• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Read THIS before asking how to do something - Terms and Advanced Tech

jayrico

Smash Apprentice
Fastfall - Pressing down after the apex of your jump to fall much faster than normal. Unlike SSBM, you cannot fast fall in the middle of a move.
Isai said that you can fast fall after an aerial attack with some characters.

You can shuffle DK's AUA/ANA/ABA and Luigi AUA/ANA/ADA and Mario AUA/ANA and Kirby ANA/ABA and Link ADA(when opponent on the ground mostly I think) and Pikachu ANA/AUA and most of Samus and Ness ADA all of jiggly. I wonder what else
link: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=1528470&highlight=shffl#post1528470

_kSo_

Smash Master
Yea, I heard about that. Apparently only isai can do it consitently, but what do I know, I've never even tried it. Hopefully there arent anymore shffls that are possible kuz then this game will get blown wide into the open again as far as competitive play goes

jayrico

Smash Apprentice
what do you mean by shffing exactly
shffl=short hop fast fall lag cancel. In other words fast falling after a short hop aerial attack. I'm wondering if there is a noticeable difference in your duration in the air if you short hop fast fall your aerial attack or not.

Frazzlehoon

Smash Rookie
Well, I'm pretty sure the Ant-D knows what shffling is, but what else is there to RESARCH?

malva00 said:
You can shuffle DK's AUA/ANA/ABA and Luigi AUA/ANA/ADA and Mario AUA/ANA and Kirby ANA/ABA and Link ADA(when opponent on the ground mostly I think) and Pikachu ANA/AUA and most of Samus and Ness ADA all of jiggly. I wonder what else
Mostly everything has been explained in that post. There is like nothing else to find out. :/

cmasterchoe

Smash Journeyman
I think its only possible to ff after an aerial is completed. if you hit down while doing an aerial, it would do dair... however it does ff on dair if you are already past the apex of your jump

greenblob

Smash Lord
Yeah, that's what I was thinking... SH, wait until you're at the top, FF, and then aerial into Z cancel (I do this a lot with Samus' bair for some reason). But wouldn't that be too slow?

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Sheesh guys, sorry for using commonly accepted SSBM lingo that almost applies here. Besides, shuffle sounds so much better than...shzc. Considering actually doing a fastfall during the shuffle in SSB is...somewhat impractical.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Me and Winston once dubbed it the shizzle for personal use, I don't know how you guys like it :p

ant-d

Smash Lord
In other words fast falling after a short hop aerial attack
You mean fast falling before an attack?

I have that data:

Black = cannot hit
malva00 said:

Rupus

BRoomer
BRoomer
My brother said the exact same thing >_>

Ant, could you possibly make a video showing the uses of this? I'm not sure how much faster it'd make your character, so I'm not sure how useful it'd be.

ant-d

Smash Lord
It wont be good to show in a video, I think. An example is SHFF some of Falcon's Up-airs to get the opponent closer to the ground. Or SHFF Drills so the opponent has less opportunity to DI.

Some attacks are harder to fast fall than others. So remember that you do not need to press down to fast fall.

To SH FF Fox's ABA, for example, it may be easier to press as close to backward as possible+A. So Fox will FF and perform ABA very quickly. Changing from absolute Down to absolute Back/Forward may be difficult.

This is as far away from down which still results in FF:

_kSo_

Smash Master
I don't know about sh'ing and ff'ing but i know for sure when you are coming down from high up, sometimes a ff bair is a nice mind game (aka falcon) because typically they are expecting a dair or whatever so the range of the bair will surprise them

ant-d

Smash Lord
Maybe someone wants to know this

I call it base hit stun in this table. It is the amount of time the opponent is stunned for after the attack at 0%, not including freeze frames. This table happens to be Kirby's A-attacks.

Colours represent same number in column.

D

Deleted member

I'm having trouble playing... I'm pretty **** sure it's because I have Windows Vista... I open PJ64k, click the rom, it loads, then crashes and closes... it works on my friend's computer (Windows XP), so I don't know if it's because I have Vista or something else... if anyone could help, that would be great...

Zantetsu

Smash Master
I'm having trouble playing... I'm pretty **** sure it's because I have Windows Vista... I open PJ64k, click the rom, it loads, then crashes and closes... it works on my friend's computer (Windows XP), so I don't know if it's because I have Vista or something else... if anyone could help, that would be great...
Woh wrong place to ask a question XP. Anyways right click on pj64k>Properties>Compadibility>Check "Run this program in compadibility for...". Then click "Windows XP Service pack 2".

That should work =\

unityole

Smash Lord
heres a tier list of what i think which should go on top above which character. and this is what i believe that it's true for most skilled players.

Pikachu
Kirby
Fox
Captain Falcon

Med
Ness
Link
Jigglypuff
DK

Bottom
Mario
Yoshi
Samus
Luigi

knowing that link is med tier since its a fast fall, fast moving/attacking character in air
also notice that the bottom tier consist of floaty characters. Jiggly puff not in it since it's attacks are similar to kirby and it's ground speed makes up for it. Yoshi im just not too good at timing with parry
but since its too slow on the ground and with no UP-B recovery, it fit low tier, other than that im gonna have to have prince or sossi correct me on this. Possibly best yoshi users in the world?

proof? watch isai or superboom lose with mario more often than losing with link.
weather u like it or not, slow air attack characters and slow fallers aren't very good against fast fall characters.

and heres GLITCHES for ssb64.
- fox, ness, ness. PK thunder with 1 ness, fox reflect it back to 2nd ness and 2nd ness bats it. gets 2 tailed PK thunder and if anything made contact in it's path game freezes.

- white fox, red hat pikachu in ffa mode on dreamland. still testing this but only 2 characters are allowed, has to be fox and pikachu (not sure if the colours matter) Fox can do whatever except for jumping off the edge. Pikachu rolls all the way to left or right edge, hold shield and self shield break. pikachu will then fall down to heaven, and the game will freeze.

greenblob

Smash Lord
If you've been keeping up with the Brawl news, you probably know about "hugging"--grabbing the ledge from the platform. Well, I found out that you can already kinda do this with Fox!

Dash towards a ledge, turn and hold the stick that way, and if you timed it correctly you should turn, slide off, and then grab the ledge.

I don't know if you can do this with other characters, but I've tried it out with a few and it seems like only Fox can do it.

Edit: can someone check with some other characters? I don't have the best tech skill, so yeah...

I'll probably upload a vid of Fox doing this by this weekend if people still have questions.

unityole

Smash Lord
- fox, ness, ness. PK thunder with 1 ness, fox reflect it back to 2nd ness and 2nd ness bats it. gets 2 tailed PK thunder and if anything made contact in it's path game freezes.

- white fox, red hat pikachu in ffa mode on dreamland. still testing this but only 2 characters are allowed, has to be fox and pikachu (not sure if the colours matter) Fox can do whatever except for jumping off the edge. Pikachu rolls all the way to left or right edge, hold shield and self shield break. pikachu will then fall down to heaven, and the game will freeze.

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master

you know..this has nothing to do with a tier list

also marios and luigis recoveries are much better than links

Top Bottom