• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I don't know about you, but that seems too dark for the Rayman of today.
You know what would be awesome? Mario, Link, Sonic, and Mega Man are fighting Master and Crazy Hand as they are unaware that Rayman is looming over them, with his hands playing with the characters as if they were dolls.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I don't know about you, but that seems too dark for the Rayman of today.
You know what would be awesome? Mario, Link, Sonic, and Mega Man are fighting Master and Crazy Hand as they are unaware that Rayman is looming over them, with his hands playing with the characters as if they were dolls.
Well, it's kinda why I enjoyed the Classic Trilogy, even if the 3rd was more light hearted as a whole then the previous two. But still, funny concept there...

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Well, it's kinda why I enjoyed the Classic Trilogy, even if the 3rd was more light hearted as a whole then the previous two. But still, funny concept there...
Well, the 3 were right, is just that R3 tried to add a bit more of sarcastic humor.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Well, the 3 were right, is just that R3 tried to add a bit more of sarcastic humor.
Which I approve of, honestly, despite people saying it didn't work for Rayman or something. Rayman being dark isn't too bad, it's kinda how it started despite the colorful level design. But I'd like a bit of "happier" moments to show up once in a while as well, you know?

AndreaAC

Which I approve of, honestly, despite people saying it didn't work for Rayman or something. Rayman being dark isn't too bad, it's kinda how it started despite the colorful level design. But I'd like a bit of "happier" moments to show up once in a while as well, you know?
I feel like the 3 has them. just not all the time. And well, if you want more happy moments...play Origins and Legends, I guess...

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I feel like the 3 has them. just not all the time. And well, if you want more happy moments...play Origins and Legends, I guess...
No, I meant how in the classic Trilogy, it was like that, not always happy, but not always dark. Origins and I assume Legends are still fine games, but I like how things were handled back in the Trilogy games, mainly with Revolution and R3.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

No, I meant how in the classic Trilogy, it was like that, not always happy, but not always dark. Origins and I assume Legends are still fine games, but I like how things were handled back in the Trilogy games, mainly with Revolution and R3.
Yeah, me too...and the settings also I think affect the design...mainly Ray's....because I don't know....the original 3 were more expressive...and I feel that RL/RO has the smiling face most of the time...with a few exceptions. But that's just me.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Yeah, me too...and the settings also I think affect the design...mainly Ray's....because I don't know....the original 3 were more expressive...and I feel that RL/RO has the smiling face most of the time...with a few exceptions. But that's just me.
You know, I can see what you mean. Rayman isn't always happy, or always with a serious face on him, but that's how it's like in the modern games, he's really in a very happy mood and the only time that's been like that was back in the first game, although it's more subdued and relaxed, and isn't (what Sonic is known for) a "**** eating grin" on his face. The way he was handled in 2 and 3 made him seem more calm and focused then now being like crazed and zany, imo...

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
You know, if there's one thing that's keeping Rayman from getting in Smash Bros, it's that he has no popularity in Japan. It's Little Mac all over again.

Here's to hoping that Nintendo listens to Westerners and puts him in.

AndreaAC

You know, I can see what you mean. Rayman isn't always happy, or always with a serious face on him, but that's how it's like in the modern games, he's really in a very happy mood and the only time that's been like that was back in the first game, although it's more subdued and relaxed, and isn't (what Sonic is known for) a "**** eating grin" on his face. The way he was handled in 2 and 3 made him seem more calm and focused then now being like crazed and zany, imo...
>u> Well, R1 was tiny and cute....the happy smile fits him...and yup, I agree.

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
Okay, so Sakurai is obviously paying attention to this Snapshot Contest due to the fact that he's picking the winners. Not his nose!:upsidedown:

If you all want to make your voices heard, take a snapshot from the Trophy Studio in Smash Wii U of something Rayman related, give it a title, and make sure to post it in the community below if you want it to be entered.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/titles/14866558073037299863/14866558073578519325

Here's mine for an example, and if you want to give it a "yeah".

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHizhV2wlw

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Okay, so Sakurai is obviously paying attention to this Snapshot Contest due to the fact that he's picking the winners. Not his nose!:upsidedown:

If you all want to make your voices heard, take a snapshot from the Trophy Studio in Smash Wii U of something Rayman related, give it a title, and make sure to post it in the community below if you want it to be entered.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/titles/14866558073037299863/14866558073578519325

Here's mine for an example, and if you want to give it a "yeah".

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHizhV2wlw
Everyone! Let's go!:4shulk:
To Miiverse!

You know, if there's one thing that's keeping Rayman from getting in Smash Bros, it's that he has no popularity in Japan. It's Little Mac all over again.

Here's to hoping that Nintendo listens to Westerners and puts him in.
I don't think this is a little mac situation

more of a snake situation. 3rd party problems.
large hatebase for "not fitting" and awkwardness between the two companies.

popularity helps but no matter how loud fansa are it doesn't matter if the 2 companies can't agree on anything. although Ubisoft seems pro rayman so it's probably nintendo hat is the "problem" here

Top Bottom