• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
They probably will be together but I can't see it before April because the registration cutoff date is March 31. But if this is real then they're probably a good part of the way done so I could see early-mid April.
If the cut-off date is March 31 wouldn't they be released in late march, before the cut-off date in case people are on the fence about buying it

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Alright, I finally updated the OP, there are a few new things. Now, with this leak making this thread blow up, it was tedious to go through the last few pages to find all the band wagoners new supporters, but I did my best to add everyone to the list.

By the by, we're at 114 supporters in this thread alone!

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
If the cut-off date is March 31 wouldn't they be released in late march, before the cut-off date in case people are on the fence about buying it
This was my assumption as well.

Do any of you think we may get a Direct late this month or very early next? It seems likely as this is some big news.

HyrulesLegend

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheHyrulesLegend
3DS FC
4253-4618-9274
I really don't care for Rayman, I just hope it's real cause I wanna see more unique characters in Smash, and he could certainly be exactly that.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I'm loving the artwork for both Rayman and Mewtwo. I remember saying that about Dark Pit, Ness, and Dr. Mario back in the ESRB leak. Some really top notch artwork from the Smash team (if this is real).
Naturally I'm still a bit skeptical even though the leak is of one of my most wanted characters. I want to believe....

Still though, I'd make that Rayman render my avatar if I didn't love this Anna image that I found...

Last edited:

zack4812

Smash Apprentice
Alright, I finally updated the OP, there are a few new things. Now, with this leak making this thread blow up, it was tedious to go through the last few pages to find all the band wagoners new supporters, but I did my best to add everyone to the list.

Hopefully you included me as a supporter! :D

ghaudephaede010

Smash Journeyman
If Rayman is a reality, lets agree to ban him now. He will end up being a good character and people will scream ban ala Diddy now. Instead of letting good players have lab time with him, lets ban now so there is no debate later.

I am not serious but if he ends up good, we all know that BAN RAYMAN will happen.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
That's a fair point - one that I hadn't yet considered. I want to believe you're right, since I really don't want to wait until April or May for Mewtwo... I guess we'll see.

ghaudephaede010

Smash Journeyman
They will most likely come out after March 31. It only makes sense to allow everyone that registers in time the same opportunity. It will happen after the cutoff. I was thinking April 15 or so but who knows, could be sooner. Most definitely do not see it happening before as that makes almost no sense.

Amherst

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wavedash
3DS FC
3239-2573-2753
I'm inclined to believe this is real. Hell, I want this to be real. The ideal third-party roster for me was always Mega Man, Pac-Man, and Sonic. Rayman was always right after the big three for me but I never thought we'd get enough inclusions to have it actually happen. At least not in this game.

If so, then bravo to everyone involved in this decision. This is literally the best possible outcome. Got my support.

Comet Shrine

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PurinPro
3DS FC
3539-8838-3028
Is the Rayman leak real?
Find out next time on...
On...
I...don't actually know where to find out next time.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Time for Rayman Franchise Trivia and Fun Facts!
  • The very first Rayman game was originally planned for the SNES, and there are screenshots that show many similarities to the final product. There was also a scrapped co-op feature that included a female Rayman type character.
  • Rayman originally had limbs, but due to animation problems, they were removed. Thank goodness! There was also an older script that involved Rayman being a kid named Jimmy who only became Rayman when he entered his computer. Yehk!
  • Speaking of Rayman 1, it was the first game ever to be worked on by professional French animators, and the graphics still hold up to this day! This paved the way for animators to get into the game industry.
  • Rayman 2 was originally going to be a 2D platformer similar to the first game, with the same characters and limbless traits. Robots from space and more realistic themes were still prominent, as a beta level that exists shows.
  • Since this was the team's first time making a 3D game, they wanted to test the engine, so the game Tonic Trouble (starring fellow limbless pal Ed) was created. The General from TT even cameos in Rayman 2, selling the Grolgoth to Razorbeard.
  • Rayman 2 is also one of the most critically acclaimed games of the time, back when Ubisoft was still a relatively small company. The success of the game led them to make Rayman their mascot, to compete with similar platforming icons.
  • Rayman 2 also has a hell of a lot of ports. It's notorious for being on everything but the toaster.
  • The Japanese version of Rayman 2 has a lot of colours altered for unknown reasons. The popular myth is that purple is the colour of death in Japan, so being a hero, Rayman was changed to blue. Purple is actually the colour of royalty.
  • Rayman 3 is the only Rayman game created without the involvement of his creator, Michel Ancel.
  • Rayman Raving Rabbids was originally going to be a proper Rayman game, but after getting a dev kit for the Wii console, Ancel decided to completely scrap most aspects and turn it into a party game centred on motion controls.
  • The first Raving Rabbids is the only one to actually be ported, the rest are all Nintendo exclusive.
  • Rayman Origins was originally planned to be an episodic, download only release. It also had a story, which was ultimately scrapped. The entire story was eventually made public, and it certainly cleared up a lot of loose ends.
  • Rayman Origins was also, as it's name implies, originally meant to be an origin story about Rayman himself. This was scrapped early on, leaving the game as a sequel to Rayman 3, taking place some 100 or so years after it.
  • Rayman Legends was the game that first leaked Amiibo functionality, but never actually received Amiibo.

Hopefully this will provide some insight for those who are unfamiliar with the franchise. More to come, maybe.

