• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reasoning Behind your Username?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i don't know how many instances of this thread there have been lol, i bet theres like 2 or 3 active ones on the boards

chocolate nut = choc-nut = filipino snack
"choknat" = filipino pronunciation, spelling, and common dog name
Choknat57 = my first AOL sn on a kids only account many years ago
choknater = nickname my cousin gave me after seeing my AOL account

IYM!

Smash Lord
this threat is interesting,

IYM are my initials, Ignacio Y. M. and the "!" is for abreviation, my real Smash name is IYMsmasher!, but when i joined to SWF i though i must put my name in the same form that i put in the game, (yeah i am dump, dont laugh of me :( ) anyway, after see, "killerjaws", "the Composer", " thunder of Zeus", and alot of more longer names... well i screw up :(

i wanted to change my smash name but... i have to be a premium member

DBSammy

Smash Ace
The creation of my handle wasn't even my idea. I had a friend come over when I first got Xbox Live. He had seen Drillbit Taylor in theaters. At that time he thought that the movie was one of the funniest movies he had seen. While thinking of a tag I had to go to the bathroom. When I came back to my room, my account was fully made. I wanted to say something to him but then I said screw it. And I h've been using it ever since. Though for short I go by D.B.S

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Just got a premium for the name change. Basically, my Brawl Tag

skekasaurus

Smash Cadet
I created my own imaginary dinosaur, and I named it skekasaurus. Thus that became my username on EVERYTHING! My online friends call me skeka or skek for short. and all the breezy's know me as "J-Nasty!" :p

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
"Dark Horse" Is an expression that means "a competitor thought unlikely to win, an underdog". I picked it because it's what I'll always be.

For the 2000th time, it isn't from the comic book series and it's not because I'm apparently a horse.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
I use Dragoon Fighter because that is the name I came up with during my obsession with Dragoon things back when I was 8 (I still like dragoon things, just not as much as I used to.) What was on my head at the time was the two dragoon classes in the two tactics games I was playing at the time (Tactics ogre and final fantasy tactics) and magma dragoon (Megaman X4 boss) I wanted to use a word that would embody my preference of using dragon-esque attributes (Dragoon is actually an adjective, to describe something dragoon like.) in games and other such mediums.

BSP

Smash Legend
My initials because I can't think of anything cooler, but I'm ok with them.

Jonas

Smash Champion
I wasn't in a creative mood :bee:
I used to be Søndergaard (because Jonas was taken or something. I don't remember), which is my last name, but then I got premium and changed it to Jonas (which somehow wasn't taken anymore).

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
That would be my last name. Sorry for a lack of creativity ;)

amoosii

Smash Rookie
amoosii because of the invader zim episode "a room with a moose". I changed it to moosii because of enjoi. The a is my first initial.

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
My name is based on the game I play and where I play it. I play Brawl at the VUE. I run a league at the VUE... So I figured it made sense.

just86

Smash Rookie
just is for my first name, Justin. I was born in 1986. Uninspiring, I know -_-

Santa Claus

Seasonal Smasher
Well, my name is Saint Nickolas, and some people misheard my name, when stories of my giving came around. I can understand how they got Santa from Saint, but I don't know how they got Claus from Nickolas! Ho ho ho!

wyrfxrssn

Smash Cadet
Mine is "wire fixer's son"
because my dad is an electrician

I like turtles
inb4 "nice first post"

Geist

Smash Master
I used to go by blowtoes, but I figured I needed a name change after I decided to take smash more seriously, sort of like a fresh start I guess. I originally chose Zeitgeist, German for 'spirit of the times' which I thought symbolized what I was doing pretty accurately. It wasn't that catchy though, so I shortened it to Geist, and use ZEIT as my in-game tag.

BSP

Smash Legend
^^I got a change too because I thought my first name was silly.

Cool snow in here btw

Klaw

Smash Cadet
It's that move where Bowser snatches a fool out of midair and proceeds to bite chunks out of him.

Top Bottom