• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Regional rankings ~ The rankings are going through updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenblob

Smash Lord
Normally, I wouldn't be against something like this, but the ITT can quickly turn into a stall. You don't HAVE to escape the grab and you're stuck there indefinitely until one gives in.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Well i would just escape, camp and shdl, spam fireballs etc. Eventually if u keep escaping then no damage done :D

greenblob

Smash Lord
I meant escape the grab, not escape the trap.

This is what the ITT looks like: DK grabs, other person button mashes out, DK grabs again immediately afterwards, other person button mashes, etc. And since each time you grab with DK you deal 6%, the damage adds up.

The main problem with this is that if you don't button mash, you don't escape the grab. So basically, the DK player waits for the opponent to button mash so he can start the ITT and the other person waits for the DK player to throw because he doesn't want to deal with the ITT. And then the game is stalled indefinitely.

ant-d

Smash Lord
It's not a stall if you escape properly. DK cannot grab again, well at least in the position the opponent is in.

If you don't escape then that's your choice. The DK player can mess up, especially online where there is lag and inconsistency with speed.

Remember the most important thing is that you can escape and its not infinite >.<
It just depends on the players skill, as do most things.

greenblob

Smash Lord
Well, I guess my main gripe is that if the stall thing goes on, it's hard to blame someone. With normal camping and stalling, it's easy to see who's to blame. For example, when a Fox user spams SHDL on Hyrule's main platform while the other player uses the left sloped platform for cover--if this goes on for a while, it's easy to see that the Fox user is to blame (note: I have nothing against projectiles; I'm only illustrating a case in which one can stall the game). Should the DK have to throw after a certain amount of time? Or perhaps the person playing the grabbed character must button mash? Who is to blame once the stalling begins?

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Why would you blame the Fox? I laser spam all the time, and people still manage to find ways around it.
On an amusing, halfway related note, someone said I cheated with my lasers, what's up with that eh?

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Nope. No time limit. I'l post rules soon

Edit : Lol I laser spam to. Usally in fox ditto its easy to start combos on the lower foxes. They end up shining (Not quick shining) And then after u laser go after them and combo them to death XP

greenblob

Smash Lord
I'm not saying laser spamming is bad. I'm just saying that if a Fox decides to repeatedly SHDL and the other person finds cover somewhere and decides to not come out until the Fox does something else and then this turns into a stall, the Fox is to blame for the 10+ minute match.

ant-d

Smash Lord
There's no time limit. Who cares about blaming, it isn't about that.

Just don't get grabbed anyways, pick a stage where there are platforms, counterpick to a character who cant get chain grabbed by DK... On dreamland and hyrule there are hazards which can mess up the chain grab technique etc etc

There are many options other than outright banning a useful technique which is as valid as any other.

Have you made a decision whether to allow it or not?

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
...Why not? It's a viable strategy. Wasn't Isai doing it vs. the Japanese players?

ant-d

Smash Lord
I didn't say it was my plan to use this technique. I just want all techniques to be allowed.

Oh and I like to use it on Euro Kirby players.

greenblob

Smash Lord
Eh...I guess I don't like it because I've fought quite a few DKs who do this and during those matches I chose to not escape the grab. I remember that in one match, I got grabbed, and then, after waiting about a minute or so, went to the bathroom, played some Metroid, and then came back to find that nothing had changed other than the appearance of a few vulgar words in the chat box.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Dre told me it stands for Infinite Throw trap. And I cant really ban it cuss its kinda like a style. So if i banned that i could ban the pika's that grab and side smash all the time and all that. And im not gonna ban styles. It stays once again :D

Rupus

BRoomer
BRoomer
Normally, I wouldn't be against something like this, but the ITT can quickly turn into a stall. You don't HAVE to escape the grab and you're stuck there indefinitely until one gives in.
How can it be stalling if there's no time limit? There's nothing to gain out of it for either person.

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
Why would the ITT be banned? That's part of being DK, just like lasers are a part of fox, pika's tail is a part of pika, up tilt is a part of kirby, rest is a part of jiggs and so on. Everything should be open game, since every player has the option to pick any character it's your fault for not being that character.

JaimeHR

Smash Ace
Why would the ITT be banned? That's part of being DK, just like lasers are a part of fox, pika's tail is a part of pika, up tilt is a part of kirby, rest is a part of jiggs and so on. Everything should be open game, since every player has the option to pick any character it's your fault for not being that character.
True, banning a move/strategy is as good as banning the character itself.

btw i challange Darth Fox xP... BEEF!Man! is looking for you :p.

ant-d

Smash Lord
Because I once read a post by Sensei in his tournament topic where he said something about DK can only grab a certain number of times. I don't know what was finally decided on.

Rupus

BRoomer
BRoomer
•Advanced Slob Picks - Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go to random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may change characters
So the loser gets to choose a stage that's good for him AND counterpick? o_O

felix45

Smash Lord
hmmm well I am a bit confused. when I first looked at it I thought it meant repick of stage but it just says repick so if it means character switch I'm fine with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom