• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

REGISTER for MLG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
We are in MLG now, and I would really, really love to see us return each and every year. One of our selling points has always been the ability to get bodies out there, but right now with this tournament it is really not looking that way. MLG runs this tournament with no support from Nintendo and they can't get a livestream up either. Part of our inclusion in the circuit is our ability to get people out to events, and if we can't do that then our ability to be on the Pro Tour next season will be in jeopardy. If you know someone who is interested in coming out to the event, or you have a car coming down/up from somewhere with space for another person or two, please reach out to others and see if they can make it for the event. I'd really love to see some huge attendance from the North East/South East, since this area is really <10 hour drive for most people in that area. I've made those long car trips for tournaments like COT4/Pound, so I know they are totally doable on the cheap.

I'm aware the timing for this event hasn't been superb considering Apex, but we really have to get as many people out to this as possible. Anyone from NC, if you could get your local scene more into it since they are the most likely to be able to register last minute, or maybe put a flier up or something at a LAN center TODAY, that would be a huge help.

Once again, registration closes in just a couple days (August 23). Please register as soon as possible. I do not want us to have a huge blemish on our attendance record when it comes time for them to evaluate whether we make it onto the tour next season.

REGISTER HERE!
EVERYONE Register for MLG so that there IS an MLG in the future. We still have 4 days left

Bones0

Smash Legend
Not gonna lie, I'm definitely not a fan of Brawl, but I'd rather not see it knocked off the MLG circuit cause it's the closest thing to Melee being on the circuit that we are gonna get. It's also mad frustrating that Nintendo won't let MLG live stream their game. WTF kind of stuck up attitude is that? You're basically telling your fans that they are playing the game the wrong way. What a sad excuse for a company that claims to be loyal to its fans desires.

Deathknight

Smash Ace
Take a look at how they ran the national tournament when Brawl first came out. All items on, Wii mote/nunchuck only... what kind of crap is that? Sakurai hates competitive players plain and simple which is probably one of the reasons the tournament was ran the way it was. Nintendo doesn't care about us, they just want it so grandpa can play. Anyways, if MLG was serious about keeping the competitive gaming scene alive they'd listen to the community. From what I've heard, all the tvs at the tournaments have lag which is terrible. I've also heard their excuse for not bringing Melee back is the hardware is not available. Yeah.... go to any gamestop and they have a stockpile of used gamecubes and copies of Melee. If they were serious about getting attendance like tournaments like Apex they'd at least make an effort to make sure the TVs were lag free and bringing Melee back would be an added bonus to their attendance.

How do you main a mushroom?
But if you want a serious answer, by buying a premium account and removing the character under your name option.

But look at our community. Look at our tournament scene and look at how much Nintendo supports us. Our tournament scene is as good as or even better than half of the fighting game communities that have their companies backing them up. We don't need Nintendo or a really big profit companyto get amazing tournaments running (Genesis, Pound, Apex).[/motivation]

Bones0

Smash Legend
But if you want a serious answer, by buying a premium account and removing the character under your name option.

But look at our community. Look at our tournament scene and look at how much Nintendo supports us. Our tournament scene is as good as or even better than half of the fighting game communities that have their companies backing them up. We don't need Nintendo or a really big profit companyto get amazing tournaments running (Genesis, Pound, Apex).[/motivation]
Brawl does, tbqh. I can see a lot of people coming back to Melee if it gets the boot just like I'm sure a lot of people decided to stick with Brawl more since MLG announced they would have Brawl tournaments.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
wait is MLG really thinking about dropping brawl if just one circuit has lousy attendance?
the past circuits i thought brawl attendance owned!

King~

Smash Champion
i dont think they are, they just dont want to give them the opprotunity to have that thought.

cause the first 2 events where tight, this one just gettin ***** by location and date.

Debugger

Smash Rookie
Brawl in all honesty, is a great game for competitive play. Leaving it from the MLG circuit would be a great insult to many good players who want their shot in the MLG circuit.

Damage Points

Smash Ace
Raleigh is a good city. Its between
Ny and Fl. Last event in nc was Charlotte a few years back. It was actually first event of the season andit was huge. Nc isn't the problem. Halo is selling out regardless. Mlg doesn't make their tournament schedule around if there another smash tournament near there date. They don't care about pound or apex being to close. Its def not NC location its poor *******s who don't have a job or decided to go to another event and complain they cant come. Get a job quit complaining and come.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Well luckily for MLG I bought a pass and wanted a refund (not in the first place but I realized I couldn't go) but didn't know about the policy so, there. : ]

Never again, though.

But yeah, only way we can have a good scene going, is if we get it going. Meaning that we just have to live with the fact nintendo won't care...

I'll still host tournies for melee if I can in the future, who cares about nintendo.

Plus I don't like Mario Galaxy. BLEH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom