• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Recent ADHD vs Ally vids.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Internet sarcasm.

Should never be attempted to be used.

EDIT:

Player-1, you are an idiot. Diddy and snake have the same glide toss range. <_<

Boost grabbing. It's useful.

"more experience with them. "
That should never be the case. Ever.

Also, we only need to keep control of one banana. Throw a 2nd (if we get it) off stage, or straight up to stall Diddy from getting it a bit (we can also stay nearby it and continue juggling it upwards on some stages, just keeping it out of your reach. Want it so bad? Be prepared to eat a nair, or a uair. Or a bair.)

Snake's Bthrow glidetoss is longer in length than his forward throw glidetoss, I may be wrong, but it's the case for many characters.

In case you didn't read, I said that a grab was one of 2 viable options from a midrange distance after a toss...

Why shouldn't experience be the case? If a good Diddy main plays Diddy everyday for a month, he'll be better with them as far as timing things and control compared to someone who has played [against] Diddy for an hour..

Right...good luck throwing the banana directly upwards and standing in that same spot as it comes down with Diddy putting pressure on you.

Good job addressing...2...? Of the many points I just presented. Even if you're right on these last 2 things you posted, then you're still not providing enough stuff to support you.

lol at bad admin flaming because he's ignorant in a subject =).

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Because a good _____ main should know how to utilize an item that another character possess against them.

Does a good Diddy Kong not know how to handle Snake's grenades? If you don't, good luck being ***** by them. :)

We don't need to stand in the same spot, we can be in the general area. Snake has good stage control. Also it's coming down in our possession. We need not to fear it.

plus he can mindgame you with his 3rd jump (side-b) and you might think he'll hit the ground or something a long those lines.
If we know the matchup, we should know what to expect.

You're argument is based halfway on the premise that "The Snake doesn't really know what's he's doing and is mindgamed by our side-B" aka: "The Snake doesn't know the matchup"

I'm not an admin.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Because a good _____ main should know how to utilize an item that another character possess against them.

Does a good Diddy Kong not know how to handle Snake's grenades? If you don't, good luck being ***** by them. :)

We don't need to stand in the same spot, we can be in the general area. Snake has good stage control. Also it's coming down in our possession. We need not to fear it.

I'm not an admin.
I didn't say that the character doesn't know how to utilize an item, I'm just saying, generally, that the Diddy main will know how to utilize them better. It's not always the case, but MOST of the time it is.

Z catching? Air dodge catching? Slip your mind?

Admin. Mod. Same difference...you're bad.

Going to bed now, I'm probably done arguing, because Susa logic is just as bad, if not worse than Inui logic

Edit:
If we know the matchup, we should know what to expect.

You're argument is based halfway on the premise that "The Snake doesn't really know what's he's doing and is mindgamed by our side-B" aka: "The Snake doesn't know the matchup"
LOLLOLOLL.

You should never know what to expect in its entirety because ANY good player will mix up his game. Side-b being one of Diddy's best mix up moves just because of the things you can do with it alone.

Btw, you should really learn to read more carefully, because half of your argument are things I've already covered that you keep repeating.

SuSa

1) It shouldn't be the case if both members know the matchup.
2) Nope, didn't slip my mind. Every character can do it. ^^
3) Not really. I don't have access to the Admin CP. :(
4) Side-B can only latch on for a certain distance. After that distance, you know to fear the kick. A throw, an aerial, or for you to land and do something. Side-B is also one of your more punishable moves. Snake can just pivot grab you out of it at any point. :D

napZzz

Smash Hero
SuSa wont lose an argument. Even if he's arguing its 2+2=5. you cant win p1!

Gnes

Smash Master
Are u guys seriously arguing about intangibles such as mixups...also this aint the snake matchup thread. Also Susa is right about punishing side B...of course he can just Uptilt, which is easier than pivot grabbing lol.

napZzz

Smash Hero
And if the Snake is on par with Player-1's expectations, the matchup is 50:50 or 55:45 Diddy:Snake.
wat
Are u guys seriously arguing about intangibles such as mixups...also this aint the snake matchup thread. Also Susa is right about punishing side B...of course he can just Uptilt, which is easier than pivot grabbing lol.
this is the snake matchup thread. stop lying!

Dekar173

Justice Man
Uptilt shouldn't be used if you're not in kill percent though :O Then again, why would a Diddy approach Snake if he's at kill percent? XD

ADHD

Smash Hero
If he uptilts it can still clash if it's delayed, plus you can bait it out as well. And gnes, do you really want me to prove what I do to snakes when they actually don't camp? XD SuSa, our glidetoss isn't puny, it spaces us out of alot of attack ranges perfectly so we can still follow up alot of punishes. Snake's glidetoss is bad and I can't believe you are making that point. This is like arguing with some random wifi player that has never attended an offline tournament and thinks that his diddy friend is the end-all of the matchup.

