• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Real Roster FINALLY leaked? or new prophet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xx Masked Man xx

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I'm from the Gamefaqs forum. This guy named SuperStarship made a topic claiming he knew the full roster, along with a link to his blog. It was deleted almost immediately, and I doubt many people have seen it. Here's what his blog post said:

"Hey guys, I have the information that you guys have all been waiting for.

There have been a lot of "leaks" lately, and I can assure you that none of the leaked rosters have been 100% correct so far. Some of them have been surprisingly close. But I want to set things straight, and end the flow of increasingly ridiculous fake rosters. I happen to know every playable character in the game, what mode they're unlocked in, and the complete starting roster. How you ask?

I work in international business, which obviously requires me to travel frequently. I've visited Japan quite a bit, and on my last trip a few weeks ago I met with the floor manager of a factory in Osaka. After getting the business talk out of the way, we began talking about future items coming through his factory, and he excitedly told me that they would be printed Brawl. I told him how big of a SSBM nerd I was, and next thing I knew we were back at his flat, hooking up his Wii. We played Melee for almost 2 hours (he kicked my ***, although I did beat him once). This guy was really cool, and I promised him a rematch next time I was in Osaka. We exchanged phone numbers, and parted ways.We called a each other a few times to discuss new Dojo updates, fake leaks, and everything Smash.

He called yesterday and told me that printing of the game was well under way, and that he had a surprise for me. He knew the roster. He started telling me everything he knew, and I grabbed a pen and paper and jotted it all down. Now I shall share it with you.

First off, the characters on the Dojo aren't the starting roster. The starting roster is actually quite smaller, but that doesn't stay that way after playing the SSE. SSE unlocks a majority of the characters on the Dojo, Save for Snake and Sonic. The rest of the hidden characters are unlocked by playing Classic Mode, Multi-Man Melee, Vs. Matches. Ok, enough talking. Here is the starting roster:

[SPOILERS BEGIN]

STARTING ROSTER:

-Mario
-Link
-Kirby
-Pikachu
-Fox
-Samus/Zamus
-Donkey Kong
-Yoshi
-Ice Climbers
-Captain Falcon

UNLOCKED THROUGH SSE:

-Zelda
-Peach
-Bowser
-Pit
-Wario
-Ike
-Pokemon Trainer
-Diddy Kong
-Meta Knight
-Lucas
-King Dedede
-Pikmin and Olimar
-Krystal
-Claus
-Lucario
-Ganondorf
-Isaac
-Midna
-Ridley

UNLOCKED IN OTHER MODES:

-Luigi
-Mr. Game & Watch
-Jigglypuff
-Mewtwo
-Marth
-Sonic
-Snake
-Megaman
-W.W. Link
-Geno
-Lip

Characters Cut:

-Falco
-Pichu
-Dr. Mario

[END SPOILERS]

I'm ridiculously excited. Sakurai really went out of his way and made Brawl FOR the fans, BY the fans. There really aren't that many surprises on the 40 character roster, other than Lip appearing as Brawl's WTF character. Enjoy, and spread the word: THIS IS THE REAL ROSTER."

http://www.gamespot.com/users/SuperStarship/

What do you guys think? I actually think that its somewhat believable compared to other "leaks" I've read. I guess we'll never know for sure until Jan 24th :ohwell:

WaterToFire

Smash Apprentice
As far as I can tell, neither Ness nor Roy are anywhere on the list, including the Cut Characters section. That's pretty sloppy.

Rodriguezjr

Smash Apprentice
*Sigh*

When will people stop believing what others say without proof? Seriously, we'll find out next week.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
lol at the starting roster. This fails. And theres no K. Rool. Uber fail.

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
I don't mean to start any flame wars, but what's wrong with the starting roster? It's bigger than SSB64's, and the SE is obviously a big part of the game.

But yeah. Ness and Roy arn't on the Cut Characters section. I don't see Young Link on there, either.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

Cheezball

Smash Ace
I don't believe it, Midna really doesn't seem to be a good fighting character. Ya, and unlocking bowser... How come he was in the demo huh? This guy is obviously lying. I don't think anyone should post here, it will just give it more attention, which is bad.

NOTICE HE SAID" Game Faqs"

That just proves it fake.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't mean to start any flame wars, but what's wrong with the starting roster? It's bigger than SSB64's, and the SE is obviously a big part of the game.

But yeah. Ness and Roy arn't on the Cut Characters section. I don't see Young Link on there, either.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99
They aren't talking about the number of people on it...they are talking about the people that are in it...

Captain Falcon, for example...

Stalky

Smash Cadet

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99
No newcomers. This game will have at least one newcomer in the starter roster.

BoG

Smash Journeyman
I thought it was somehow confirmed sonic and snake would be unlocked in the SSE for sure?

Card

Smash Lord
Another? OMFG I'm about to Suplex SWF....
Quoted for Truth.

As far as I can tell, neither Ness nor Roy are anywhere on the list, including the Cut Characters section. That's pretty sloppy.

Quoted For Truth again..... I say its a slip-up on this attention wanters part.

Also; Serebii says Mewtwo is not playable (for what it's worth...)

Revven

FrankerZ
And... how is this anymore believable than the other "leakers"? I don't buy it. If it does come true, I'll admit that I believed wrong. But, now, I just don't have any reason to believe it.

He's not wrong yet however, not until we know for sure.

Oh I also like how everyone knows what the starting roster is, do you all have the game? If so, how'd you get it so early? :) /sarcasm

LeuMasT

Smash Apprentice
While there's no reason to believe, claiming the starting roster must be false is not substantiated, considering nobody knows it. Just wait for Sakurai to throw a better argument your way.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Also; Serebii says Mewtwo is not playable (for what it's worth...)
Well, to be fair, Serebii has never actually SAID that Mewtwo isn't playable, it's just been inferred from his disconfirmations.

It's too bad that this is probably fake; I got really excited when I saw that Claus was on there. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom