• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Read this topic if you're dumb. Yes you, the one that thinks 35 characters is too few

SolidSonic

Smash Ace
This thread fails...

They just chunked in a bunch of clones, and ****ty chars like ROB. I bet they didn't even give Ganondorf a new moveset.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
its not the 35 roster size I have a problem with, its that half of it is still clones.(ness, falco, wolf, ganondwarf is STILL a clone, slightly luigi, ect) and characters nobody cares about which, with all the time and the "HUGE" roster thing sakurai said, I am allowed to be a little mad about this whole ordeal. they ignored or didnt use alot of the most requested characters. Im still going to love the game, but I am entitled to be a little mad for a short while.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
35 characters is a fine number, the quality of some of them is **** though.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
its not the 35 roster size I have a problem with, its that half of it is still clones.(ness, falco, wolf, ganondwarf is STILL a clone, slightly luigi, ect) and characters nobody cares about which, with all the time and the "HUGE" roster thing sakurai said, I am allowed to be a little mad about this whole ordeal. they ignored or didnt use alot of the most requested characters. Im still going to love the game, but I am entitled to be a little mad for a short while.
35 characters is a fine number, the quality of some of them is **** though.
Actually, I think I probably agree with this more.

Though I'm atleast happy that they seem to be closer to Luigified clones than anything else.

abgar

Smash Apprentice
i bet the people who really like the "clone" characters for their fighting would be pissed if they changed their moveset.

and rob is the only original character, and the only *real* one so far.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
i bet the people who really like the "clone" characters for their fighting would be pissed if they changed their moveset.

and rob is the only original character, and the only *real* one so far.
Yep. I really wanted Young Link to keep his moveset and he did =D

Half of 35 is 17.5. Half of 39 is 18.5. There are not that many clones.
You have no idea who the most requested characters are. Not all the suggestions were published on the website so the compilation you guys refer to as "Sakurai's Poll" is not complete.

Spellman

Smash Ace
If we don't appreciate this effort on Nintendo's part, we'll never see another hardcore title on a Nintendo console again. Why would they want to make anymore hardcore games if all they get is mediocre sales and a bunch of complaining? Mario Party and the casual friendly games make tons of money with little effort.

Metroid Prime 3 failed. Super Mario Galaxy didn't do great. Capcom's Zack and Wiki crashed and burned. All these great efforts were all in vein.

This is like.. the last chance. The only other recognizable title on the horizon is Mario Kart. But with all the money that's been put into this one game, Brawl, I don't think they'll have it in them to do it again with all this feedback.

LightLink17

Smash Apprentice
If we don't appreciate this effort on Nintendo's part, we'll never see another hardcore title on a Nintendo console again. Why would they want to make anymore hardcore games if all they get is mediocre sales and a bunch of complaining? Mario Party and the casual friendly games make tons of money with little effort.
Obviously complaining and low sales says something about their ability to produce these games. They don't have much. Less so with sales because that can be poor marketing or some such deal, but if everybody's complaining about it, obviously something's wrong.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
Quality > Quantity

But we didn't get much of either. The cool original characers, PT are Olimar put too much awesome on the roster, but two Starfox clones (I'm sorry, similar characters, Lugified characters, whatever.), R.O.B. and a notable list of absentees weights it out.

I wouldn't have minded much if only Ridley had been left out. Or if it only was Krystal. Or anyone. But it's more than 10 characters I can list instead of R.O.B. and better clone choices (There are other franchises. Clone someone else-I mean, base a moveset on someone else, that's not Fox) too.

All in all, the roster sucking is outweighted by the other cool features. So there's quality there too.

Brawl will be a good game, even if it's roster disappoints.
(Replace "Brawl" with "Melee" and I said this somewhere in November 2001.)

CAPTAIN BUTTS

Smash Cadet
The thing that pisses me off the most about this whole affair is that the characters they put on the Dojo were the ONLY new characters, Lucario aside, they put ANY real effort into designing. If this leak business hadn't happened, the roster you'd expect from looking at what was revealed on the Dojo would have been awesome. It was shaping up to be what everyone wanted. Even if it were 5 or so new characters, so long as that level of quality had continued it would have been brilliant. But no, they were only willing to spend time designing this handful of characters which would be shown, to add some more coal to the hype train, but apart from that the ones we weren't supposed to know about until the game's release were entirely negligible as far as they were concerned. They honestly didn't give a **** so long as the Dojo had a good enough showing to get everyone hyped. And I think that's pretty horrible, myself.

iluvnintendo1983

Smash Journeyman
The thing that pisses me off the most about this whole affair is that the characters they put on the Dojo were the ONLY new characters, Lucario aside, they put ANY real effort into designing. If this leak business hadn't happened, the roster you'd expect from looking at what was revealed on the Dojo would have been awesome. It was shaping up to be what everyone wanted. Even if it were 5 or so new characters, so long as that level of quality had continued it would have been brilliant. But no, they were only willing to spend time designing this handful of characters which would be shown, to add some more coal to the hype train, but apart from that the ones we weren't supposed to know about until the game's release were entirely negligible as far as they were concerned. They honestly didn't give a **** so long as the Dojo had a good enough showing to get everyone hyped. And I think that's pretty horrible, myself.
I totally agree. I wouldn't be as mad at the roster had Nintendo not revealed all the good characters months ago, and had saved them for now. Because Nintendo was revealing good characters like King Dedede, Sonic, and Captain Olimar long before the game's release...it got people like me thinking, "If these are the characters they are spilling the beans on now, I can't wait to see what the 'top secret' characters are going to be!" Then, I find out that most of these so called top secret characters, are just returning veterans that most people already figured would be back. And out of the new characters that hadn't been revealed on the Dojo yet, Lucario is really the only exciting one.

Top Bottom