• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
When Rayman is announced, who wants to record their live reactions so we could put them in a compilation?

It will be a competition to see who has the most hype reaction.
The only good reaction to a character I would have is for Snake. It's come to the point where every time I turn around all I hear is people degrading Snake and remarking how stupid his fans are for beleiving that he'll come back. Now I don't even care about any other characters. It sucks too. I was so hyped to support Rayman, Wolf, K. Rool, Bandanna Dee, and a tons more. Now all I care about is Snake. Hoping and praying he'll come back just so those people who called the fans stupid can be put in their place. If Snake is revealed and THEN Rayman, I'd probably have one of the best reactions in the thread. Until Snake is revealed, however, I will continue to hear people say stuff like: "See! This character PROVES that Snake is cut for good!" And maybe they're right and if they are it's going to be hell for the next game.

I say all this to say that I'm taking a break from the majority of the threads I main. Including this one. I know a lot of people here are especially supportive of Snake reappearing, and thank you guys for that! But I feel as if I need to focus on one character and one character alone. I'm sorry my dear friends: @ GaroMaster GaroMaster , @ SegaNintendoUbisoft SegaNintendoUbisoft , @ Rayman4Smash Rayman4Smash , and especially @ AndreaAC AndreaAC and @ SuperSegaSonicSS SuperSegaSonicSS . Perhaps I'll come back to this thread overjoyed! I hope so.

Last edited:

Bradandez

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bradandez
I would hope so but I don't really know. I'd honestly just think something generic or something for whatever Origins and Legends had, imo.
I really hope you didn't just call the costumes in Origins and Legends "generic". I really do.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
The only good reaction to a character I would have is for Snake. It's come to the point where every time I turn around all I hear is people degrading Snake and remarking how stupid his fans are for beleiving that he'll come back. Now I don't even care about any other characters. It sucks too. I was so hyped to support Rayman, Wolf, K. Rool, Bandanna Dee, and a tons more. Now all I care about is Snake. Hoping and praying he'll come back just so those people who called the fans stupid can be put in their place. If Snake is revealed and THEN Rayman, I'd probably have one of the best reactions in the thread. Until Snake is revealed, however, I will continue to hear people say stuff like: "See! This character PROVES that Snake is cut for good!" And maybe they're right and if they are it's going to be hell for the next game.

I say all this to say that I'm taking a break from the majority of the threads I main. Including this one. I know a lot of people here are especially supportive of Snake reappearing, and thank you guys for that! But I feel as if I need to focus on one character and one character alone. I'm sorry my dear friends: @ GaroMaster GaroMaster , @ SegaNintendoUbisoft SegaNintendoUbisoft , @ Rayman4Smash Rayman4Smash , and especially @ AndreaAC AndreaAC and @ SuperSegaSonicSS SuperSegaSonicSS . Perhaps I'll come back to this thread overjoyed! I hope so.
Wow, I hate that people had to do that to your loved character like that. It's fine pal, please do as you feel like is best, we know you're a great pal, it's totally fine. :) We hope to see you a part of the thread again someday, and good luck with Snake, I believe he'll has his chance again for sure.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

tumblr_nndx71O0Dk1sdu08go1_500.png

oh, geez.... :( Well, I undertand it, but, supporting just one character doesn't mean you are leaving the entire boards, right?

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383

*sigh*

Has it really been that bad for Snake supporters? I'm not shocked, but disappointed.

Here's hoping Snake will be one of the last pre-ballot characters alongside Wolf. I wish you good luck!

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
View attachment 63975
oh, geez.... :( Well, I undertand it, but, supporting just one character doesn't mean you are leaving the entire boards, right?
I think he means he's only going to put most of his focus with the Snake thread, to support them the most for now. But I hope it's not permanent, I hope to see him back in here too soon, but I understand.

I really hope you didn't just call the costumes in Origins and Legends "generic". I really do.
Oh, umm, no, that's not what I meant at all, I said either something generic (like Sonic's or something) or something that Origins and/or Legends have unique that I don't know of fully because my lack of knowledge of the two games.

Bradandez

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bradandez
Would Rayman's up special have him glide like Peach or would he be able to get a short vertical boost in the air?
Here's what I think. You do the Up B move and it activates the Throttle Copter. Once you're launched, and you're in the air, the helmet falls off. But just like Peach, you tap the left thumbstick/Circle Pad up to activate the helicopter hair.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Wow, I hate that people had to do that to your loved character like that. It's fine pal, please do as you feel like is best, we know you're a great pal, it's totally fine. :) We hope to see you a part of the thread again someday, and good luck with Snake, I believe he'll has his chance again for sure.
Thanks, pal.
View attachment 63975
Nah, I'll still be around. For sure. I may even come back earlier than I intend to. But the August Direct is definitely the minimum. :)
*sigh*

Has it really been that bad for Snake supporters? I'm not shocked, but disappointed.

Here's hoping Snake will be one of the last pre-ballot characters alongside Wolf. I wish you good luck!
It's not the worst but it seems for every supporter there are two detractors and one very outspoken hater.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Thanks, pal.

Nah, I'll still be around. For sure. I may even come back earlier than I intend to. But the August Direct is definitely the minimum. :)

It's not the worst but it seems for every supporter there are two detractors and one very outspoken hater.
Phewww...=uo that's a relief! :D WELL, I wish you the best of luck when you stay into the Snake Thread and I hope to see you around here soon! ^u^ And of course, talk to you is always great!

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

We understand, do what ever is best. I hope Snake reappears too, without him, I don't think we wouldn't even be discussing Rayman right now. Hope to see you soon.

Bradandez

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bradandez
Oh, umm, no, that's not what I meant at all, I said either something generic (like Sonic's or something) or something that Origins and/or Legends have unique that I don't know of fully because my lack of knowledge of the two games.
Ah, okay. Sorry for the misinterpretation. I'm pretty quick to defend both of the recent games, haha.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Before I leave, though. Let me just leave this here.

Vote 4 Snake! :bee:

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104

You know, I made an account on Smashboards just so I could support Rayman.
I saw so many Nintendo purists scoff at the idea of Rayman being in Smash and say that Ubisoft doesn't deserve representation. I wanted to fight back against them. Heck, I'm so committed to getting Rayman in Smash, I even campaigned for him at my school.
If anything, Ubisoft does deserve a character. They have been avid supporters of Nintendo going all the way back to the N64 days and is easily the biggest supporter of the Wii U. In fact, Nintendo has even went as far as saying they're a big third party partner and published Rayman Legends in Japan.
That's why it gets on my nerves seeing those type of comments. I want to have Rayman and Snake in Smash just so I can see the denial on their detractors' faces. It would be extremely satisfying.
Rayman and Snake are very alike. A ton of Nintendo purists may hate them due to their relationships with Nintendo, but others just want them in just because they can bring so much to the table.
It's alright, @ NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy . It's perfectly reasonable to do such a thing.
It's exactly why I'm supporting Rayman to this day.
We're not fighting against each other.
We're in this together, my friend.
Don't ever think that you're abandoning this thread.
Rather, think that you're fighting alongside us. Your reason for fighting for Snake is the exact same reason why I'm fighting for Rayman.
And for that, it's not that far out there to believe that Rayman and Snake have identical situations.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104

What do you guys want Rayman to unleash when he grabs the Smash Ball?
I want to see him rock it out!

