• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RE EDITED Danimals Guide To Maining Diddy Kong, (VIDEOS updated)

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
Wow @ Gimpy. Seriously man, you are getting a bit too serious I think. LoL, I told you guys, Gimpy's left that "play the char you like" stuff at the door w/Brawl. It's FTW or bust for him from now on. What a shame... (Do you need me to say "j/k" so I don't get bitten too?)

On topic: Naner's are MAAD effective. I only recorded 1 set vs ROFL from the tourny 2 weeks ago, when I was still getting used to it, so I probly didn't use too many of them (can't remember), but I def am now. Seriously, they're really really effective. To 2nd Danny's response to the other person's Q: They are effective against both types of char's IMO. It's really good for quick char's like he said cuz it screws up their ground approach, which they rely on, but it's also useful on bigger because they're easier to hit initially. I'm referring to throwing them, which also knocks the opponent down into the seated, "trip" position. (What do we call that exactly?) If you're quick enough and have more than 1 at your disposal, you can chuck another at them before they're able to stand up or roll, given you more dmg and causing them to trip again. Of course after this or after being knocked from only one, you can run up and grab before than can recover also. Extremely useful setup IMO. I find myself going out of my way to attempt throwing Naners as much as possible. Aside from the usefulness, they're just so **** fun! Definitely my current favorite move in Brawl so far... :)

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
Dude, have you even bothered watching a match that some1 does this in? There's plenty. You spring board off of them high up and they get shot far down. You can't attack immediately afterwards by any means. You do start to decend rather quickly afterwards though, and if you save your jump I could imagine being able to perform another atk falling, while they're trying to get back up, but it'd be risky. Nothing's for sure though, you'd have to try it out..

GOTM

Smash Champion
okay, thx. so when send them down, can u downA spike them immediately? or are they sent down outside of the downA's attack reach?

*imagines a nasty combo*
i guess you could follow with a downA spike, but two things, it would be hard, haha, and a ***** to get back, depending on where it happened.

i beleive there is some delay after u send them down and you pop up

pesticide

Smash Lord
alright. btw, has anyone made a combo video for brawl yet? not with just diddy, but in general, with any characters?

obviously the vid wouldnt be great cuz the combo's arent as good as they will be, but anyways....

Phinny

Smash Rookie
hey what are diddy's taunts?
I really hope he makes a boombox ref to DC2 =)

CAOS

Smash Journeyman
hey what are diddy's taunts?
I really hope he makes a boombox ref to DC2 =)
diddys taunts

1.throws his hat in the air then catches it then puts it back on

2. points his two hands in the smae direction and starts shaking like hes having a seizure.

3.then third he start hoping side to side and clapping his hands

GOTM

Smash Champion
alright. btw, has anyone made a combo video for brawl yet? not with just diddy, but in general, with any characters?

obviously the vid wouldnt be great cuz the combo's arent as good as they will be, but anyways....
actually yes, someone had a fox combo vid out against like all CPU's, haha.

i mean, it was decent for the time it was released and who it was against i guess

pesticide

Smash Lord
lol @ the combo vid vs all comps :p

those are cool taunts that diddy has too

edit: the max # of bananas u can have on the field @ once is 2 right? or is that per diddy playing?

does that mean that if there's 4 diddys, then there could be 8 'nanners? 0.o

CAOS

Smash Journeyman
lol @ the combo vid vs all comps :p

those are cool taunts that diddy has too

edit: the max # of bananas u can have on the field @ once is 2 right? or is that per diddy playing?

does that mean that if there's 4 diddys, then there could be 8 'nanners? 0.o
yeah there could be 8 nanars lol

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
Sorry, I had trouble understanding what you were trying to say in the guide.

Could you like, redo the whole thing?

Actually danny, I'm kidding. I've been working on a guide of my own that should help you out.
It's a guide to the English language.
I'll link you to it when i'm done.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Sorry, I had trouble understanding what you were trying to say in the guide.

Could you like, redo the whole thing?

Actually danny, I'm kidding. I've been working on a guide of my own that should help you out.
It's a guide to the English language.
I'll link you to it when i'm done.
BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

He just called you a *****.

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
I'm sorry that was mean.
But i only do it because he always talks **** saying I have a gambling problem. :) :)

I don't. If anything he's the one with the problem. He keeps money matching my ganon after losing an endless amount of matches..
I hope he doesn't try MMing me in brawl.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
danny i'm goin to joeys house some time this week to work on my overall guide, after that we should record a couple matches so you can show people how to play diddy (because comparatively speaking, i think the matches we have recorded of you aren't very good)

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
Actually, it kinda was, LoL. If I hadn't played Diddy already I probly wouldn't have understood 75% of it. No love lost though, Danny...

I love your humor, Hugo; I never get tired of it...

shrinkray21

Smash Ace
Danimals...if you get a shot...could you explain the up b more fully...having not played him yet...I'm curious the angles that are allowed and the speed and how much you charge it.

CAOS

Smash Journeyman
when i get home today ill redo all of it K

and Hugo get rid of your gambling problem LMAo

think about your family

Im going to actually make a play dealing with hugos gambling problems look out for that soon
LOVE YOU STILL HUGO

-Q-

Smash Cadet
i was wondering, does Diddy's up-b come out of the shield? I played Samus in melee and her screw attack was good for getting out of tight situations in the shield. And it looked like Diddy's barrel blast did some good damage.

CAOS

Smash Journeyman
Danimals...if you get a shot...could you explain the up b more fully...having not played him yet...I'm curious the angles that are allowed and the speed and how much you charge it.
THERE I UPDATED IT AND FIXED IT FOR IT COULD BE EASIER TO READ SO HOPE IT HELPS

CAOS

Smash Journeyman
wow, this reminds me of a certain diddy guide. Did you use my guide as a reference. cuz this newly structured guide is eerily similar to my guide. colors and all....peace

-hiro
lmao just cause I used red that doesnt mean its the same
and read what it says its way different not even one word is the same
lol good try though

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
lmao just cause I used red that doesnt mean its the same
and read what it says its way different not even one word is the same
lol good try though
ok your an idiot for your misunderstanding of my post. i never said you copied what i wrote. i said you structured it similar to mine. Even your subtopics and points are the same as mine. this happened after you changed it after my thread has been out for a while. your previous guide wasn't even close to looking like mine, now it looks extremely similar to mine. just saying....peace

-hiro

CAOS

Smash Journeyman
ok your an idiot for your misunderstanding of my post. i never said you copied what i wrote. i said you structured it similar to mine. Even your subtopics and points are the same as mine. this happened after you changed it after my thread has been out for a while. your previous guide wasn't even close to looking like mine, now it looks extremely similar to mine. just saying....peace

-hiro

I didnt change after yours been out for a while,
I changed everything cause Hugo was complaining at mine
Peace-Danimals

Kyle_Wattula

Smash Journeyman
Your guide is weak. All you did was explained what moves looked like. Where's the strategy, zoning, Anti-airs, midgames, ledguarding.

OH WAIT. Diddy doesn't need em.

All B**** monkey needs is runningA, Usmash, Fair.

You could spend more time elablorating on those animations and how pretty they look. Or talk aout banana, which, may I add, gives free runningA, Usmash, Fair.

Faustum

Smash Rookie
Your guide is weak. All you did was explained what moves looked like. Where's the strategy, zoning, Anti-airs, midgames, ledguarding.

OH WAIT. Diddy doesn't need em.

All B**** monkey needs is runningA, Usmash, Fair..
waaaaaaaaah

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
I didnt change after yours been out for a while,
I changed everything cause Hugo was complaining at mine
Peace-Danimals
yes you did change it because Hugo was complaining. but Hugo complained, AFTER my guide was out for awhile. which means you changed it, AFTER my guide was already out. im just saying, your guide went from looking nothing like mine, to looking very similar after your change. so yeah. it was just an observation...peace

EDIT: and if you dont believe me, hugo asked you to change it on the 22nd, my guide came out on the 14th. within that time, you've seen my guide. so you cant oppose the possibility that my guide might have had some contribution. anyways, iy doesnt matter. the more guides, the merrier. we have to collect all of our knowledge to make diddy a beast.

-hiro

Top Bottom