• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
If you're going to use Rayman, you're gonna have to be very clever with your photo, Sakurai will likely just look at the top Miiverse choices and go from there, as he probably doesn't have time to view every single entry.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Ow...poor Ray...he looks that he's in pain. But that's is a good reason to be like that.
Losing all your lives can do that to a fellow, I would assume. But, glad that got removed from the later games, makes it easier and less painful to see when you lose..

Last edited:

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Somebody made a brawl hack using Rayman's Smashified/Trophy appearance!!

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
When comparing Rayman to the third parties who have yet to make a Smash appearance, Rayman seems to be the most likely third party newcomer.
Let me give you an idea as to how likely the other third parties can get in Smash:
Simon Belmont: Although considered a retro gaming icon, he isn't really relevant and Snake already represents Konami.
Bomberman: Faces the same obstacles as Simon, pretty much.
Bayonetta: Although her latest game was exclusive to the Wii U, Bayonetta isn't really known by the masses and coming from an M rated franchise doesn't help either.
Ryu: Although a fighting character at heart and having history with Nintendo does help, Mega Man is already representing Capcom.
I don't think we need any more third party characters beyond Sonic, Snake, Pac-Man, Mega Man, and potentially Rayman.
After all, they're mascots of gaming companies that have influenced gaming one way or another.
Personally, I would be satisfied with those five.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
For a quick jury-rigged hack based on a single model, it's pretty neat. Is it playable or just a display? :3

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104

Would the Rabbids get any representation in Smash Bros. if Rayman gets in even though the Rabbids series is seperate from the main Rayman series?

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

Would the Rabbids get any representation in Smash Bros. if Rayman gets in even though the Rabbids series is seperate from the main Rayman series?
Eh....I would prefer that they didn't...they have got more stuff than Rayman anyway...they don't need more.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
For a quick jury-rigged hack based on a single model, it's pretty neat. Is it playable or just a display? :3
It's playable, I found it off of Brawl Vault. Just played a few matches with it and it's really great honestly.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Since they are a part of Rayman's history, I would expect some representation. Nothing too big, probably something like a trophy or maybe a Smash Run enemy.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
I took some screenshots with my experience with the mod, it's just wonderful.

Last edited:

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Did the person use Luigi's model as a template to create Rayman's model?
I don't know about you, but that second picture looks similar to this:
The person didn't create the Rayman model, it's the same model that is used for his trophy in Smash 4. So I doubt Ubisoft was using Luigi as a template.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
The person didn't create the Rayman model, it's the same model that is used for his trophy in Smash 4. So I doubt Ubisoft was using Luigi as a template.
I think he meant does Rayman using the same bone animations as Luigi. And judging the running animation, I thought it was Mario until I saw the pose, which loooks pretty much like Luigi's taunt.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
I think he meant does Rayman using the same bone animations as Luigi. And judging the running animation, I thought it was Mario until I saw the pose, which loooks pretty much like Luigi's taunt.
The shadows that follow Rayman look the same as the shadows that follow Luigi.
I'm not talking about design; I'm talking about how he MOVES, RedFlyNinja.
It's just a model that goes over Luigi...

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
>U> I honestly want to see a pic of that mod taking damage.....

Top Bottom