• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
There was a problem fetching the tweet

I know this is from months ago but I have seen it now and it's a really cool drawing, what do you think? I'd like to see the Rayman's poster.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
There was a problem fetching the tweet

I know this is from months ago but I have seen it now and it's a really cool drawing, what do you think? I'd like to see the Rayman's poster.
xD Aw, poor PAC! :3 lovely drawing.

Bradandez

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bradandez
Hello. It's me again. It's been sometime, but you should know that I've been very busy. But I should at least keep you guys informed on how my project is going. First things first, I almost have everything ready for Rayman's moveset. The only thing I'm missing is his down B special. If anyone wants to help me, make sure it's a power-up from Rayman 3 for that's what most of Rayman's B attacks are based off of.

Secondly I got around to finishing the first part of Rayman's Final Smash. But before I share, I must say I'm rather disappointed on most people's ideal movesets. Not trying to be narcissistic, but I feel that none of them meet the standards of representing Rayman's franchise as a whole. Again, not trying to put anyone down, but those are my honest thoughts. So here's the first part of Rayman's Final Smash, which I amply named: Darktoon Rush (Name can be negotiated later).

Hopefully some of you can get an idea before I even finish it entirely, haha!

And lastly, I haven't properly introduced myself as a Rayman fan and for that I am terribly, terribly sorry. But I am staying up way later than I originally planned, so I must make this quick.

- I first encountered Rayman with Rayman 2: The Great Escape.
- I forgot about the character until 2010 when I stumbled upon the iOS port of Rayman 2.
- I fell in love with the series and then heard of Rayman Origins.
- E3 2011 came around and I was mind-blown by Origins.
- Ever since E3 2011, I gorged everything related to Origins. I didn't get the game until January 2012. After I did, I couldn't put it down.
- April 2012 arrives with the leaked trailer of Legends (Barbara <3). I couldn't handle the news and impatiently waited for E3 2012.
- E3 2012. I almost die from seeing the footage.
- From E3 2012 to September 2013, I did the same as I did with Legends. I hyped myself with anything related to the game.
- September 3, 2013. I get the game first day. It was also the first game I ever pre-ordered.
- Present day, I enjoy Origins and Legends so much that it has helped me become a better cartoonist and has motivated me to make my own game.

Some facts about me and the Rayman series:

- Origins/Legends are my favorite games of all-time. Period. They are the best games in the franchise. Don't tell me otherwise. This always leads to arguments which I will never end. So just leave this stone unturned, okay?
- Rayman 2 is the least favorite game in the main series for me. It has no replay value, I hate the music, it's way too easy and short.
- I haven't completed Rayman 1 or 3. I am currently playing Rayman 3 for Gamecube. Don't haggle me about it.
- My favorite character in the entire franchise is Barbara. Do not slander her or you will feel my wrath.

Anyways, that should be it. Hopefully you guys got a better look at what I'm doing and who I am. Thanks for reading and have a good one.

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
Hi Braddie babe <3 good to see you hanging out in here.
And everyone should really listen to him. He's quite the defendy bum.
anyway WELCOME BACK BABE!

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
Please excuse the double post but I'd like to show you guys something I am working on

It's in the early stages and I'll be working on it for quite some time if the smashified things are anthing to go by but I'll try my best

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Well, it looks like Rayman is going to be rerated soon in the RTC thread based on the nominations.
Here's the top 3:

110 --- Gardevoir (Pokémon)
107 --- Rerate: Rayman (Rayman)
107 --- Serperior (Pokémon)

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Hello. It's me again. It's been sometime, but you should know that I've been very busy. But I should at least keep you guys informed on how my project is going. First things first, I almost have everything ready for Rayman's moveset. The only thing I'm missing is his down B special. If anyone wants to help me, make sure it's a power-up from Rayman 3 for that's what most of Rayman's B attacks are based off of.

Secondly I got around to finishing the first part of Rayman's Final Smash. But before I share, I must say I'm rather disappointed on most people's ideal movesets. Not trying to be narcissistic, but I feel that none of them meet the standards of representing Rayman's franchise as a whole. Again, not trying to put anyone down, but those are my honest thoughts. So here's the first part of Rayman's Final Smash, which I amply named: Darktoon Rush (Name can be negotiated later).

Hopefully some of you can get an idea before I even finish it entirely, haha!

And lastly, I haven't properly introduced myself as a Rayman fan and for that I am terribly, terribly sorry. But I am staying up way later than I originally planned, so I must make this quick.

