• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Read this topic if you're dumb. Yes you, the one that thinks 35 characters is too few

FutureBrawlOwner1413

Smash Apprentice
The reason I don't like the roster is not because it's small but because there's no Ridley or Krystal and there's R.O.B. instead of Krysstal as a 4th Star Fox rep which is so stupid!

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Or that Wario, Diddy Kong, Metaknight, Dedede, Lucas, Sonic, and Ike were some of the most wanted characters before the game was first shown and they're all in the game with awesome original movesets to boot.
If I heard properly, Ridley and Sonic were tied an American poll of some sort.

Or that they actually had to come up with 39 movesets (+Sheik, ZSS, and two extra pkmn), not the 35 everyone is so disgusted with.
The problem is that, according to this leak, Sakurai decided to use these movesets on extensions of a character rather than a new character altogether, which probably would have been preferred.

For the rest, I was addressing the thread of people who complain because Ridley/Geno/Krystal/Tingle/Yogi Bear didn't get in, and obviously the game isn't going to be any good now that that one character that they really wanted but a lot of people probably couldn't care less about didn't get in.
A lot of people couldn't care less?
Yeah, maybe the 12 year olds that play and fanboy games no matter what, but what about the gaming community that actually affects how games are rated? Or, sure, the game will sell well on the first day, but once people realize the game was over-hyped they'll pretty much hate it no matter how good the game is.
I was told this game would exceed my expectations, and if that's not the case that's not my fault, because 35 was the least I expected; it was the least anyone expected, really. And the least I expected was at least Ridley to get in before many other newcomers (not 3rd Party, not dependent on popularity, no competition, no over-rep), and it didn't even meet that.

Listen, and listen well: If you are disappointed with the number of characters in this game, you have only yourself to blame. Your disappointment is a result of you overhyping yourself to the point that nothing could possibly satisfy you.
I would have been satisfied with anything so long as Ridley would have been in there.

Brawl has exponentially more content than Melee does, so does that mean that Melee wasn't fanservice? It's just baffling the logic leaps you're making here, because I see things like My Music, like the Stage Editor, like SSE, like all the co-op Wifi modes, and I wonder how they managed to get all this stuff on one disk all the while putting together a balanced roster with 30+ characters.
You forget that the Smash Bros. games are largely focused on(and that means people buy the games because) multi-player. Characters should come first before anything else.

For me, the difference this is means that I will only casually play this game instead of starting playing competitively.

sirmackerel

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to point out that today's update revealed that work began on Brawl post E3 2005 in the Iwata Asks thing.

"Iwata
E3 is an international gaming event and I myself was at the E3 in May of 2005 to give a presentation about the Wii. At the time, the Wii was still being referred to by its code name "Revolution" and Nintendo revealed the exterior design of this new gaming console as well as the fact that it would include Wi-Fi support. Before the presentation, we polled a large number of people on what Nintendo titles they hoped to see made available for network play and many put Smash Bros. at the top of their list. All the employees from Nintendo of America that were involved with E3 at the time strongly wanted to announce a new Super Smash Bros. that would be compatible with Wi-Fi play. But at the time, we still hadn’t discuss this thoroughly with HAL Laboratory yet, which shared the rights to Smash Bros. with Nintendo, and we hadn’t even begun planning out the production process. So I have announced this subject, emphasizing that I was hoping that a Smash Bros. game would be released as a Wi-Fi compatible title. However, most people from Japan that were in the conference room took this as an official announcement that Nintendo was going to release a new Smash Bros. Looking back at it now, I do regret the way I said this; you can’t blame them for interpreting it that way…Naturally, it was a splash of cold water for you.

Sakurai
Absolutely. (laughs) You can imagine my surprise when I was told by the others at the E3 show site that you made the announcement out of the blue.

Iwata
I even heard that the people around you at E3 were asking you whether or not you would develop the Smash Bros. game.

Sakurai
Yeah, it was rough. (laughs) I had no idea what to say.

Iwata
So, during that E3, I invited you to my hotel room and told you what I was hoping to do. That was the start of the project…there wasn’t any specifications set, nor were there any framework. "

Contrary to popular belief, Brawl has NOT been in development for 7 years, so the "there's no way Sakurai took 7 years to make a 35 character roster" argument is misguided.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
There was no American poll. There was actually no Japanese poll but I'm tired of repeating myself on that issue.

I'd prefer Krystal stayed out of this game, thank you very much. I'd rather have ROB over Krystal. At least ROB gives hilarious reactions from those in denial (I don't mean, "there's a chance this is fake", I mean the full out "THIS IS FAKE!!!111!1!").

Adding characters doesn't change the "overhyped" or whatever you're referring to. 12 year olds and fanboys are the only ones complaining about the roster. Here's a fun observation: Most of the people who are screaming their heads off have a character support button in their sigs for a character who isn't in the game. Hell, you're a character fanboy yourself. You admit it again and again. You're pissed off because Ridley isn't in. Ridley, a character the public in Japan doesn't give a **** about.

The chance of the roster being fake has nothing to do with this thread.

Noypi_GjD

Smash Journeyman
I'd prefer Krystal stayed out of this game, thank you very much. I'd rather have ROB over Krystal. At least ROB gives hilarious reactions from those in denial (I don't mean, "there's a chance this is fake", I mean the full out "THIS IS FAKE!!!111!1!").
I'd rather have Krystal in the game permanently than a bunch of short term reactions.

Here's a fun observation: Most of the people who are screaming their heads off have a character support button in their sigs for a character who isn't in the game. Hell, you're a character fanboy yourself. You admit it again and again. You're pissed off because Ridley isn't in. Ridley, a character the public in Japan doesn't give a **** about.
The game isn't out yet. Why are you claiming that Ridley is not in the game? Calm down, I'm sure some people in Japan want Ridley, its pathetic and immature to generalize.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
No, I much prefer ROB to Krystal either way actually. I really, really don't like Krystal. Like, really.

As for Ridley, I'm again posting in reponse to people's reactions to the alleged roster. This is his reaction. He's mad because Ridley's not in. And I said the Japanese public. I know there's some people who want Ridley in. Otherwise there wouldn't have been 3 or 4 or whatever emails published on the Dojo asking for him. However, Metroid is a fairly dead series in Japan. Prime 3 has yet to be released there actually.

Noypi_GjD

Smash Journeyman
No, I much prefer ROB to Krystal either way actually. I really, really don't like Krystal. Like, really.

As for Ridley, I'm again posting in reponse to people's reactions to the alleged roster. This is his reaction. He's mad because Ridley's not in. And I said the Japanese public. I know there's some people who want Ridley in. Otherwise there wouldn't have been 3 or 4 or whatever emails published on the Dojo asking for him. However, Metroid is a fairly dead series in Japan. Prime 3 has yet to be released there actually.
Eh I don't think the lack of Metroif ruins Ridley's chances in brawl. It didn't apply for Ice Climbers/ Pit. So we just gotta wait =D.
"[ROB], a character the public in Japan doesn't give a **** about."

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Only difference between ROB and Ridley is that ROB is in and Ridley isn't ;) jk jk. I think the roster I posted on the 2nd or 3rd page is correct, but I won't push that here.

I was more referring to his overall outrage that Ridley isn't in. As much as I would like Ridley in the game, it's not too hard to believe. I'm taking it okay by thinking that Charizard will probably have a similar playstyle. On another bright note, ROB will probably play fairly uniquely!

empty

Smash Cadet
I agree.

I don't actually see the appeal of krystal. Her star appearance is in a TERRIBLE GAME (star fox adventures) and has been in far fewer games then Wolf.
Is it cause they drew her to look like a hot girl fox? Or do people really dig a character who you see for a total of 4 cut scenes. 2 other starfox games have her - in all of them she doesn't really do all that much.

