• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I don't know if you guys know but SGDQ is gonna be speedrunning Rayman PS2 on Tuesday at around 1:29PM
If you don't know about SGDQ they are an amazing big speedrunning group who speedrun 100s of games and who are currently streaming speedruns throughout the week for charity right now: July 26th - August 1st
If you want to watch their amazing speedruns throughout the week, Here's their schedule & Stream channel
https://gamesdonequick.com/schedule
http://www.twitch.tv/gamesdonequick
I've never seen a Games Done Quick stream, so I'll check this out.

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
I've never seen a Games Done Quick stream, so I'll check this out.
They're really good I've been watching them since yesterday they are currently speedrunning Twilight Princess and so far they're doing things I never knew could be done heck the guy is only 20 mins in the game and he's already going for the Master sword.

Edit: 24mins and he got the Master Sword...Just how...

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
So, this is my chance and want that I put down for Rayman in the RTC thread and the reasons why he's likely.
"Rayman
Chance: 45%

Love him or hate him, Rayman is increasingly getting closer to making his Smash debut as DLC. There's so many things going for him right now that makes him such a logical choice.
Allow me to explain why:

1. Rayman has a ton of history on Nintendo platforms, going all the way back to the N64 with Rayman 2. Since then, the limbless hero has been a mainstay on Nintendo consoles, appearing on the GBC, GCN, GBA, DS, Wii, 3DS, and the Wii U. In fact, Nintendo even published Rayman Legends in Japan.
  2. Ubisoft has been an avid supporter of the Wii U, with them showing confidence and interest in the platform since day one. They released (correct me if I'm wrong) 16 games on the Wii U, which is more than what Sega, Namco, and Capcom have published COMBINED. And contrary to popular belief, Nintendo actually still sees Ubisoft as a valuable third-party partner. Just take a look at this quote from Nintendo Canada.http://mynintendonews.com/2015/06/1...ring-about-more-big-third-party-partnerships/
  3. Although not as iconic as the five third parties already in Smash, Rayman's series has sold 26 million copies worldwide, which is pretty close to Mega Man's 29 million sold. Combine that with the Rabbids' 14 million sold, and Rayman's franchise has sold 40 million copies. Plus, he's the mascot of Ubisoft, which is one of the biggest and well-known gaming companies. It's also worth noting that Ubisoft wouldn't be here today without Rayman.
  4. The Rayman franchise has not one, not two, but THREE trophies in Smash 4. With a model already in Smash, it will be easier for Sakurai to get the rights to Rayman than other third parties. It's also worth noting that Sakurai still hasn't explained why the trophies are in the game, which were unveiled one year ago.
  5. Ever since the Omni leak, Rayman's support has soared and hasn't dwindled. I mean, just look at his Smashboards thread. It went from being an underdog thread to becoming the biggest third party thread on the world's biggest Smash fansite. He's consistently ranked alongside Banjo, Snake, and Shantae as one of the most requested third parties, with him ranking #1 on Sonic Toast's ballot video. In fact, he even tied with K. Rool for the highest number of votes.
  6. The inclusion of Ryu as Smash DLC has confirmed that third party DLC is on the table. This is supported by how the Smash Ballot microsite says you can vote for "any video game character." That is legitimate evidence that Sakurai and his team are considering third parties for DLC.
  7. Rayman would be a very unique fighter. In his detached state, Rayman can throw his fists as projectiles and can use his helicopter hair to glide. I mean, Rayman's design in of itself is unlike anything else. He's neither an anime swordsmen or an animal. He's just a "thing."
  8. Ubisoft has said they have big plans in store for Rayman's 20th anniversary.

Want: 100%
Rayman is one of my favorite video game characters. Rayman 2, Origins, and Legends are among the best platformers I have ever played. In fact, Rayman is the sole reason why I'm here on Smashboards. Without a doubt my most wanted character for DLC."

What do you guys think of it?

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
So, this is my chance and want that I put down for Rayman in the RTC thread and the reasons why he's likely.
"Rayman
Chance: 45%

Love him or hate him, Rayman is increasingly getting closer to making his Smash debut as DLC. There's so many things going for him right now that makes him such a logical choice.
Allow me to explain why:

