• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman Revolution

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I was just thinking, what would you guys think Rayman's title on the Boxing Ring would be?

Limbless Hero sounds like something they would do, but does anyone remember the first trailer for Rayman Origins? I'd love if his title was "The Thingamajig".

"The Limbless Wonder" sounds like it would be the most likely choice.

Though building off your idea, it would be a neat touch if his Boxing Ring title said:
Man
Vegetable

Thingamajig

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
"The Limbless Wonder" sounds like it would be the most likely choice.

Though building off your idea, it would be a neat touch if his Boxing Ring title said:
Man
Vegetable

Thingamajig
"The Limbless... Thingamajig?" Silly idea of having ellipses and a question mark as if they themselves had no idea what to think of him.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
'Limbless Thingamajig?' is probably my favorite suggestion, but I can see them going for something simple like "Hero of the Glade of Dreams"

Takasmash

Smash Ace
I change my twitter name Put Rayman In Smash Ultimate until he's officially announce as a fighter in Ultimate.

Staarih

Smash Master
I’ve probably been here before, but stopping by again to show my support for Rayman! He’s one of my most wanted 3rd party characters in Smash at the moment (along with likes of Geno and some indies... Rayman likely has a better shot than those others haha).

I was also wondering, after having Rayman Legends on the Wii U, I’d like to try out the 3D games as well. Are they any good? The one for the 3DS would probably be easiest for me to pick up atm.

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
the 3d ones are great too! gotta say Rayman 2 on 3DS is kind of a ****ty port. I'd reccommend going to GOG.com and buying R2 on there
same goes for R3

D

Deleted member

I've been playing Rayman Origins recently.
I never got around to beat it since I wasn't really a dedicated gamer at the time I bought it and I didn't bother logging into my Steam account until recently.
I'm currently on World 3 and I plan on getting a 100% completion.

RetroMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
retrog97
Any idea of the stage soundtrack?
As of right now, I don't really have any stage soundtrack ideas... (I haven't played any Rayman games in awhile. I'll look around for some music.) But there is one bit of Rayman music that I'd love in Smash...
Just imagine this starting up when a match begins.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Any idea of the stage soundtrack?
The Precipice from Rayman 2 is a big want of mine.
Imagining a full orchestral remix of this theme gives me goosebumps.

Of course, some other tracks I would like to see are:

Band Land (Rayman 1) (which would also make a really good stage).
Reflux boss fight (Rayman 3)
Tricky Treasure (Rayman Origins)
Final Batlle (Rayman 2)
Moving Ground (Rayman Legends)
Land of the Livid Dead-Chasing a Dream (Rayman Origins)

BigShad

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0602-6501-8253
Y'know what? I fully support Rayman. Considering Ubisoft's been getting all buddy-buddy with Nintendo, I can definitely see a rep from them... but it'll likely be the not-Minions. You know who I'm talkin' about. Now their appearance in Kingdom Battle was alright, I ain't gonna lie, but Rayman hasn't been getting nearly as enough love as he deserves; and without him, those rabbit monstrosities probably never would've gotten up off of the ground (at least I think so).
Wouldn't mind seeing the Rabbids as a trophy/assist though. Betilla would be great too.
Edit: Oh, sorry, might've gotten a bit rant-y. No disrespect to anyone who wants the Rabbids in too. 'Is That An Eggplant?' would make a great stage title imo. Or... at least a Palutena conversation topic for Pit.

Last edited:

Nothgard

Smash Cadet

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Man you guys got me listening to the Rayman 2 soundtrack. I can't believe I can't remember most of these tracks. I guess I played the game when music wasn't a big part of my life.

I honestly see more tracks coming from origins and legends, but I hope we get a few gems from 1, 2, and 3 (and maybe Arena) snuck in there.

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
Y'know what? I fully support Rayman. Considering Ubisoft's been getting all buddy-buddy with Nintendo, I can definitely see a rep from them... but it'll likely be the not-Minions. You know who I'm talkin' about. Now their appearance in Kingdom Battle was alright, I ain't gonna lie, but Rayman hasn't been getting nearly as enough love as he deserves; and without him, those rabbit monstrosities probably never would've gotten up off of the ground (at least I think so).
Wouldn't mind seeing the Rabbids as a trophy/assist though. Betilla would be great too.
Edit: Oh, sorry, might've gotten a bit rant-y. No disrespect to anyone who wants the Rabbids in too. 'Is That An Eggplant?' would make a great stage title imo. Or... at least a Palutena conversation topic for Pit.
Nah he's still the most requested Ubi rep and I think they know that

BigShad

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0602-6501-8253
Nah he's still the most requested Ubi rep and I think they know that
I fully believe ya, but I also know that Ubisoft probably raged like hell when the Minions because obscenely popular over their Rabbids, and last I checked they were totally trying to compensate for that. Might be wrong though.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
A part of me feels like it wouldn't make sense for Rayman to be an AT since it would be redundant to have both him and Sukapon be ATs.
Granted, Sukapon could throw punches and grab opponents, while Rayman could run across the stage and attack opponents with midair kicks. However, both of them are limbless fighters and functionally speaking, you only need one to fill that archetype.
Come to think of it, aren't there two ATs in Smash that share a similar design, but different functionality?