This game needs more bad guys! go wolf.

....and ridley :(
im 99% sure he is a boss to go along to his "boss music"

Noypi_GjD

Smash Journeyman
I agree.

I don't actually see the appeal of krystal. Her star appearance is in a TERRIBLE GAME (star fox adventures) and has been in far fewer games then Wolf. Is it cause they drew her to look like a hot girl fox?
She's foxy =/. I'm no furry lmao, but I wouldn't mind having the whole mystalic staff action in Brawl, I think it would be quite unique. People would be impressed by her if she was animated and was shown in gameplay, I suppose I didn't want Sonic in either, but I admit... Sakurai's team made him sexy.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
There was no American poll. There was actually no Japanese poll but I'm tired of repeating myself on that issue.
ORLY?

Firestorm88 said:
Hell, you're a character fanboy yourself. You admit it again and again. You're pissed off because Ridley isn't in. Ridley, a character the public in Japan doesn't give a **** about.
1. I'm a chick.
2. I'm pretty sure Japan does give a ****.
3. Nintendo markets outside of Japan too.

:/

TenzeiX

Smash Cadet
When will a mod /lock this thread all ready >.> its like I am reading the same thing every 5th post....

"35 CHARACTERS YEAH WHINERS GO CRY", its like listening to a broken record that you just cant seem to turn off.

Kapusta.KO

Smash Cadet
Disclaimer: I am assuming Reno and MarkMan to be correct in this post.

Hi there! Acceptance is the first step to recovering from whatever illness you have. Glad to see you've considered. Now read the following to continue your recovery.

Super Smash Bros. for the N64 had 12 characters.

Super Smash Bros. Melee had 26 playable movesets.
That is an increase of 14 characters. 6 of them saw decreased development time due to the animations being re-used from other characters.

In Super Smash Bros. Brawl, there is a high chance we will get 39 playable movesets (35 characters).
That is an increase of 13. However, we expect roughly 4 of the old characters (Doc, Pichu, Roy, Mewtwo) to be removed so that means 17 new movesets. This is more than in Melee.

Now, we look at the following issue which most of you are missing: The larger the roster, the more time spent balancing the game. Yes. That's right. Balance. Every character you add, adds more time spent balancing than the character before it. There is an exponential increase in time spent balancing for every character added. I'm running out of ways to say this.

I'm sorry, but you can take your Marvel VS Capcom 2 with a bajillion characters, and you'll get that - an unbalanced game. I don't mean anything against MvC2, but character balance is not its strong suit.

Also remember, that only 2 or 3 characters in the current roster look like they might share animations (Young Link and Wolf oh jebus please don't hurt me for saying that it's just a possibility).

Now, the other things.

The Wii is new hardware. Melee ran on the GCN in 2001. Brawl is easily one of the top 3 best looking Wii games. There's been a ton of effort spent updating the visual side of the game up to 2008 standards.

The game physics has changed. More balancing required. Hi guys, this requires time too.

Subspace Emissary, Stage Builder.

And of course, the big thing: WiFi - although I'd say that's for a different team and doesn't really require the ones working on characters.

So before you go and scream about "35 CHARACTERS IS TOO LITTLE WHAT HAVE THEY BEEN DOING ALL THIS TIME" remember that it takes a lot more time to balance characters 27 to 39 than characters 13 - 26.

Then again, half of you are just babies who can't get over the fact that Ridley/Geno/Mega Man/Smiley Face probably isn't in the game.

Oh, and yes I believe 35 is the final roster number. I do believe Reno and MarkMan as legit. Considering they've been right about every fighting game leak they've done over the past couple of years, I don't see them being wrong all of a sudden because a bunch of forum people can't believe Nester isn't in the game. Hey, there's a chance they played an early build that's been changed if you really want to hold out hope ;) At least one of those two lives in Japan btw, so it would have been the Japanese version which comes out in less than 2 weeks.

