• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reddit’s First Tier List

T3RT1S

Level Up!
NNID
pokeLogZ
4A1007D6-1E63-48AE-AE9A-7558689E8DB8.jpeg

Source

They made this tier list by casting votes so its basically a popularity contest.

How is chrom below marth and lucina, Chrom doesnt need a sweetspot and he has a max air speed of 1.302 compared to marths and lucinas 1.071, the only flaw about him is his recovery and that can be used for a suicide.

Necro'lic

Smash Ace
I see Mii Swordfighter down there...

That's about all I need to see this list is nothing more than just a misinformed/popularity based poll.

Quick_S

Smash Rookie
View attachment 184686
Source

They made this tier list by casting votes so its basically a popularity contest.

How is chrom below marth and lucina, Chrom doesnt need a sweetspot and he has a max air speed of 1.302 compared to marths and lucinas 1.071, the only flaw about him is his recovery and that can be used for a suicide.

General thoughts from looking at this:

How the **** is Marth and Lucina equal to inkling on any level???? Also, Marth is worse then Lucina by maybe even a whole tier.

They buffed Wii fit a lot she isn't bottom tier anymore.
Smash/dark Samus are actually really good in this game.
Zero suit got hella nerfed in this game.
I like how dr Mario is a whole 2 tiers bellow Mario when Mario got nerfed into the ground.
I believe that Link and young link are equal.
Diddy got nerfed to ****.

I think the only reason that Pikachu is up there is that pre-release and the first week of Ult all the top players kept hyping him up. Recently based on tournament results and opinions from top players Pichu may be better if not slightly better or equal.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Yeah I'm sorry but :ultkrool: should be at least one spot down this was clearly made by crybabies.

Mii swordfighter should be up top.

Little Mac is the absolute worst.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
And of course :ultbowserjr: is at the bottom.

...Go figure.

Anyway, this definitely isn’t accurate. Many characters (Sheik, Chrom, K. Rool, Little Mac etc.) are not gonna be as good/bad as these people think they will be.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
-Pikachu ain't good enough to be in his own tier.
-Marth and Lucina ain't good enough to be that high, especially above Chrom who is better than them both.
-Chrom below Roy
-King K Rool that high...
-The Belmonts that high...
-Sheik that high...
-Olimar should be in the top tiers
-Zero Suit ain't that great anymore
-Luigi should be higher
-Doc should be higher
-Pichu should be much higher, easy top tier or at least high
-Fox should be much higher, easy top tier
-Peach/Daisy not in the high/top tiers
-Mii Swordfighter is no where near that low anymore
-Pokemon Trainer position makes no sense...
-Corrin should be lower
-Bowser should be higher
-Yoshi should be much higher
-Young Link should be just a bit lower
-Toon Link should be higher, in the same tier with Link, likely higher.

...there are quite a few things wrong here. And this is just what I can point out so far.

Ginsai

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-8248-1982-9689
Also isn’t Mii Swordfighter considered good cause he has the one of the easiest kill confirms ever with neutral then up special.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
As much as I would like for :ultkrool: to be that high on the tier list, I really don't think he is.
:ultbowser:and :ultpalutena: should be higher on the tier list along with a lot of other characters.

kylexv

Smash Master
Many things wrong about this tier list:

• :ultdiddy:is not Top 10. He got nerfed pretty hard.
  • Same goes for :ultsheik: but for Top 15 instead
  • :ultroy: is not better than :ultchrom: at this point in the metagame. Chrom pretty much beats Roy at everything except recovery.
  • :ultmiifighters: Swordfighter Bottom 3 OMEGALUL
  • :ultrob: should be much higher
  • :ultlucas:is probably better than :ultness:
  • Most of high tier is too high.
  • :ultpichu::ultolimar::ultfox::ultike::ultsnake::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultpalutena::ultwario::ultsonic: are all too low. This is based off of early tournament results but still.
    • Many people are saying :ultfox: is definitely Top 10 yet he's in mid tier here. This and Mii Swordfighter's placement alone should say that this tier list is a steaming pile of garbage.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Ganon above Ridley? I don’t think so. Ridley has to much tools to assist him against Ganon.
That is not how a tier list works. If Ganondorf has more and better amounts of MUs than Ridley that makes him competitively more viable.

Untouch

Smash Master
Evidently a list voted on by people really not familiar with characters or how they work.
It is way too early to make tier lists, there haven't been nearly enough tournaments to judge, especially since Ultimate is BY FAR the most balanced of the Smash games at launch.

Ali Baba 177

Smash Journeyman
I combined the data from professional players; Zero, Leffe, Nairo. Seagull Joe & the data from the Reddit Tier list posted here & Event Hubs Tier list. I used the same differentiation that was used for the analysis on the Reddit spreadsheet for tiers. It is weighted 5 points for a pros opinion & 3 points for the community polls (Reddit & Event Hubs).

Interesting to see how things shake out. The tiers are 'ordered' however the agreements between these combined opinions are best captured when looking at the tiers as a whole. As I adjusted things I would notice rarely characters jumping to different tiers.

The most disputed characters (standard deviation above 1.5) between the lists were Snake, Greninja, Mega Man, Falco, Isabelle & Sheik.

Attachments

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
-Pichu is argubly better than Pikachu at this point
-Chrom is definitely one of the best characters, and better than Roy at least.
-Wario is as good as he was in Brawl in this game, him being low tier doesn't make sense
-Samus is also a lot better, definitely not as bad as Kirby
-Bayonetta that high
-Incineroar that low
-DK that low
-The Belmonts that high
-Sheik that high

This just further proofs that Reddit was a mistake.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Well, this tier list is inaccurate. I'd say Samus is mid tier, but I'm being modest. If I were to be honest, I'd say she's higher. Maybe she's still mid tier, but she was low mid tier in SSB4 according to other Samus mains. Even commentators spoke with some respect toward Samus in SSB4. Ironically, ZeRo said Samus was actually good in one of his Twitch streams. That pissed me off after he spoke ill about her before the game was released.

Anyway, from my personal experience using the following characters, I'd say these are at least somewhere in the range of high to mid tier

Mario
Sheik
Zero Suit Samus
Pit (and by virtue, Dark Pit)
Samus (and by virtue, Dark Samus)
Inkling
Roy (and by virtue, Chrom, though his recovery is garbage)
Ness
Ridley (might be low mid tier)
King K. Rool

Narizmatador

Smash Rookie
PSA: This was the day 1 poll, so the majority of it was first impressions of characters (nobody had labbed any combos/kill confirms) and footage that was seen before release. I hope nobody is taking it seriously.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Let's be realistic for one second here and agree that this tier list is more or less made by people who lost to a fighter and claimed they were good or beat a fighter and claimed they were bad, hence the fact that most of the fighters here (especially King Dedede) are seriously misplaced. Reddit, out of all areas in the Smash community, seems to miss more potential in fighters than any other website.

Top Bottom