Dominic

Smash Apprentice
Wow susa, everytime i go and try to read a topic i see you writing nonsense. do you realise you average 17 post per day, and all of them are eiter wrong or of you talking about yourself ? your floding the message board buddy.

I will say this though, if it werent for you writing all that crap, i would have much less fun reading around here. Still, get a brain ! Morans.

Nic64

Smash Lord
Are u guys seriously arguing about intangibles such as mixups
Mixups aren't entirely intangible, it is dependent on a players execution but a characters potential for it is intrinsic, Snake has poor mixups that are either predictable or retardedly impractical in most situations.

SuSa is right about Diddy's side B being overrated though, it's pretty telegraphed and Snake has a few options that cover both the kick and the hump from neutral.

SuSa

Oh my god, the trolls back! :3

@ADHD
Dao's not the only Diddy I beat. There are a few others, but they are mostly locals and from what I know of recent tourney results, rarely place better then Top10, and aren't really worth mentioning. Diddyknight, Lazee (both of whom go on this site), ItsWillYo (AFAIK doesn't come to SWF), and more randoms even less worth mentioning (many I don't even know their names. So meh)

Oh, and Diddy and Snake have extremely similar length glide tosses. <_< Learn2timeSnake'sglidetoss. I already stated it once.

The point you should be making is Snake is taller, and against Diddy (specifically), at many distances he simply throws the banana over Diddy. Then again, as stated earlier by Player-1, if the Diddy is closer then that "he's doing it wrong and shouldn't be that close"

So meh.

EDIT:
Wow susa, everytime i go and try to read a topic i see you writing nonsense. do you realise you average 17 post per day, and all of them are eiter wrong or of you talking about yourself ? your floding the message board buddy.

I will say this though, if it werent for you writing all that crap, i would have much less fun reading around here. Still, get a brain ! Morans
SuSa*
I*
I*
Do*
realize*
posts*
either*
You're*
flooding*
weren't*
I*
moron*? I can't even tell, Moran seems like you were trying to call me a moron. But then you made it plural, "Morans" which would.... am I more then one person?

If you are going to call someone names, at least try to make it seem you passed Kindergarten. You should know to capitalize your "I"'s by now.

Gnes

Smash Master
Mixups aren't entirely intangible, it is dependent on a players execution but a characters potential for it is intrinsic, Snake has poor mixups that are either predictable or retardedly impractical in most situations.
Snake has poor mixups...who would have thought???

:(

Nic64

Smash Lord
This has nothing to do with your quote (I'm quoting for Gnes' sexiness and nothing else) but every character should have Snake's dthrow XD
I agree with this XD

but really the whole "camp with nades and space with ftilt" thing should be the first indicator that he's not the most versatile character in the game, he just does a few things really really well.

Coyn3Masta

Smash Journeyman

Edit:

Susa*
I*
I*
Do*
Realize*
Posts*
Either*
You're*
Flooding*
Weren't*
I*
Moron*? I Can't Even Tell, Moran Seems Like You Were Trying To Call Me A Moron. But Then You Made It Plural, "morans" Which Would.... Am I More Then One Person?

If You Are Going To Call Someone Names, At Least Try To Make It Seem You Passed Kindergarten. You Should Know To Capitalize Your "i"'s By Now.
Get ***** Lol

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Get ***** Lol
Not really.

SuSa didnt respond to the post at all, just to the way it was written.

Not saying that what that dude said is correct though, but just saying that SuSa couldve proven him wrong in a more civilized, yet justified, way.

Player-1

Smash Legend
1) It shouldn't be the case if both members know the matchup.
2) Nope, didn't slip my mind. Every character can do it. ^^
3) Not really. I don't have access to the Admin CP. :(
4) Side-B can only latch on for a certain distance. After that distance, you know to fear the kick. A throw, an aerial, or for you to land and do something. Side-B is also one of your more punishable moves. Snake can just pivot grab you out of it at any point. :D
so by this post I'll officially assume that you don't know too much of the tricks Diddy's side-b has, and the mixups with it.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Guys, lets keep it on topic.
Just watch the vids in the OP if you want to, and posts in this thread should only contain ones opinion(s) about said videos.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I'll assume you don't know exactly how much Side-B limits your options.

You have "kick" or "don't kick" until the move is over.

Just a FYI.
1. you can make the kick come out as fast as the grab by buffering it and canceling the landing lag with an airdodge or midair.
2. You can cancel a regular side-b with an air dodge or mid air
3. along with the midair jump cancel, you can aerial out of it or use a banana if you have it
4. you can do a normal kick
5. you can do a normal grab
6. you can b reverse a popgun after the side-b.

that's 6 different things you'll have to try and predict each time Diddy side-b's, granted that some are used more than others (breversed popgun...that's pretty much the only one).

