• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Read THIS before asking how to do something - Terms and Advanced Tech

greenblob

Smash Lord
Hm... with pivoting, couldn't you do something similar to a wavedash->down smash from Melee (forward smash wouldn't work if you're not facing the correct direction, but down smash doesn't depend so much on the direction).

Also, people were asking about CCing a while back. The best way to see the effects of CCing is with the shine. When the shine is CC'd, there is a significant decrease of knockback (compared to not CCing) and for some characters, there is no need to tech.

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
jiggly's wierd teleport slide thingy isn't in there, can someone add that to the list or tell me how to do it? I'm not sure exactly how it goes, I can do it about once out of 10 or so tries but I'm not sure what I do when I get it :p thanks.

Thino

Smash Master
I remember antd saying there's an exact frame to press C to make teleport distance longer , with Jiggly at least , I dont know about Samus

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I remember ant-d saying it was a specific frame to get a good slide, but it worked within a certain short framespan...
And yeah, I'd like to know how to do it too. Hehe.

greenblob

Smash Lord
Well, if you went to the smashwiki article, you'd know that it's the 3rd frame. I think that you can do it on the 5th frame or something, but you'll go a shorter distance.

greenblob

Smash Lord
What do you want to call the sing-canceled teleport? I labeled it as "extended teleport" on smashwiki, but I think we should get some type of consensus for an official name.

ant-d

Smash Lord
Japanese combo counter in training mode is less accurate than US version.

Although the US version is still inaccurate.

In Japanese version the counter can be 2 frames inaccurate. US is 1 frame. (meaning that its possible to escape on 1 or 2 frames)

This doesn't take into account the error of not resetting when hitting the floor..... (hitting the opponent on the same frame they hit the floor)

What this means is, a combo can still be escapable even though training mode still counts it as a combo.

This is why I hardly use training mode.

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
I remember people talking in some other thread about not being able to be running and jump into the shorthop, d-air, and u-air combo with mario (In other words you must do a standing sh) But you actually can if you are quick enough. I was messing around on the console a while back and found out. Unfortunately I can't do it online because of the delay.

Super Mari0

Smash Journeyman
Please tell me how you do the tilt up !!!! i always jump first because of the keyboard!!!

How do others do their Tilt up?

Box_of_Fox

Smash Journeyman
Yes, Mario wait for the lag of another attack, or after a z-cancel/l-cancel, and then you're able to uptilt on a keyboard.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Some reason with Falcon I can do standing Utilts...someone wanna fill me in on this? I kinda wanna know how I'm doing them...
This is with keyboard.

Dave_Uk

Smash Apprentice
Was just messing around on SSB and discovered that you can quick attack down through a platform from standing. Dunno if this is generally known or not.

ant-d

Smash Lord
Here's a semi random fact:

After you are hit, a countdown timer starts and you cannot do anything before it reaches 2. When it reaches 0, the tumbling/recovering animation begins and you can perform some type of attack.
This means each attack is allocated a "stun timer" at the exact time it hits. Each attack is given a time where the opponent cannot do anything until it reaches 2.
The reason why it ends on 2 and not 0 is because it takes 2 frames to activate any input. 1 frame for input (to press the button) and 1 frame for the game to process and accept it.

It's also a good way to tell if a combo is truly a combo in vs mode..

Top Bottom