• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I attempted to make it transparent the other day, but the hands were giving me trouble. They blend into the background so much.

Might give it another go some other time, if nobody else can do it.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Since the head is easy to deal with, I just tried making a little stock icon (like the ones in the Smash 4 emoticons here).

Rayman Stock Icon.png

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
So, I have an idea as to what stage could represent the Rayman series:

The Amazing Maze from Rayman Legends!

The stage would be compatible with 8-Player Smash. Much like Great Cave Offensive, parts of the original level would make up the Smash stage. Obstacles such as the spiked caterpillar and the giant spike ball could serve as traps to prevent those from camping. The enemies from the original level will also appear, but you can defeat them. However, after a set amount of time, they will respawn.

The stage as a whole could be as big as The Great Cave Offensive.
So what do you guys think? I know, it's a random choice, but it could also highlight 8-Player Smash on Smash Wii U.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Do you guys consider the Rayman series to be more of a Sony franchise or a Nintendo franchise? Like, in terms of the personality of each game and whether the character can relate to the identity of each company?

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Do you guys consider the Rayman series to be more of a Sony franchise or a Nintendo franchise? Like, in terms of the personality of each game and whether the character can relate to the identity of each company?
It's like Sonic, since he's multi platform, it's not really a clear side to where he seems to reside.

But to give it some credit, Rayman 1 was originally going to be on Super Nintendo, so...

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
It's like Sonic, since he's multi platform, it's not really a clear side to where he seems to reside.

But to give it some credit, Rayman 1 was originally going to be on Super Nintendo, so...
That's true.
Rayman 2 was also a Nintendo 64 exclusive before making the jump to Playstation and Dreamcast.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Rayman is technically his own thing, but Nintendo have published Rayman titles in Japan. So I'd say he's closer to Nintendo.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Rayman is technically his own thing, but Nintendo have published Rayman titles in Japan. So I'd say he's closer to Nintendo.
I don't know if I should mention this, but the Rabbids series started on Nintendo consoles, so there's that.
I feel that those that game on Nintendo systems have more appreciation for characters like Rayman than those who game on Sony systems. But that's just me.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I don't know if this is on the OP yet, but could Rayman's up throw be him attacking his opponent by using his helicopter hair(much like how Sonic uses his spikes)?

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I don't know if this is on the OP yet, but could Rayman's up throw be him attacking his opponent by using his helicopter hair(much like how Sonic uses his spikes)?
Something like that has been speculated to be either a Up Tilt, Forward Tilt, or in my case, an Upward Smash. But it could be either that as well I guess...

Top Bottom