SuSa

1. you can make the kick come out as fast as the grab by buffering it and canceling the landing lag with an airdodge or midair.
2. You can cancel a regular side-b with an air dodge or mid air
3. along with the midair jump cancel, you can aerial out of it or use a banana if you have it
4. you can do a normal kick
5. you can do a normal grab
6. you can b reverse a popgun after the side-b.

that's 6 different things you'll have to try and predict each time Diddy side-b's, granted that some are used more than others (breversed popgun...that's pretty much the only one).
Wait, you can cancel a side-B at any point now?

I was pretty sure you had to wait until the move was over.............

What happens if I run up to you, then true pivot a pivot grab and grab you out mid-side-B and outranging both your kick and grab? (I'm kidding about this question, but it IS possible. Just... insanely hard.)

^ADHD said no more logic! :D

EDIT:
Also (real) quick question:
Does Snake's dash attack beat out your grab? Does it clank with the kick? If it clanks with the kick, who is able to hit the other quickest?

I've honestly never tried to dash attack a side-B... I normally walk away, walk forward a bit and utilt, DACUS underneath it, or simply...duck, crawl a bit, then DACUS from a crawl away.

Player-3

Smash Hero

What happens if I run up to you, then true pivot a pivot grab and grab you out mid-side-B and outranging both your kick and grab? (I'm kidding about this question, but it IS possible. Just... insanely hard.)

EDIT:
Does Snake's dash attack beat out your grab? Does it clank with the kick? If it clanks with the kick, who is able to hit the other quickest?

I've honestly never tried to dash attack a side-B... I normally walk away, walk forward a bit and utilt, DACUS underneath it, or simply...duck, crawl a bit, then DACUS from a crawl away.
SuSas got mindgames

Player-1

Smash Legend

EDIT:

It's true you can't cancel it until the move is over, but combing it with a very lagless move such as an airdodge or midair (midair usually) makes it VERY hard for the Snake to punish like you said, it's possible just very difficult since it gives them such a small window to punish. You'd probably be best just trying to walk away from the situation, learn what he does for a while, then punish next time he does it.

You're dash attack probably beats the grab, it gets the same properties of a normal grab, but it just moves, still gets super armor and everything. The kick has very high priority so I'm assuming it does because I can't recall it ever clanking or beating it.

SuSa

Your definition of priority makes me laugh. :D

Priority is just disjoint+# of hitboxes.

More disjoint/more hitboxes = better priority.

It's why Olimar's uair is amazing.

The kick just has enough disjoint in front of it to make it seem like it has amazing priority. Or it may be transcendant, which I highly doubt (still possible, which means it'd be like a glide attack. Seemingly "infinite" priority)

Either way, we can utilt you out of both, we can also ftilt you out of both (albeit the kick is harder, we have to space better against it).

Also, if we shield the kick. We can immediately grab you.
If you airdodge, we can OoS dair as you touch the ground.
If you midair, we simply hold shield (which we'd do vs your airdodge) and THEN you get grabbed or punished on your lag.

Side-B is nowhere near as safe as you think it is. It's safe when the Snake is shielding, or you have conditioned the Snake to shield in a certain scenario.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Your definition of priority makes me laugh. :D

Priority is just disjoint+# of hitboxes.

More disjoint/more hitboxes = better priority.

It's why Olimar's uair is amazing.

The kick just has enough disjoint in front of it to make it seem like it has amazing priority. Or it may be transcendant, which I highly doubt (still possible, which means it'd be like a glide attack. Seemingly "infinite" priority)

Either way, we can utilt you out of both, we can also ftilt you out of both (albeit the kick is harder, we have to space better against it).

If you midair, we simply hold shield (which we'd do vs your airdodge) and THEN you get grabbed or punished on your lag.

Side-B is nowhere near as safe as you think it is. It's safe when the Snake is shielding, or you have conditioned the Snake to shield in a certain scenario.
Diddy's side-b kick has 3 different hitboxes. The person who did our frame data (don't remember what his name is) said it has some very weird properties or something, so that might be it. Diddy's side-b kick and Snake's Utilt exchange hits, IDK about the Ftilt.

You can't grab us out of it if we make the end the attack hit your shield, especially when we buffer the kick. Unless, I'm reading Snake frame data wrong.

This is just a rock-paper-scissors situation, this is why I said it's best for you to just walk away from the situation at first and try to predict what he does next time.

SuSa

Utilt beats it if spaced properly, ftilt hits you into that weird "if you hit an airborne opponent they get launched" ordeal.

You'd have to space the kick perfectly, we learn that spacing.. we watch out for it.

Actually, that wasn't a RPS situation. All we need to do is shield.

If you misspace the kick, we get a grab. If you didn't, we stay shielded. If you airdodge, we can see that and punish your landing. If you do an aerial, we're still shielding. Then we can punish that.

With that said, that can kill our shield. <_< So it's easier to powershield the kick, then hold shield.

Top Bottom