• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Recent GnW vids of me

Dax

Smash Journeyman
great matches!
I really think that you know well how to space all his moves, good G&W there :)

a few random tips:

- i've never liked the judgement combo. Yeah I know if can results in an early Ko but isn't possible to chaingrab pikachu with a down throw? I'm not sure but in any case I would still go for a dair -> something or a fair instead.

- i saw that sometimes you used nair to make sure you weren't edgeguarded: in general i do that too but watch out, because if you miss it will be hard to make it back. Sometimes you can try to up air if you're under him, which is faster and can surprise your opponent.

- remember to light shield sometimes ;)

- in general, this pika was quite aggressive. Sometimes you could've just waited a bit more and fair or bair him

Still great vids though!
:)

j00t

Smash Champion
You can't dthrow chaingrab Pikachu. If you could that would be awesome :p

QERB

Banned via Warnings
w00t j00t!

very nice, your f-air spacing is so sexual, good edgeguarding. Awesome gdub, i also approve of the edgeguarding on pika in game 1, so beast

The Prophet_

Smash Apprentice
Alright, another Game and Watch to look at =) ; Johns!

edit for comments later: Finally got to seeing them. Well played matches by the both of you. On your part you did well on your ground game(thats all you!), and aerial spacing.

My thoughts.

^You played the match up fast paced and did well in doing so.
^Your ground game offense(Jab to grab) is really good.
^I think right now you can out preform me vs. the Pikachu match up; props =)
-You definitely had a chance of beating Chad's Pika.

I have little experience against Pikachu mains so I can only suggest things that I think might work.

Vs. legit Pikachus', we tend to play a fast pace match.

^As we saw in the videos, Chad heavily weighed speed as a strategy; used it to create uncertainty/get in and capitalize and get out.
-In the videos there were times when you were uncertain of him on when he would attack, so you would through out a fair. The Fair is the best move to use though.

Set the pace that is more favorable for G&W by uncertainty.
-This is going to take practice.

^Instead of trying to fight a fast pace match, try to make it slower by staying close but not to close. What I mean by not being to close but staying close is that you won't get punished by any of Pikachu's moves; having enough time left after the Uptilt animation to get into your shield(so imagine safe frame spacing against a Pikachu).
-This is how I think you can capitalize a Pikachu main more often then just Fairing since Pikachu mains have to react quick in there matches due to the lack of range in Pikachus moveset. You just have to read there Nair and counter it with a Uptilt/grab if Nair does not go through G&W.
-Being said that Pikachu mains have fast/good reaction, they will usually see a Fair coming at them.

You can still use the Fair.

^Even though they can see a Fair coming at them pretty well, they can't see a second or even a third one coming at them ;) but be weary on not to use fair after fair often. Be this offensive when its called for, you know your going to connect the fairs.
-This will probably be pretty true if the method of uncertainty is some what successful at the minimum.

You really can't use Sausages ='(
-You know when its safe already to use sausages. Pika is just to fast on ground...we really shouldn't take the chance of getting a one-two sausage all over that yellow faced mousy.
---------

I enjoyed all three videos, I especially enjoyed the commentary =D !!! Thanks for earlier today John!

j00t

Smash Champion
I came in 4th

It wasn't a very serious tourney, only 14 people and we were just hanging out and stuff

The Prophet_

Smash Apprentice
Alright, another Game and Watch to look at =) ; Johns!

edit for comments later: Finally got to seeing them. Well played matches by the both of you. On your part you did well on your ground game(thats all you!), and aerial spacing.

My thoughts.

^You played the match up fast paced and did well in doing so.
^Your ground game offense(Jab to grab) is really good.
^I think right now you can out preform me vs. the Pikachu match up; props =)
-You definitely had a chance of beating Chad's Pika.

I have little experience against Pikachu mains so I can only suggest things that I think might work.

Vs. legit Pikachus', we tend to play a fast pace match.

^As we saw in the videos, Chad heavily weighed speed as a strategy; used it to create uncertainty/get in and capitalize and get out.
-In the videos there were times when you were uncertain of him on when he would attack, so you would through out a fair. The Fair is the best move to use though.

Set the pace that is more favorable for G&W by uncertainty.
-This is going to take practice.

^Instead of trying to fight a fast pace match, try to make it slower by staying close but not to close. What I mean by not being to close but staying close is that you won't get punished by any of Pikachu's moves; having enough time left after the Uptilt animation to get into your shield(so imagine safe frame spacing against a Pikachu).
-This is how I think you can capitalize a Pikachu main more often then just Fairing since Pikachu mains have to react quick in there matches due to the lack of range in Pikachus moveset. You just have to read there Nair and counter it with a Uptilt/grab if Nair does not go through G&W.
-Being said that Pikachu mains have fast/good reaction, they will usually see a Fair coming at them.

You can still use the Fair.

^Even though they can see a Fair coming at them pretty well, they can't see a second or even a third one coming at them ;) but be weary on not to use fair after fair often. Be this offensive when its called for, you know your going to connect the fairs.
-This will probably be pretty true if the method of uncertainty is some what successful at the minimum.

You really can't use Sausages ='(
-You know when its safe already to use sausages. Pika is just to fast on ground...we really shouldn't take the chance of getting a one-two sausage all over that yellow faced mousy.
---------

I enjoyed all three videos, I especially enjoyed the commentary =D !!! Thanks for earlier today John!
There ya go!

Once again folks, know the patterns first!

^Oh yeah, you can use sausages if there are platforms. Only hurl some if the Pika is being dumb/you know the sausage or two is/are going to connect, they go down/or through the platform.

Top Bottom