- I first encountered Rayman with Rayman 2: The Great Escape.
- I forgot about the character until 2010 when I stumbled upon the iOS port of Rayman 2.
- I fell in love with the series and then heard of Rayman Origins.
- E3 2011 came around and I was mind-blown by Origins.
- Ever since E3 2011, I gorged everything related to Origins. I didn't get the game until January 2012. After I did, I couldn't put it down.
- April 2012 arrives with the leaked trailer of Legends (Barbara <3). I couldn't handle the news and impatiently waited for E3 2012.
- E3 2012. I almost die from seeing the footage.
- From E3 2012 to September 2013, I did the same as I did with Legends. I hyped myself with anything related to the game.
- September 3, 2013. I get the game first day. It was also the first game I ever pre-ordered.
- Present day, I enjoy Origins and Legends so much that it has helped me become a better cartoonist and has motivated me to make my own game.

Some facts about me and the Rayman series:

- Origins/Legends are my favorite games of all-time. Period. They are the best games in the franchise. Don't tell me otherwise. This always leads to arguments which I will never end. So just leave this stone unturned, okay?
- Rayman 2 is the least favorite game in the main series for me. It has no replay value, I hate the music, it's way too easy and short.
- I haven't completed Rayman 1 or 3. I am currently playing Rayman 3 for Gamecube. Don't haggle me about it.
- My favorite character in the entire franchise is Barbara. Do not slander her or you will feel my wrath.

Anyways, that should be it. Hopefully you guys got a better look at what I'm doing and who I am. Thanks for reading and have a good one.
I love that idea for a final Smash, very original.
And welcome once again to the Glade of Dreams!

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Hold the phone.

The official Rayman Twitter just followed me out of the blue, I haven't even done anything in over a month.

I'm not sure what to make of it.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Well, with Nintendo trademarking King K. Rool's name, that potentially means he will be Smash DLC.
If that's the case, then I'm really happy.
Only one more to go before Smash 4 is my favorite video game ever.
You know who to add, Sakurai.

#Rayman4Smash

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Well, with Nintendo trademarking King K. Rool's name, that potentially means he will be Smash DLC.
If that's the case, then I'm really happy.
Only one more to go before Smash 4 is my favorite video game ever.
You know who to add, Sakurai.

#Rayman4Smash
They did the same with Diddy Kong a month or two months ago, I think.. It's strange, maybe a new Donkey Kong game? (Remember the bananas in the E3) or maybe Diddy Kong, King K. Rool and other character are coming to Mario Kart 8?

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Jano (2).jpg

Jano: "Join me, Rayman, and together we shall conquer the Glade!"

Rayman: "Screw you, puke ball. Stay AWAY from me!"

=u= FINALLY.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I thought he could used the Throttle Copter from R3 as a boost of upward momentum.
Hmmm, I didn't think of that before.
Speaking of which, do you think Sakurai is going to take inspiration from Rayman 3 for Rayman's costumes and moveset?
I ask this because Ancel didn't direct the game.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Hmmm, I didn't think of that before.
Speaking of which, do you think Sakurai is going to take inspiration from Rayman 3 for Rayman's costumes and moveset?
I ask this because Ancel didn't direct the game.
I would hope so but I don't really know. I'd honestly just think something generic or something for whatever Origins and Legends had, imo.

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
When Rayman is announced, who wants to record their live reactions so we could put them in a compilation?

It will be a competition to see who has the most hype reaction.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
I need to play as Rayman and fall slower to the ground with his helicopter, I think that the helicopter is going to be OP xD.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I need to play as Rayman and fall slower to the ground with his helicopter, I think that the helicopter is going to be OP xD.
It would kinda be like a gliding mechanical, like from Brawl. But because it was removed, I don't know if it would be used I guess... Maybe as a custom ability?

Last edited:

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
It would kinda be like a gliding mechanical, like from Brawl. But because it was removed, I don't know if it would be used I guess... Maybe as a custom ability?
I didn't know about that "gliding mechanical" from brawl, is there a video or which character do that?

Or I don't remember.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I didn't know about that "gliding mechanical" from brawl, is there a video or which character was going to do that?
Characters like Meta Knight and Pit could do it either with a Up Special or holding upwards, like Peach's floating ability.

It was removed because it was quite broken.

Last edited:

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Characters like Meta Knight and Pit could do it either with a Up Special or holding upwards, like Peach's floating ability.

It was removed because it was quite broken.
Oh, I was thinking in other thing, I didn't know Pit and Charizard could do that xD, thanks for letting me know.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Oh, I was thinking in other thing, I didn't know Pit and Charizard could do that xD, thanks for letting me know.
Well, looking at this, I would guess if they brought back the "gliding" mechanic for Rayman's Helicopter ability, it would probably work more like Peach's float ability, just slowly going downward, but you can only go left and right, and not up and down like in Brawl so it wouldn't break the game, and stay in character with Rayman, since he normally can't "fly" with the copter hair, only slowly descend.

And no problem pal, glad to help.

Last edited:
Top Bottom