• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RE EDITED Danimals Guide To Maining Diddy Kong, (VIDEOS updated)

Jonathan_Meadows

Smash Cadet
I'm not really sure why this guide was stickied. When Brawl comes out in the U.S. we should play! I'm interested in seeing how good you are.

Ike_Rules_A7X

Smash Rookie
DIDDY KONG SUCKS! but he is a very funny character, me and my brother have loads Ike vs. Diddy Kong battles, and they are so funny! he places the peals so that after a quick draw i fall and wen i roll up i trip up again LOL!

LittleKey

Smash Cadet
You might want to add that the peanut gun doesn't hurt you if it blows up. Not a very useful fact, because it probably won't happen much, but it might be worth having there. Nice guide, keep up the good work.

REDFIELD246

Smash Apprentice
Hey Danianimals, I've been playing Diddy somewhat non-stop since I got the game, probably be a Diddy main. What would you say is his best KO move? Seems to be so far that he gets most of his kills in the air.

CAOS

Smash Journeyman
Hey Danianimals, I've been playing Diddy somewhat non-stop since I got the game, probably be a Diddy main. What would you say is his best KO move? Seems to be so far that he gets most of his kills in the air.
has to be his d smash

or his f smash

really good for k.o
but just dont spam it cause it gets weak real fast

Foe

Smash Journeyman
Here's some things that work pretty well:

Banana throw at him > dash > fsmash/dsmash right before he lands.

Dthrow > Fair (Higher %)

Or you can do throw and try to follow up with a smash.

ThePurpleCobra

Smash Apprentice
one thing u can add that i discovered today is that diddy throws smashed bananas further than tilted ones when we pulls one out

also the fastest way to grab one is tilted down be then shorthop nair

ipitydatfu

Smash Master
i dont know where to ask this, but i dont want to start a new thread for this as well:

where is that vid where diddy KO's some guy using bananas on the scrolling super mario stage?

REDFIELD246

Smash Apprentice
Here's some things that work pretty well:

Banana throw at him > dash > fsmash/dsmash right before he lands.

Dthrow > Fair (Higher %)

Or you can do throw and try to follow up with a smash.

Haha, I just owned my friend with those combos. Thanks.

WhiteCarnation

Smash Cadet
I'm still new to the game but found this guide very helpful. It's helping me get on track to getting into the mind of why and when to use moves instead of just spazing out.

Diddy Kong is such a fun character!

CAOS

Smash Journeyman
Yeah if anybody finds out anything about Diddy post it and it will help out us diddy players

feel free thats what this threads for

S0X

Smash Cadet
I might main Diddy he seems pretty fun and was playing around wit him earlier but I couldn't seem to figure if his f-smash or d-smash is better for K.O.

Can someone help

ThePurpleCobra

Smash Apprentice
in brawl the knock back of an attack reduces pretty quickly when you keep using an the attack. the dsmash and fsmash are both good KO moves so your best kill move is the one uve used less that life

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
I might main Diddy he seems pretty fun and was playing around wit him earlier but I couldn't seem to figure if his f-smash or d-smash is better for K.O.

Can someone help
After practicing in training mode I found the fsmash to be slightly better. Both dsmash and fsmash will KO an opponent off the edge of the Final Destination stage at 75%, however the fsmash can KO them in the middle of Final Destination while the dsmash just doesn't have enough juice when still at 75%.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
A slight downflaw

...Actually I did these when the smashes were ALL the way charged. In a competitive match it's nearly impossible to pull it off 100% charged, so look for the lowest percentage, fast, fc-stick fsmash at around 100% with the dsmash slighlty higher.

CAOS

Smash Journeyman
did anyone want to play online right now
Im ready to play

my friends code is
1504-5374-1670

someon lets play im bored right now

Illussionary

Smash Journeyman
I just have a couple critiques for your guide.

1. Maybe put a Pros and Cons section
2. Make it little bit easier read also by maybe adding some pictures instead of being a wall of colorful text.
3. Also include the damage attacks do, maybe there pushback too.
4. Also state what type of move it is such as a combo move, KO move, etc
5. Also try to be more exact in the KO range for each move, instead of saying 80-90%
6. A Table of Contents would be nice also.

Other then those things, Great Guide!

WhiteCarnation

Smash Cadet
Little thing:

Even if Dedede is on the way down with his Up+B, which is usually an unstoppable slam, you can still hit him with the jetpack by charging it up and crashing into him

given the limited mobility of the user once they start falling, just line up and POW.

CAOS

Smash Journeyman
there i updated the guide with pros and cons

and soon im going to put up some recent matches of my diddy
cause the vids i have of me was when the game wasnt out so ill update soon with that

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Lol...

In the PROS section:

You stated that the utilt is lagless. Its not lagless...its fast maybe, but definetly not lagless.

You also stated that his dash attack is lagless. Same deal here, just because its fast doesn't mean it can't be blocked and shield-cancel dsmashed by a metaknight.....

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
double post.

You also put something about in the PROS section about how his throws are good and how they sometimes lead to aerials.

Lol..........throws to aerials in brawl. Dude what game are you playing? I'm playing the one with lagless air dodges after being thrown with no hitstun.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
I'm not sure if this is exactly a strategy or just situational, but while playing against a larger character, I set up the bananas around the opponent, then i kept using the my pop guns.. it caused the person (rob) to continuously fall for as long as i kept shooting him.

it could be that the person kept rolling into the peanuts, or maybe an online lag or something idk.

FlyingMudPuppy

Smash Rookie
Okay. Im new to smash in general, this being the first of the trilogy I've owned. I want to pick someone to main, and Diddy is one on my list of five, and my favorite-except: Whenever I play wifi free-for-all, I can't play consistently. The same people two matches in a row I can't do the same. It could be a few things. It seems to me the matches are decided by items and super smashes a lot, or just luck. Im a noob, and am guilty of my share of button mashing which seems an additional factor to me. Another of my theories is that Diddy is too hard to use for a new player, the learning curve too big and complicated..

You guys seem very experienced, so what do you think? Should I pick another character, or is there a reason I don't do well with Diddy in wifi free for all? Also, how would you rate the priority of Diddy's whole moveset (1-10)?

And, don't get me wrong, I love Diddy and the bananas (even though I have trouble using them effectively in FFA) and the idea of mind games with him.

CAOS

Smash Journeyman
Okay. Im new to smash in general, this being the first of the trilogy I've owned. I want to pick someone to main, and Diddy is one on my list of five, and my favorite-except: Whenever I play wifi free-for-all, I can't play consistently. The same people two matches in a row I can't do the same. It could be a few things. It seems to me the matches are decided by items and super smashes a lot, or just luck. Im a noob, and am guilty of my share of button mashing which seems an additional factor to me. Another of my theories is that Diddy is too hard to use for a new player, the learning curve too big and complicated..

You guys seem very experienced, so what do you think? Should I pick another character, or is there a reason I don't do well with Diddy in wifi free for all? Also, how would you rate the priority of Diddy's whole moveset (1-10)?

And, don't get me wrong, I love Diddy and the bananas (even though I have trouble using them effectively in FFA) and the idea of mind games with him.
Diddys not that hard just keep practicing with him and you will get the hang of it,
he like a 7 on the learning scale
but if you like diddy alot stick with him]

Top Bottom