• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reasoning Behind your Username?

Ørion

Smash Ace
Mine is named for the greek hunter because I enjoy studying history, and a hunter seemed appropriate for a game like brawl. the O is a Ø because regular Orion was taken (plus it looks cool)

gorgon.

Smash Ace
Gorgon sounds alot like my real name (which I won't disclose over the Internet.) My cousins originally started calling me "Gorgonstein" one day, and I shortened it to "Gorgon." It's been my alias for eveything ever since.

You're supposed to spell it with no caps, but no one seems to care about that.

Though on these boards I was thinking about calling myself Sergeant Spork...

FuryX

Smash Cadet
i used to be in an online clan the phazon hunters for MPH, and since MPH only allowed your name to be 10 letters long i went with PhazonFury. and now since that clan is no longer around its FuryX.

bored

Smash Ace
I honestly don't know why I chose this username. If I could change it I would.

Sandoggg

Smash Apprentice
a nickname for my nickname, got the awkward spelling from a friend about 4 years ago, it's random enough that i can pretty much always get it.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
Metalmonstar is one of my story characters and has thus become my user name on just about everything.

Crystallion

Smash Ace
I wanted my name to have "crystal" in it, so I improvised. First, I wanted it to sound French, but I think it sounds quite good in German and English as well.

Royblazer

Smash Apprentice
Cause my default one on other forums was taken, as it wouldn't let me sign up with it. So I chose my old old username Royblazer which was my first username when I went to the online world. Basic combination of Roy and his UpB move (Blazer.)

lordunicorn3

Smash Journeyman
unicorns are just awesome
actually i was going to be lordunicorn, but that was taken, and 83 is my favorite number so i took the 3

FishkeeperTimmay!

Smash Ace
I keep freakin' fish. Actually, thats a lie. I keep fish, invertebrates, plants AND a healthy supply of bacteria in my tanks. xD

If you to ask... I have 2 dozenish species living in my one 40 gallon, and thats no even factoring all the kinds of algae and microbes that I KNOW about in there.

Keeping tanks is the only thing I love more than Smash...

Oh, and my name is Tim, and all my friends call me TIMMAY!

I think that explains it well enough. ^^

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
My username comes from when i used to play Magic the gathering a while ago.

Back then there was a deck, which i played, called "Affinity" that ***** everything else to the point that the major cards in the deck got banned.

My alias has been "Affinity" or "Affinity2412" ever since.

Leahdybug

Smash Journeyman
the first time i met my family my loving mother simply wanted to hold my hand so she could take her new daughter across the street. So i screamed at my mother bit her and ran into on coming traffic I been buggin the hell out of my family ever since but now im older so I tagged on leahdy to bug.

Grandeza

Smash Master
Grandeza= spanish for greatness

Sounds a little more interesting than my old username "zero suit falcon" but tom won't stop calling me zsf anyways >.>

Amide

Smash Lord
Because TL is my main, but I'm starting to not main him anymore -_- *sigh*

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, my first nickname was "sugarbaby" for a long time, and then my friends thought my last name (maiden name at the time) Poulton , sounded a lot like "Poultry." So Poultry became my new nickname. Then, when it came down to picking an email/username/my whatever, sugarbaby was taken, and so was poultry, so I just put them together.

sugarpoultry ;)

Spin-Dash

Smash Journeyman
If I want to be honest, my internet name (I do a lot of roleplaying as a writing hobby) is Clandon (a hybrid mixture of my favorite RPG character of all time, Cloud Strife, and my own first name), it was something that people called me when I started roleplaying Cloud Strife. :p Outside of the simpler things, my gamertag/Smash Bros. alias has been Spin-Dash ever since late 2007 when I dove head first into the competitive community.

I chose the name in the hopes that Sonic would become a playable character in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. And humorously enough, a key in my gameplay as Link for Melee was the Spin Attack (what I used in jams against fast fallers like the spacies or Captain Falcon). Once a die-hard Sonic fan, always a die-hard Sonic fan. And my dream came true of using Sonic in a Smash Bros. game, so voila. I can truly live up to my alias.

My friend recommended the hyphen inbetween. It makes anything look cooler. XD Both the alias' of Spin-Dash and Clandon are both very personal to me.

Switch FC
SW 1721 4573 3132
Ice Climbers come from...Ice Climbers.

P is the first letter of Popo!! A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, N, O, P!!
N is the first letter of Nana!

The "And" just includes that both of them are the Ice Climbers.

Ice Climbers Popo and Nana looked to long, so I rounded them off to P and N.

My game name is Dark or P&N.

IrArby

Smash Ace
My name is Robert Black so my initials would be RB so thats where the "ARBY" comes from. My username is IrArby meaning I are (am) Robert Black. Plus its cool when your fighting to have the ARBY floating over your head. Sort of like those "I'm thinking Arbys commercials.

Yea its lame I know.

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
Originally, I was going to have my username be "Miss Metroid." It was because, at the time, I was fond of the song "Miss Murder." However, I then saw the anime "Ouran High School Host Club," in which there are a gaggle of female supremacists from the Lobelia Girls' Academy. It fit, so I went with it.
I added "Mk. IV" because I liked the sound of it.

Andydark

Smash Journeyman
Bourbonnais IL||I consider myself competent. AIM:
Miss Murder...Isn't that an AFI Song?

Anyway, my username comes from the fact I was a member at an old site called Pdark and it was about the game "Perfect Dark" Starring "Joanna Dark"

...My real name is Andrew...

You know what, screw you. I was twelve. STOP LAUGHING AT ME.

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
yeah mine is a long story that a book can be written.
its basicly a legendary username that i use EVERYWHERE
bow down to it lol.
it also somehow explains my real self but its also another long as hell thing to explain lol

Organous

Smash Apprentice
I'm sure mine will be buried, since I myself didn't read through every one of these. Eh, at least it'd make a convenient place to put a name summary.

The story behind my name is a very long one, as it has gone through several meanings over time. I'll just say that it originated as simply a name to a Magic: the Gathering deck. It had a lot of impact to me personally and it used both white and black magic. I have a tendency to put words together for names, so I took the chaos of black (admittedly a bad choice as red is more chaotic, but that's what I chose) and its polar opposite of organization to make Organous. Looking back, it had every sign of something simply hacked together, but I stuck with it.
Now, it is simply a representation of one entity embodying balance. You could say it's like the "true neutral" alignment of Dungeons & Dragons, where it takes on the role of whatever is in the minority. You will almost always find me arguing on behalf of the underrepresented, misunderstood, and unpopular interests.

hugglebunny

Smash Journeyman
My name actually has a long story.

In the game, Battle for Middle Earth 2, you can create a hero
at my friends house, Burntsocks, i created a troll hero, and named it hugglebunny.
I liked the name so i stuck with it.
When Sox showed me this site (and AT's with it) I decided to use hugglebunny.

So now i either go by hb, hugglebunny or buni

Top Bottom