• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Recent ADHD vs Ally vids.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Snake CANNOT use bananas nearly as well as us, I don't know what's wrong with you guys.
If you define use as "sets up multiple combos" then yes, we can't use them as well as you.

If you define use as "can setup a near guaranteed 50% of ****" and "banana throw = free KO at stupidly low %'s" then I'd say we're closer.

If you define use as "extra stage control added to Snake's ALREADY awesome stage control" then I'd say we are pretty close.

I'd say bananas are pretty **** awesome for Snake, compared to other characters. Like Bowser and Jigglypuff. Can we use them AS WELL as Diddy? I'd say not. Are they still really, really ****ing useful? Yes.

So we don't have a dash attack that sets up into followups, and we don't get to decide when the banana comes out.... So obviously we're far worse then you?

EDIT:
AFAIK, Snake is the only character in the game who can drop the banana while spawning another projectile.
AFAIK, Snake is the only character who can "guard" a banana by throwing it straight up, and placing a mine underneath it.
AFAIK, Snake is one of two characters who can basically get a guarenteed regrab from using the banana, AND gets a followup that is a KO move out of it. (Ganon is the other one)

ADHD

Smash Hero
If you define use as "sets up multiple combos" then yes, we can't use them as well as you.

If you define use as "can setup a near guaranteed 50% of ****" and "banana throw = free KO at stupidly low %'s" then I'd say we're closer.

If you define use as "extra stage control added to Snake's ALREADY awesome stage control" then I'd say we are pretty close.

I'd say bananas are pretty **** awesome for Snake, compared to other characters. Like Bowser and Jigglypuff. Can we use them AS WELL as Diddy? I'd say not. Are they still really, really ****ing useful? Yes.

So we don't have a dash attack that sets up into followups, and we don't get to decide when the banana comes out.... So obviously we're far worse then you?

EDIT:
AFAIK, Snake is the only character in the game who can drop the banana while spawning another projectile.
AFAIK, Snake is the only character who can "guard" a banana by throwing it straight up, and placing a mine underneath it.
AFAIK, Snake is one of two characters who can basically get a guarenteed regrab from using the banana, AND gets a followup that is a KO move out of it. (Ganon is the other one)
Susa, what diddy do you know just sits there without shielding and takes a trip to whatever. I dunno about the west coast diddys, but I'm assuming dao isn't that stupid.

Dekar173

Justice Man
What SuSa is saying is that Snake mains right now are way too ****ing lazy with naners.

And he's right, they are. My Snake, when using naners, is doing **** that I never see other Snakes do (no ****! you say, because I'm a Diddy main!) well, if Diddy keeps rising in the tier list, it'll only be a few months before the Snakes start catching up. We've gotta know what to expect :D

SuSa

And what Snake does the same?

Thrown at the right angle, even if you shield, you'll slip.

If for some reason we are close, we can glide toss it underneath you. Our glide toss is ROUGHLY the same (or better) then yours.

You've just never faced a Snake who really knows how to use bananas. ;)

tl;dr
Z-catch > Instant Throw down > Pull Grenade for 0 frame lag (B-reverse if wanted) > safety

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
You can z-catch into an instant throw?

I thought there was a delay after z-catch (by delay, I mean more than instant throwing via airdodge cancel).

I also thought instant throw was just an informal way of saying "airdodge canceled throw."

SuSa

Even though I am a huge supporter of WiFi. I am going to say this:

lolWiFi.

good luck reacting to things in time simply by the sound of them, which any amount of delay in input ruins.

@Melo
Yes, you can Z-catch into an Instant Throw. Although it's easier to just catch it with an airdodge and throw it in the same step. :p

PS:
Playing against a Diddy Kong a lot doesn't mean you learn how to use bananas.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion

lolWiFi.

good luck reacting to things in time simply by the sound of them, which any amount of delay in input ruins.

@Melo
Yes, you can Z-catch into an Instant Throw. Although it's easier to just catch it with an airdodge and throw it in the same step. :p
That just confuses me since I've always known "instant-throwing" to be referring to the entire air-dodge catch canceled throw. So... if you z-catch, you can't air dodge to catch.
So, by "z-catch to instant throw," you mean "z-catch to throw."

I think.

SuSa

There is a reason why I added the step.

Instant-Throw is the lazy way of saying "airdodge canceled throw" like glide toss is the lazy way of saying "roll canceled throw"

Instant Throwing does not mean you need to CATCH in that same step.

Try to Z-catch, then throw an item. It's a lot harder then Z-catch, to Instant Throw. :x (at least, it is for me)

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
There is a reason why I added the step.

Instant-Throw is the lazy way of saying "airdodge canceled throw" like glide toss is the lazy way of saying "roll canceled throw"

Instant Throwing does not mean you need to CATCH in that same step.

Try to Z-catch, then throw an item. It's a lot harder then Z-catch, to Instant Throw. :x (at least, it is for me)
I gotcha. I've just always known it to refer to the catch as well.

ADHD

Smash Hero

lolWiFi.

@Melo

PS:
Playing against a Diddy Kong a lot doesn't mean you learn how to use bananas.

I've played anti in tournaments and offline quite a bit as well..

Player-1

Smash Legend
I don't get what you're saying Susa...Instant Throwing is cancelling an air dodge with a throw, if you z catch it then you don't air dodge and can't instant throw...unless you're saying z catch then z drop to instant throw or something...

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
I don't get what you're saying Susa...Instant Throwing is cancelling an air dodge with a throw, if you z catch it then you don't air dodge and can't instant throw...unless you're saying z catch then z drop to instant throw or something...
He's saying you catch it with Z, then air-dodge with the banana in your hand, then cancel the air-dodge with a throw.

Which to me seems pointless when you can skip the Z catch part and just air-dodge catch and cancel in one step.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Since this is an active thread right now and im banned from AiB

who wants to play on wifi?

SuSa

Susa, what are you trying to say with Snake and bananas?
He can't use them as well as Diddy, but he can use them better then a lot of the cast, and IF you get hit by one. You take a nice ftilt of doom to the face. Or a dthrow (where all your options are covered thanks to the banana falling the correct distance) of death.

Or a KO move that KO's you far sooner then most characters.

One of the main reasons I beat Dao is I'm able to get my hands on just ONE banana. Then wreak havoc with it.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
He can't use them as well as Diddy, but he can use them better then a lot of the cast, and IF you get hit by one. You take a nice ftilt of doom to the face. Or a dthrow (where all your options are covered thanks to the banana falling the correct distance) of death.

One of the main reasons I beat Dao is I'm able to get my hands on just ONE banana. Then wreak havoc with it.

Then the Diddy is doin' it wrong.
:bee:

Player-1

Smash Legend

So, you're implying that IF Snake gets control over just ONE banana and you manage to hit Diddy with it even with all of his options to getting them back in his control, that most of the time you'll just so happen to be in range of the Diddy, even with Snake's horrible glidetoss range, and even though Diddys who KNOW the matchup know to not be in a range that close to Snake, especially when he is in control of your bananas, as not to be punished by an Ftilt from a trip, that Snake can wreck Diddy...

not buying it, sorry.

Zeallyx

Ya, o' the Snake doin' it right.
Nah.

As Diddy is the one controlling the banana's (or at least, he should be, as he spawns them and everythingz)), tha diddy iz doin' it wrong. :bee:

SuSa

Diddy has an uber pathetic glide toss range then.

Also we don't need you THAT close to us. We can toss it.

Pretending Diddy can't be hit by his own bananas is probably one of the funniest things I've ever heard. You may as well say nobody gets hit by Diddy's bananas unless they make a mistake.

Oh, and Dao was talking to me about his matches vs Ally.

He stated "I see why he throws them off. He punished me literally every time I pulled a banana"

What that translates to:

"I get punished for pulling a banana"

What THAT implies:
"Snake gets my banana after punishing me for even pulling one. FFS"

EDIT:

Just by THROWING IT you risk losing control if it to Snake/whoever the **** you are playing. Instant Throw it down, land on/behind it. What you going to do about that?

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
I like how susa shows vids of his """"****""""" with ganon (lolno), but got none with snake :laugh:

Those theorycrafters...

Zeallyx

Pretending Diddy can't be hit by his own bananas is probably one of the funniest things I've ever heard. You may as well say nobody gets hit by Diddy's bananas unless they make a mistake.

He stated "I see why he throws them off. He punished me literally every time I pulled a banana"

What that translates to:

What THAT implies:

EDIT:

Just by THROWING IT you risk losing control if it to Snake/whoever the **** you are playing. Instant Throw it down, land on/behind it. What you going to do about that?
Offcourse Diddy can get/gets hit by his own nanners, I was just playin'.

But snake beeing as beast with one nanner as you say/imply he is, is something I highly doubt.

SuSa

I like how susa shows vids of his """"****""""" with ganon (lolno), but got none with snake :laugh:

Those theorycrafters...
*looks at my placings*
*looks at the only people who beat me*

Yep. Just a theorycrafter.