Last edited:

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
They did the same with Diddy Kong a month or two months ago, I think.. It's strange, maybe a new Donkey Kong game? (Remember the bananas in the E3) or maybe Diddy Kong, King K. Rool and other character are coming to Mario Kart 8?
Actually, I heard a rumor recently that the reason why they've renewed Diddy's trademark is because they're working on 'Diddy Kong Racing 2', with said rumor that has been going on since 2012. They also claimed that it was still in development, with Iwata holding the bananas at this year's E3 being a hint at its existence. Another significant detail in the same rumor is that the development was moved from the Wii U to the NX, presumably because it would compete with Mario Kart 8 as stated in another rumor prior. They also stated that the NX is basically a 'Wii U except with higher memory bandwidth and a more balanced CPU'. That, and they listed the supposed price for it being $149.99.

I don't know about you, but I would pay big money to see a Diddy Kong Racing sequel happen, even if most of the characters in the original game, aside from Banjo and Conker, won't return. I even purchased the original N64 version a month ago from Gamestop online.

For anyone who's interested in reading this, check out this link: https://kevincallahangames.wordpress.com/

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Personally, I wasn't the biggest fan of Diddy Kong Racing. It felt more clunky and slow than Mario Kart.
Speaking of kart racers, was there ever a Rayman Kart?

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Really?
You know, I thought there was a Rayman racing game back when Ubisoft just founded the franchise.
I wonder if it got good reviews. Is it for the arcades?
To my knowledge, there was no arcade racing game. The only thing that comes close to that from the classic days was Rayman Rush.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

What do you guys want Rayman to unleash when he grabs the Smash Ball?
I want to see him rock it out!
I have two ideas.
The first one involves him riding the Moskito, shooting and sucking up enemies.
The second one is a bit like Greninja's were he has to land at least one hit in order for it to work. Rayman calls in Globox, Polokus, and two Teensies to beat up the opponents, the screen goes black, and Rayman and his friends attack, it would look something like this.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Rayman Rush (PS1) is actually a downgraded port of Rayman M/Arena (PS2)...

For some reason.
I'm sorry my dear friends. Perhaps I'll come back to this thread overjoyed! I hope so.
No love for a fellow Snake supporter?
I hope to see you back, a strong bond has formed between many members of the Snake and Rayman groups on Smashboards, we're like an extended family. I want Snake back as badly as I want Rayman to join, so I know exactly how you feel.

Good luck, mate.

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
My phone absolutely sucks butt.

I created the Tumblr, but it crashes every time I try to edit the account.

That combined with the fact that this very website won't let me upload files, and you have a guy that has absolutely had it with the Internet for one day.

:facepalm:

Bradandez

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bradandez
The second one is a bit like Greninja's were he has to land at least one hit in order for it to work. Rayman calls in Globox, Polokus, and two Teensies to beat up the opponents, the screen goes black, and Rayman and his friends attack, it would look something like this.
Great. There goes my surprise.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
My phone absolutely sucks butt.

I created the Tumblr, but it crashes every time I try to edit the account.

That combined with the fact that this very website won't let me upload files, and you have a guy that has absolutely had it with the Internet for one day.

:facepalm:
I was actually just about to make one, but it seems you've beat me to it.

I hear you, sometimes technology is just not on your side.
Great. There goes my surprise.
Did I accidently steal your idea?

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Apparently, Rayman is going to be the only character rated on the RTC thread tomorrow, as Gardavoir has been pushed to another day.
What are your guys' thoughts on this recent development?

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Apparently, Rayman is going to be the only character rated on the RTC thread tomorrow, as Gardavoir has been pushed to another day.
What are your guys' thoughts on this recent development?
My thoughts? Lets get in gear and give Rayman the rating he deserves.
Didn't they already do Rayman?
From what I understand, they're doing a recount, I remember them doing one with the Inklings awhile back.

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
I have some good news for anyone who likes my bad art.

My biggest Miiverse Marathon yet is currently in the works and (hopefully) will be done by the time my ban is lifted.

I'll let you guys know when it starts if you want to see it.

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
It's sad to see Snake supporters are looked down upon.
Even though I hated Snake in brawl and I feel like he shouldn't return at all, I still feel bad for all you supporters out there.
Stay strong

Top Bottom