Wow. The stuff I can rant about while procrastinating!
I think you need to take your first step in the recovery process as well, that being the recovery of not taking games so seriously and writing as if your life is based on this one game. Go outside.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
ORLY?

ya rly.

1. I'm a chick.
2. I'm pretty sure Japan does give a ****.
3. Nintendo markets outside of Japan too.

:/
1. My bad. I usually stay gender neutral too :(
2. Nope. Well, some do, but Japan in general doesn't care about about the Metroid series. It ranks around the same as Halo over there. And unlike America, that's not positive! Metroid is one of my favourite franchises and Samus one of my favourite characters so I'm not saying it stinks, I'm just looking at sales and perception in Japan.
3. Yes, but Nintendo has always looked at Japan first and foremost.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Also something that must be considered is the possible decloning in various characters...

If Ganondorf, Falco, Toon Link, and Wolf arent clones, thats even more developed movesets than estimated. Ganondorf and Falco would almost be new characters if they were decloned.

S2

Smash Lord
I don't know where some people magically get the idea that the game can have nearly 50 characters.

Development just doesn't work like that. It takes a lot of time to do game content, at some point developers need to compromise or stop.

With the amount of modes and the improved single player, there is no way a 48 character roster is possible. Unless half the characters are clones. Even then its probably impossible.

If the "leaked" rosters do end up being true, I'm still pissed. Cause I was a big Mewtwo fan and evidently he's cut according to most sources.

Its lame. He had an original moveset. He's a popular character. I just don't get it.

Harliart

Smash Apprentice
How bout we sucker punch this guy if he turns out to be wrong.. that would be hilarious

plasmatorture

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to point out that today's update revealed that work began on Brawl post E3 2005 in the Iwata Asks thing.
This has been common knowledge since the game was announced. Anyone who thinks it's been in development for 7 years after this much time of the info being out there is stupid.

Anyways, I think some people are msising the fact that there were 100 full time people working on the game not counting supervisors. Do you realize how huge a staff that is? It is not something to underestimate.
It's probably not unreasonable to expect a character to be fully modeled and programmed into the game in about a week. Probably half that with a staff that size, but let's just say it takes a week (among other duties). If they spent only one of their 2.5 years making characters, that's still somehwere ~50, but probably closer to 60ish if you consider how quickly they could've stamped out veterans like DK once they got in their groove. That left a year a half for a buttload of extras, balancing, SSE, and everything else that works in the game. More than enough time... especially considering they had 100 people working full time and 100 people could easily make characters at a much faster rate than 1/week... or if not that, have plenty of time for other content in that time frame.

Game balance between characters works kinda like parabola. If you have very, very few characters, it's super easy to get balance right since you have so few variables to worry about. And, if you have a massive amount of characters, it becomes easier to figure out relative power-level, and the more you make the more experience balancing them out you have means the easier it is balance. It could, conceivably, after a while, reduce balancing a new character to minor tweaks and looking for any major exploits (ie Wobbling).

They had 100 people full time working on this game. That is ridiculously huge. I keep repeating this because it is an important thing to point out. In 2.5 years, with melee creating (for some) and playing (for everyone, we assume) experience [also to note is that most of the people working on the game are probably better at it than the average member of the forum, given their insane amount of hours logged in melee], this group of 100 people could EASILY have pulled out a 40 character roster, that's full of imaginative and unique choices (not just two new ideas like the "current" roster seems to suggest). Easily 50, too, maybe.

And that's not even counting the 600 other people who helped with Brawl's development.

So yeah, I'm dissapointed with an unimaginative roster of 35 when the potential is obviously for multitudes more.

TL;DR VERSION:
The game's development team was ABSOLUTLEY MASSIVE. It is unreasonable to expect them to be able to create and balance only 35 characters, especially when quite a few of their supposed choices were god-awful bad.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
1. My bad. I usually stay gender neutral too :(
2. Nope. Well, some do, but Japan in general doesn't care about about the Metroid series. It ranks around the same as Halo over there. And unlike America, that's not positive! Metroid is one of my favourite franchises and Samus one of my favourite characters so I'm not saying it stinks, I'm just looking at sales and perception in Japan.
3. Yes, but Nintendo has always looked at Japan first and foremost.
1. I thought my sig and font would give it away. Then again, this is swf.
2&3. Yes, Japan is first and therefore they would include characters popular in Japan, but that doesn't mean excluding the ones that aren't particularly popular.
4. Yes, I am upset by my own personal reasons, but even if I wasn't I'm sure I'd understand those that would be pissed at this roster.

True Fool

Smash Ace
Considering what we've been given so far, I would say that 35 is unreasonable. Honestly, after waiting what, two or three years after hearing about it, and it being delayed twice? That would be ridiculous. Especially considering that we would pretty much know the whole roster. We already have 24 characters confirmed(and according to the "leak" the only unlockables out of them are Snake and Sonic), and then we have the characters who are bound to return, Luigi, Ganondorf, Captain Falcon, Jiggs and/or Mewtwo, maybe Ness, Marth and G&W. Only 4-7 more, considering we don't see the likes of Falco, Roy, or Young/WW Link.

Really, like plasma torture said, there were about a hundred people working on the game full-time. There were plenty of people to cover each aspect of gameplay, and I'm sure that character selection and balance weren't sacrificed for anything else. And redesigning veterans isn't very hard either, and considering that likely every original moveset is returning(it seems only about three characters are questionable on this), that's already 25 movesets half-way done. 45-50 is a perfectly reasonable number given the time and resources provided.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
@Fatmanonice: You quoted my whole post but addressed only a sentence or two. I'm not quite sure I understand the point of that.

You call the unlockable roster unimaginative, as if that has any bearing on anything. Why segregate the roster like that? I guess it's the only way you can get away with calling Brawl's roster unimaginative when it features the likes of Olimar and Pokemon Trainer, both of which are completely new takes on the standard fighting character. Or that Wario, Diddy Kong, Metaknight, Dedede, Lucas, Sonic, and Ike were some of the most wanted characters before the game was first shown and they're all in the game with awesome original movesets to boot. Or that they actually had to come up with 39 movesets (+Sheik, ZSS, and two extra pkmn), not the 35 everyone is so disgusted with. Why are you so bent out of shape about unlockabes? If the game had 50 characters and they were all available from the start, would that be disappointing for you? What's ironic about this statement is that a vast majority of the unique and imagiative characters are available straight from the get-go...

I wasn't talking down to you -- for the most part, I wasn't even talking to you directly. I quoted your post because my first paragraph addressed the sentence or two that I quoted. For the rest, I was addressing the thread of people who complain because Ridley/Geno/Krystal/Tingle/Yogi Bear didn't get in, and obviously the game isn't going to be any good now that that one character that they really wanted but a lot of people probably couldn't care less about didn't get in. Listen, and listen well: If you are disappointed with the number of characters in this game, you have only yourself to blame. Your disappointment is a result of you overhyping yourself to the point that nothing could possibly satisfy you. 40 individual characters from a decent range of franchises with unique movesets is "overhyping?" Hmm... No, of course, 40 obviously equals 60 characters, a pony, and a lifetime supply of frosted flakes... Perhaps my excessive hype, as you dub it, comes from being told that this could potentially be the final Smash Bros and how Sakurai and his staff were going to go all out because he acknowledged the mistakes he made with Melee and the mistakes that other developers had made when dealing with the masses.

I mean, come on. You're complaining that marginal characters like Little Mac, Goroh, Stafi, and Saki are ATs when none of the prior games even had Assist Trophies to begin with?And ROB isn't "marginal?" Please excuse me while I laugh long and hard... If the intellectual elite of this board are going to put ROB on such a high pedestral from here on out then it's more then obvious that they are forcing themselves to except this opinion in fear of being looked down upon. If it weren't for ATs, those characters would just be trophies. Or for some of them, you know, playable...And the game isn't fanservice? Brawl has exponentially more content than Melee does, As does every other game sequel in history so that arguement's moot. so does that mean that Melee wasn't fanservice? It's just baffling the logic leaps you're making here, because I see things like My Music, like the Stage Editor, like SSE, like all the co-op Wifi modes, and I wonder how they managed to get all this stuff on one disk all the while putting together a balanced roster with 30+ characters. What you described is fairly basic stuff in the scheme of video games. Sound Test, Debug mode, Story mode, and internet options... Meanwhile, you're complaining because ROB64 is a playable fighter and a couple of your other favourites aren't. I don't get how you can stand here and tell me that Brawl's developers did a lousy job. I don't get it at all.
AGAIN, you assume I'm complaining because several of my most wanted characters didn't get in... As I've been saying over and over again, MOST people got the short end of the stick. No Geno, No, Isaac, No Krystal, No Megaman, No Ridley, No Midna, No Black Shadow, No King K. Rool, No Claus, No Takamaru, etc. Then we have the ATs which instead of giving a nod and a wink to characters that really wouldn't have made good playable characters (ie; Samurai Goroh, Little Mac) and/or didn't really deserve to playable (ie; Waluigi) pretty much became a dumping ground for characters. From what we have seen so far, this game will feature an ridicolous number of them and I don't think it would be too much of stretch to say there are 300 or more. They created 300 assist trophies that represent an outstanding stretch of Nintendo's history but couldn't manage to create a roster just like that? Am I the only one who sees something wrong with that? You have characters like Krystal and Isaac that present unique movesets on a silver platter and you go with ROB? Is there any justice in the world? 300 ATs or a decent creative roster of at least 40 unique individual character slots? Which do you think most people would have preferred?

To answer your question about why I'm so "bent out of shape" about the unlockables is that there are so surprizes even if you somehow avoided the Dojo or any other gaming site for the past year and 8 months. Also another thing that bugs me are why are the only two third party characters the ones that have barely played any role in Nintendo's history until recently? Megaman's history, game count, and contributions to Nintendo far extend the likes of Sonic or Snake so why did he get the shaft?

Also, the whole "oh, they gave us all this other stuff" arguement is getting old. This game was in development longer then SMG, TP, Halo 3, and even many Final Fantasy titles and had a development team that had more people then some of these games combined and I'm supposed to say that stickers, more trophies, and ATs are supposed to compensate for that? Also, as far as gaming goes, making Stage Builders and having Wifi functions is not that big of a deal and is mere child's play for many development teams. I'm sure the folks at Bungie and Blizzard would easily agree with me. Stage builders have been in games as far back as the mid 90's and even games like Sonic the Hedgehog had their own debug mode. (Which is basically what a stage builder is.) Online games have been around since the mid 90's too so that's even more food for thought. Keep in mind that Brawl has a simplistic story/plot at best, probably little or no character development, and doesn't deal with full 3D environments either so it's no where as complex as you're making it out to be.

Boofer

Smash Ace
Also something that must be considered is the possible decloning in various characters...

If Ganondorf, Falco, Toon Link, and Wolf arent clones, thats even more developed movesets than estimated. Ganondorf and Falco would almost be new characters if they were decloned.
Which is the only saving grace for the tiny amount of secret newcomers.

Seikishidan Soru

Smash Journeyman
I think you need to take your first step in the recovery process as well, that being the recovery of not taking games so seriously and writing as if your life is based on this one game. Go outside.
He's not exactly the one crying here.

FangzV

Smash Journeyman
Personally, the number of characters doesn't bug me too much, unless it's like, 15. (Absurd number I know. Exactly why is would bug me)

But what matters to me is who the characters are, and more importantly, their movesets and how they play.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Reyieria, sorry your font and sig gave away nothing. They're both gender-neutral really. I realize they will take into account some worldwide opinions, I was merely presenting a reason for why Ridley being left out isn't as crazy as you think.

fatmanonice, your argument is that you're made because "lots of people didn't get what they wanted" and because a lot of the stuff was revealed already. BIG FAT HAIRY DEAL. Nobody told you to check the Dojo every day religiously. As for characters, there's no way to get everybody happy unless they kept thing game in production until 2010. God. Claus? Geno is third party by the way. And sorry to say, but that petition you made probably wasn't even seen by someone who can make decisions. Mega Man? Capcom never approached Nintendo. Look, you're definitely downlplaying the amount of effort that went into this game. If you think that they were just lying around doing nothing, you honestly do need to go check out a game development studio.

35 characters is PLENTY. We got our heavy hitters (Sonic, Snake, Pokemon Trainer, Olimar), fan favourites (Meta Knight, Diddy Kong), dead franchise (Pit), and completely WTF out of the blue (ROB). After that it's just people complaining because THEIR fan favourite isn't in.

Like Tails. Sakurai you ******* >=O

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Correction FATMANONICE. Stage Builder is as old as MACH RIDER. :D

I don't think anyone around the world would be satisfied with a ridiculous roster like this. I mean where are Japan's favorites? No Takamaru, Sukapon, etc..

We have a LOT more stages than they were on Melee so far, and I guess there are more to come.

Nobody has the official word on the internet so I suggest everyone just pipes down on this matter. We will know soon enough, but at least I, until that time, won't believe the 2 daily rumors we'll get until Jan 31.

Just because YOU are satisfied with this leaked roster is no reason to try to shove it down on others. Specially when you have

1.- No reliable source for proof.
2.- No scans pics etc.
3.- Losing credibility for acting like a jerk with a title like this. If anything, I feel dumb for READING this post.

I trust = Sakurai
I DON'T trust = You or any wannabe prophet.

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
I smile at the fact that people whine about 35 characters, neglecting the fact that Sheik and Zero Suit Samus ARE additional characters whether they like it or not. Oh, and Pokemon Trainer. 3 movesets in one. They have everything other characters have except a down B. Then we have Captain Olimar, who is full of depth with the various Pikmin and their attributes.

Yes, what a shame to have 35 characters (except it's not really 35 when you look at it), especially with some requiring strategy. How dare they make those types of characters. They should've spent time on even more fighters who fight by themselves, doing nothing like transforming into another unique moveset or having more than one moveset available to them.

Kazuya

Smash Journeyman
You make a decent argument about it, but still - 35 characters does sound like a decent amount too, but so does 26... After playing Melee for about 7 years now, 26 characters seem like nothing. And lets not forget it is a next-gen console, so there should be vast improvements overall. Considering he is taking out about... 4-6 characters I'd say, he should atleast add 4 to replace them. IMO, a decent roster size would be just about 36-40.

Currently, theres what? 26 characters announced? So, Another 12 would make sense.

We do have, Luigi, Jigglypuff, Gannondorf, CAPTAIN FALCON, and Marth to be officially announced. (Those are the characters that IMO are definetly getting back in.) So that means theres room for 8 more newcomers. Overall, we'd have 20 Newcomers and 16 veterans. Now if Falco and Mewtwo make a return we'll have 38. Which seems like a good number too.

So you're right, anything more than 40 is HIGHLY doubtful, possible, but doubtful. 36-40 is a good bet.

Remember, they can release downloadable characters in the future which would make an awesome addition to the game.

oh btw, although I agree with you doesn't mean I respect you in any way possible, you're a *** for being rather rude and obnoxious in your post. (Just thought I'd let you know before you consider me as an 'ally' in your fight for SmashBoards domination).

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
I forgot about this. I wonder if anyone is still in denial.

Kazuya, 26 characters doesn't really seem like "nothing". I still play Melee regularly.

Top Bottom