• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
This is what I think could be the best possible way Rayman could be revealed as DLC:
It's E3 2015, and Nintendo has announced a bunch of new games. Chief among these was a partnership with Ubisoft to develop three exclusive games for the Wii U: The unreleased Wii U game Ubisoft had developed, ZombiU2, and a complete HD makeover of Rayman 2 would be coming to the Wii U on September 1st, marking 20 years of Rayman. Rayman Advance would be coming to GBA Virtual Console directly after their presentation as well as Rayman 3, making it the first GCN game on Virtual Console. All of these games, Nintendo says, are a sign that their relationship with Ubisoft is getting stronger.
Later that day, Ubisoft kicked off their conference with a montage of Rayman's appearances while an orchestra played Rayman music(think the Zelda 25th anniversary). At the end of the opening, Yves Guildmot revealed that an orchestra at the Nokia Theatre would be performing Rayman music the next day to celebrate 20 years of Rayman.
The next day, a giant banner was hanging on the front of the Nokia Theatre that looked strikingly similar to this:

Underneath the words "Rayman 20th anniversary" were Rayman's appearances from 1, 2, 3, Origins, and Legends, situated on a purple background.
The symphony kicked off with not an orchestra, but a rock band, performing "Rayman's Theme" from Rayman Arena to great acclaim. After the orchestra performed medlies of Rayman 1 and 2, the band performed "Madder" from Rayman 3. After the concert ended with medlies of Origins and Legends, Michel Ancel came on stage to welcome.....
Masahiro Sakurai.
Sakurai explained how Rayman set high standards for not just 3D platformers, but for 3D games in general. As he leaves the stage, Sakurai says: "What you're about to see is a dream that will finally be realized. I wish Rayman a happy 20th birthday.... on the battlefield!"
The trailer plays and the rest is history.
'Twas a dream.

EDIT: 'Twas, not T'was! I'm such a Grammar Nazi!

Last edited:

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Raymesis

Last edited:

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
There's still a bit of purple on Dark Ray's shirt. Other than that, I love it.
So, how do you guys think Rayman's trailer should go?
Probably something like this...

Various Nintendo villains such as Bowser, Ganondorf, Wario, etc. attack the Glade of Dreams, torturing all the inhabitants, Rayman then pops up with the tagline...

Rayman Fights With the Legends!

Tricky Treasure would play over the gameplay segments.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
EDIT: Just got rid of it altogether.
Should've never brought that abomination in this thread.
So anyway, let's talk about how Rayman's trailer could go.

Last edited:

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825

Various Nintendo villains such as Bowser, Ganondorf, Wario, etc. attack the Glade of Dreams, torturing all the inhabitants, Rayman then pops up with the tagline...

The beginning of Tricky Treasure should play for the splash, but Land of the Livid dead should play over the gameplay segments.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Yeah, I know.
It's why I put the troll face on there.
Now that I think about it, I need to put it in a Spoiler tag so Sakurai doesn't get any ideas.
I don't know how, though
I know you was only kidding, no worries. But still, no. .u.

And maybe so, just in case.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
The beginning of Tricky Treasure should play for the splash, but Land of the Livid dead should play over the gameplay segments.
I disagree, I love Land of the Livid Dead's music, but with Tricky Treasure, I can imagine specific highlights in the trailer just by listening to it.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I would love to see the ladies of Smash using UbiArt Framework in the trailer!

Just saying.
Samus is the first to get backlash from, I see it. :/

And...I don't really care about that honestly, but Sakurai seems to make the female characters more "voluptuous" then their normally depicted in their actual games, so idk...

Last edited:
Those damn tricky chests. rage inducing. But a fun rage. It wasn't the games fault if you screwed up. Pure skill and reaction times <3
That playstyle with the flowing levels like them is why I love origins so much.
much more than any 2d mario at least

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Oh yeah, I remember now...Umm, I don't hate this, it's nice and such, but I guess because of the "boost to win" feel I got from trying to keep up with the darn chest (two certain level specially) it's meh to me...
I get what you mean, those levels were certainly a pain, and I could see why they could ruin the music. But there's something I love about this song, I just never get sick of it.
I actually wouldn't want the original version in a trailer, I would like a remix of it, something like this.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Those damn tricky chests. rage inducing. But a fun rage. It wasn't the games fault if you screwed up. Pure skill and reaction times <3
That playstyle with the flowing levels like them is why I love origins so much.
much more than any 2d mario at least
At times, It felt as if Origins was just as difficult as DKCR.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
If there were two things that I thought were missing from Legends, it was difficulty and the time attacks.

What other music choices could the trailer use?

Last edited:

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825

Updated without the purple.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I really hope Nintendo knows about the fake leak and how much demand there is for Rayman to be in Super Smash Bros.
However, I have a bad feeling that they don't know about it. Ubisoft knows about the demand, but I'm not sure if Nintendo knows. They shouldn't worry about Smash 4 being an incomplete package, as the game has enough content on its own.
It's not like other games in which they release a half baked product.
If Mewtwo is testing the waters for DLC, then all of us should buy it to show them that there is high interest for DLC in Smash 4.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I really hope Nintendo knows about the fake leak and how much demand there is for Rayman to be in Super Smash Bros.
However, I have a bad feeling that they don't know about it. Ubisoft knows about the demand, but I'm not sure if Nintendo knows. They shouldn't worry about Smash 4 being an incomplete package, as the game has enough content on its own.
It's not like other games in which they release a half baked product.
If Mewtwo is testing the waters for DLC, then all of us should buy it to show them that there is high interest for DLC in Smash 4.
It's more that Sakurai is the one not supporting the idea of DLC content, and Nintendo is experimenting with it. I think Nintendo may be "aware", but Sakurai is still the director. They may still get to force him into making Rayman playable, but it's still something not entirely certain more will come that isn't a veteran.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Sorry to bud into the conversation but, Vortex.

Last edited:
Top Bottom