• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Red white and donkey punch

Big_R

Smash Champion
Me and TC are holding a tournament comprised of all things American at this nice game store with some cool people who are all about smash. It's gonna be a barn burner so tell your friends tell your husbands and all that.

Whitehall, OH 43213-2024

Schedule:
11:00am - Registration Start
12:00pm - Teams Signups Ends
12:15pm - Teams Start
4:30pm - Singles Signups Ends
5:00pm - Singles Start

Singles: $10 per person
Doubles: $20 per team
Venue Fee: $5 per person. WAIVED FOR FULL SETUP

Rules
This will be a double elimination tournament.
Games will be 4 stock with an 8 minute timer.
All sets will be best of 3 except for semis and finals which are best of 5.
Items off.
Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the Sudden Death match will be played out.
Each player/team takes turns striking a stage from the Neutral stages listed below until there is only 1 left. The first game will be played on the remaining stage.
After their first win, that player may choose to ban a stage for the entirety of the set.
The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)
A player may not counterpick to the last stage they have won on. (Modified Dave's Stupid Rule)
Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime before the first game of a set starts, and only apply to the first game.
Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
Friendly Fire will be on in teams
Wobbling is banned

SINGLES

Neutrals are:
Yoshi's Story
Battlefield
Dream Land (N64)

Counter picks are:
Pokémon Stadium
Final Destination
Fountain of Dreams

DOUBLES

Neutrals are:
Yoshi's Story
Pokémon Stadium
Battlefield
Dream Land (N64)
Final Destination

Counter picks are:
Rainbow cruise
Brinstar
Kongo Jungle 64

Big_R

Smash Champion
9th it is my b. i was looking at june. but ya bring setups everyone and this is gonna be the best ****ing event you have ever witnessed

Big_R

Smash Champion
well watty posted here after yrs of inactivity sooooooo.

and drephen loves this god damn game of course he will

DippnDots

Feral Youth
So down.
10downs

edit: Watty is a terrorist who always shoots people at tournaments, you might want to bring a taser or some smoke bombs

Xx1derxX

Smash Cadet
I just might be able to make this... if anyone near me is car pooling let me know please. Or I may take a bus. If I do make it, teamsies dippndots?

Big_R

Smash Champion
Good work boy wonder.

alright guys this is going down hard and i dont see anything close to competition what's up??

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I'm free on this day, so I'll probably head out to get *****/learn more about Melee stuff.

Sounds fun. Someone should advertise this in NEOH to get VaNs and them down.

ToP CaT

Smash Lord
Hey people if you can we have plenty of cubes but we could use all the copies of melee and Memory cards we can get, tvs are always good too!

Big_R

Smash Champion
TVS and THIS IS IMPORTANT WE JUST NEED MELEE DISCS. PUT IT IN UR BACK POCKET OR WHATEVER YOU HAVE TO DO.

melee discs and a memory card if ya want. we we will be taking notes of whose discs are where and everything will be in good hands. no stolen stuff at this tournyment fellas.

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
wait what is this I don't even...

You guys are so lucky I randomly had off work this Saturday, because I just saw this thread now and I wouldn't have been able to get off.

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
We already have a car, only one spot open. So far its me, Flip, and VanZ.

@Big R: Can we get an attendance list of who's coming so far? Wanna make sure its worth the trip. :p

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Are Drephen, Watty, and BigD all for sure going to this?

thinkin about coming with a couple others, but we really want to know this ^

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
Vanz if you team with Drephen that will be the gayest team of all time.

Good thing Drephen is crazy enough to pick Watty as his teammate every time. Maybe you can convince 4% or Chase to team with you if one of them is going, I think that you two on a team would take 1st for sure. Of course if BOTH are going then they'll be teaming and you'll have to watch out XD.

Dempt, I'll take one of those spots in your car. I can drive up to Vanz's house with anyone else from canton if you want, I-76 west from there will probably be faster than picking me up. And of course if more spots are desired, I can always see about getting that van again.

Big_R

Smash Champion
Attendance unofficially looks like
Me
Tc
Dotz
Drephen
Waty
Soap
Slarty
Vanz
Juu
JUKE
1der
k bod
holland
and like 5 ppl who idk and whoever tc is brining to the table also as far as i kno

Expecting to fill this 32 bracket out pretty nice

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
So here's what we have so far for my car:

Me
Slarts
FlipX
VanZ

We'll be leaving in the early morning to be there between 11-12. Bringing that NEOH down south :p

Big_R

Smash Champion
boddy aint going and that list seems to be highly fabricated now that it gets closer.

waty is a maybe. drephen says he is coming but not entering cuz he works and will be late.. i have no idea what soap is doing. holland is pry not goin.

so ya realistically im hoping for 15 and idk if u rlyyy wanna come down juggles.

oh and bigd aint coming either i just told him to post for hype.

Top Bottom