• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Ok. I'll humor you.

Rayman's helicopter hair:

Bowser Jr's up smash:

You see? It isn't so ridiculous when you compare the two.
Rayman, however, would not do a handstand when performing the attack.
Huh, ok then. Didn't know he did that already. Thanks.

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Well, my 100th post will be coming out tomorrow morning.

I'm going to be honest with you guys; I joined SmashBoards because of this thread. After the leak proved to be fake, I wanted to join this thread to support Rayman. I wanted to make my voice heard in a community that would accept it with an open mind. With everyone coming to this thread to show their support for the limbless hero, I felt as if that was the moment that made me realize having Rayman in Smash Bros. wasn't as ridiculous and impossible as the detractors made it out to be.

In fact, if that fake leak never came into fruition, I don't think I would be on this thread today. That leak made everyone(including myself) consider how unique Rayman could be and what he could bring to the table. Had the leak never happened, not as many people would've flocked to this thread. For the first time, it felt OK to think that Rayman had a chance in Smash.

My 100th post won't be anything fanmade; instead, what that post is going to represent is a thought that I had. However, that thought won't be revealed until tomorrow, so I hope you all look forward to it tomorrow morning!
That said, this will be my last post for the night, so I wish you all good night!
#KeepOnFighting

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I just took yours and edited out the shadow is all.
Oh, ok then. I do have it separated from the shadow itself if you guys want that as well, I just wanted to keep in as close to the source as possible. So I added back the shadow separately. But thanks, much appreciated.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Oh, ok then. I do have it separated from the shadow itself if you guys want that as well, I just wanted to keep in as close to the source as possible. So I added back the shadow separately. But thanks, much appreciated.
Oh.:facepalm:
I thought you just had trouble editing it out.:laugh:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Oh.:facepalm:
I thought you just had trouble editing it out.:laugh:
Nah, it was a problem trying to make it stay like the original effect, I had to separate it and add effects to redo it like it was before, and it was such a hassle for what was done, only do have been messily done. :/ But, I tried, effects that are suppose to be transparent but is on top of a background is terrible to edit properly.

But I appreciate doing it for me anyways, the more the merrier :3

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Thank you SuperSegaSonic, thanks to you I have been playing around with Rayman's artwork and putting him into more scenarios of the game.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Thank you SuperSegaSonic, thanks to you I have been playing around with Rayman's artwork and putting him into more scenarios of the game.

Wow. Pretty nice.

I can't believe people are using something I did for stuff.... :nervous:

Credit still goes to Artsy though, of course...

Last edited:

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
Ok. I'll humor you.

Rayman's helicopter hair:

Bowser Jr's up smash:

You see? It isn't so ridiculous when you compare the two.
Rayman, however, would not do a handstand when performing the attack.
No handstand? What a jip.

I do want to say that I've been thinking about the stage idea for Rayman that @sonicbrawler182 brought up, I've already thought of an interesting layout and how it will work in general. I'm hoping on showing it to you guys soon!

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
No handstand? What a jip.

I do want to say that I've been thinking about the stage idea for Rayman that @sonicbrawler182 brought up, I've already thought of an interesting layout and how it will work in general. I'm hoping on showing it to you guys soon!
Is it going to be a drawing? Good luck with it regardless. :3

And I still not sure what stages would be good, there's quite a lot of them... One from 2,3 and I guess Origins/Legends in the better choices...

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
This is what I think could be the best possible way Rayman could be revealed as DLC:
It's E3 2015, and Nintendo has announced a bunch of new games. Chief among these was a partnership with Ubisoft to develop three exclusive games for the Wii U: The unreleased Wii U game Ubisoft had developed, ZombiU2, and a complete HD makeover of Rayman 2 would be coming to the Wii U on September 1st, marking 20 years of Rayman. Rayman Advance would be coming to GBA Virtual Console directly after their presentation as well as Rayman 3, making it the first GCN game on Virtual Console. All of these games, Nintendo says, are a sign that their relationship with Ubisoft is getting stronger.
Later that day, Ubisoft kicked off their conference with a montage of Rayman's appearances while an orchestra played Rayman music(think the Zelda 25th anniversary). At the end of the opening, Yves Guildmot revealed that an orchestra at the Nokia Theatre would be performing Rayman music the next day to celebrate 20 years of Rayman.
The next day, a giant banner was hanging on the front of the Nokia Theatre that looked strikingly similar to this:

Underneath the words "Rayman 20th anniversary" were Rayman's appearances from 1, 2, 3, Origins, and Legends, situated on a purple background.
The symphony kicked off with not an orchestra, but a rock band, performing "Rayman's Theme" from Rayman Arena to great acclaim. After the orchestra performed medlies of Rayman 1 and 2, the band performed "Madder" from Rayman 3. After the concert ended with medlies of Origins and Legends, Michel Ancel came on stage to welcome.....
Masahiro Sakurai.
Sakurai explained how Rayman set high standards for not just 3D platformers, but for 3D games in general. As he leaves the stage, Sakurai says: "What you're about to see is a dream that will finally be realized. I wish Rayman a happy 20th birthday.... on the battlefield!"
The trailer plays and the rest is history.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
This is what I think could be the best possible way Rayman could be revealed as DLC:
It's E3 2015, and Nintendo has announced a bunch of new games. Chief among these was a partnership with Ubisoft to develop three exclusive games for the Wii U: The unreleased Wii U game Ubisoft had developed, ZombiU2, and a complete HD makeover of Rayman 2 would be coming to the Wii U on September 1st, marking 20 years of Rayman. Rayman Advance would be coming to GBA Virtual Console directly after their presentation as well as Rayman 3, making it the first GCN game on Virtual Console. All of these games, Nintendo says, are a sign that their relationship with Ubisoft is getting stronger.
Later that day, Ubisoft kicked off their conference with a montage of Rayman's appearances while an orchestra played Rayman music(think the Zelda 25th anniversary). At the end of the opening, Yves Guildmot revealed that an orchestra at the Nokia Theatre would be performing Rayman music the next day to celebrate 20 years of Rayman.
The next day, a giant banner was hanging on the front of the Nokia Theatre that looked strikingly similar to this:

Underneath the words "Rayman 20th anniversary" were Rayman's appearances from 1, 2, 3, Origins, and Legends, situated on a purple background.
The symphony kicked off with not an orchestra, but a rock band, performing "Rayman's Theme" from Rayman Arena to great acclaim. After the orchestra performed medlies of Rayman 1 and 2, the band performed "Madder" from Rayman 3. After the concert ended with medlies of Origins and Legends, Michel Ancel came on stage to welcome.....
Masahiro Sakurai.
Sakurai explained how Rayman set high standards for not just 3D platformers, but for 3D games in general. As he leaves the stage, Sakurai says: "What you're about to see is a dream that will finally be realized. I wish Rayman a happy 20th birthday.... on the battlefield!"
Such a big dream from a big fan it seems. I'll just say, if this happens, not just for a Rayman DLC smash Newcomer, but just for his 20th birthday (ugh....) and such, I would be happy. Rayman 2 and 3 Remake would kill it for me.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Masahiro Sakurai.
"As an assist trophy!"

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Such a big dream from a big fan it seems. I'll just say, if this happens, not just for a Rayman DLC smash Newcomer, but just for his 20th birthday (ugh....) and such, I would be happy. Rayman 2 and 3 Remake would kill it for me.
Honestly, I would be fine if they revealed him to be in Smash 4 at the end of the symphony. Everything else is icing on the cake.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
The funny/sad part is it isn't out of Sakurai's regular behaivor
You're still very pessimistic about it though, as much as it's Suckerai. Besides, Nintendo is in control and Ubi wouldn't want him in as just a assist trophy. :/

Holy crap, that does look like Sakuari. That just made the gif a lot funnier.
This.

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Look guys, I wouldn't expect all that to happen. All I would want would be for them to reveal Rayman at the end of the symphony.

Top Bottom