorities believe that attempting to use magic/psychic powers is being power-hungry, not trusting God, and most importantly CONNECTED TO THE DEVIL, as if the only two sources of supernatural power were God and Satan (that's pretty true in the real-life world, but in video game universes magic/psychic abilities can come from ballpoint pens or whatever.

Snake is probably not Christian, at least not the go-to-church kind.

Wario isn't a Jew. He's the reincarnation of a renaissance clergyman - greedy, Italian, and concerned with getting as rich as possible.

More on this after the weather.
Actually I watch sometimes shows about haunted house and true ghost stories and the phsycis all believe in demonic entities and the Catholic Church and stuff. So phsyics always seem to be Catholic (Ness and Lucas).

jakeadactyl

Smash Apprentice
all teh bad guyz r teh muzlims cuz teh r teh baddezt nd suck becuz they r all teh terr0ristz nd r bad. so liek b0wz3r nd g4n0n nd w0lf are muzlim nd fale

Iron Thorn

Smash Lord
Going to Gamelon. I'm taking the Triforce of Spag
Actually I watch sometimes shows about haunted house and true ghost stories and the phsycis all believe in demonic entities and the Catholic Church and stuff. So phsyics always seem to be Catholic (Ness and Lucas).
So, you're telling me all the TV psychics are Catholic?

I'm surprised the pope hasn't said anything about this yet.

Unless you could clarify what you mean for me, which would be nice. Plus, most psychic merchandise is marketed to Wiccans.

On topic, Samus is probably an agnostic. "There's somebody out there, but they probably have a grudge against me."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom