• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman Revolution

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Am I the only one who don't really like the modern version of Rayman ? I mean, Rayman in Origins and Legends doesn't feel like the good ol' Rayman. He seems really bland while old Rayman has a fun personality and a bit of nonchalance that makes him cool. The new one (the other characters and the universe) seems like he's from some kind of mediocre cartoon. But that's just my opinion.

Or maybe I'm not objective at all because i didn't like the last two games, but i really miss the old Rayman and if Sakurai had to pick one, i hope he would pick the old one (just like he did with Pac-Man)

I still support him and hope he's going to make it into the game, i would be really happy !
I love the wacky, nonsensical style of Origins and Legends, the games themselves are also fantastic.

With that said, I do also miss the more whimsical Rayman seen in the first 3 games. Perhaps in the future we can see a healthy balance between the two.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
If Rayman ever gets in the game I would like it if a middle ground between the serious Rayman from the first few games and the goofball Rayman from Origins/Legends was obtained. Regardless, I'd be happy with whichever way Sakurai decided to portray him, as long as he's there.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Am I the only one who don't really like the modern version of Rayman ? I mean, Rayman in Origins and Legends doesn't feel like the good ol' Rayman. He seems really bland while old Rayman has a fun personality and a bit of nonchalance that makes him cool. The new one (the other characters and the universe) seems like he's from some kind of mediocre cartoon. But that's just my opinion.

Or maybe I'm not objective at all because i didn't like the last two games, but i really miss the old Rayman and if Sakurai had to pick one, i hope he would pick the old one (just like he did with Pac-Man)

I still support him and hope he's going to make it into the game, i would be really happy !
Rayman's personality has changed a lot throughout the series, at least Origins/Legends brought some consistency, which I do happen to enjoy. I prefer the more laid back, zany type Rayman

Nothgard

Smash Cadet

the new personality and design are only of the spin off, Ancel already said that he would work in rayman 4 after BE2, which is equivalent to the return of the personality of rayman 3, however, I do not think that sakurai uses the new personality, since it is very similar to the crash, and rayman was more "mature", also seeing the trophy, I think they would use the new rayman personality and a mix of 2D and 3D design.

On the other hand, I love rayman, but I do not see him as a character that closes a direct, I look at him as a character that must be presented with another character of the same popularity, in order to generate an impact.

Klimax

Smash Ace
This bromance between Nintendo and Ubisoft is so cool !
I was already really confident about Rayman's chances, but now, i would say that I'm like 80% sure that he's going to make it !

Red Dasher

Smash Rookie
I do have my support for Rayman! He's the missing piece of the puzzle (unless Crash is the missing one).

Oh and Rabbids for AT!

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
I don't wanna get myself too excited, but idk guys, things are looking pretty good for us. https://www.nintendo-insider.com/ub...se-collaborations-in-the-works-with-nintendo/
I just cannot see Ubisoft not getting some sort of representation in this new Smash. I mean, along with the 3 trophies we got in the last game, the collaboration between the two companies has always been pretty strong.

I wouldn't doubt if they had an agreement already penned out saying "If you put X franchise in our hands, we would like to put X franchise of ours in Smash for you to do wonders with."

Whatever and whenever we get Rayman, I'm sure he'll be hype as hell.

Last edited:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
At this point, Rayman - to me - seems like the most likely 3rd Party newcomer (besides Simon) for the base roster just because of Nintendo and Ubisoft’s good relationship over the years that just seems to be getting better with more and more collaborations. And I’m sure Sakurai was aware of Kingdom Battle by the end of 2015.

We’ll get more 3rd Party reps with DLC no doubt, but probably only 2 at launch at most.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I do feel somewhat good about Rayman's chances. Though I'm trying to keep myself in check, that bit of news of Ubisoft saying there will be more suprise Nintendo collaborations doesn't help. :p

Seriously though, that's great to hear. Curious to see what else they have planned.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
It was said that it was ok, so I'll let you guys be the first ones to see my Smash Ultimate hopefuls... I was gone at CEO for the weekend so this could've been done sooner.

Rayman still remains my #1, however

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Correct, I counted Rex and Pyra as one. I could have put them next to eachother but I had a good symmetry going with Banjo and Rayman.

If you wanted to get technical, it'd be 8 characters counting Kazooie and Mythra.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It was said that it was ok, so I'll let you guys be the first ones to see my Smash Ultimate hopefuls... I was gone at CEO for the weekend so this could've been done sooner.

Loving how Pyra's being intimidated by Kazooie. Also, Rool's on top of things, as it should.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Pyra being intimidated by Kazooie is great. K. Rool's presence feels large, very fitting for a king. And of course Rayman himself is very well done, love his goofy expression.

Good work!

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
...what's with Rex's outfit?
"That's an armor that Rex receives at the end of chapter 7 once Pyra and Mythra combine into one entity called Pneuma. I personally prefer it over the original outfit by a long shot, and while spoilerish, I do hope Rex has at least an alt skin of the suit if he ever gets revealed.

Takasmash

Smash Ace

Rayman is my number 1 character too.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
This doesn't have to do entirely with Rayman, and it's a bit of a downer, but I feel I should share it anyway since it is something about the work of Michel Ancel.

Apparently, Jodi Forrest, the voice of Jade in Beyond Good and Evil, has passed away.

Don't really know much about her other roles, but she did a remarkable job as Jade in Beyond Good and Evil.

May she rest in peace.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
This doesn't have to do entirely with Rayman, and it's a bit of a downer, but I feel I should share it anyway since it is something about the work of Michel Ancel.

Apparently, Jodi Forrest, the voice of Jade in Beyond Good and Evil, has passed away.

Don't really know much about her other roles, but she did a remarkable job as Jade in Beyond Good and Evil.

May she rest in peace.
Looking it up now, she apparently did a few roles in Rayman Rush/M <:C

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

MattX20

Smash Hero
Well, the problem with Nintendo Directs is that they only happen every 3-4 months nowadays, and I find it hard to believe that they wouldn't use other ways to reveal newcomers. That, and Rayman would be my ideal Western 3rd Party character to add to Smash Ultimate, even if its DLC.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
he said in a later post (if you scroll down) that the trophy has been touched up and made its own. He does chaos attacks instead of slowing everyone down because you need to be able to defeat him. still doubt its real but y'know
Ah, that makes a bit more sense.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
I have a hard time believing Rayman WON'T be in smash. like I will be shocked if he isn't in this time.
have you SEEN how buddy buddy Nintendo and Ubisoft have been recently?! I mean they have been close for years but at this point if they were people I'd say they were engaged or something because there be some SPARKS flyin!
and their union will create a beautiful Rayman Smash baby

(okay that sounded weird but I just rolled with it)

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
I was just thinking, what would you guys think Rayman's title on the Boxing Ring would be?

Limbless Hero sounds like something they would do, but does anyone remember the first trailer for Rayman Origins? I'd love if his title was "The Thingamajig".

Smashiny

Smash Journeyman
I was just thinking, what would you guys think Rayman's title on the Boxing Ring would be?

Limbless Hero sounds like something they would do, but does anyone remember the first trailer for Rayman Origins? I'd love if his title was "The Thingamajig".

Haha Yhingamajig would be lovely :p

Top Bottom