SuperMasterHand

Smash Journeyman
I truly believe it's real ! But I'm not sure we will see him in action in the same time as Mewtwo though.
Now let's get hyped about potential Rayman 1 awesome music (even though we will certainly only have Origins and Legend musics)

Last edited:

Zoljinx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zoljinx
3DS FC
5343-8245-7441
typical... i leave my house for a few hours and Rayman gets leaked... I'm always one of the last people to hear about these things.

anyways, i believe the leak is real, the selection screen video clip definitely sold it for me, if it was just a picture then I'd have a little doubt. but actually moving the cursor over to him was enough to show me it was in-game, this actually has made me split my hype for Mewtwo with Rayman.

as for his release, i have a theory that if he really does come out the same time as Mewtwo, that he was actually in the middle of development and they stopped cause of one reason (Ubisoft bailing out on the Wii U) or another (time constraints) and after they finished developing Mewtwo, they picked him up again. but that's just what I'm guessing. if he doesn't come out the same time as Mewtwo, then I'll assume they'll announce him shortly before or after Mewtwo's release.

i imagine I'll at least secondary him, if he flows with me well, then maybe a main. Mewtwo is still my first choice for potential main though. (used him back in Melee, so priority's.)

If/when he becomes officially confirmed: congrats guys! you supported him and he made it! I'm actually excited for his inclusion. :b:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I truly believe it's real ! But I'm not sure we will see him in action in the same time as Mewtwo though.
Now let's get hyped about potential Rayman 1 awesome music (even though we will certainly only have Origins and Legend musics)
Pretty sure you don't have to worry. Sakurai is pretty good usually at selecting music tracks. The only series that comes to mind is 8 different versions of the same Donkey Kong Song.

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
anyways, i believe the leak is real, the selection screen video clip definitely sold it for me, if it was just a picture then I'd have a little doubt. but actually moving the cursor over to him was enough to show me it was in-game, this actually has made me split my hype for Mewtwo with Rayman.
I say it's even more convincing that he passes through several other characters before he hits Rayman. Also if you notice the yellow background behind the characters has a flowing goo effect that also passes through Rayman (and Mewtwo).
If this is fake, holy crap, this guy will be getting full points (even if he is shattering my dreams).
I want to believe!

SmashMeister

Smash Rookie
Welp, add me to the support list! Never realised that I wanted Rayman until now!

Btw, do you think he will get a stage too?

Last edited:

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
I like how Rayman was leaked the day after I decided not to get Rayman Legends with my 20$ eShop card. Damn it, that would have just been perfect.

Last edited:

loganhogan

Smash Ace
I'm disappointed people leaked what would have been a good surprise announcement, unless it was a pr stunt.

BlazGreen

Smash Journeyman
I've heard that it is very hard to hack the CSS due to the moving background. Can someone explain to me why this is?

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I've heard that it is very hard to hack the CSS due to the moving background. Can someone explain to me why this is?
Its very hard to animate the background, and even if someone were to do it they would need oh so perfect timing to make it look even remotely legit.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
If he is indeed in, I would be so happy.
My top three most wanted were Rayman, Ridley and Duck Hunt Dog. When came April, I somehow had a feeling that Ridley wouldn't make it and was treated poorly because of that... But still had hope for the Dog. However, Rayman was just a pipe dream.
And then came the 14th of July, where we saw his trophy, I really had high expectations about this dude, despite many people saying "He'll only be a trophy, don't get your hopes up".
Then this Nintendo rep saying the names of the third reps, Rayman, Pac Man... despite big N correcting that statement as "Just a trophy talk", nothing could remove from my mind that it was an honest mistake meaning he would be in the game.
Then the game came out. Was happy, got my Dog, Pac Man was surprisingly fun to play as, and Yoshi is still my favorite, but lost Wolf, Snake, and the IC. Was a bit disappointed by the roster, like... There was not this "magic". Maybe because I already got some characters I wanted in Brawl, and had way too many expectations for this sequel ?
But nevermind that, if he is in, I'm gonna main the hell outta Rayman. I doubt it's real, but if it is, my dream will somehow be fulfilled.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Stage better be a origin/legends mix with the nymphs as stage hazards or RIOT. Cause everyone knows the AT will be those damn things...

Hope its real since it'll pave the way more maybe 3 more, i hope... 51 sounds a good number to stop at
.. but that shop....

It'll feel good to bitchslap sum diddys with dem gloves. (Secretly hoping to be Diddy counter) but if helicopter is his upb.... expect gimps, unless its hella quick.

...Yes im still alive (mobile y u do this?)

Last edited:

Strofirko

Smash Master
I am actually feeling weird about this,I was actually expecting rayman but not this early,and he has a 3D model made just for this game,it's kinda special,but yet I doubt how he will actually works,since the games are very "disjointed"(smart pun) from each other,and yet with all the recent "middle fingers" from UBI,I dunno if he will stay true to it's character,on the end of the day I think we are dealing with another "pac-man".

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483

Had to laugh hard on the part with "bandwagoners". It's pretty true, because it's definitely not fire-sure that this is a legit leak, Far from it, even.
Yet, people place support once again despite not having done it this actively before, just like in the old days.

There can be a big chance that Rayman will face the same fate as Chrom if things get too tipped on the bandwagoning side but we don't get much proof of the legitness about the leak in return.

This is why, despite liking Rayman a lot myself and quite hoping the leak proves true, I'm not going to come in as a supporter.

So tread this ground carefully if you're gonna support because of the current leaks.

However, I'll be #TeamReal to Rayman. Much fitting.

Last edited:
Top Bottom