/is getting sick of losing to Tyrant and DSF

The Ganon match was obvious sandbagging. I spammed side-B possibly the entire match, left him room to escape the combo. I just wanted to terrorize him with the thought of even being hit by that fsmash. xD It was fun, and he had no idea how to play the matchup against my side-B spam (him and thinking his shield is safe <3 lmao)

I have none with Snake because all my replays vs Dao are on my friend Bam's wii, or my friend Paper's wii. :p we all go to Tony's house to smash, and always use one of those two wiis. My roommate is usually home and *****es for the TV, so we don't smash at my place.

I'll have some soon enough.

PS:
first video, first part. I see Ally gets the Banana at least 10 times. The one time he hits ADHD with it and lands a grab, he could've done a lot more but ftilt'd ADHD as he rolled towards the edge. Knocking him off the stage safe from further danger. (Tsk tsk Ally. You even told me not to ftilt them if they roll towards the ledge. :( )

Zeallyx

I'm getting aroused by all this 'snake grabbing nanners' talk..

Let's all just watch the vids.

Gnes

Smash Master
Haha Dekar these guys just dont understand. Also its hard for anti/ally to learn to use naners when their camping ur *** 24/7. Just saying.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Yes because when we beat ADHD by camping we are doing it wrong.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Lol, you must not realize that Diddy is so good BECAUSE of his glide toss range. Not too long like MK/ROB/GaW/Pit or short like Snake/Mario/Wario. Diddy can control space not only because of his bananas, but because he is also fast, in terms of running and rolling plus he has dribbling, Diddy can utilize these tools as well as bananas to slow his opponents down to almost always be in control of how far away from his opponent has to be. Utilizing this allows Diddy to have good spacing from his opponents to hit with his short-mid range attacks like Utilt or Dsmash. Also, I'm almost positive that the speed of your rolls and how fast a character can throw an item determines your glidetoss length. ZSS can only/can't (I forget which) glidetoss backwards. her back roll is horrible and WAAAAAAAAAAY worse than her forward throw, this also applies to a few other characters or something like this, so I don't find it coincidental

Actually, you do need to be THAT close to us, at least a bit more than Ftilt range where a Diddy player actually is. You don't have enough time to throw a banana and make us trip, recover from that lag, run over to us, and then ftilt us or utilt. The best you have is a dash attack a grab. You make the Dthrow thing seem like it's 100% guarantee when it's not, you still have 3 options, plus you can wait and time your invin frames or wait even longer than that and then roll into the banana and the banana won't always have perfect spacing that you roll back into it.

Lol, I never said that Diddy can't be hit, I just said he has more tools to utilize than other characters + more experience with them. His dash attack is the best for recovering them due to little lag, plus he can mindgame you with his 3rd jump (side-b) and you might think he'll hit the ground or something a long those lines. And a perfectly angled throw BS? Lol, you can't really angle a throw from one position, granted you could SH or something, but we can move our shield you know.

What that translates to:

What THAT implies:

EDIT:

lol, dao just has to be smarter about pulling bananas out.

what am I going to do about that? Pull another one out...they take that one? Well then it just became harder for them to control both, that won't last long at all, plus Diddy has the 2nd best roll in the game, if you mix up your roll game with DA's side-b approaches then he'll be able to get them back, and you'll only get them either when Diddy has control over the other banana so he won't have to risk pulling one out to get punished in the first place, or when you figure out a pattern or something and just punish them for being predictable. In case you didn't know, the same applies for you...if you don't throw it? Then get it back...If you don't get it back? Then just wait and pull some out once they're gone...If you're getting punished for that? Then learn how to fight for periods of time without them, seriously Diddy can go 10 seconds without bananas, I promise.

read red...

SuSa

Yes because when we beat ADHD by camping we are doing it wrong.
Internet sarcasm.

Should never be attempted to be used.

EDIT:

Player-1, you are an idiot. Diddy and snake have the same glide toss range. <_<

Boost grabbing. It's useful.

"more experience with them. "
That should never be the case. Ever.

Also, we only need to keep control of one banana. Throw a 2nd (if we get it) off stage, or straight up to stall Diddy from getting it a bit (we can also stay nearby it and continue juggling it upwards on some stages, just keeping it out of your reach. Want it so bad? Be prepared to eat a nair, or a uair. Or a bair.)

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Wtf are you guys debating about?

Diddy's glide toss?

EDIT: Going to take a shower. Coming back and typing what I want to say.

Top Bottom