1. Rayman has a ton of history on Nintendo platforms, going all the way back to the N64 with Rayman 2. Since then, the limbless hero has been a mainstay on Nintendo consoles, appearing on the GBC, GCN, GBA, DS, Wii, 3DS, and the Wii U. In fact, Nintendo even published Rayman Legends in Japan.
  2. Ubisoft has been an avid supporter of the Wii U, with them showing confidence and interest in the platform since day one. They released (correct me if I'm wrong) 16 games on the Wii U, which is more than what Sega, Namco, and Capcom have published COMBINED. And contrary to popular belief, Nintendo actually still sees Ubisoft as a valuable third-party partner. Just take a look at this quote from Nintendo Canada.http://mynintendonews.com/2015/06/1...ring-about-more-big-third-party-partnerships/
  3. Although not as iconic as the five third parties already in Smash, Rayman's series has sold 26 million copies worldwide, which is pretty close to Mega Man's 29 million sold. Combine that with the Rabbids' 14 million sold, and Rayman's franchise has sold 40 million copies. Plus, he's the mascot of Ubisoft, which is one of the biggest and well-known gaming companies. It's also worth noting that Ubisoft wouldn't be here today without Rayman.
  4. The Rayman franchise has not one, not two, but THREE trophies in Smash 4. With a model already in Smash, it will be easier for Sakurai to get the rights to Rayman than other third parties. It's also worth noting that Sakurai still hasn't explained why the trophies are in the game, which were unveiled one year ago.
  5. Ever since the Omni leak, Rayman's support has soared and hasn't dwindled. I mean, just look at his Smashboards thread. It went from being an underdog thread to becoming the biggest third party thread on the world's biggest Smash fansite. He's consistently ranked alongside Banjo, Snake, and Shantae as one of the most requested third parties, with him ranking #1 on Sonic Toast's ballot video. In fact, he even tied with K. Rool for the highest number of votes.
  6. The inclusion of Ryu as Smash DLC has confirmed that third party DLC is on the table. This is supported by how the Smash Ballot microsite says you can vote for "any video game character." That is legitimate evidence that Sakurai and his team are considering third parties for DLC.
  7. Rayman would be a very unique fighter. In his detached state, Rayman can throw his fists as projectiles and can use his helicopter hair to glide. I mean, Rayman's design in of itself is unlike anything else. He's neither an anime swordsmen or an animal. He's just a "thing."
  8. Ubisoft has said they have big plans in store for Rayman's 20th anniversary.
Want: 100%
Rayman is one of my favorite video game characters. Rayman 2, Origins, and Legends are among the best platformers I have ever played. In fact, Rayman is the sole reason why I'm here on Smashboards. Without a doubt my most wanted character for DLC."

What do you guys think of it?
I like it, lots of good points!

Bradandez

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bradandez
Added the victims to Rayman's Final Smash!

Expect the other parts soon!

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
I've seen the rate their chances, they weren't as harsh on him as they were when we first rated him. It's always the want scores that interest me more so than the chance score. I'll give my rating later on today, because I have to go out soon, may have to do mine on my phone. The thing that still bothers me is that they still seem to hold a grudge over Ubisoft for the delay, serioulsly, it was only one time that they've done something like that. I mean you can blame the company but that won't hender a character, especially a popular one.

Last edited:

NovemberMan

Smash Apprentice
I've seen the rate their chances, they weren't as harsh on him as they were when we first rated him. It's always the want scores that interest me more so than the chance score. I'll give my rating later on today, because I have to go out soon, may have to do mine on my phone.
People seem to just be indifferent of Rayman - aside from the supporters, of course - and just don't consider him to have much of a chance due to Ryu's inclusion.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
People seem to just be indifferent of Rayman - aside from the supporters, of course - and just don't consider him to have much of a chance due to Ryu's inclusion.
Don't get me wrong, I understand why they'd be neutral or indifferent towards his inclusion, it is indeed a third party character. We're not even sure if Sakurai would add another third party. Even if with Ryu it proves third party DLC is possible, though it's a tough call to see if it's just for the companies that already being represented in the game. Would Nintendo or Sakurai want to collab with another company outside of the third parties that already being represented, especially since it's just DLC? I think is the real question
Still, it's the whole "hey you want a character you'd do anything to get him or her in".

Last edited:

NovemberMan

Smash Apprentice
Don't get me wrong, I understand why they'd be neutral or indifferent towards his inclusion, it is indeed a third party character. We're not even sure if Sakurai would add another third party. Even if with Ryu it proves third party DLC is possible, though it's a tough call to see if it's just for the companies that already being represented in the game. Would Nintendo or Sakurai want to collab with another company outside of the third parties that already being represented, especially since it's just DLC? I think is the real question
Still, it's the whole "hey you want a character you'd do anything to get him or her in".
Couldn't agree more.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
I hope we'd get a direct in August soon, we're kind of over due for one now. It's going to be weird and sad without having Iwata there though, and I'd expect a tribute to him in that direct as well.

Wow 300 post!

Last edited:

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
I hope we'd get a direct in August soon, we're kind of over due for one now. It's going to be weird and sad without having Iwata there though, and I'd expect a tribute to him in that direct as well.

Wow 300 post!
Congrats to that.

Yeah, even though it's gonna be sad without Iwata, we all need a new Direct after a month's hiatus.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Just an fyi for everyone here on this thread, but the RTC thread will be done rating Rayman in one hour, so if you want to rate, you should do so right now.
http://smashboards.com/posts/19767583/
I'm glad that I could vote this time, how do you see the Ratings? (I mean do you think they're good, better than before or how?)

Last edited:
Top Bottom