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
A part of me feels like it wouldn't make sense for Rayman to be an AT since it would be redundant to have both him and Sukapon be ATs.
Granted, Sukapon could throw punches and grab opponents, while Rayman could run across the stage and attack opponents with midair kicks. However, both of them are limbless fighters and functionally speaking, you only need one to fill that archetype.
Come to think of it, aren't there two ATs in Smash that share a similar design, but different functionality?
Andross and Dr Kawashima is probably the closest I can think of two similar designs (two giant heads) with different functionalities tbh.
The other closest thing is Ashley and Kat & Ana because they share the same designer and have similar proportions.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Someone asked this in the K. Rool thread, and I'm curious to what you guys think about this as well. What should Rayman's entrance be? Should he come jumping in and giving his entry gesture in Origins and Legends, or should he warp in like he does in Rayman 2? Or do you have any other thoughts, like flying in with his helicopter hair?

Takasmash

Smash Ace
I wonder after the DK DLC do you think there will be Rayman DLC in Mario Rabbids.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Someone asked this in the K. Rool thread, and I'm curious to what you guys think about this as well. What should Rayman's entrance be? Should he come jumping in and giving his entry gesture in Origins and Legends, or should he warp in like he does in Rayman 2? Or do you have any other thoughts, like flying in with his helicopter hair?
His Origins/Legends intro sounds the most likely but the Rayman 2 intro would be a much better callback.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Have stage ideas been discussed? Rayman doesn't really have that many iconic landmarks, so if Sakurai had to pick a stage he'd probably pick some random level.

Although, if it was up to me, a stage in Razorbeard's Prison ship would be amazing, add a Grolgoth stage boss and that would be the cherry on top.

I'd also be down with Land of the Livid Dead from Origins if we have to go with the modern Rayman games.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Have stage ideas been discussed? Rayman doesn't really have that many iconic landmarks, so if Sakurai had to pick a stage he'd probably pick some random level.

Although, if it was up to me, a stage in Razorbeard's Prison ship would be amazing, add a Grolgoth stage boss and that would be the cherry on top.

I'd also be down with Land of the Livid Dead from Origins if we have to go with the modern Rayman games.
Just gonna drop this right here.

Made this a couple years ago. The background is concept art from the canceled Rayman 4 game, but everything in the foreground was done by me.

Band Land would be my ideal pick for a Rayman stage. In my eyes, it's the most iconic stage from the first game, and does a great job at representing both the wacky and whimsical elements of the series.

In terms of other levels, The Precipice could be a great scrolling stage, and as you mentioned, Land of the Livid Dead could also make a great stage.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Dude, that stage is sick! Great work.

I'd personally love to see a stage from Rayman 2, since it was the first Rayman game I played and is still one of my all time favorites, but I love the idea of Band Land from 1 (never had a chance to play, but I love the design).

Most likely we'll see something from Origins or Legends.

Another question, Rayman's voice. I love the garbled, non speak they did in 2 (before voice acting was put in), and the pig Latin they did for origins and legends was a step in the right direction after what happened in 3 (Billy West as Murphy was really the only good part, and he was gone after act 1).

I'd totally be ok if they just ported over the noises he makes in 2 and call it a day.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
The Origins/Legends voice clips would most likely be recycled, though using David Gasman voice clips would be a pleasant surprise.

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
So guys, I just caught a glimpse of the smash ballot results from Source Gaming, & it seems that our boy had ranked #15.
Ray in the Top 15! My subconscious has been reassured! Plenty of people really do want him, not just a niche group of fans.

Do any of you think Ray is still this requested?

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
So guys, I just caught a glimpse of the smash ballot results from Source Gaming, & it seems that our boy had ranked #15.
Ray in the Top 15! My subconscious has been reassured! Plenty of people really do want him, not just a niche group of fans.

Do any of you think Ray is still this requested?
Hm, did something new pop-up regarding results? I know Source Gaming did a poll during the days of the Ballot, is that what you're referring to?

Rayman being #15 is great, he most certainly has support. However, we should remember that the poll Source Gaming did is still a drop in the bucket compared to the total results of the ballot.

Still, don't want to end it on a sour note. Rayman has certainly made an impact on Smash speculation, something I think few third party characters can take credit for.

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
Hm, did something new pop-up regarding results? I know Source Gaming did a poll during the days of the Ballot, is that what you're referring to?

Rayman being #15 is great, he most certainly has support. However, we should remember that the poll Source Gaming did is still a drop in the bucket compared to the total results of the ballot.

Still, don't want to end it on a sour note. Rayman has certainly made an impact on Smash speculation, something I think few third party characters can take credit for.
https://sourcegaming.info/2015/10/08/sgpollingresults1/ this is what I was talking about.
And yeah, I hadn't realized at the time that these weren't the official results, but rather a rough estimate. Even so, it's speaks nicely about the general demand for Rayman, methinks.

Last edited:

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
https://sourcegaming.info/2015/10/08/sgpollingresults1/ this is what I was talking about.
And yeah, I hadn't realized at the time that these weren't the official results, but rather a rough estimate. Even so, it's speaks nicely about the general demand for Rayman, methinks.
And it you don't include the unlikey Indies that won't be in like Shantae and shovel Knight then I think he has a good score when it comes to viable newcomers!

Top Bottom